Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Here lads, the guys in AH are raising money for the Santa Strike Force. If you have some spare cash be sure and head on over here and give what you can. They're at about €3,000 so far, and there are goals set out that will result in the AH mods getting in the nip. :P

For the next 10 or so hours your donation will count for double, thanks to the legend that is Beasty.

Just posting here in case, like me, ye don't frequent AH.

How many years it now there supposed to be in the nip and doesn't seem to accumulate. But none the less if the money is going somewhere good bar watching ppl wiggle there bits can't go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    How many years it now there supposed to be in the nip and doesn't seem to accumulate. But none the less if the money is going somewhere good bar watching ppl wiggle there bits can't go wrong

Well, El Weirdo's target has been met!

I'm hoping they get the 10k though... whoopsiedaisyboobies! :D

I just got home from london yesterday. And it was hundred questions or no tea ha ha. But one of the questions was are there jobs there and I'm like ya there are there not visible but their there* the difference is there's 10million ppl living side by side. Shops do good because there are ppl spending. There working cause there needed. Here we live on an island only 3 million of us. It's so spaced out that its not even viable to live here. Because were unable to support ourselves when were not living side by side.

But I'm walking through Ennis(absolute s it hole) and I'm like over the next 7weeks if 10 million ppl showed up with x amount of money enough to buy a house and keep going for a year. Would Ireland come back would we become supportive of eachother. I do think it would help to bring the debt down a lot quicker though.

One can dream ehy ha ha.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

2368306011.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

2370638799.png

Ahh here its not the monthly speed check already is it ? lol. Lets jus put it this way my speeds are so bad the application just crashes

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

The 15 stone baby on Channel 4+... So interested and horrified at the same time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

*googles*

c3e.jpg

The hell is that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Former 'adult baby' now turned 'daddy' is making a certain dungeon in his house. WHAT IS THIS????!

• Advertisement

He Austrian? :P

Ohhh why am I watching this now....you're a bad influence you are.
    So horrified but can't look away...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Can't study to save my life and have an exam in 12 hours :(

Stumbled across this thought fair clever to get someone. tis fair cheeky
    also kinda cute

I seriously dont understand the logic behind stupid things like this

What the hell is the point in having it. Is it not just taking up server data precious server data that could be benefited elsewhere. Wouldn't you just love to grab hold of stuff like those forums and just send them into oblivion

I seriously dont understand the logic behind stupid things like this

What the hell is the point in having it. Is it not just taking up server data precious server data that could be benefited elsewhere. Wouldn't you just love to grab hold of stuff like those forums and just send them into oblivion

Don't you ever. EVER. Dis the Aardvark! :mad:

:pac:

No, in seriousness, Aardvark serves a purpose. It diverts the more crude of spammers away from Anime and Manga.

Crap Spam Bot comes in, scans for the first forum in the alphabetical list, finds Aardvark, and can be permabanned without causing too much work for the Mods of forums with higher traffic like Anime.

Don't you ever. EVER. Dis the Aardvark! :mad:

:pac:

No, in seriousness, Aardvark serves a purpose. It diverts the more crude of spammers away from Anime and Manga.

Crap Spam Bot comes in, scans for the first forum in the alphabetical list, finds Aardvark, and can be permabanned without causing too much work for the Mods of forums with higher traffic like Anime.

Ya sounds fair enough when the logic is explained.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

"I'm a Catholic, I don't like this ****. [...] Can I buy you a bar of chocolate?"

Weirdest one-sided argument ever.

Update: More shouting between crazy lady and the internet cafe chap. The Gardaí have been called. I just want to use the internet in peace. :(

Never seen Obama emotional, But its just awful what happened to those children. They didn't deserve that punishment. Poor kids and the families. One of the worst tragedy in my life time involving children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My dad has returned from his work Christmas party drunk and it's hilarious; my mum just wished him a happy birthday, to which he replied 'You're welcome'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Never seen Obama emotional, But its just awful what happened to those children. They didn't deserve that punishment. Poor kids and the families. One of the worst tragedy in my life time involving children.
    That is so sad to see. It's a disgrace, that someone could do that. I mean, kids? What in the world could posses anyone to do something so inhumane? :confused: It really makes me sick :mad:

Lets Just say you have a nut job living near you, and by chance they steal your phone. and you have a hunch it is them so... you go and follow them to their car and see they have a phone. they put the phone down and walk away(leaving the car unlocked as you do) you go over and realise that its yours. you open your calls and text messages and see they have been sending messages to someone theyre not supposed to pretending its you. they come back see you with the mobile and flip. you argue your case that its your phone. They rip it out of your hand and delete said calls and texts. your like 'dont bother ive seen them', to which they reply 'ugh excuse me? what messages'. Your proof has been thwarted.

I however would love to be so smug and be like 'sorry mate to disappoint you, but all the messages and calls you have sent have been sent to a computer for backup records. Your kinda pitch forked now' :pac: . would you still call the police even though there going to say you broke into their car but you have proof to show they have been using the phone.

God i love smartphones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Lads , opinions on chino's? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Lets Just say you have a nut job living near you, and by chance they steal your phone. and you have a hunch it is them so... you go and follow them to their car and see they have a phone. they put the phone down and walk away(leaving the car unlocked as you do) you go over and realise that its yours. you open your calls and text messages and see they have been sending messages to someone theyre not supposed to pretending its you. they come back see you with the mobile and flip. you argue your case that its your phone. They rip it out of your hand and delete said calls and texts. your like 'dont bother ive seen them', to which they reply 'ugh excuse me? what messages'. Your proof has been thwarted.

I however would love to be so smug and be like 'sorry mate to disappoint you, but all the messages and calls you have sent have been sent to a computer for backup records. Your kinda pitch forked now' :pac: . would you still call the police even though there going to say you broke into their car but you have proof to show they have been using the phone.

God i love smartphones.
    Whatever about the police and stuff, you my friend need to move, far away!

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Whatever about the police and stuff, you my friend need to move, far away!

hmm i dunno how to take that. but what i will tell you in the hope that my head wont get bitten off. Its from a tv show. If it was real life i dont think it would play out that well. :pac:

Also Dafuq just happened to my Youtube :O i though i already had the update... cause eveything was updated now....... ive got something like it was given to apple for a remake over. hmmm oh well still nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

hmm i dunno how to take that. but what i will tell you in the hope that my head wont get bitten off. Its from a tv show. If it was real life i dont think it would play out that well. :pac:

Also Dafuq just happened to my Youtube :O i though i already had the update... cause eveything was updated now....... ive got something like it was given to apple for a remake over. hmmm oh well still nice
    Hate the new youtube homepage, I want be able to see my subscriptions uploads right away, it's annoying having to click twice to get there...

Lawliet wrote: »
    Hate the new youtube homepage, I want be able to see my subscriptions uploads right away, it's annoying having to click twice to get there...

I prefer the new look tbh. I find it easier to find the videos from the people I want to.

But I'd say I'm in the minority. :o

Lawliet wrote: »

Same, I really don't like it. Thought the old one looked way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

http://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions/u

make that your youtube frontpage rather than youtube.com.

or follow this simple guide I just made: http://i.imgur.com/2InWI.png

I posted that in the PCB&U forum yesterday, might help anyone who wants to see their subs first.

Last Sunday i bought my first iPhone 5. I truly love my mobiles. They are my children, There my life. Unfortunately for me the iPhone was a bit of a "meh" It's is the first phone that i was not overly keen about. I wasnt interested in showing of my shiny new, top of the range phone. Its actually hit home very much and looking at my bank balance a lot harder.

This past week i have got to play with my new phone. There are several features about the phone that i love.

1) The feel: Just holding such a phone in my hands has really made me reflect on android phones and future phones. Before i ever held the iPhone bigger was better. But this past week apples beautiful 4 inch display has proven me wrong. While its not wider its taller allowing for so much more in different way.

2) The Weight: Picking up my Sensation each time it feels like an over sized brick. It's like my hand cant adjust to how big its is.

3) The Screen: I dont know what it is apple do to the screen but its one of the nicest screens i have had to look at on a phone in ages. It truly is gorgeous to look at, Specially when everything is so black it makes it so unique!

4) Sound: The iPhone has ze nicest sound i have heard on a portable device since the Nokia 3510i. Its so perfect to the ear, no thinnest, no distortion just quality.

5) Voice Recorder: I don't know what voice system is in the phone but its 'Omg i just want to listen to my voice all day' what ever it is with microphones and what not they always seem to make my voice sound wired. with the iPhone it was just me. Me finally getting to listen to myself.

6) The Layout: The design of some of the Google apps is much nicer than android :(, The thin print was lovely.

7) The Battery: I have to admit the battery is very good. With moderate use i have managed to get a good day out of the phone. normally from 10am to bout 11pm/12am of course running it all day long such as listening to the radio is going to ware it out quick and you could see yourself charging it at 6pm

Thats all i really like about the phone. I think my biggest problem is with the OS. Its just too basic for my ability. I like something challenging. Over all the phone is wonderful to look and play with. its super fast but im comparing it to a year old bloated HTC which has seen better days. I wouldnt really recommend the iPhone personally but i wouldnt totally put it down it probably comes about 2nd/3rd on my list of phones. Its iMessage is just beautiful, getting your contacts from Google aint so easy but acomplishable*. Thanks to this week it has opened my eyes a little bit more and while it always has and will be a Love/Hate situation with Apple im not giving up just yet. I plan to start from the bottom and get accustomed to the iOS software. its kind of a shock to the system jumping from android OS but maybe learning to play nice with an iPod Touch will get my feet on the ground and start me off. One of the things i didnt like was how hard it is to customise it with your own rintone

You never know if apple are still around in 50 years i could be settling down with them thanks to their simplicity. Im probably just getting a little bit sentimental now due to the fact i know im returning it its not easy bringing something into your life getting used to it and then having to let it go. But its for the best, if i only see it as an overpriced emailing, internet, messaging machine.

One thing i can say is. 'Don't knock it, till you try it' . Just thought i'd share with ye my opinion on the iPhone 5 seen as i whined about it before. kind of a change of heart now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Last Sunday i bought my first iPhone 5.

How many are you planning on getting?

How many are you planning on getting?

None after this was my first and last iphone 5 but its not to say I won't buy the latest one in a few years time but it just won't be the 5

Watched the finale of love hate last night without previously seeing the first 5 before it. And I was shocked by how crap the ending was. Not even a cliff hanger over dramatic music was disappointed cause I saw few episodes of season 2 thought it was good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Anyone else annoyed by that little Gangnam style dude on the youtube home button?

Every time I want to go back to the homepage I get sent back to that godawful "2012 Year in Review" video.

I eventually figured out you specifically have to press the "you" in "YouTube" but that doesn't make it any less annoying....

Anyone else annoyed by that little Gangnam style dude on the youtube home button?

Every time I want to go back to the homepage I get sent back to that godawful "2012 Year in Review" video.

I eventually figured out you specifically have to press the "you" in "YouTube" but that doesn't make it any less annoying....

Whoever implemented that idea should be sacked immediately.

Alright, I could get behind the little guy dancing being the link to the video, but to have the "Tube" part link to it as well is just stupid design IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

YOUTUBE REWIND STYLE no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    that video makes me hate 2012.

the KONY 2012 reference at the start is also almost laughable seeing as everyone forgot who he was.

Colm! wrote: »
    YOUTUBE REWIND STYLE no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    that video makes me hate 2012.

the KONY 2012 reference at the start is also almost laughable seeing as everyone forgot who he was.

Really? I thought it was laughable because the guy who made it ran into the middle of a street and started ****.. :pac:

Really? I thought it was laughable because the guy who made it ran into the middle of a street and started ****.. :pac:

Say wha-? :eek:

Did he do it over a big pile of the money people sent him? :P

So Facebook have finally done it. They have found a way to make a decent profit from its customers. Instagram starting in January 2013 will allow for companies to buy ur photos. Some how I don't think 25$ is going to be enough in bookfaces eyes .

Thankfully I only ever uploaded one photo and personally I can't see it making any money . But I can't see how it works out if u don't agree to the new terms then technically there infringing on copyright or what not. Although there saying u don't have a choice. But still. I really want to see how this plays out. Probably far more sever in America or uk cause Ireland really never makes the cut in anything

There's a more in depth video, but I'd probably get banned for posting it....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Pledges to jail Kony by end of the year. Gets arrested by end of the month.
    Jason Russell ya ledge

Colm! wrote: »
    Pledges to jail Kony by end of the year. Gets arrested by end of the month.
    Jason Russell ya ledge

I knew from the first minute I saw him in that exploitative video that he was a wanker.

BA-DUM-TISCH!

*crickets*

Play me off Johnny!

• Advertisement

This got deleted because it was in a spammer's thread, but it deserves to be seen.

EDIT: That pic is too wide. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

It's the last day ever, what's everyone doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's the last day ever, what's everyone doing?

Same thing I do every day...

Try to take over the worldSitting on my hole watching TV and browsing Boards....

EDIT: I've actually found something better to do. Something worthwhile...

I'm going to drive a virtual bus to Las Vegas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Thinking about everything that's happened to me in the past year. It's been the best year and the worst, hoping to forget the bad bits and have a better year next year!

• Advertisement

I dont know what to so. the 2 guys mentioned in the post aren't really friends just people from school. should i reply and annoy them for the craic or just ignore them. Like clearly the post is just stupid what ye think.

fb_zps8461165c.jpg

I dont know what to so. the 2 guys mentioned in the post aren't really friends just people from school. should i reply and annoy them for the craic or just ignore them. Like clearly the post is just stupid what ye think.

fb_zps8461165c.jpg

I think the accepted thing to do is to just "Like" the comment and go on with your day tbh. :P

I think the accepted thing to do is to just "Like" the comment and go on with your day tbh. :P

Thanks. I like this :p kept things quiet no one said anything. Just the way i like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

The Chinese in the little village I'm from got raided and 1000 plants were found. What I don't get is how the hell they managed to hide 1000 plants?! You'd think the smell alone'd give em away.

Also, the village memes page is putting up some funny shit :pac:

271071_473234042722357_233338286_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Merry Christmas C&H.

• Advertisement
Advertisement