Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I don't know if I'm too late but ALWAYS always always wear pretty formal clothes to an interview, you come off much better being over dressed as opposed to under dressed. I would never ever wear tracksuit or jeans to an interview. You can get slacks for around a tenner in penneys or dunnes, I would say at the very least wear slacks and a shirt. You're trying to sell yourself, dress formally for it, it doesn't matter if you're interviewing for a supervalu job, a binman, or a managerial role, first impressions last a lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

They always say you should dress for the interview how you would dress at the job, so if its an office job wear a suit, if its retail or waiting trousers and shirt, and if the dress code is casual don't over dress. But even if they're very casual don't wear a track suit, it will just look like you do't give a fuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Just watched two documentaries and now deciding to go to bed first was worms under the skin yuck! Second was wolf spider. Dafuq ? Why do I watch this sh t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Walking home from work at 5am this morning passing the ticketmaster agents.
    bout 50 people camped outside it queuing for One Direction. According to one of the lads in work they were queuing when he started work at 5pm.
    Madness.
    I can't understand that level of devotion to any group.
    If Strummer rose from the dead and The Clash reformed for a one off gig then maybe I might grab my chair and a blanket but to Queue for 16 hours in the cold for a few tickets is nuts.
    I'm just laughing at the thought of the tickets running out. Imagine queuing for that length of time and then finally get to the door and there's no tickets left. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm too late but ALWAYS always always wear pretty formal clothes to an interview, you come off much better being over dressed as opposed to under dressed. I would never ever wear tracksuit or jeans to an interview.

This is very good advice. I really don't like wearing suits or dressing up formally, but for an interview it's very important. It means that from the very first time you and your potential employer meet, they know you are prepared to make an effort - it distinguishes you (along with how you prep for an interview) as a husk of a human, rent from its life-force, summoned by the Harvester of Sorrow as his scythe chimes through the chaff of your dreams . The marrow of his fingers: purling, worming things through which spill gilded whispers of joy and opulence, bewitching you - while he suckles and gnaws at the barren, masticated teat of your dignity.

• Advertisement

Not a bad song. So today is Sanday :pac: heres a song to share.

Milky Chance - Down by the River Hosted Via SoundCloud

^^^
    Wow.

went to the shop earlier to get ingredients to make a sweet and sour chicken. got home got hit with a wave of apathy.

beans on toast it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

This is very good advice. I really don't like wearing suits or dressing up formally, but for an interview it's very important. It means that from the very first time you and your potential employer meet, they know you are prepared to make an effort - it distinguishes you (along with how you prep for an interview) as a husk of a human, rent from its life-force, summoned by the Harvester of Sorrow as his scythe chimes through the chaff of your dreams . The marrow of his fingers: purling, worming things through which spill gilded whispers of joy and opulence, bewitching you - while he suckles and gnaws at the barren, masticated teat of your dignity.

That escalated...strangely. :pac:

Is anyone heading to electric picnic or any of the summer festivals.?
    big C and h tent circle would be epic.

My dreams are getting weirder every night

• Advertisement

I have a ticket to E.P. Dunno if I'm goin yet though as mate I was meant to be going with still hasn't got his ticket and it's looking like he may not at all :(

C&H tent circle would be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Im going to EP!

talking to my cousin on fb. he's talking about his summer plans going on about his college gf. theyll be long distance for the summer. it's hard to not be honest and depress him.

My Adblock Plus just broke... :( so i've had to install AdBlock

A few people seem to be stalking my Facebook.... i wonder should i be worried or is it because im so sexy. :pac: like after all its all been girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Jhcx wrote: »
    My Adblock Plus just broke... :( so i've had to install AdBlock

A few people seem to be stalking my Facebook.... i wonder should i be worried or is it because im so sexy. :pac: like after all its all been girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I'm a sucker for girls who can sing.

*Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm a sucker for girls who can sing.

*Sigh

There is something about them isn't there... :o

Fix You by Coldplay the only song that will have tears streaming down you're face from the first few seconds it begins.

Fix You by Coldplay the only song that will have tears streaming down you're face from the first few seconds it begins.

Poets of the Fall - Beautiful Ones has the same affect on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Jaysus they can't be that funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

I know Coldplay are bad but crying when you hear them's a bit extreme.

I never really understand the hate that Coldplay get.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

They are bad and you should feel bad for not realising that they are not bad.....bad :P

Ah no, I don't actually know, I personally don't like them but to each their own.

Went back home to tipp for a night on friday. went to carrick was going on a session with the lads i used work with.

I missed this by a few hours
    Anyone remember chris doran.? from eurovision to being arrested by the armed response unit. haha. only in carrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

A heart-warming story about a goldfish:

My uncle got a goldfish about 10 years ago for his 40th birthday, it was named Deckie after himself. The other day my uncle arrives home and Deckie's floating on top of the water with his head lolling. Anybody else would have just sent him to the Sewer Beyond, the fish was ancient, but my uncle tried to save him by changing the water in the bowl. He then proceeded to lift Deckie out by the tail and give it the fishy-equivalent of chest compressions by flicking him repeatedly. Deckie came back to life and has been swimming happily in his bowl ever since :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

A heart-warming story about a goldfish:

My uncle got a goldfish about 10 years ago for his 40th birthday, it was named Deckie after himself. The other day my uncle arrives home and Deckie's floating on top of the water with his head lolling. Anybody else would have just sent him to the Sewer Beyond, the fish was ancient, but my uncle tried to save him by changing the water in the bowl. He then proceeded to lift Deckie out by the tail and give it the fishy-equivalent of chest compressions by flicking him repeatedly. Deckie came back to life and has been swimming happily in his bowl ever since :D

I'm not gunna lie, this has made my day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I'm not gunna lie, this has made my day :D

Only my family would try and resuscitate a 10 year old goldfish :pac:

Also, today the family went to Tayto Park to give me some peace to study. Somehow somebody (I can only assume my brother) took a photo of 2 rabbits engaged in...leporine recreation, the way I'll put it. It's been a strange week for us as far as animals are concerned :P

I can't believe how gorgeous out it is. It's unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

On a serious note, the first two albums were properly good. But that song Paradise is the apogee of saccharine hideousness.

• Advertisement

B-EA-UTIFUL doesnt even begin to describe today

This was it was like at midday at Portmarnock(AKA - Riot Beach)

8948969048_e34beb9513.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Got a funny text that Im nearly 100% sure wasnt for me, saying this is it we've gone through the years etc etc and hopefully a certian poet comes up and we're gonna do some knacker drinking by the end of it etc etc
    But like I barely talk to this person.. Im not in their school.
    Still though, it's nice to feel included :pac:

I think I may have come to a decision about what to do with my life. It's scary and I don't know if it is the right one but I think I've made it. It would seem that college is not for me, but at least this time I will have a certificate this time, I've found what I love doing, I just don't think college is the way for me to get where I want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Went back home to tipp for a night on friday. went to carrick was going on a session with the lads i used work with.

I missed this by a few hours
    Anyone remember chris doran.? from eurovision to being arrested by the armed response unit. haha. only in carrick.

I remember him. Just was wondering about him the time of the Eurovision this year. Even the name Ryan Dolan sounds like Chris Doran! So I guess this reminded me!

What was he doing in Carrick I did not hear. He was a good singer, above average among Ireland's recent Eurovision entrants but like most of them, finished poorly. He came second last, which was considered bad at the time in 2004 (in the future, we'd be last and often not even selected from the semi finals). Since the Eurovision, he released 2 other hit singles and a hit album in 2004 and had a minor hit a few years afterwards but in recent years has not been heard tell of until this unfortunate event.

Didnt know we had a self pic thread.... Well i probably did just forgot all about it..

Also we need 2 kinds of buttons in here. Milkybar and cookies.
    Na we need a like button and keep the thanks button. both very important depending on the post. thats my 2cents for today. now im off to continue to try and remain looking sexy.. and find female companions .....soul searching. Yup thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I've decided I'm going to run in the Dublin Marathon because.
    :D

• Advertisement

I've decided I'm going to run in the Dublin Marathon because.
    :D

There's another one on?

been getting one of the filipino guys at work to teach me some phrases.

he's filled me with swear words and filipino sexual innuendo.
    so now when the drunks annoy me at work on a saturday i can curse them out without them realising.
    Such power.

the filipino i love you is quite sweet too.

Lads, quite possibly the ****test question ever but does it ever cause a problem when someones hair is a different colour in their ID pic as opposed to their hair colour at the time?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lads, quite possibly the ****test question ever but does it ever cause a problem when someones hair is a different colour in their ID pic as opposed to their hair colour at the time?

Not that I'm aware of. Unless you look dramatically different they may ask for a second ID as backup.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware of. Unless you look dramatically different they may ask for a second ID as backup.

Hmm see I dont have a 2nd ID.. But the pic was only taken a few weeks ago so surely.. Altho I look a bit dead in my picture.

I think Im just a chronic worrier :P Thanks tho!

• Advertisement

Ah you should be fine, like I've seen people show their bank cards and stuff with their name on it as backup. If it's recent though you don't have anything to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Overpacking by bringing 90% my summer clothes on holiday because it's probably the last opportunity I'll get to wear them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

deise_girl wrote: »

Not quite the same thing but my sis uses my id and Im dark-haired and she's blonde and she still gets in :D

When will girls realise that 9/10 times they won't need ID? And out of the 1/10 times they do, 9/10 it won't matter either way?

Silly females.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I'm eating two punnets of raspberries and half a litre of Greek style yogurt and this is everything I've ever wanted to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

I'm eating two punnets of raspberries and half a litre of Greek style yogurt and this is everything I've ever wanted to be!

Shame it's (probably) lashing rain.. :D

Something i just noticed.

My Music interests are like this

Solo singers - mainly female singers
    Bands - Mainly male bands possibly split 50/50
    DJ's(Trance,Techno,House,Dub-step) - Male Dominated tunes, Female vocals

Something i just noticed as well looking through DJmag.com top 100 DJ's i only spotted 1 female DJ their Twin sisters. Seems a very male dominated environment. Like is music producing not really pushed to females or have they just little interest for it. That they would prefer to be on vocals instead?

What got me thinking was Dash Berlin. Never knew who they were and ive liked them for a few years now. Turns out its a a few guys from Dutch Area*. Yet i always thought was a female cause most of their videos and vocals are contain/from females

I find it incredibly amusing that when I typed in $60 into google to convert it to euro, this was the top search term:

258584.JPG

I find it incredibly amusing that when I typed in $60 into google to convert it to euro, this was the top search term:

Forgot to start with convert. Although probably would be "convert 60grams of heroine" or something like that

Forgot to start with convert. Although probably would be "convert 60grams of heroine" or something like that

I type "$60 in euro" and it works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement