Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Whats the best way to serve Turkey?

Join the Turkish Army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dear lord....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Watching entourage, everytime I watch it just gets better. Air and Lloyd have to be the most hilarious couple I have ever seen on a tv show. Watching stuff and reading stuff bout how characters work on tv they are simply idols of sorts.

I even forgot it's Christmas .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jhcx wrote: »
    Watching entourage, everytime I watch it just gets better. Air and Lloyd have to be the most hilarious couple I have ever seen on a tv show. Watching stuff and reading stuff bout how characters work on tv they are simply idols of sorts.

I even forgot it's Christmas .

Watched seasons 1-8 this month. Ari is the most amazing character. It's hard to believe he's based on a real character. He has the dirtiest mouth but it's just sooo funny and convincing.

Ari Emmanuel (The basis for Ari Gold) is a cool character. Him and his brothers are super successful. His brother Rahm was the White House chief of staff for Obama and left that job to become the mayor of Chicago !

So yeah anyway, it's awesome! Very easy to watch and very entertaining.

Wow... Christmas day TV was unbelievably crap this year...

Not one decent movie anywhere. (I don't consider Up or LoTR to be decent Christmas day viewing btw).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Wow... Christmas day TV was unbelievably crap this year...

Not one decent movie anywhere. (I don't consider Up or LoTR to be decent Christmas day viewing btw).

We watched Skyfall :D

I had a really nice Christmas day and for the first time in years I'm not working tomorrow so I get to sleep and do nothing :)

We watched Skyfall :D

I had a really nice Christmas day and for the first time in years I'm not working tomorrow so I get to sleep and do nothing :)

We watched three episodes of Friends, two episodes of The Simpsons (in the background while opening presents and stuff), then David Attenborough talking about penguins for two hours, then more Friends, then four episodes of Law and Order...

Granted it was mainly used as a distraction as we panned out on the couch sleeping off dinner, but good lord it's pathetic that, considering how expensive Sky is, we were reduced to those selections..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

We watched three episodes of Friends, two episodes of The Simpsons (in the background while opening presents and stuff), then David Attenborough talking about penguins for two hours, then more Friends, then four episodes of Law and Order...

Granted it was mainly used as a distraction as we panned out on the couch sleeping off dinner, but good lord it's pathetic that, considering how expensive Sky is, we were reduced to those selections..
    We watched Kung Fu Panda..

Palytoxin wrote: »
    We watched Kung Fu Panda..

Oh well the rest of them watched Up, but I've really gone off Pixar movies so I just went and watched a Family Guy DVD that I'd got for Christmas. :P

So fcking bored. Just makes this year even shtter year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lads getting some spammy text about winning a free ipod.
    I dont usually mind this shizz when its online but how would some 17138155393 shite get my mobile number???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I thought they just sent those things out to random numbers, no?

They're just a pain in the arse though :mad:

deise_girl wrote: »
    I dont usually mind this shizz when its online but how would some 17138155393 shite get my mobile number???

I got one of those before from a 171 number llike that.

Most likely explanation is that websites you've entered your number in (any online shop these days, ordering food online, even ordering food over the phone they put your number in a database, even buying stuff in shops you'll sometimes be asked for your phone number to put on a warranty or whatever) wasn't using the securest of encryption methods.

Either that or you've actually won an iPod! Woo, etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Oh well the rest of them watched Up, but I've really gone off Pixar movies so I just went and watched a Family Guy DVD that I'd got for Christmas. :P
    Up is a great film.:( Besides maybe Ratatouille, which wasn't awful either, I don't think Pixar have made a bad film, though I haven't seen Cars. What's not to like?!
    Got one as well, from +16465152341. Seems similar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I got one of those before from a 171 number llike that.

Most likely explanation is that websites you've entered your number in (any online shop these days, ordering food online, even ordering food over the phone they put your number in a database, even buying stuff in shops you'll sometimes be asked for your phone number to put on a warranty or whatever) wasn't using the securest of encryption methods.

Either that or you've actually won an iPod! Woo, etc!

Obviously because I gave my number to the cao yesterday. Knew that crowd were dodgy out!!

Obviously because I gave my number to the cao yesterday. Knew that crowd were dodgy out!!

Oh you didn't sign up for THAT did you? :eek:

Did no one tell you that the CAO is just a scam? The government get every Leaving Cert student in the country to sign up giving them personal details, then they sell these details to telemarketing companies in Saudi Arabia in an attempt to help reduce the country's deficit.

It's believed that by 2020, they'll have earned €350, falling well short of the €20 billion required...

Think I'm having a meltdown And I couldn't really care less. Any ye heading out for nye? Plan to go out for my first year see what it's like start the new year having fun

Maybe everything is gonna be just ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I don't think Pixar have made a bad film, though I haven't seen Cars.

Cars isn't bad. It's Cars 2 where things went a bit downhill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I haven't seen Cars 2, I think I'll get it and watch tonight.

Yes, my Saturday night's are probably the most exciting out of all of C&H...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I might watch Monsters Inc. again sometime, I remember it being good when I saw it years ago.

Think I'm having a meltdown And I couldn't really care less. Any ye heading out for nye? Plan to go out for my first year see what it's like start the new year having fun

Maybe everything is gonna be just ok.

Not heading out myself now...

Two and a half years of trying to forget about secondary school means I've pretty much alienated everyone who lives close enough to go out with at New Years... c'est la vie. :P

So lads and ladettes, how about a new name for the den for the new year?

Lair of the PaliDen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Dendrophobia Support Group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

We want orgy's.

• Advertisement

Dendrophobia Support Group

I DENounce the use of such a title. >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The Home of Den-gerously Hormonal Youths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Off-Topic Chat Thread.

Off-Topic Chat Thread.

We have a winner!

:P

..... The Chillout Den ...... [Off Topic Chat]

The thought of having to restore this laptop is killing me. I dont want to give itto someone cause they charge a fortune and c ck it up.just a factroy restore is all i want... think ill get onto dell. they have the discs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I like my new years resolutions (which I'm already following) there's so many things I've done which I wouldn't have done before hand!

Was trying to decide whether to play BO2, play AC3, watch LOTR - Return of the King, watch Breaking Bad or read A Song of Fire and Ice, instead I procrastinated so hard trying to decide what to do it's now 1:20 AM and Im going to bed having done none of those things. *Sigh*

I procrastinate so hard I even procrastinate when I'm not in college :(

Was trying to decide whether to play BO2, play AC3, watch LOTR - Return of the King, watch Breaking Bad or read A Song of Fire and Ice, instead I procrastinated so hard trying to decide what to do it's now 1:20 AM and Im going to bed having done none of those things. *Sigh*

I procrastinate so hard I even procrastinate when I'm not in college :(

Reminds me of this Dara O'Briain routine (01:00:30 onwards). :)

It's freakish how similiar my night was to that!

Realistically what's the best age to settle down with a career and show off that u accomplished something good?

Realistically what's the best age to settle down with a career and show off that u accomplished something good?

When you're happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Dendrophilia Support Group

ftfy

Cakes. wrote: »

When you're happy.

But u could always be happy . Of course ofer 30 and still hoping job to job think would make one unhappy

But u could always be happy . Of course ofer 30 and still hoping job to job think would make one unhappy

Depends on what you're doing like.

Take the games industry. Loads of studios will lay off half their staff after a game is finished. So if you're working in that field you're likely going to be changing jobs every 2-3 years. But if you love making games, then it's not going to make you unhappy.

Depends on what you're doing like.

Take the games industry. Loads of studios will lay off half their staff after a game is finished. So if you're working in that field you're likely going to be changing jobs every 2-3 years. But if you love making games, then it's not going to make you unhappy.

True. Ud want to be vey strong minded in terms you know ur going to possibly be laid off once the contract ends and only knows how long if will take before u get back in. Personally for me that would kill me a little everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

That's also something I've noticed within the hospitality industry. A lot of chefs move around quite often gaining experience in different types of kitchens, cuisines and countries. A lot of the time people settle down when they've found their niche or open their own business. I know that's what I want to do. Get as much experience as possible and then open my own place making it successful with all the stuff I've learned along the way.

... Breaking Bad isn't that good. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

This is a lie and you should be ashamed of yourself.

What disappoints you about it? How far into it are you?

shock.gif

I've watched all of series 1 and a couple from season 2. I dunno I just find it a bit boring. Everything's kind of drawn out and the story hasn't really developed enough for the 6/7/8 hours I've given to it... They're just doing the same thing again and again. Does it get better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Does it get better?

Yes! :)

Yes! :)

I was considering watching it on Netflix in the new year, but it you've to make it though a series and a half before it picks up... well f*ck that then...

I didn't have to wait that long to get into it. Maybe about 4 episodes?

The opening segment was enough for me. Best opening scene since The Sopranos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AvAv

I would love to be into Breaking Bad, just didn't happen for me either :(

Neither did Game of Thrones.

[Apart from when Joffrey gets smacked, who wouldn't like that?]

Anybody got any suggestion for something to watch so? :D

Advertisement