Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So I'm going to Billy Connolly's show in Limerick tonight. And I've just been reading up on this "incident" (if you could even call it that) in Killarney. (link)

Am I the only that doesn't get the furoré?

I mean sure, it was a bit mean, but calls for boycotts in the Dáil? Really Michael Healy Rae? Really?

My favourite headline was this though:

(Source)

which completely ignores the fact that the shows have (or at least the Limerick show has) been sold out for weeks/months. :P

Evidently that Lad Mick hasn't heard of/seen Frankie Boyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I absolutely love how I now relate Radio Gaga with GTA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

by the looks of the trailers the soundtrack is actually gonna be good.
    that was my biggest letdown for four. the soundtrack was shocking and the way it was implemented was awful to. everytime i switched to tuff gong badder den dem was playing. the radio stations didn't play through when you werent listening. always the same song on every station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I dont know why i let my heart bleed for this country and the monkeys that run it.

It always kills me when i see other nations thriving and then i drive around Dublin and see all these prime locations of plans ready for development that will never come. it also amazes me still in recession how greedy Bodies(Companies) are. They have money coming in. but are somehow broke to develop and progress to greatness.

Im going to sit here and wade in sorrow wondering how one person can still go wrong while they should be learning to not be dependent on others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

All the hours in the day and everyone in my place is now cooking at the one time :D

Palytoxin wrote: »
    All the hours in the day and everyone in my place is now cooking at the one time :D

Theres not enough hours in the day.

Any of ye watch How to Cheat in the Leaving Certificate when ye were doing the LC?

Failure in your Leaving Certificate, means failure for the rest of your lives..... :pac: Yes :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    Theres not enough hours in the day.

Any of ye watch How to Cheat in the Leaving Certificate when ye were doing the LC?

Failure in your Leaving Certificate, means failure for the rest of your lives..... :pac: Yes :confused:

I first discovered that film the night before I got my results. Since then, I've made a tradition of watching it on the night before LC results are out every year.

I don't really know why I do that...

It's an alright film though IMO.

When should one leave C&H ?

I'm having another one of those usual debates people have about life and growing up and sh t . Like since coming here some time around 09 I've seen lot of people come and go old faces reappear. Many boardies finding new homes amoungst our city of threads. And seems a new wave of LCers are moving into the neighbourhood. I guess one can only stay young for so long before my cool generation grows up. C&H is certainly a virtual home for me. But I need to branch out into other hoods and something is stopping me.

When should one leave C&H ?

I'm having another one of those usual debates people have about life and growing up and sh t . Like since coming here some time around 09 I've seen lot of people come and go old faces reappear. Many boardies finding new homes amoungst our city of threads. And seems a new wave of LCers are moving into the neighbourhood. I guess one can only stay young for so long before my cool generation grows up. C&H is certainly a virtual home for me. But I need to branch out into other hoods and something is stopping me.

37666893.jpg

:P

In seriousness though, IMO as long as you still enjoy posting in a forum then you never have to leave. If it gets to a stage where you don't like or identify with any of the regulars, then it's time to go. Otherwise:

♫ We'll all stay young forevvvverrrrr! ♫

I didn't really post on Boards at all until I started posting on C&H, so if I was to stop I dunno where I'd even go to post. After Hours? *Shudder*

It's like the 4chan of boards :pac:

• Advertisement

I didn't really post on Boards at all until I started posting on C&H, so if I was to stop I dunno where I'd even go to post. After Hours? *Shudder*

It's like the 4chan of boards :pac:

Thats my problem. Where the hell does one go if they were to walk out the door :pac:
    bf9f53e5cd10bf37d470f7106c39f4f7752b7d15.jpg

One of those doors leads to the corridor characterless-corridors.jpg

The other leads to AH third-thursday-banner.jpg

Although i picture it more like this :pac:

The other one leads to your new home
    modern-beach-house-with-white-exterior-paint-1.jpg

Do we have or need some sort of teen dating section amoungst ourselves.

I seriously wondering am I watching too many American films but I'm guessing reality is not that easy to get a girlfriend . I don't really have the friends to go out to the bar with. Work mates are all female and you can't really ............

Do we have or need some sort of teen dating section amoungst ourselves.

I seriously wondering am I watching too many American films but I'm guessing reality is not that easy to get a girlfriend . I don't really have the friends to go out to the bar with. Work mates are all female and you can't really ............

Flirtar is your friend.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1312

Not really, it's a f*cking weird place but it makes me laugh. :)

Sub-forum of the cuckoo's nest, what do you expect!

Flirtar is your friend.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1312

Not really, it's a f*cking weird place but it makes me laugh. :)

Sub-forum of the cuckoo's nest, what do you expect!

Been there didn't get on with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

After two months of living of currys and stir frys i'm making an attempt at my first "mammy" dinner. roasties and a chicken in the oven. i feel so grown up.

EDIT: Success! My roasties came out crispy and brown. My attempt at being fsncy with the chicken by making a curry/chilli powder butter marinade worked and it turned out lovely and my carrots were just the right blend of crunchy/soft.

mammy ain't got nothing on me!

Good afternoon

Good afternoon Joe

How is everyone in C&H this Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Good afternoon

Good afternoon Joe

How is everyone in C&H this Saturday

The pure and simple fact that it's sunny makes me so happy. :D

The pure and simple fact that it's sunny makes me so happy. :D

Its sunny? Oh so it is... I got caught in a thunder shower over in Donamede. What a god awful name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

After two months of living of currys and stir frys i'm making an attempt at my first "mammy" dinner. roasties and a chicken in the oven. i feel so grown up.

EDIT: Success! My roasties came out crispy and brown. My attempt at being fsncy with the chicken by making a curry/chilli powder butter marinade worked and it turned out lovely and my carrots were just the right blend of crunchy/soft.

mammy ain't got nothing on me!

I make a savage mammy dinner, way better than my Ma's

• Advertisement

My mother cooks a better dinner than all of your mothers, how about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I cook a better dinner than all your mother's combined.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I cook a better dinner than all your mother's combined.
    Lies! Nobody will believe you're better than my mammy tbh

I bet Pigwidgeon can't even make toast.

Her entire persona on boards is a lie!

Cook-off?

I'll actually cook something after the exams just to beat everybody else, I'm that competitive. And I'm deadly serious.

I make the Best mashed Potato. Eat That! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Who told you?

>. >

Thought so, nobody wants to face me in a cook-off, ye're right too.

Thought so, nobody wants to face me in a cook-off, ye're right too.

I'll take you on!

Fajitas and curry count as meals right?

I'll take you on!

Fajitas and curry count as meals right?
    Food is food, you're on!

Food is food, you're on!

Right!

Now you, GO STUDY SO YOU'RE NOT STUDYING FOR REPEATS INSTEAD OF LOSING TO ME IN A COOK-OFF! :P

• Advertisement

Right!

Now you, GO STUDY SO YOU'RE NOT STUDYING FOR REPEATS INSTEAD OF LOSING TO ME IN A COOK-OFF! :P
    Well said!

Day 1 watching G.O.T
    it better be as good as it is made out to be. Walking Dead just crashed .

Had a good day at work. hopefully it stays that way.

But basically our procedure is ,
    "Hi, Welcome to (Airline), My name is .... and i'll be checkin you in today". and their so confused because they dont know what has just happened.

but i love the end because you have someone with you for a few minutes and you get talking to them and at the end i always say
    " Have a good holiday or have a good trip" Their response is so automatic "and you too" Im like i dont get a holiday, just makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I haven't posted in here for a while...

Went to bed about 3 just woke up. I feel like I'm in home alone. The silence is eary no tv on just the sound of clocks ticking

Went to bed about 3 just woke up. I feel like I'm in home alone. The silence is eary no tv on just the sound of clocks ticking

Just watched this and all i could thing was will he manage to get laid if so... Hangouts is a miracle worker :pac:

This is totally random but we are just amazing as humans able to produce life from nothing(ok well something as its passed down the line)

Gods bless youtube ha ha. Makes for a great sex ed video or biology. Can't wait(Well i can) to decide someday im ready to create life. hope the mini me's are as interested and curious as me about the world around us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Hello. I have my first ever job interview on Friday in Supervalu and I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what type of questions I'll be asked? I'm in 5th year with no previous experience, etc.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Hello. I have my first ever job interview on Friday in Supervalu and I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what type of questions I'll be asked? I'm in 5th year with no previous experience, etc.

Read over your CV.
    Ive never worked in retail but usual questions are,
    • what are you good at?
    • Can you work as part of a team?
    • can you handle pressure?
    • what would you do in X situation ?
    • are you flexible?

learn abit out the company and look smart. Dont forget you love the customer, and are willing to help and you work on your own initiative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

On top of what Jhcx just said

They like to ask for examples of teamwork, at least in interviews I've attended they asked it. Be confident, but not so much to come off arrogant! Try show initiative and such. You'll be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I happen to be an employee of this great enterprise, I dunno if they use the same questions across the country but mine were stuff like 'What would you do if someone asked you where something was and you didn't know?'...common sense stuff really, nothing abstract. Just be friendly and stuff, where I work an interview generally means 'Welcome aboard' but I can't speak for every store but hopefully!

Slow Show wrote: »
    I happen to be an employee of this great enterprise, I dunno if they use the same questions across the country but mine were stuff like 'What would you do if someone asked you where something was and you didn't know?'...common sense stuff really, nothing abstract. Just be friendly and stuff, where I work an interview generally means 'Welcome aboard' but I can't speak for every store but hopefully!

What answer did you give for that? :o

Thanks for the help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

What answer did you give for that? :o

Thanks for the help. :)

I said I'd ask someone who would know the answer, really it's all common sense, no need to worry.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I just got a job in a Supervalu, and the interview seemed to be set questions so hooopefully this will help! I think getting the interview is the hard part though so don't be worried! Hope you see this in time, too!

The questions they asked me (from the top of my head) were -
    - Tell me about your educational history

- Tell me about your work experience (only being in 5th year is a perfectly understandable reason not to have any work experience, but if you can think of something like 'I worked in the school tuck shop' it might sound a bit nicer than just saying 'nothing' :P

- Hobbies (that's a nice one :) Don't forget to mention C&H!! :P)

- What do you know about this particular Supervalu (I didn't really know anything so I just mentioned that there was a Dunnes and a Tesco nearby so it's really competitive... Maybe know owns it and if they own another Supervalu elsewhere or something!)

- How would you deal with a difficult customer - I think I said something about trying to facilitate them as best you can, and possibly being able to reach a compromise, although sometimes you can't give way (like someone trying to buy too much paracetamol or selling drink to someone young without ID), and that I'd try to solve it myself but if I can't I'd escalate it to the manager or whatever...

After that she just asked housekeeping stuff like when I'd be available to start (sooner the better, I guess), if I had holidays planned, if she could contact my referees, and so on - nothing that needs preparation!

Let us know how it goes :D

Slow Show wrote: »

My life :(

I just got a job in a Supervalu, and the interview seemed to be set questions so hooopefully this will help! I think getting the interview is the hard part though so don't be worried! Hope you see this in time, too!

The questions they asked me (from the top of my head) were -
    - Tell me about your educational history

- Tell me about your work experience (only being in 5th year is a perfectly understandable reason not to have any work experience, but if you can think of something like 'I worked in the school tuck shop' it might sound a bit nicer than just saying 'nothing' :P

- Hobbies (that's a nice one :) Don't forget to mention C&H!! :P)

- What do you know about this particular Supervalu (I didn't really know anything so I just mentioned that there was a Dunnes and a Tesco nearby so it's really competitive... Maybe know owns it and if they own another Supervalu elsewhere or something!)

- How would you deal with a difficult customer - I think I said something about trying to facilitate them as best you can, and possibly being able to reach a compromise, although sometimes you can't give way (like someone trying to buy too much paracetamol or selling drink to someone young without ID), and that I'd try to solve it myself but if I can't I'd escalate it to the manager or whatever...

After that she just asked housekeeping stuff like when I'd be available to start (sooner the better, I guess), if I had holidays planned, if she could contact my referees, and so on - nothing that needs preparation!

Let us know how it goes :D

Thanks for the help, really appreciate that! Going down in a few hours.

Just one quick question if anyone sees this, not too important though. Should I wear a tracksuit pants and a t-shirt, which is how I would normally dress, or should I wear jeans and a t-shirt?

Just one quick question if anyone sees this, not too important though. Should I wear a tracksuit pants and a t-shirt, which is how I would normally dress, or should I wear jeans and a t-shirt?

:eek: Thats a no in any job interview. even for the bin man. NO NO NO :pac:

Best of luck in your interview

Throw on the jeans I'd say :) And a tshirt or a casual shirt will do the trick :)

• Advertisement

Throw on the jeans I'd say :) And a tshirt or a casual shirt will do the trick :)

jeans and a shirt might go a little better. You dont want to give the wrong impression that you dont give 2 tosses about your job even if its only for the local shop.

Advertisement