Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Tesco ones are the worst, they keep shouting at you to take your stuff. Every time I go now I challenge myself to take all my change and pack up my stuff before it says something, I've done this about 10+ times and I still haven't won :(

Pick up your stuff first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Pick up your stuff first....
    The alarm will go off then and someone will rush over to see what I'm stealing, you have to pay, then take the notes, then take the stuff, then the coins, then the receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

The alarm will go off then and someone will rush over to see what I'm stealing, you have to pay, then take the notes, then take the stuff, then the coins, then the receipt.

No, you pay, Pick up stuff while it tries to give you as many coppers as it can afford,then the change, and leave the reciept.

Always works for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Lawliet wrote: »
    Eye contact? What do you think the self service checkout is for?

The self service checkouts make you have to call the cashier woman over with condoms. It amplifies the humiliation. AND IT SHOULDN'T BE HUMILIATING

No, you pay, Pick up stuff while it tries to give you as many coppers as it can afford,then the change, and leave the reciept.

Always works for me!
    I usually scoop the change and grab the receipt at the same time, neither of them make it shout at you, I'll have to try your manoeuvre now someday to see will it make a difference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

6 weeks is all it will take and i cant even think to pull it off. curse you eggs and your crunches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really liking the new YouTube layout... Having the name of the video below the video will take some getting used to, but other than that things seem a lot easier to access. Especially the subscriptions and watch later stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Im the exact opposite, hate the new layout :/

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Really liking the new YouTube layout... Having the name of the video below the video will take some getting used to, but other than that things seem a lot easier to access. Especially the subscriptions and watch later stuff.

is it possible to get a screen shot? i had an update but it was taken off and cant see any change at the mo. really want the new look back

Jhcx wrote: »
    is it possible to get a screen shot? i had an update but it was taken off and cant see any change at the mo. really want the new look back

Yup, no bother.

<attached>

• Advertisement

Yup, no bother.

<attached>

Thats much nicer. did you have the black google bar? i got that when i had the update?

Thats much nicer. did you have the black google bar? i got that when i had the update?

Black Google bar? Do you mean the one in the attachment? Because I've had that with ages.

Or a different one.. (sorry, I'm a little sleepy tonight :P)

Black Google bar? Do you mean the one in the attachment? Because I've had that with ages.

Or a different one.. (sorry, I'm a little sleepy tonight :P)

Ya on the new update of Youtube i got the Black google bar was built into the webpage. so any page you visited on youtube the bar was at the top

Ya on the new update of Youtube i got the Black google bar was built into the webpage. so any page you visited on youtube the bar was at the top

No, I don't have that. But it could be because my Google account and Youtube account use different email addresses. My YT one was registered with hotmail IIRC. Might get the bar at the top if the same account I have for G+, blogger and gmail was used for YT.

Ya I'm not quiet sure. Like I only got to experience it for an hour. They seem to have several different platforms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The self service checkouts make you have to call the cashier woman over with condoms. It amplifies the humiliation. AND IT SHOULDN'T BE HUMILIATING

When ever I'm buying condoms,sanitary lady items or anything like that I go to the most awkward young lad sales assistant and make eye contact to see if he squirms.usually only do it with y mates though.

We did it in tescos and ended up buying,baby oil,condoms,tampons,rope, a scissors,underwear and then some other normal stuff the poor lad disnt know where to look.we didn't even plan it just we were scanning them all through as one thing because only one of us had a club card.

I'm aware were easily amused.

When ever I'm buying condoms,sanitary lady items or anything like that I go to the most awkward young lad sales assistant and make eye contact to see if he squirms.usually only do it with y mates though.

We did it in tescos and ended up buying,baby oil,condoms,tampons,rope, a scissors,underwear and then some other normal stuff the poor lad disnt know where to look.we didn't even plan it just we were scanning them all through as one thing because only one of us had a club card.

I'm aware were easily amused.

Baby oil, rope and scissors?

Sounds like my kind of party! :P

I've always wanted to do the thing where you get a slab of beer, condoms and a pack of nappies, then when checking out pretend you don't have the money and put the nappies back...

I know it's cliched, but I wish I had the stones to do it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Trying to write an email to my lecturer about working in their lab over the summer, but I'm not sure how to approach. I usually keep emails to lecturers very formal, but then that was when I was in a class of over 300 students and the lecturer has no idea who I am. But I know this lecturer, we've spoken several times, she definitely knows who I am and is always super friendly, so being formal might come across as very stiff and odd, but then I am asking for an internship so being too casual might seem rude and unprofessional. Ah dilemmas.

Trying to write an email to my lecturer about working in their lab over the summer, but I'm not sure how to approach. I usually keep emails to lecturers very formal, but then that was when I was in a class of over 300 students and the lecturer has no idea who I am. But I know this lecturer, we've spoken several times, she definitely knows who I am and is always super friendly, so being formal might come across as very stiff and odd, but then I am asking for an internship so being too casual might seem rude and unprofessional. Ah dilemmas.
    I'd say if in doubt keep it formal-ish. You don't want it to seem like you think you're guaranteed a job there by being overly friendly either. In my experience anyway there's nothing worse than being overly or inappropriately friendly with someone.

• Advertisement

I'd say if in doubt keep it formal-ish. You don't want it to seem like you think you're guaranteed a job there by being overly friendly either. In my experience anyway there's nothing worse than being overly or inappropriately friendly with someone.

Yeah, you're right, I've decided to keep it formal, polite and short, if she responds in a more relaxed way I'll take it from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

If you really wanted that internship you'd have peppered your email with :P faces and links to funny videos of cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

If you really wanted that internship you'd have peppered your email with :P faces and links to funny videos of cats.

& wr0t3 l!0k3 t!$

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Ate kangaroo yesterday and it was delicious! Although was on the number 7 bus yesterday and the bus driver was a pr*ck, he was just so rude and decided to stop at the station and delay the bus for 15 minutes.

I once signed off an email to one of my lecturers:

Regards,
    CS4115_Superfan_16

He wrote back:

"Glad to know you're so enthusiastic, I'm thinking of getting some T-Shirts printed up if you're interested? :)"

I went on to fail that module.... I wonder if there was a connection... :P

As i said to my friend last night who the fork goes out on a sunday night. i will go out any night of the week but a Sunday i hate sunday and would rather sleep and forget it ever existed. unless there is going to be a mad raving house party. theres the exception. and i also had more friends that were willing to get pissed and didnt all live in dublin for college. :(

But im all settled for the night with as many horrors as i can squeeze in, Drum sticks, Monster and Alcohol. tis gonna be a good night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I always go for more formal, better be overly formal than overly friendly when it comes to lecturers.

Im sitting here watching this video Needless to say once again Youtube forks up. But im willing to be relaxed and solve this issue out all in good time. But anyway im sitting here watching the video. and i read the first comment. and i think to myself. Im ready to embrace the future. It's scary.

We dont know how far we are going to go till we cause ourselves harm. But i think its fair to say weve grown up in a world where change is even faster than it ever was in History. the evolution of technology, mass production has brought a good change. and therefore i have learned not to live in the shadows of my past but to take that step forward and enjoy what the awesome human race has given us. and will continue to give in my lifetime.

We can worry bout 2012 but its going to be 2013 that we have to worry about and 2014 and so forth. Tomorrow is the future. only godzilla knows what the human race is going to revolutionize in the morning and we will wake up some will turn their nose up at it others like myself will be in awe. because its something new. something different, something blue. :cool: and it just shows were willing to not care. only to those who we hold closest to us. but dont mind if harm comes to ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

What's everyone dressing up as for Halloween? :)

I just discovered Sweep Panorama on my phone...

It makes my desk look all curvy and shizz...

[URL=https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/446650/226400.JPG[/URL]

We had aseptic labs today in a cleanroom, had to dress up fully, suit, masks, shoes, cap, gloves, the whole shebang. We had to garb up and down twice, took an absolute age. And the heat in the labs was ridiculous, but it was still great. Looking forward to next week already :D

• Advertisement

We had aseptic labs today in a cleanroom, had to dress up fully, suit, masks, shoes, cap, gloves, the whole shebang. We had to garb up and down twice, took an absolute age. And the heat in the labs was ridiculous, but it was still great. Looking forward to next week already :D
    Wow and I thought my labs were bad, what course do you do?

Wow and I thought my labs were bad, what course do you do?
    Pharmacy in UCC, we actually have other formal dress (shirt and tie, etc.) and normal labs as well, and I prefer this to them tbh. There was a great atmosphere in the lab too today for some reason! My hours have been ridiculously low this year so far, so we haven't been under pressure at all really :D

It must be me slipping but i swear the sh t is getting Jacked up on Youtube.

LOLz. :pac:

Lol..... I still Stand by my Post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Ah, you'd miss the knacker drinking at times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Awkward moment when youre first to wake when you stay over and ya dunno what to do.. Ive to get up soon tho, plansss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

deise_girl wrote: »
    Awkward moment when youre first to wake when you stay over and ya dunno what to do.. Ive to get up soon tho, plansss

I'm in this position and I dunno where the toilet is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

What's everyone dressing up as for Halloween? :)

Goldilocks and the 3 bears!

257.jpg

I was baby bear :P my mammy made the costumes!

The First 7 seconds of this sum up my life as it stands right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Goldilocks and the 3 bears!

I was baby bear :P my mammy made the costumes!
    Love the costumes.

And on another note, I definately approve of the MCfly posters.

Noticed a USB plugged into the computer I was using at college, opened it up to see what was on it. There were several word documents with assignments that has his initials in the title, and one other file that just had a name on it. Opened the file to see if they'd left contact information to get back their USB. They hadn't. It was a power point presentation outlining why the owner of the USB was a "total lawwd," "not racist" and included several pictures of him either naked or dressed as a banana.

I left the USB where I found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Giving up the internet for a week because I spend far too much time on it :P

I just found some dude's passport...

In my bedroom. :confused:

Goes to show how thorough a cleaning job the housekeeping staff do in UL over the summer months. :rolleyes:

This is inconvenient. Now I have to go OUTSIDE tomorrow to hand this bloody Brits passport in. :mad: :pac:

I just found some dude's passport...

In my bedroom. :confused:

Goes to show how thorough a cleaning job the housekeeping staff do in UL over the summer months. :rolleyes:

This is inconvenient. Now I have to go OUTSIDE tomorrow to hand this bloody Brits passport in. :mad: :pac:

Doesn't say a whole lot about your own cleaning either if it took you till november to find it

Doesn't say a whole lot about your own cleaning either if it took you till november to find it

Well it was located on the very top shelf, which until now has been unused, and therefore did not require cleaning.

Only found it by chance when I was looking for a cable.

Well it was located on the very top shelf, which until now has been unused, and therefore did not require cleaning.

So what you're saying is that the staff who likely entered the room once over the summer should have found it, despite it being on a shelf that "did not require cleaning", yet it took you a month. Oh dear.

So what you're saying is that the staff who likely entered the room once over the summer should have found it, despite it being on a shelf that "did not require cleaning", yet it took you a month. Oh dear.

No, what I'm saying (in a throwaway fashion which you seem to be taking very seriously), is that I find it slightly amusing that they didn't give a quick dusting down of the shelves, given that we get marked down in our housekeeping inspections for the tiniest speck of dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

With all the hype of the US presidential election 90% of the people I know don't even know what the children's referendum is about or that it's on Saturday. I don't understand this. I bet most of them know more about Obama/Romney than what the children's referendum is about. Is it not more important to be discussing what's going on here, and what we actually have the power to change than something we have no power over?

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    With all the hype of the US presidential election 90% of the people I know don't even know what the children's referendum is about or that it's on Saturday. I don't understand this. I bet most of them know more about Obama/Romney than what the children's referendum is about. Is it not more important to be discussing what's going on here, and what we actually have the power to change than something we have no power over?

It is more important, but the majority of people will be led by the media, and the media have been talking about nothing but the US election for the last week.

I listen to radio a lot for example, and I've only heard one debate about the CHREF, whereas it's been wall to wall Obama/Romney, which (let's face it), makes not a blind bit of difference because in reality the difference between the Democrats and the Republicans in power is akin to the "differences" between Fianna Fail and Fine Gael, not to mention the fact that we have no influence on the outcome.

Advertisement