Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I worked at the AF game over here in Dublin.
    Ridiculously, painfully, skull meltingly long and the Americans needed so much babysitting but... I was working in the Marine section :D

I plan on bringing my kindle >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Lads... Did I completely miss the memo that said we're all going to follow American Football now?

The amount of people talking about the Superbowl who've never mentioned AF before is quite interesting...

I just started watching it this year, as the games are on quite late but my college schedule is generally more forgiving than my leaving cert one was :D

It gets addictive if you give it a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Might go and see Lincoln and Django Unchained tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

http://blackacrebrewing.com/home/

Click "I AM UNDER 21"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

1. Select "Reiner - German" in the voice.
    2. Don't change the default text.
    3. Click "Speak".
    4. Laugh your arse off.
    5. ????
    6. Profit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My friends take the piss because apparently I'm the cynical and emotionless one, yet we watched the first half of Les Mis yesterday and they just spend the whole time giving out about all the singing and the soppiness. Watched the second half by myself and cried, and I've listened to One Day More about twenty times today. I also want to marry Eddie Redmayne. I disgust myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Everyone says the same thing. But its true. And taking the time to listen to what's being said can help decide if you truly are going to be happy in the path you have chosen if money where no object.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Looking for your help again! :P

Right, Mental Health week in School is all go, have it planned for mid-march.

Looking for a catchphrase namey thingy for it though, something catchy.

Any ideas?

DANKE!

Cakes. wrote: »

Any ideas?

DANKE!

"Mental Health Week 2k13! It'll be insane!"

• Advertisement

Considering writing a blog cos, sure feck it, why not :pac:

I don't think anyone will read it but I feel it will be good for me to get my random musings down on paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Cakes. wrote: »

Any ideas?

DANKE!
    Get Frankie Boyle to write it, be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Jhcx wrote: »
    Everyone says the same thing. But its true. And taking the time to listen to what's being said can help decide if you truly are going to be happy in the path you have chosen if money where no object.

If I didn't make a shambles of my leaving Cert, I'd love to do Psychology. Sadly, not an option

marko93 wrote: »
    If I didn't make a shambles of my leaving Cert, I'd love to do Psychology. Sadly, not an option

I made a shambles of my LC only 210 but i think im finally getting the chance to follow the career i want. It's possible. slow but possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    "Mental Health Week 2k13! It'll be insane!"

Thats very good, I chuckled a little :D

I made a shambles of my LC only 210 but i think im finally getting the chance to follow the career i want. It's possible. slow but possible

Already started the science. May as well just finish it out. By the time it's finished I'll be 23, cant see myself spending another 4/10 years to do get a degree and masters in psychology. Perhaps in another life.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Namlub wrote: »
    My friends take the piss because apparently I'm the cynical and emotionless one, yet we watched the first half of Les Mis yesterday and they just spend the whole time giving out about all the singing and the soppiness. Watched the second half by myself and cried, and I've listened to One Day More about twenty times today. I also want to marry Eddie Redmayne. I disgust myself.
    He was the worst of them all. Sang like his balls were in a vice. Samantha Barks should have gotten the role of Cosette as well, she had a brilliant voice. And don't even get me started on Russell Crowe. Let it suffice to say that yes, I am entertained.

This Caught my eye today and i think its just beautiful. It got me thinking how would i react if my Mam walked through the door. :o That i would love to have a family and just care for them and Should i stick it out to show my love for the person i care about even though i never get to see them.

Easily the best video

I Don't believe in war. It tear's families apart and gets innocent Men, Women and children killed at a cost that's unpriceable* Only to defend your home country but not to terrorize other Countries. Even then i probably wouldn't be able to

This Caught my eye today and i think its just beautiful. It got me thinking how would i react if my Mam walked through the door. :o That i would love to have a family and just care for them and Should i stick it out to show my love for the person i care about even though i never get to see them.

Easily the best video

I Don't believe in war. It tear's families apart and gets innocent Men, Women and children killed at a cost that's unpriceable* Only to defend your home country but not to terrorize other Countries. Even then i probably wouldn't be able to

tumblr_m5b4uhqaUs1r3yp6xo1_400.png

Easily the best video

Goddamn hippie LEE-BURUL. We war to protect freedums of 'Mrca and Jesus and keeping U's out of color.

The one at the end was the best. No screaming (not that that's bad when you haven't seen anyone in months due to war), just a somber, silent moment between brothers (I assume).

• Advertisement

Goddamn hippie LEE-BURUL. We war to protect freedums of 'Mrca and Jesus and keeping U's out of color.

The one at the end was the best. No screaming (not that that's bad when you haven't seen anyone in months due to war), just a somber, silent moment between brothers (I assume).

I know what war is there for. Just I haven't seen it. I live in a nutral country and I'm brought up in an nutral environment that doesn't get involved using fighting. Course apart of me would love to fight form my country to defend its greatness but I just don't have the guts to do so.

Don't know I thought it was father and son..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Cant believe valentines day went past and this wasnt brought up!!

http://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

Mine:
    HhGQYSJ.png

Cant believe valentines day went past and this wasnt brought up!!

http://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

Sorry C&H, I've been whoring myself around the site it appears...

242103.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

About half of these have moved on. </3

s3ciZei.png?1

To the other half I say hey there. ;)

Oh Dear, :o

ohDear_zps89a09bdd.png

In other news, I asked my friend for a song last night this is what they told me to go and listen to

Possibly NSFW

I am Ultra Concerned cause their always talking about how music controls their state of mind and also their brother committed suicide a year ago next month :(

Also im starting to like this song because partly its what i feel like inside. I just wish i could help them..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Still lusting after half of tGC I think...sorry C&H

2uihoua.png

Heh. Looks who's beloved by all.

boardsmatchmaking_zps29284070.jpg

Can anyone tell me that if you join the army and retire after x amount of years. Are you still considered an army personal for the rest of you life. And that any actions you undertake could be under army law?
    Even say if someone hit u would they be tried under army law for hitting a soldier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Can anyone tell me that if you join the army and retire after x amount of years. Are you still considered an army personal for the rest of you life. And that any actions you undertake could be under army law?
    Even say if someone hit u would they be tried under army law for hitting a soldier ?

Is this your way of telling us you hit an ex-soldier?

• Advertisement

Well if you're an ex soldier you are of course still a citizen of Ireland as is the person who hits you. The person who punches you will go through the justice system like anyone else. What constitutes army law by the way? The puncher wouldn't even enter into that law whatever it is.

Well if you're an ex soldier you are of course still a citizen of Ireland as is the person who hits you. The person who punches you will go through the justice system like anyone else. What constitutes army law by the way? The puncher wouldn't even enter into that law whatever it is.

Well i was talking to a friend and an old friend of his is in the Army they no longer get on. But he was explaining to me that he would love to punch him one(If he came around to his house) but because he is currently a cadet solider My friend would be charged with assaulting an solider (Classified as an Active Solider even though he is on leave from the army) which doesn't go near the civil justice system. my friend was in the army as well but got discharged. But im wondering do the same law apply even though you have left active duty but that you will always be a Solider of Ireland,america,United Kingdom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Just experimented with a hair straightener and now I look like a massive emo it'll wear out overnight right? :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

After going to pukkelpop I swore off Irish festivals. Longitude is making me seriously reconsider that. Vampire weekend, yeah yeah yeahs, foals, villagers, hot chip, modest mouse. So good!

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    After going to pukkelpop I swore off Irish festivals. Longitude is making me seriously reconsider that. Vampire weekend, yeah yeah yeahs, foals, villagers, hot chip, modest mouse. So good!

Came on to post just this! Really considering getting a ticket. Add Kraftwerk, Local Natives and Django Django to that!

Wow, really good lineup. Phoenix playing whove totally ignored Ireland the last few years as far as I can remember.

• Advertisement

Does anyone here play harmonica by any chance?

tumblr_lndswgG1Np1qch7pn.jpg

Risking the innuendo: I have one and I'm capable of blowing into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I've one that I played minimally years ago, so I doubt I'd be helpful in any way with any problems tbh

Does anyone here play harmonica by any chance?

The man you are seeking goes by the name "Neil Young". Whether or not he is a C&Her or not is anyone's guess.

• Advertisement

The man you are seeking goes by the name "Neil Young". Whether or not he is a C&Her or not is anyone's guess.

He's got the right name for it anyway.

I just spent half an hour finding my teachers on facebook. It's mad that they're people too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I just spent half an hour finding my teachers on facebook. It's mad that they're people too!

And this is the reason my FB name is all kinds of weirdness right now!
    Student teachers FTW.

Student teachers are awesome. My friend is friends with a once student teacher. who is now a student back in trinity. Its wired when teachers become students

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I think I'll throw together a bit of a CV at the weekend, try and be slightly proactive about finding some sort of work!

I see JB is making the news trying to get into a fight in England. I declare he has had the worst time in England or their trying to make his life hell ha ha. Either way I'm happy he's become snobby and ignorant and a brat. Nobody likes those ppl. Or least I think nobody likes those ppl I prolly stand wrong

I see JB is making the news trying to get into a fight in England. I declare he has had the worst time in England or their trying to make his life hell ha ha. Either way I'm happy he's become snobby and ignorant and a brat. Nobody likes those ppl. Or least I think nobody likes those ppl I prolly stand wrong
    The reporter came off worse, he was a complete twat.

The reporter came off worse, he was a complete twat.

I had to laugh when he was declaring he was assaulted. God sometimes it must be horrible to be a celeb in the face of media.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

I had to laugh when he was declaring he was assaulted. God sometimes it must be horrible to be a celeb in the face of media.

Wait so he WASN'T assaulted?
    There is no justice in this world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement