Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I'M BAAAAAAAAACK!

Hello again, C&H. How the hell are yiz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Flying Fishfinger

Does anyone want to see a magic trick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Does anyone want to see a magic trick?

Go on.

Amaze us all. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Waiting for OP to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

He disappeared!

Someone pick a card but don't tell me and put it back in the deck.

windows-playing-cards.png

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Someone pick a card but don't tell me and put it back in the deck.

windows-playing-cards.png

done!

eoins23456 wrote: »
    done!

*Shuffles cards*

Just a warning that this trick may result in this happening to you.

ANTM7.12+Exploding+accountant.jpg

Despite that your card is the six of clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Trying to come up with ideas for my school's mental health week and I'm stuck on coming up with things to do with the junior years.

Have like a stress relaxation thing organised for the 6th years, 5th years getting a talk from someone, 3rd years talk too.

Any ideas for the other years? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Cakes. wrote: »
    Trying to come up with ideas for my school's mental health week and I'm stuck on coming up with things to do with the junior years.

Have like a stress relaxation thing organised for the 6th years, 5th years getting a talk from someone, 3rd years talk too.

I can't remember what our school did (I think it was something like one person saying how we should be nice to each other), but if I think of something I'll tell you asap.
    Maybe organize a bonding session? What we did once was we all got pages with our names written at the top and we passed it around at 1 minute intervals. People just wrote what they liked about eachother/memories etc., it was really cute.

Some punch bags to punch out all that teenage angst?

EDIT: I feel it is necessary to say that this is a 100% genuine suggestion btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The only reasonable thing I can think of is a sing song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

tr0llface wrote: »
    I can't remember what our school did (I think it was something like one person saying how we should be nice to each other), but if I think of something I'll tell you asap.
    Maybe organize a bonding session? What we did once was we all got pages with our names written at the top and we passed it around at 1 minute intervals. People just wrote what they liked about eachother/memories etc., it was really cute.

That could be an idea for the older years, I can imagine the younger years being immature and it doing more bad than good. But it's a really good idea for the older ones :)
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Some punch bags to punch out all that teenage angst?

EDIT: I feel it is necessary to say that this is a 100% genuine suggestion btw.

One of the teachers actually suggested that the other day! I'd say it'd be good but it's just getting it in!
    The only reasonable thing I can think of is a sing song.

That'd be class! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Am I the only guy on Boards who has not heard of this thread? What a way to boost my post count.

• Advertisement

Why would you care about your post count?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

I wonder how many bebo views this guy had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Why would you care about his post count?

Sarcastic jokes are hard things to convey on the internet.

Palytoxin wrote: »

I care about his care for his post count

• Advertisement

Why would you care about his caring about that guy's caring of his post count?

:rolleyes:

Side note: I had 34 luv's on bebo. :cool:

I care about his care for his post count
    But why?
    Why would you care about his caring about that guy's caring of his post count?
    :rolleyes:

Side note: I had 34 luv's on bebo. :cool:
    Why do you care about my caring about his caring of yer mans caring of his post count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Once, I was bored enough I used a system to raise the count of Luv on bebo to a few hundred. It was in the middle of that which I realised nobody would notice or care. Except then a friend paid me a fiver to show him how to do it.

Why do you care about my caring about his caring of yer mans caring of his post count?

Because reasons :p
    You're up to something Paly...I can feel it in my bones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Colm! wrote: »
    Once, I was bored enough I used a system to raise the count of Luv on bebo to a few hundred. It was in the middle of that which I realised nobody would notice or care. Except then a friend paid me a fiver to show him how to do it.
    Reminds me of when those 'how many clicks can you do in a minute' games were going round, a friend kept beating me so I set my computer to automatically do three clicks per second and destroyed his score.
    Never told him I cheated.

Ah the "Share the Luv" thing...

I remember that was huge when I was in second year... there was actually a few IRL fights because people didn't "Share the Luv" with the person they said they would. There was even people brokering deals along the lines of "Alright, alright, I'll give you my 3 luvs every day this week, then you do the same for me next week right?"

Twas a simpler time.

It'd be entirely possible to bring Luv back with some Facebook Timeline app. Just sayin'.

It'd be entirely possible to bring Luv back with some Facebook Timeline app. Just sayin'.

Would you want to though?

Because reasons :p
    You're up to something Paly...I can feel it in my bones!
    Me! I wouldn't be up to anything iamanengine!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

They should bring Top 16 back tbh, who doesn't love being ranked by their friends

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    They should bring Top 16 back tbh, who doesn't love being ranked by their friends

Winning ideas like that is what will make us the great generation we are destined to be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I want that validation in my life again goddammit.

Bahaha!

I'd completely forgotten about that nonsense. Good lord, we were idiots as early-teenagers*... :(

*Added the early to try and minimise potential offence. :)

Was I the only guy in my school that never had a Bebo account? Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Pfffft, one of the unlucky ones. Bebo was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

<moon>

Was I the only guy in my school that never had a Bebo account? Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Bebo taught me to use the internet. I learned basic photoshop skills through it. I learned what I hated about social networks and how not to replicate it.

Bebo was great for its time.

Bebo taught me to use the internet. I learned basic photoshop skills through it. I learned what I hated about social networks and how not to replicate it.

Bebo was great for its time.
    Well, I was still the non-conformist back in the day.

Also, who has two thumbs and got himself a 3DTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Todays google doodle is addictive.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

Spent far too long on it at 3am last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

I spent half an hour doing that instead of college work today :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Just watched the Lance Armstrong interview, after all that's happened he still can't admit everything he did

Saying that since he had cancer he couldn't be blamed for taking testosterone

Only heard clips of the Armstrong thing, still comes across as an arrogant prick tbh. He's used cancer as a cover-all shield for years.

I'd love to know what the people who were still defending him after he gave up his legal battle, (the ones who said "Ah he's just tired of fighting a biased battle") have to say now...

In other controversy news, this Tesco horse-beef burger fiasco... they're dumping 12 million burgers.

12 million.

12 MILLION.

That's 3 burgers for every person living in this country. 12 million perfectly edible pieces of meat.

Is it any wonder people in developing countries loathe us?

FFS.

In other controversy news, this Tesco horse-beef burger fiasco... they're dumping 12 million burgers.

12 million.

12 MILLION.

That's 3 burgers for every person living in this country. 12 million perfectly edible pieces of meat.

Is it any wonder people in developing countries loathe us?

FFS.
    There's a reason we all use America as a scapegoat for times like this. And I think it's worked out well, so far.

And THAT is the key problem here. If they were rebranded as "Burger (contains Soylent Green)" or something, I wouldn't give a ****. The problem is that they are not what they were claiming to be, but they pose no health risk and should NOT be dumped.

• Advertisement

If I could buy those burgers at a cheaper price I would. I'd probably still buy them at their normal price as well actually.

They're dumping it? Horse meat is meant to be quality stuff or premium west coast shit as some rappers may/may not say.

They're dumping it? Horse meat is meant to be quality stuff or premium west coast shit as some rappers may/may not say.

Such is the word on the "street".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

We did a thing that was kinda like PostSecret..on a blank card you write a secret/problem you have. They were all stuck up in an attempt to shoe people that they're not the only one with problems and that they're not alone.

And have people write letters (totally confidential) to themselves to be posted to them by the school at a later date.

Even have posters/information for different support organisations up around the school in decent places, not hidden on notice boards. It's easly spot a website on a poster when you've to walk through the door it's posted on, you may even just memorise it out of familiarity without realising you might need it one day.

Such is the word on the "street".
    And in the equine stables, yo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement