Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hey, who is judging the awards? Vinny has listed off all his friends there :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

This is all very back-slapping.

It would be more interesting to have the 'Worst Politician', 'Cock Up Of The Year', 'Good Riddance Award' etc

I think Cassie should get a special award for her amazingly insightful NAMA report ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think Cassie should get a special award for her amazingly insightful NAMA report ;)

Did she deliver that report in the middle of the Xposé show? ;)

I would like to have seen a Year End special of Vincent, Ivan Yates, Matt Cooper and maybe George Hook debating the issues of the Year, the Elections etc.

Something with more substance than this love-in, anyway.

• Advertisement

No mention of De Cork Examiner........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Vinny is really a half glass empty person!

No mention of De Cork Examiner........
    Vinny rarely has reporters from the Examiner on the show.

Vinny rarely has reporters from the Examiner on the show.

He had Paul O'Brien on the show a couple of times but he hasn't got much charisma. Good job I don't use my real name on here because I actually know the guy. :D

That Thomas Gear advert is awful strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Skid wrote: »
    I would like to have seen a Year End special of Vincent, Ivan Yates, Matt Cooper and maybe George Hook debating the issues of the Year, the Elections etc.

Something with more substance than this love-in, anyway.
    yeah, switched over a few mins ago.

That's supposed to be happening St. Stephen's night

He had Paul O'Brien on the show a couple of times but he hasn't got much charisma. Good job I don't use my real name on here because I actually know the guy. :D
    I like the Examiner, I think it has improved a lot in recent years but I wonder does anyone outside Munster actually buy it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Well, a Merry Christmas to all.

That Thomas Gear advert is awful strange.

It looks like one of those ads you'd see on community television.

Seeing as Vincent can't plug his Show properly ...
    Christmas at the Aras - A Vincent Browne Special
    The journalist travels to Aras an Uachtarain to ask President Michael D Higgins and his wife Sabina about their political journey to election victory this year
    Category News Magazine/Current Affairs
    TV3 11:10pm-12:10am (1 hour ) Wed 21 Dec

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yeah, switched over a few mins ago.

That's supposed to be happening St. Stephen's night

Yeah, that sounds a bit better ...
    St Stephen's Night With Vincent Browne
    A panel of celebrity guests join the host to look back over a turbulent 2011, mixing light-hearted observations with his customary views on political news
    Category General Education/Science/Factual Topics
    TV3 11:05pm-12:05am (1 hour ) Boxing St Stephen's Day

I won't be staying in on Stephen's Night to watch it, though!

I like the Examiner, I think it has improved a lot in recent years but I wonder does anyone outside Munster actually buy it??

I wouldn't think so. Most of the Examiner Death Notices still refer to people from Cork. ;)

I wouldn't think so. Most of the Examiner Death Notices still refer to people from Cork. ;)

It's a decent Paper, but when I am reading pages of local GAA results and County Council reports from Cork, I always think I am intruding on a local Paper.

It is still trying to be both Local and National, a difficult valley to bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Sarah would look well with one of those yokes Sinead 'The Girl With The Hideous Tattoo' O'Connor has.

It's a decent Paper, but when I am reading pages of local GAA results and County Council reports from Cork, I always think I am intruding on a local Paper.

I think they should've stuck to their core Cork city and county readers. I don't think anybody (apart from the Examiner people) really thinks it's a national newspaper.

• Advertisement

Ah now, in Clare there is definitely no mention of the Cork Examiner ;) As the Sawdoctors would say "It's gone long, long gone" ;)

Jaysus, I didn't think the interest in De Examiner stretched as far as Clare! :eek: :D

I know what you mean Skid. Sometimes, when I listen to Liveline it feels like I'm actually listening to Dublin Local Radio.

Jaysus, I didn't think the interest in De Examiner stretched as far as Clare! :eek: :D
    Imagine that!

Actually there are a couple of Clare Freelance reporters who contribute to the Examiner on a regular basis so we get some Clare news.

Imagine that!

Actually there are a couple Clare Freelance reporters who contribute to the Examiner on a regular basis so we get some Clare news.

Champion! :D

I think they should've stuck to their core Cork city and county readers. I don't think anybody (apart from the Examiner people) really thinks it's a national newspaper.
    I agree with you, however, they have done some great special feature reports. They did an excellent one on suicide last year. The layout has improved alot too, they often have very good front pages.

I know what you mean Skid. Sometimes, when I listen to Liveline it feels like I'm actually listening to Dublin Local Radio.

Please don't get me started on Liveline :mad:

It's regularly more like Ballyfermot FM.

And on topic, Vincent's budget didn't stretch to any actual 'awards' then. Just the title. Tough times at Ballymount.

Champion! :D
    Obviously, "De Champ N" is always going to be first choice in Clare :D

Please don't get me started on Liveline :mad:

It's regularly more like Ballyfermot FM.

The worst part is when Joe calls out the names of the roads as if we're all supposed to know them!

Vincent's budget didn't stretch to any actual 'awards' then. Just the title. Tough times at Ballymount.
    Ah Skid, you should have gone to Specsavers, they were there, horrible cheap plastic things.

• Advertisement

Ah Skid, you should have gone to Specsavers, they were there, horrible cheap plastic things.

But were they really there?? I'm convinced that everything in that studio is a hologram. As Bertie would say, it's all smoke and daggers. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement