Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Palytoxin wrote: »
    This may seem strange and a huge coincidence, but I also garnered some potential Saturday pharmacy work today!, had to sacrifice a days study and leave my comfort zone, but I did it and may potentially make some money!

Success Palytoxin! I'm fair excited for you :D Future bants about Saturday Pharmacy work. Class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Its amazing how much we change over the years and yet peoples perception seems to take much longer to change. That's what I like about the internet, nobody is judged by there appearance, just their personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Gonna judge you by your avatar, you big jumpguy wannabe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Only way you can judge people truly is through their music. :pac: and even at that i would be tempted to [Insert Caption Here] their [Insert item here], Rule #1 NEVER judge a persons music taste :pac:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

MBV for E.P. and I am there!!!

• Advertisement

Da ald Boards are quiet this morning. has anyone noticed how
    weird the word "Quiet" looks?

Jhcx wrote: »
    Da ald Boards are quiet this morning. has anyone noticed how
    weird the word "Quiet" looks?

Eugh, libraries pain me.

That's why quiet makes me sad. Libraries = quiet

Eugh, libraries pain me.

That's why quiet makes me sad. Libraries = quiet

Ugh libraries i dont miss them. they are grand for being quiet when you need them to be but thats only a rare 1%

Ugh libraries i dont miss them. they are grand for being quiet when you need them to be but thats only a rare 1%

And taking out books is over-rated.

I hate to see kids get hurt in anyway. be it loosing a parent, getting given out to, injured and so on.

That i actually try and avoid them simply because i dont want to be witness to any incident, or responsible for their safety. And i often wonder that must make me seem like a bad person. like literally im just a big softy in Certain situations and children are a weakness on me because of my hard up bringing that i never want to see them go through what i went to. but then i have to laugh when i look at my life and if i was a parent i would be contradicting by being strict, just so i can protect them and keep them safe.

• Advertisement

Barbecue Sauce.

/thread

Barbecue Sauce.

/thread

We need polices, structure and procedure in this court room before any verdict is ruled.

In saying that i had a nice bacon and chicken sambo today.. was quite umm

We need polices, structure and procedure in this court room before any verdict is ruled.

In saying that i had a nice bacon and chicken sambo today.. was quite umm

I said /thread goddamn you!!! :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnC1Vw-MtCo9-NR8v6JU3wCG0g5xFeQEx3GWuaj_fQZgz3PhugKA

So, Dendrophillia eh..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So, on this day in 1983, the Pioneer 10 space probe passed through Pluto's orbit. It would later become the first man-made object to leave our Solar System.

Now, it was launched in 1972. Contact was lost with it in 2002 when it was 80 AU (that's 12 BILLION kilometers) from the sun. In 2009, projections estimate it was 100 AU from the sun. So, it took 37 years to travel 100 AU.

At that point, it was still 271,000 AU from the nearest star. That's 4.0541023 × 10^13 (40,541,023,000,000km?)

I find that both awe inspiring and crushingly depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So, on this day in 1983, the Pioneer 10 space probe passed through Pluto's orbit. It would later become the first man-made object to leave our Solar System.

Now, it was launched in 1972. Contact was lost with it in 2002 when it was 80 AU (that's 12 BILLION kilometers) from the sun. In 2009, projections estimate it was 100 AU from the sun. So, it took 37 years to travel 100 AU.

At that point, it was still 271,000 AU from the nearest star. That's 4.0541023 × 10^13 (40,541,023,000,000km?)

More importantly this day in 1991, I was born. Can you imagine a world without me? Didn't think so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Happy Birthday Pigwidgeon!

I think it's great that it can just coast away for years and years now, have a look at the current status of Voyager there, the next notable event for it is to pass within 1.6 light years of a star in 40,000 years time! It's a mind-bogglingly vast expanse when you think about it.

I only recently saw this as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Sometimes I'll be sitting on my balcony enjoying a beer(and nothing else:P) and i'll stare up at the stars. it's very therapeutic, especially after week of 11 and 12 hour shifts dealing with jack-ass customers. every tiny little dot of light you see in the night sky is many billions of trillions of miles away. A greater distance than we could travel in multiple lifetimes. each of those dots of light are massive spinning balls of heat,light and fire. All those dots that seem so close to each other are seperated by vast empty space , billions of miles apart. we are one little ball of rock, in a star system in a galaxy of hundreds of thousands of star systems, in a universe of millions of galaxies. The universe is so massive that we can only observe a fraction.
    we are nothing more than specks of dust. I never would have thought that i would find it so cool to feel so insignificant.

the fact that governments around the world spend more on weapons and bombs rather than exploring the universe is the most depressing thought ever.

Im worried, im gonna be bored out of my mind next week in Dublin. Seen as i'm up at 3am and finish work at 9:30am

• Advertisement

I should study but I hate studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I should study but I hate studying.

I spent an hour walking around the Lough this morning, an hour and a half eating breakfast in a café, two hours watching tv, an hour listening to music, then 6 hours in a vegan restaurant, an since I came home I've taken a sudden interest in Cork City FC, so I'm watching the football game... Basically, me too :P

I spent an hour walking around the Lough this morning, an hour and a half eating breakfast in a café, two hours watching tv, an hour listening to music, then 6 hours in a vegan restaurant, an since I came home I've taken a sudden interest in Cork City FC, so I'm watching the football game... Basically, me too :P

I didn't emerge until 2pm, went had lunch with my friend, packed, travelled home to Kerry, chinese, brother's birthday. Effort of trying to study BioChem.

Can I just say, if the weather stays like this, we'll have some epic summer! :D

My biggest achievement of the day was cleaning our kitchen...

I haven't hoovered my floor in college in weeks. Curse you Navy Carpet and your ninja shadows.

I'll spare everybody the intimate details but underneath our toaster and the yoke we put our washed dishes on were like mould war-zones :( Probably never moved the toaster before..

I haven't hoovered my floor in college in weeks. Curse you Navy Carpet and your ninja shadows.

High five! :D

I haven't hoovered my room since the night before our last inspection... which was... February... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I didn't emerge until 2pm, went had lunch with my friend, packed, travelled home to Kerry, chinese, brother's birthday. Effort of trying to study BioChem.

Can I just say, if the weather stays like this, we'll have some epic summer! :D

Yeah this morning was really nice... Also, our biochem course is really similar, and it does, indeed, suck ass.
    Palytoxin wrote: »
    My biggest achievement of the day was cleaning our kitchen...

Untidy kitchens are horrible though! You had to :P :D

High five! :D

I haven't hoovered my room since the night before our last inspection... which was... February... :P

I am thoroughly impressed. My roomies are serious neat-freaks so I never have to bother with the kitchen/sitting room, only my room. And tbh, the ninja shadows are my friends <3
    Yeah this morning was really nice... Also, our biochem course is really similar, and it does, indeed, suck ass.

Untidy kitchens are horrible though! You had to :P :D

Biochem genuinely kills my soul.

• Advertisement

There's some fella outside one of the houses beside my building; he's pissed drunk and locked out. He is hammering on the door and shouting. He's having no luck; it's been at least 15 minutes at this point. I find this hilarious, although I might feel differently if i'd been woken from my sleep rather than just home from work.
    Sitting here sipping a post-work beer chortling happily at the man who forgot his keys.

that moment when the internet nearly gets it right.

aPw5ZpG_460s_v1.jpg

that moment when the internet nearly gets it right.

Haha that is exactly me, except perhaps not the racist part....>.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Wow imagine that an image you found on a site with mainly those demographics is accurate at predicting those demographics.

Ok, so I was fiddling about on After Hours and came across another on of those 9/11 conspiracy theory threads, now I know nothing about the whole conspiracy side to 9/11 and generally wouldn't bother with it, but in my boredom I decided to read on.

Now you had the usual crap you would expect but you also had some very interesting points. I came across this video anyway which I found really interesting.

Would be interested to hear what anyone thinks about it who has an interest in the area. Thought the dude at the end had very interesting points and raised a lot of suspicion in general! As I said I know nothing about the subject so could be way off, but yeah, should probably have take it to the CT forum, but meh. :P

I dispise conspiracy theory's on 9/11. There are crazy people out there, things can happen that we don't expect to happen. Natural events unseen by the eye can happen. Some near 3,000 people died and people still think the government murdered them. Maybe it did happen maybe it didn't. But we will never know until someone time travels. But as much as I love reading about 9/11 trying to understand it I just hate when people make it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I dispise conspiracy theory's on 9/11. There are crazy people out there, things can happen that we don't expect to happen. Natural events unseen by the eye can happen. Some near 3,000 people died and people still think the government murdered them. Maybe it did happen maybe it didn't. But we will never know until someone time travels. But as much as I love reading about 9/11 trying to understand it I just hate when people make it worse.
    I was just thinking of this to myself the other day, and yes, it is as stupid as hell. While I'm willing to accept that the US used the attacks as an excuse to go to war, I will not believe that they plotted the whole incident just so they could do just that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Such a dodge dream last night I dont even know what to make of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

deise_girl wrote: »

Well, tell us and we'll laugh help!

I handed in my last assignment of the year today, but that does mean I have to focus on exams now. So a :D and a :( for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

deise_girl wrote: »

Did waterford get relegated in your dream? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I couldn't decided whether to make normal or white chocolate brownies so I made both and mixed the batter. Om nom nom.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I couldn't decided whether to make normal or white chocolate brownies so I made both and mixed the batter. Om nom nom.

/drools

I told you i'd be back on this day. :p

Finally according to Wnolan and the Irish calender.

It's FINALLY summer!! which means is can bring ya'll back to ---> this OFC <--- :pac:

and no you cant go back on your word, its summer! I wont be getting a summer :(

In the summertime when the weather is high you can reach right up and touch THE DEN.

In the summertime when the weather is high you can reach right up and touch THE DEN.

Probably a little on the long side for a thread title. :P

enjoying my first balcony beers. summer is here. :)

Probably a little on the long side for a thread title. :P

4/5 words depending on the preference

The Summer chillout den.
    without space between chill and out
    theden2_zpsee117486.jpg

With Space
    theden3_zps0290d395.jpg

The Dendrophilia Support Group
    Theden1_zps9f0b376d.jpg

I think he was referring to my suggestion :P
    'In the summertime when the weather is high you can reach right up and touch THE DEN.'

However, I have a new suggestion!.

The Den of Cthulu and Summer.

I think he was referring to my suggestion :P
    'In the summertime when the weather is high you can reach right up and touch THE DEN.'

However, I have a new suggestion!.

The Den of Cthulu and Summer.

possibly... but i didnt see that.

on other news DA Hell is 'Cthulu'? according to google it's a Horror film.. do we need a scary summer?

possibly... but i didnt see that.

on other news DA Hell is 'Cthulu'? according to google it's a Horror film.. do we need a scary summer?

This is Ireland dude, we'll take ANY summer. :pac:

I'll change the thread title tonight when I get a chance, so if anyone's any other suggestions get 'em in now or forever be a miserable disappointment to me. :P

Denouement tbh, it's apt

• Advertisement
Advertisement