Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The best I could come up with right now:

"These Are Their Stories... DEN DEN! [Off Topic Chat]"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

An' Den Der Was Ligh'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

"Hidden"

Deep, eh? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

"Welcome to FerelDEN"

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

The Denzel Washington appreciation thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

The Den who sold the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

You ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Den!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

An' Den Der Was Ligh'?

Annnnd we have a winner!

Have a cookie

cookie_law_eu.gif

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Annnnd we have a winner!

Have a cookie

I'd like to thank my mother, my cousin Jeff, and Davidius.

Oh, who am I kidding, it was all me. I'm hilarious and my ego is entirely proportionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I'd like to thank my mother, my cousin Jeff, and Davidius.

Oh, who am I kidding, it was all me. I'm hilarious and my ego is entirely proportionate.

I knew you would post something like that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

Dammit! So close.

It's weird looking for an uppercase "A" instead of a lower case "d" in my followed threads now. :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

An' Den Der Was Ligh'?

I don't get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Pseudo is a skanger from Dublin.

• Advertisement

Pseudo is a skanger from Dublin.

I'll fight you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'll burst ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Den's fighting words

Den's fighting words

I see what you did just den...

For some reason I'm creeping on the leaving cert forum, slightly hoping people will actually start posting in DIT, even though I'm working at 12, and it's going to be my 5th day in a row, without a day off until Wednesday. I gots my priorities right, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

For some reason I'm creeping on the leaving cert forum, slightly hoping people will actually start posting in DIT.

I'd post in the DIT forum if there was something interesting in there. The split campus really doesn't help matters as everything varies wildly between each facility so its hard to get a concrete answer on anything bureaucratic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The best fcuking news of my life just happened and I can't even process it, like I'm just browsing boards like everything's normal. WHAT.

I'd post in the DIT forum if there was something interesting in there. The split campus really doesn't help matters as everything varies wildly between each facility so its hard to get a concrete answer on anything bureaucratic.

I'm a mod of it and admit it's a pretty crap forum. There's no community feel to it at all, we've tried an off topic thread but even that became like a question and answer thread like everything on the forum. It seems as though there's no huge amount of regular posters, unlike the UCD/Trinity forums where there's loads of chat/beers/whatnot. If you have any suggestions about how to make it better, send me a PM or whatever, I'm stumped tbh.

Edit: Congrats on the course Namlub :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Namlub wrote: »
    The best fcuking news of my life just happened and I can't even process it, like I'm just browsing boards like everything's normal. WHAT.
    Congratulations. Who's the father?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Looking at the points in the Irish times now and it's actually frightening how high points are going up. It's going to come to the point where only extremely bright folks or the rich will be able to attend college :eek:
    I'm a mod of it and admit it's a pretty crap forum. There's no community feel to it at all, we've tried an off topic thread but even that became like a question and answer thread like everything on the forum. It seems as though there's no huge amount of regular posters, unlike the UCD/Trinity forums where there's loads of chat/beers/whatnot. If you have any suggestions about how to make it better, send me a PM or whatever, I'm stumped tbh.

Edit: Congrats on the course Namlub :)

It's the same deal with the DCU forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Eathrin wrote: »
    You mean like we shut off your service if you don't top up once every six months type of thing?

I got that once with my first phone but only because I got €180 free credit or something. I wouldn't use all of that in 6 months.
    €20 lasts me about 5 weeks.
    4 weeks free texts.
    Then another week to drain my credit:(
    No no just the "you have been availing of free any network texts..." etc :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I feel safe here.
    The LC Off-Topic was invaded by new regs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Having a bowl of ice cream just because its 23 degrees inside :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The kissing disease is not as fun as its name suggests....not fun at all!

The kissing disease is not as fun as its name suggests....not fun at all!

Oh .... Great another reason in life to make my love life a misery. As if I already found it impossible to kiss people now I have to rethink the whole thing over... You know I'm just gonna pretend this is all a bad dream. Cause I'm so tired anyway. And I never found out about that disease...... :(

• Advertisement

Random, but I think I remember someone posting a link to something that would allow you to block a website like Facebook during a certain time so that you couldn't go on there?

Anyone recall what it was? Seriously need to block boards and a few others right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Random, but I think I remember someone posting a link to something that would allow you to block a website like Facebook during a certain time so that you couldn't go on there?

Anyone recall what it was? Seriously need to block boards and a few others right now...

Concentrate for google chrome ;) You'll have to find something just as effective for Firefox and even Internet Explorer (for those really desperate times) for the whole thing to work though :P

Concentrate for google chrome ;) You'll have to find something just as effective for Firefox and even Internet Explorer (for those really desperate times) for the whole thing to work though :P

I don't think I'd ever be desperate enough to use IE. :pac: :pac:

Thanking you. :)

http://getcoldturkey.com/

Boom.

Best bet would be to go into your router settings and shut the whole thing down between certain hours. only downside is you pretty much have no internet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

When was the thread name changed????

Jhcx wrote: »
    Best bet would be to go into your router settings and shut the whole thing down between certain hours. only downside is you pretty much have no internet :pac:

Wouldn't it be easier just to tell my Dad to take the modem with him when he leaves in the morning? :pac:

I like the Concentrate thing QoL posted. Seems to be irreversible, which is probably a good thing.

I've decided that at 9am tomorrow, boards, Facebook, Twitter, IGN, blogger, stumbleupon, amazon, ebay, gamestop.ie, Destructoid and a few others are all getting blocked for 10 hours.

It's gonna be hell. :(

When was the thread name changed????

Someone asked if they could suggest a new name, and a few people did. It was den.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Wouldn't it be easier just to tell my Dad to take the modem with him when he leaves in the morning? :pac:

I like the Concentrate thing QoL posted. Seems to be irreversible, which is probably a good thing.

I've decided that at 9am tomorrow, boards, Facebook, Twitter, IGN, blogger, stumbleupon, amazon, ebay, gamestop.ie, Destructoid and a few others are all getting blocked for 10 hours.

It's gonna be hell. :(

It's not irreversible, you can easily disable it.

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    It's not irreversible, you can easily disable it.

Great, now instead of doing what I should be doing when I block the sites, I'll spend my time trying to figure out how to reverse it.

I hope you're happy. :(

I'm assuming you just uninstall the add-on...

Love the "People are awesome" videos on Youtube :D

(random one!)

They make you want to do all of the things :P That could be because it's 3 am too... You know what ideas are like in the middle of the night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hey guys :) Patchy's in the playpen this week :) Ask him some questions and get to know him better :)
    clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Facebook has just informed me a girl i semi know got engaged to her boyfriend, to celebrate she got a tattoo on her thigh with his name. They've been together since mid july, oh and she's 17.

Romance isn't dead lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

tumblr_m969gz6iaD1qjs07n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Facebook has just informed me a girl i semi know got engaged to her boyfriend, to celebrate she got a tattoo on her thigh with his name. They've been together since mid july, oh and she's 17.

Romance isn't dead lads.

FOUR MILLION YEARS OF EVO-FUCKING-LUTION, AND THIS IS THE FINAL RESULT?!?!

I hate this world....

• Advertisement

Romance isn't dead lads.

They'll make a movie out of this one day. :')

Warms the cockles of my cold, dead heart. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

To join facebook, or not to join facebook?

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    To join facebook, or not to join facebook?

Depends.

You're going into first year in college right? Find out if your course has a Facebook group. If it does, then join Facebook, join the group and add a few of your closest friends.

In general FB is a cesspit these days, I would deactivate my account were it not for my course page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Depends.

You're going into first year in college right? Find out if your course has a Facebook group. If it does, then join Facebook, join the group and add a few of your closest friends.

In general FB is a cesspit these days, I would deactivate my account were it not for my course page.

I'm probably repeating (not sure yet) I don't know why I'm thinking of joining Facebook.....I just am.....but then again it seems sort of pointless.

Also, general question for anyone, I'm turning 19 in March next year. Will that be crazy old for starting college. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Also, general question for anyone, I'm turning 19 in March next year. Will that be crazy old for starting college. :pac:
    Not at all, college isn't like school where everyone is pretty much the same age; you'll have repeats, mature students, people who have dropped out of another course, etc. there's one woman in their year below me who's long past retiring age. At nineteen you're only a baby sure!

Also if you're worried about standing out, it's quite hard to tell the difference between late teens and people in their early twenties, no one will know your age unless you tell them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement