Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Denzel Washington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

We need a vote... Of the selection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The dark lord Cthulu is not a horror film. He is merely a cosmic entity from another dimension.

See here for references and hilarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The dark lord Cthulu is not a horror film. He is merely a cosmic entity from another dimension.

See here for references and hilarity.

You watched that last night too didn't you? :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You watched that last night too didn't you? :pac:

Indeed :pac:

I'd seen it before but my God, it gets me every time! So funny when Cartman just attacks the kid. Aw it's good stuff.

Indeed :pac:

I'd seen it before but my God, it gets me every time! So funny when Cartman just attacks the kid. Aw it's good stuff.
    Anchor Man: The DP Oil Company today drilled into the moon and appears to have caused even greater problems.
    Stan: Uh oh, I think we'd better get back into our costumes again, guys.
    Gulf Spill Reporter 2: Tom, the DP Oil Company has had another drilling accident. This time they appear to have unleashed the dark and mighty Cthulhu. The rise of Cthulhu from another dimension brings brings about three thousand years of darkness, Tom, where we will all be driven to madness and made to service Cthulhu's cult as slaves. The president of DP Oil released this press statement:
    Tony Hayward: As president of DP Oil, I want to say... We're sorry. [in the bathroom shaving] I'm deeply sorry. [naked on a bear rug before a fireplace, his butt cheeks rosy-red] Sorry.
    Reporter: Cthulhu rahlyeh whatletu flahgen. Praise the dark Cthulhu, long may he reign.

:pac:

Just been asked to start training with American Airlines on Wednesday. I'm actually lost for words since i got the call ha ha.

Im just curious,
    Most people just pronounce my username in letters such as J.H.C.X and im the only one so far who knows what way to say it so just for anyone who would like to know i pronounce it as Jex kinda a silent H & C so it turns out or my other spelling is Je-hecx

Jhcx wrote: »
    Im just curious,
    Most people just pronounce my username in letters such as J.H.C.X and im the only one so far who knows what way to say it so just for anyone who would like to know i pronounce it as Jex kinda a silent H & C so it turns out or my other spelling is Je-hecx

Whenever I seen your name I always pronounced it as Jex, yay for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Im just curious,

I'd always pronounced it like "Jix" in my head if that's any consolation :P

I'd always pronounced it like "Jix" in my head if that's any consolation :P

Sounds bout right. I know that's how it would be pronounce in Romania.

Sounds bout right. I know that's how it would be pronounce in Romania.

Lol I love that you know what it's be pronounced like in Romania! Forever wishing I'd been more creative with my name :P

Lol I love that you know what it's be pronounced like in Romania! Forever wishing I'd been more creative with my name :P

Lol, Well the only way i know is from few colleagues who are from Romania and Poland and we got into a discussion last week about A,E,I how A is pronounced E, E is I and I is A :pac: i could be slightly mixing them up but i think that's correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I always say it J-H-C-X, always seemed easier to say each letter on its own rather than tackle the word!

I always say J-H-C-X as well... standard practice for those usernames that have less vowels than a Welsh placename...

• Advertisement

Well now ye know. There also all my initials bar the X. just stands for Xtreme(Im gonna play on words with that) or the more common phonetic alphabet X-Ray

Well now ye know. There also all my initials bar the X. just stands for Xtreme(Im gonna play on words with that) or the more common phonetic alphabet X-Ray

Hahaha now whenever I see your name I'll think J-H-C-X-Ray!!

wow the list just gets longer. so so far from my name by other people its
    Jonathan Harvard College X-Ray ....... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Hi Conor lol

Rice, rice, baby!

• Advertisement

This summer weather is great isn't it. :rolleyes: :P

This summer weather is great isn't it. :rolleyes: :P
    Great drying out today!

Jaysus, J-H-C-X-Ray will love this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

At the thread title change...

I bow before thy great mod who changed the title with the utmost gracious Thank you kind noble Sir.

Yes the weather is lovely. windy but warm. got the car washed and spent most of today out in the sun.

Ok fellow C&H'ers, I have a dilemma and I come to you begging and unworthy in need of your assistance and advice.

Right so, first off I need a job...desperately. I have no money and absolutely nothing to do for the 1st 3 months of summer. I have tried and tried to get a job but to no avail, have heard absolutely nothing back from anyone.

So, this morning a friend rings me, who is in a similar situation as myself, saying, lets go to London and get jobs there. Now I, nor he, knows anyone in London and we're going over there solely in the hope that if we play football over there we should get a job, apparently he has a cousin who went over and did just that and got a job. Now it's a risky move and if I don't get a job and have to come home I'll be down even more money I can ill-afford to spend.

So, WTF DO I DO?!!!?!???!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Now I, nor he, knows anyone in London and we're going over there solely in the hope that if we play football over there we should get a job, apparently he has a cousin who went over and did just that and got a job.

Will you be expected to win a match of street football against Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi? I dunno, probably not, doesn't seem like it'd be very easy, I mean they're very good footballers like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The lack of pun in the thread title disturbs me

So, WTF DO I DO?!!!?!???!

Go for it. Live on the out skirts of london get a weekly/monthly oyster card in on the train. their should be loads of jobs going for summer gigs in the likes of the parks and events just around the city. defo worth trying but the cost will prolly drag you down faster than a lead balloon :(

Lawliet wrote: »
    The lack of pun in the thread title disturbs me

No pun intended? its "Summer" it will be taken down and changed in a few weeks when all the young-in's are back at school :pac:

• Advertisement

Will you be expected to win a match of street football against Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi? I dunno, probably not, doesn't seem like it'd be very easy, I mean they're very good footballers like.

Football in the GAA sense :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Riverfest was on in town today so between that and the sun town was jammed.
    because of the event our marketing department was down and we had a stall set up outside the shop.
    I was handed the s'macs bunny suit and told to go out on the street handing out balloons and taking pics with the kiddies.
    suit was smelly and hot and it was a bit demeaning but after about thirty minutes i started to enjoy it.
    Seeing the big beaming smile on a toddler as a 5 foot 10 bunny (although the ears probably added another 6 inches) high fives them and hands them a balloon makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
    some of the kids were terrified of me which was hilarious.
    the sun resulted in lots of college girls donning shorts and t-shirts and the mask hid the fact that i creeped on them all. sunglasses aint got nothing on a bunny suit. :P
    plus they all wanted to hug the bunny
    so all in all a good day.

Riverfest was on in town today so between that and the sun town was jammed......
    the sun resulted in lots of college girls donning shorts and t-shirts and the mask hid the fact that i creeped on them all. sunglasses aint got nothing on a bunny suit. :P
    plus they all wanted to hug the bunny
    so all in all a good day.

Sounds like a blast. I would enjoy something like that if i was able to look at girls half naked and go DAAM! but i repect them too much to just think of them as sexy human beings i just want to be in bed with.

Im my news story for this evening . Iron Man III was great as always. i just like the theme and special effects are amazing but would ultimately love a system like Jarvis, someday right? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

but i repect them too much to just think of them as sexy human beings i just want to be in bed with.
    Hey i wasn't objectifying them just appreciating them, Farrah who was in the suit before me said she did the same to the fellas. :P

Hey i wasn't objectifying them just appreciating them, Farrah who was in the suit before me said she did the same to the fellas. :P

Im not saying anything. I'm just saying I flirt with girls but cant walk down the street with a group of friends who are all checking out girls and im their just walking past them . It hurts me because it makes me look like i have no interest in them.

Am I the only one who doesn't appreciate Breaking Bad? Currently on Season 1 episode 4 and I feel like I'm forcing myself to watch them because eryone says it's so good.

Am I the only one who doesn't appreciate Breaking Bad? Currently on Season 1 episode 4 and I feel like I'm forcing myself to watch them because eryone says it's so good.

give it time. i remember the first episode i found boring was like dafuq am i watching. 5 seasons later im hooked like a fish

give it time. i remember the first episode i found boring was like dafuq am i watching. 5 seasons later im hooked like a fish

I'm trying my best but it's so slow or something, I dunno, I'm finding it hard to click with :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I've watched a good bit of it and I don't see the big deal about it, as a matter of fact I'm the same with just about every other show like that

I don't get the hype over them

I'm trying my best but it's so slow or something, I dunno, I'm finding it hard to click with :(

Ya it's slow alright season two picked up 3 dropped 4leveled . But it might not be for you but stick it out the 40minutes might seem like 2 hours but its not that bad

I was addicted from episode 1...however, I finished season 4 there a few months back and have found myself not at all bothered about going back to it. I will finish it though I imagine, though I have no love for El Heisenberg anymore!!

As in I just started the fifth episode there, thought it must be half way done, no ten minutes in :P

As in I just started the fifth episode there, thought it must be half way done, no ten minutes in :P

Ha ha ha

So I'm going to Billy Connolly's show in Limerick tonight. And I've just been reading up on this "incident" (if you could even call it that) in Killarney. (link)

Am I the only that doesn't get the furoré?

I mean sure, it was a bit mean, but calls for boycotts in the Dáil? Really Michael Healy Rae? Really?

My favourite headline was this though:
    Billy Connolly's Irish shows sell out despite foul-mouthed tirade that reduced photographer to tears
    (Source)

which completely ignores the fact that the shows have (or at least the Limerick show has) been sold out for weeks/months. :P

• Advertisement

So I'm going to Billy Connolly's show in Limerick tonight. And I've just been reading up on this "incident" (if you could even call it that) in Killarney. (link)

Am I the only that doesn't get the furoré?

I mean sure, it was a bit mean, but calls for boycotts in the Dáil? Really Michael Healy Rae? Really?

My favourite headline was this though:

(Source)

which completely ignores the fact that the shows have (or at least the Limerick show has) been sold out for weeks/months. :P
    Sure what else would you expect at a Billy Connolly show? And sure she was sitting there on the middle of the steps just snapping away, wouldn't have a whole lot of sympathy for her, even though he should have been a lot less crass about it. And 90% of what Healy Rae comes out with can be disregarded, he's all about the local vote.

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Sure what else would you expect at a Billy Connolly show? And sure she was sitting there on the middle of the steps just snapping away, wouldn't have a whole lot of sympathy for her, even though he should have been a lot less crass about it. And 90% of what Healy Rae comes out with can be disregarded, he's all about the local vote.

And in fairness to the Healy Rae family, they always do say what the country Kerry people want to hear!

And in fairness to the Healy Rae family, they always do say what the country Kerry people want to hear!
    I'd say he'd say anything to keep Kerry on his side, evidence :pac:
    Edit: Oops wrong Healy Rae! Same difference...
    Edit arís: Knew it was somewhere

Palytoxin wrote: »
    I'd say he'd say anything to keep Kerry on his side, evidence :pac:
    Edit: Oops wrong Healy Rae! Same difference...
    Edit arís: Knew it was somewhere

I know more about the Healy Rae's than I ever need to know- Good ol' Kerry's Eye and Kerryman. They're where the real stories happen :P

21 and over prolly a good movie..

my face when ever i see couples making out
    sad_face.jpg

I'm probably very sure it curves more than that. Seriously need a partner

• Advertisement
Advertisement