Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    I'm probably repeating (not sure yet) I don't know why I'm thinking of joining Facebook.....I just am.....but then again it seems sort of pointless.

It is pretty much pointless. I'd put off joining as long as possible.

Note:My opinion of FB may be soured because it makes checking up on people from your past far too easy... :(
    Also, general question for anyone, I'm turning 19 in March next year. Will that be crazy old for starting college. :pac:

19 is pretty standard tbh! Most people in first year would be 18 and half or 19 anyway. Plus, age really starts to become irrelevant in college. Some of the lads that are the most craic in my classes are in their 30's FFS. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

can't sleep:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lads my internal memory on my mini is full to da brim but theres still loads of space on the SD card, but I dont know how to get things to use the SD card instead.
    Plz help goizz xoxox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lads my internal memory on my mini is full to da brim but theres still loads of space on the SD card, but I dont know how to get things to use the SD card instead.
    Plz help goizz xoxox

dafuq is a mini?
    Is it the car, or a phone or a camera or what?

Plz help goizz xoxox

dafuq is a mini?
    Is it the car, or a phone or a camera or what?
    Dude I mean my samsung mini phone od course.. Now help me get apps on the sd card plz :)

Plz help goizz xoxox

Some Apps simply can't be moved to SD card. Try downloading a file manager like ASTRO or APPS2SD which will let you move some stuff around.

The camera should automatically store everything on SD, and apps are automatically stored on internal AFAICT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I'm flying to Holland from Dublin at 7.30 tomorrow morning. With my sleeping pattern, this should be quite awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

wnolan1992 wrote: »

The camera should automatically store everything on SD, and apps are automatically stored on internal AFAICT.

Generally apps that require some internal features need to stay on the phone such as phonebook, gmaps and bookface for some ungod known reason. Can't be moved or deleted. photos should go to your sd card believe me make sure they go to your sd card. They eat up the most room on the phone. I've notice that apps (60 on my phone) only take up 2% of my memory while photos are eating up the other 95% still trying to find out where I've lost it. But I will tell u this as I found out yesterday if ur phone only has 512mb and most of ur apps are staying on ur phone ur just looking for trouble. 10 apps was the most I could get out of a htc desire a lot of memory is being lost to thin air.

Sorry wnolan its not pointed at u. I just deleted the semi comment .

Jhcx wrote: »
    Generally apps that require some internal features need to stay on the phone such as phonebook, gmaps and bookface for some ungod known reason. Can't be moved or deleted. photos should go to your sd card believe me make sure they go to your sd card. They eat up the most room on the phone. I've notice that apps (60 on my phone) only take up 2% of my memory while photos are eating up the other 95% still trying to find out where I've lost it. But I will tell u this as I found out yesterday if ur phone only has 512mb and most of ur apps are staying on ur phone ur just looking for trouble. 10 apps was the most I could get out of a htc desire a lot of memory is being lost to thin air.

Sorry wnolan its not pointed at u. I just deleted the semi comment .

Thanks dude and wnolan! I guess it is one the reasons why its such a cheap phone!
    How do you check if the photos are being stored internal or external? :)

Thanks dude and wnolan! I guess it is one the reasons why its such a cheap phone!
    How do you check if the photos are being stored internal or external? :)

Go into your SD card folder, if you have a folder called DCIM in there, it's working. :)

• Advertisement

Having one of those nights like out of some tv show or movie. just chillaxin' listening to ballads, Drink in one hand(non Alcoholic) Yep this is the good life. the life you make is the good life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I'm on the X8 bus, i'm going to bet its going to be at least 53minutes late by time i get off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm genuinely sad about Neil Armstrong's death. I normally don't get sad about the deaths of people I don't know. If you have ever felt sad about some singer's death but feel nothing of this then you are a bad person.

Davidius wrote: »
    I'm genuinely sad about Neil Armstrong's death. I normally don't get sad about the deaths of people I don't know. If you have ever felt sad about some singer's death but feel nothing of this then you are a bad person.

It's really quite sad to think the guy who is the symbol for human space exploration is now gone.

When you think about what he did, it's just staggering.

I'm thinking of submitting a forum request for a JOE.ie forum.

Maybe it could be a Talk To forum?

Where's my coat? :pac:

I'm thinking of submitting a forum request for a JOE.ie forum.

Maybe it could be a Talk To forum?

Where's my coat? :pac:

Why :( What has good ald joe(not duffy) done to ya? Its a mans site. men dont whine about stuff..... specially man stuff. Any talk to site usually ends up in it getting bashed by those who are un happy with the site..... can we not leave them in the dark away from this last bit of hope we have with Joe.

Why :( What has good ald joe(not duffy) done to ya? Its a mans site. men dont whine about stuff..... specially man stuff. Any talk to site usually ends up in it getting bashed by those who are un happy with the site..... can we not leave them in the dark away from this last bit of hope we have with Joe.

WHOOOOOOOOOSSSHHH!*

*Either you read far more into my lame attempt at a pun on Joe Duffy's "Talk to Joe" line, or I read your post with a far more serious tone than intended. So apply the "whoosh" as required. :P

WHOOOOOOOOOSSSHHH!*

*Either you read far more into my lame attempt at a pun on Joe Duffy's "Talk to Joe" line, or I read your post with a far more serious tone than intended. So apply the "whoosh" as required. :P

Well you do know that there is a JOE.ie? Hence my confusion to Mr Duffy. Mr Duffy already has his side of boards. a very depressing side of boards. Known as the live line mega thread. where one shalt not dare wonder unless your irish and from dublin and on the dole and the world hates you and you have 23 kids 400 grandkids and own a nokia brick. :pac: But you were correct that it was a very serious sad tone. you had a tear to my eye thinking someone was going to destroy the reputation of Joe.ie :pac:

Well you do know that there is a JOE.ie? Hence my confusion to Mr Duffy. Mr Duffy already has his side of boards. a very depressing side of boards. Known as the live line mega thread. where one shalt not dare wonder unless your irish and from dublin and on the dole and the world hates you and you have 23 kids 400 grandkids and own a nokia brick. :pac: But you were correct that it was a very serious sad tone. you had a tear to my eye thinking someone was going to destroy the reputation of Joe.ie :pac:

:pac:

Alright, let's just draw a line under this and chalk that down with my other failed jokes. :(

So................ hats are nice.

• Advertisement

:pac:

So................ hats are nice.

yes hats are nice.... I like these

untouchables5.JPG

Watched the US Version of the Inbetweeners. Found it funny that i knew every line but the locations where different. the acting was terrible cause they were copied lines. but all in all it was a good laugh to laugh at the failure of it. strangely though i'll be watching all the rest of the episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Watched the US Version of the Inbetweeners. Found it funny that i knew every line but the locations where different. the acting was terrible cause they were copied lines. but all in all it was a good laugh to laugh at the failure of it. strangely though i'll be watching all the rest of the episodes.

I semi enjoyed it but didn't laugh once, just wasn't funny at all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've now watched four or five episodes of the original series as well as the film. Think it's ridiculously overrated if I'm honest, I got bored of the constant "I'd do your mum!"-type exchanges pretty fast.

Peep Show has a similar amount of filth/sleaze/"gross out" humour but executes it so much better. It shits all over it, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

BUS WANKERS!!!

I've now watched four or five episodes of the original series as well as the film. Think it's ridiculously overrated if I'm honest, I got bored of the constant "I'd do your mum!"-type exchanges pretty fast.

Peep Show has a similar amount of filth/sleaze/"gross out" humour but executes it so much better. It shits all over it, so to speak.

The film was very overrated. People saying it was the best film of the year and all that sh1te. It was alright, nothing special, not as good as the shows.

I found the shows hilarious on first viewing, and some jokes are still great, but it's very much diminishing return with each viewing. The show definitely doesn't have the staying power of the great C4 comedies.

• Advertisement

The TV series is great. Has a fantastic witty energy about it.

The film is nowhere near as good and poor in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

flyswatter wrote: »
    The TV series is great. Has a fantastic witty energy about it.

The film is nowhere near as good and poor in comparison.

+1

Series is fantastic, film was ridiculously over-rated. I don't think the series has gotten old or unoriginal either. The 3rd series was just as well written and funny as the 1st in my opinion. The US version was a stupid idea and will more than likely ruin it for everyone. :pac:

Watching scary ghost stuff in the dark... this one by far has creeped me out... just wondering is that how house fires can start.

Didnt put the vid in case some you may not believe and some may not like to see:pac: but if i though most haunted was staged.... ive been proven wrong now..:pac:

I keep having dreams within dreams. I wake up, only to be still dreaming. Then when I actually wake up I'm convinced that what was happening was real.

This is happening a lot lately and it's starting to get irritating.

EDIT: 4500 posts, woo!

I keep having dreams within dreams. I wake up, only to be still dreaming. Then when I actually wake up I'm convinced that what was happening was real.

This is happening a lot lately and it's starting to get irritating.

EDIT: 4500 posts, woo!

You never know. could have been real. lot of real stuff happens during dreams. was reading somewhere lot of rape cases actually happen while the person is asleep and they have no recall what so ever. :eek:

• Advertisement

You never know. could have been real. lot of real stuff happens during dreams. was reading somewhere lot of rape cases actually happen while the person is asleep and they have no recall what so ever. :eek:

Thankfully nothing as serious as that.

I dreamt I found a book that one of my friends had written about six years ago with James Patterson. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Michael Collins just started on RTE 1!

Nothing like seeing Severus Snape fighting for a Free Ireland.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Michael Collins just started on RTE 1!

Nothing like seeing Severus Snape fighting for a Free Ireland.

Alan Rickman, the ultimate evil character. :)

Apparently in my sister's histroy class in college, a mature student started shouting in a lecture about how Neil Jordan wanted to skew the movie by casting Rickman as Dev. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Neil Jordan did skew the movie tbf, but Michael Collins was some man <3

Namlub wrote: »
    Neil Jordan did skew the movie tbf, but Michael Collins was some man <3

Well he did skew it (that bollox at the end in Skibb(?) before Beal na mBlath was cringeworthy), but De Valera was an unbelievable PRICK. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Well he did skew it (that bollox at the end in Skibb(?) before Beal na mBlath was cringeworthy), but De Valera was an unbelievable PRICK. :mad:

Apparently, Dev was autistic!

_meehan_ wrote: »

Still a prick though...

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Heard that as well.

Still a prick though...

:P

Interesting bit of information, regardless.:p

Interesting bit of information, regardless.:p

I always suspected he was a bit "special" alright. This just confirms it... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Never realised that. Another thing I learned today is that Henry Ford was an anti-semite, and published booklets such as 'The International Jew - The world's foremost problem'!

I live near where his grandfather was born, and they're sure to keep that little piece of information nice and quiet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

disney was too.

giggle to myself about it whenever a disney flick is on

Never realised that. Another thing I learned today is that Henry Ford was an anti-semite, and published booklets such as 'The International Jew - The world's foremost problem'!

I live near where his grandfather was born, and they're sure to keep that little piece of information nice and quiet :P

If I'm not mistaken, Walt Disney was a bit of an anti-semite as well.

Hard to imagine people who are such icons have a whole other side that is kinda hushed away...

EDIT: Dang it Junco. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

the seven dwarves obsession with diamonds makes sense now :P

I always suspected he was a bit "special" alright. This just confirms it... :pac:

My brother's autistic:pac:

Yeats is suspected as being autistic too, kinda makes sense! And Einstein had aspergers.

Can't believe Ford and Disney were anti-semite...weird!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Yeats is suspected as being autistic too, kinda makes sense! And Einstein had aspergers.

Can't believe Ford and Disney were anti-semite...weird!:p

Woah! I never realised half of these things :P I think there's also some debate about Emily Dickinson being autistic and/or epileptic!

This is turning into Name the Famous Person's Problem :P

I know that a lot of people with particular disorders or learning difficulties turn out to be super gifted at certain things, like maths or whatever. There was a program about it on tv (BBC?) not so long ago and I watched about a minute of it and got distracted. Kicking myself since!

EDIT: No need to kick myself too hard, though! :D Wasn't too hard to find: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lyczl Turns out it's more about autism in general. One of the guys in it studies physics in university so when I saw it first I just assumed it was saying he had a big aul' maths head on him :P Might watch it tomorrow...

Woah! I never realised half of these things :P I think there's also some debate about Emily Dickinson being autistic and/or epileptic!

This is turning into Name the Famous Person's Problem :P

I know that a lot of people with particular disorders or learning difficulties turn out to be super gifted at certain things, like maths or whatever. There was a program about it on tv (BBC?) not so long ago and I watched about a minute of it and got distracted. Kicking myself since!

If you google "famous people with autism/epilepsy/other disorder it'll throw up lots of good info. Makes for brilliant reading! Adam Young, the lead singer of Owl City has autism. (I keep banging on about it, but have a particular interest for personal reasons!:p) Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon, is also autistic. Other alleged autistics would include James Joyce, Hans Christian Anderson, Mozart, Thomas Jefferson, Isaac Newton....Bill Gates!

I'll stop now!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I really don't know much about autism.
    Something to do with lack of interest in social situations and fixations on specific items?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

de Valera didn't have autism. He just had a maths degree.

• Advertisement

The lead singer of The Vines, Craig Nicholls, has autism, aspergers to be precise.

Crazy fucker. Dunno if he's even medically advised to tour anymore.

Advertisement