Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

This was posted in After Hours.. It's a video of a failed assassination attempt of a Bulgarian politician, Ahmed Dogan.

(A heads up - it's not that nice to watch, although there's nothing tooo bad in it)

I know it sounds stupid because the guy just tried to kill a person, but I felt so uncomfortable watching him getting beaten up after. I'm also like that watching those police chase tv programmes too, y'know, when they catch the criminal that could easily have killed loads of people, and they fling them onto the bonnet of the car or whatever, I feel sorry for the criminal! I've really got to get my priorities in order...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I can see where you're coming from but it was hilarious to see the old man start whacking him with an umbrella just when things had calmed down a little. It was like something from a Simpsons episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Haha, it is more of a problem when people are wrongfully arrested and they try to resist arrest, because obviously no-one wants to be arrested when they've done nothing wrong, and usually get in a bit of a scrap as a result- the reason they had to rough up this fellow, (and I'm glad they did) was because he didn't want to be arrested and he also had two knives on him! He was out to do as much harm as he could, and there were no police around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What an absolutely awful assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Two Door Cinema Club were amazing!

Wow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I think the reaction of the security of bodyguards/politicians was understandable given the situation.

A major politician being assassinated isn't going to be taken to kindly and given the heat of the moment the aggression was a natural reaction. Not completely professional perhaps but I understand it.

It's too easy for some people to get too P.C about the situation watching from behind a computer screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Bhuel a Mhonz! S'been a while. How the hell are ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Anyone up for some good, wholesome, mildly offensive* fun? If so, jump on IRC (how to, for the uninitiatied), and go to http://pyz.socialgamer.net/game.jsp - gimme a shout on IRC for game info.

*For those who don't know, it's an online version of Cards Against Humanity so mildly offensive may be stretching the truth :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Bhuel a Mhonz! S'been a while. How the hell are ya?

Táim go máith, et toi? (Been brushing up on my languages.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm having a problem with YouTube videos.

When I watch them embedded (like in STYA) there's no issue, but when I watch in YouTube proper they kind of stutter weirdly.

So far, I've tried clearing the cache, and disabling one version of Flash (for some reason I had 11 r31 and 11 r508 both active). This has made a little bit of difference, it's not as bad as it was, but it's still irritating...

Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Maybe you're using YouTube's HTML5 player. Check http://www.youtube.com/html5 to see if you can disable it. If you're not, try the YouTube VLC addon for Chrome and see if that helps.

Colm! wrote: »
    Maybe you're using YouTube's HTML5 player. Check http://www.youtube.com/html5 to see if you can disable it. If you're not, try the YouTube VLC addon for Chrome and see if that helps.

Leaving the HTML5 trial sorted it out instantly.

You're a scholar and a gentleman. :)

What's the vlc yoke? It's a great media player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

It replaces YouTube's Flash Player with an embedded VLC player. It's supposedly faster. I never got it to work myself though.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vlc-for-youtube/ablmclcliiiegfmpbkfhnhipoejclmel?hl=en

Holy crap! I thought Beats were outrageously expensive and pointless...

http://www.thomann.de/ie/beyerdynamic_t1_hifi_kopfhoerer.htm

Do these come with a personal butler who'll put them on your head for you?! :eek:

EDIT: Ah here lads! Those aren't even the most expensive pair! €2000!!! Who spends that much on headphones?!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Holy crap! I thought Beats were outrageously expensive and pointless...

http://www.thomann.de/ie/beyerdynamic_t1_hifi_kopfhoerer.htm

Do these come with a personal butler who'll put them on your head for you?! :eek:

EDIT: Ah here lads! Those aren't even the most expensive pair! €2000!!! Who spends that much on headphones?!

Beyrdynamics are incredible though, my friend has a 150 euro pair. You can hear the whole mix of a song in great detail.

Beyrdynamics are incredible though, my friend has a 150 euro pair. You can hear the whole mix of a song in great detail.

I've no doubt they're better than your average set of yokes from Argos, but... two grand for a pair? Really?! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Contemplating getting my first tattoo soon. Many folks here have any? Care to share their experiences? :P

I've had an idea in my head for months now, just need to try and price it/get an artist who would be willing to draw it up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I've no doubt they're better than your average set of yokes from Argos, but... two grand for a pair? Really?! :P

People spend 2K on a TV and it's fine, but when it's on a different hobby it's instantly outrageous.

Should mention though, that's Summit-Fi. That's the top of range as regards to headphones, there's thousands and I mean thousands more spent on DACs and amps. Tis a hobby that, if you're really into your music and want every little detail, you invest the cash, like any other hobby, simple as.

Example, just in case you think I'm talking shíte

Diamond DAC IV plus: Starting price; $27995.
    http://www.msbtech.com/products/platinumHome.php

Just to make sure, scroll down to the source section. See the damage.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12

You also haven't seen these...
    https://www.staxusa.com/stax-sr-009.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well well well. If it isn't the den!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Contemplating getting my first tattoo soon. Many folks here have any? Care to share their experiences? :P

I've had an idea in my head for months now, just need to try and price it/get an artist who would be willing to draw it up for me.

I have 8 now. It's not too bad getting tattooed! Everyone's experience is different though so just make sure you go the the artist you're most comfortable with.

marko93 wrote: »
    People spend 2K on a TV and it's fine, but when it's on a different hobby it's instantly outrageous.

Should mention though, that's Summit-Fi. That's the top of range as regards to headphones, there's thousands and I mean thousands more spent on DACs and amps. Tis a hobby that, if you're really into your music and want every little detail, you invest the cash, like any other hobby, simple as.

Example, just in case you think I'm talking shíte

Diamond DAC IV plus: Starting price; $27995.
    http://www.msbtech.com/products/platinumHome.php

Just to make sure, scroll down to the source section. See the damage.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12

You also haven't seen these...
    https://www.staxusa.com/stax-sr-009.html

Well tbh, I think spending 2k on a TV is a bit mental too. :P

I'm sure they're all fantastic headphones, and if I had the money, I'd probably be the first to buy a set of them just to experience it, But I don't get why you'd spend 2k on a set of headphones when you could spend 1k and get a kick ass surround sound system AND a pair of top of the line headphones.

But each to their own I guess. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Well tbh, I think spending 2k on a TV is a bit mental too. :P

I'm sure they're all fantastic headphones, and if I had the money, I'd probably be the first to buy a set of them just to experience it, But I don't get why you'd spend 2k on a set of headphones when you could spend 1k and get a kick ass surround sound system AND a pair of top of the line headphones.

But each to their own I guess. :)

Sometimes the headphones are there in place of a massive speaker set up. I myself have no problem investing money into it. The beyerdyanmic T1s you linked are actually on my hit list when funds allow. If you can, try it. Buy a decent set within your means and see for yourself :P (of course no promises you will, isn't for everyone)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Human slaves, in an insect nation...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I actually have a decent sleeping pattern for the first time in years. This is weeeird.

• Advertisement

So I was randomly searching Amazon to find some 80's compilation CD's to give away as prizes, and I saw the following:

238384.JPG

Now... how in the name of Zeus's BUTTHOLE, does it make sense that the CD (which they have to package and ship), costs more than the digital download?

DAFUQ like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

George Lee, sound man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

So I was randomly searching Amazon to find some 80's compilation CD's to give away as prizes, and I saw the following:

238384.JPG

Now... how in the name of Zeus's BUTTHOLE, does it make sense that the CD (which they have to package and ship), costs more than the digital download?

DAFUQ like.

Costs less surely?

Costs less surely?

Right you are. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I will study tomorrow, I WILL!

• Advertisement

Goes to library, watches The Walking Dead :cool:

So this is what I would look like if I was on South Park

JPe4rjJ.jpg

So this is what I would look like if I was on South Park

JPe4rjJ.jpg

Is there a site where you can get that done, or is that a pic from the actual show?

Is there a site where you can get that done, or is that a pic from the actual show?

You make em yourself, it's actually pretty fun :D

http://www.sp-studio.de/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

What is up with this weather where is the wind coming from? What is up with boards? I go way for a few weeks and everything changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Jhcx wrote: »
    What is up with this weather where is the wind coming from? What is up with boards? I go way for a few weeks and everything changes.

What has changed exactly?

I got an email last night:
    Dear wnolan1992,

In regard to your query about the apocalypse, we would respond with the following:

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the apocalypse not happening on the 21st of December last. We regret that our calculations were slightly out. We wish to advise you that the apocalypse has been rescheduled for the 31st of January 2013. This will start with abnormal weather conditions and proceed from there.

Soz 4 getin it wrng bbz,
    The Mayans,
    xoxoxox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Namlub wrote: »
    What has changed exactly?

They have changed the mobile site. added 2 new features and everything that was on the right is now on the left. Its not a big deal. Just it happened while i was away

@wnolan'92 Tell The mayans they can keep their weather. As long as my internet stays going i am happy.

@wnolan'92 Tell The mayans they can keep their weather. As long as my internet stays going i am happy.

But without any sunshine how will teh interwebz grow? :(

An Post's Track and Trace says my address is in Kerry...

It's not in Kerry. :(

• Advertisement

Looks like there will be an Oxegen 2013, not sure if yay or nay, will have to see the line up. But with rumours of Elton John and Snoop Dogg to headline I don't ave high hopes!

Come on EP!!

Looks like there will be an Oxegen 2013, not sure if yay or nay, will have to see the line up. But with rumours of Elton John and Snoop Dogg to headline I don't ave high hopes!

Come on EP!!

Definitely Yay. Keep the scum away from EP. :P

Definitely Yay. Keep the scum away from EP. :P

:O I am at a loss for words.

Good day to you sir!

:pac:

I'm hoping for the National to play anywhere, I'd give a crazy amount of money to see them live!

:O I am at a loss for words.

Good day to you sir!

:pac:

I'm hoping for the National to play anywhere, I'd give a crazy amount of money to see them live!

I better clarify.

Both festivals have their bad elements, but Oxegen just by it's target audience tends to attract more scumbags and amateur-hour teenagers. :P

Would love to go to EP again this year... Seeing the Undertones, Pulp and Arcade Fire there in '11 is still fresh in my memory. :P

I better clarify.

Both festivals have their bad elements, but Oxegen just by it's target audience tends to attract more scumbags and amateur-hour teenagers. :P

Would love to go to EP again this year... Seeing the Undertones, Pulp and Arcade Fire there in '11 is still fresh in my memory. :P

Haha yeah I know, I was at Oxegen for '11 myself. It was grand but as you said, it's target audience can leave much to be desired :pac: Plus the direction it's taking in the bands it's getting is just not good.

So I'm hoping for a good EP line-up this year! I assure you I shall leave my scumbaggery at home :D

Haha yeah I know, I was at Oxegen for '11 myself. It was grand but as you said, it's target audience can leave much to be desired :pac: Plus the direction it's taking in the bands it's getting is just not good.

So I'm hoping for a good EP line-up this year! I assure you I shall leave my scumbaggery at home :D

Ah some scumbaggery is grand.

We came out of Arcade Fire on the Saturday night and sat on the grass just off to the side of the main stage waiting for the Chemical Brothers to start. Randomly some guy in the stereotypical scumbag gear comes over and we have a ten minute conversation with him about how he snuck in and was totally off his face. Lovely guy. :P

Then at Austra on the Sunday night, some dude was offering me meth. :pac:

One of the highlights was seeing someone (I think David O'Doherty) in the Comedy Tent, and he was just starting his set when he was like "Oh look, a guy rolling a joint in the front row. Jeez, I knew there was a relaxed vibe around here but come on like!".

Ah twas a good weekend. :)

I'd love Biffy Clyro to do EP though. T'would be savage.

Sounds like the first guy was just a decent guy dressed in a tracksuit.

Lads... Did I completely miss the memo that said we're all going to follow American Football now?

The amount of people talking about the Superbowl who've never mentioned AF before is quite interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Lads... Did I completely miss the memo that said we're all going to follow American Football now?

The amount of people talking about the Superbowl who've never mentioned AF before is quite interesting...

I was thinking the same thing. I reckon most of the people don't even know how it works.

My BF is mad about it, has been for years and the team he supports are in playing in London in September so I have to go. Why did he wait until after we'd bought tickets to tell me that matches are like 4 hours long? I thought they were like 90 minutes. I get to sit outside in the freezing cold in pretty much October for 4 hours. I think for revenge I'll make him go to a musical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. I reckon most of the people don't even know how it works.

My BF is mad about it, has been for years and the team he supports are in playing in London in September so I have to go. Why did he wait until after we'd bought tickets to tell me that matches are like 4 hours long? I thought they were like 90 minutes. I get to sit outside in the freezing cold in pretty much October for 4 hours. I think for revenge I'll make him go to a musical.

I worked at the AF game over here in Dublin.
    Ridiculously, painfully, skull meltingly long and the Americans needed so much babysitting but... I was working in the Marine section :D

Advertisement