Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So im still alive, open account and not site banned then? Theres a relief

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Chinpool wrote: »

Yea soon we'll form the minority :/

deise_girl wrote: »

Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Well you did get a name change so you don't count anymore. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Its not an argh its not a Yeah its not even an in between Den moment but the Den is the only place..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Banned
    Well, nothing like backseat modding against a mod.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was it you or Soccy I threatened to ban for using multi-coloured fonts in posts? :D

Was it you or Soccy I threatened to ban for using multi-coloured fonts in posts? :D

It was me!! :(
    And I wouldnt mind but I was genuinely doing it innocently :( I liked colours and was trying to find a colour that people could agree on wasnt too hard to read but created huge havoc in the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I met a friend today and he offered me some chewing gum. It was bubble gum flavoured. I didn't understand.

• Advertisement

And I wouldnt mind but I was genuinely doing it innocently :( I liked colours and was trying to find a colour that people could agree on wasnt too hard to read but created huge havoc in the process

It saddens me that I missed that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry! :o
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It saddens me that I missed that.

Don't you start! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Don't you start! :P

Whatcha gonna do about it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ban that mod!!

Sidenote, Mr Wnolan, you got an OUYA didn't you? What's it like?

Whatcha gonna do about it? :pac:

Banned!

Christ, it takes ages to do that. :(

lamanengine, yeah I got one. It's... OK I guess. It's a nice box, nice enough (if a bit cheap feeling) controller, some really good games, some sideloaded apps work great.

It has problems though, lack of games on the market being one major one. It's also very lacking in the way of native apps, only has 6GB internal storage so if you want to get a big game you'll need an external drive, interface is lacking in parts.

But games and apps are (reportedly) coming, and bugs and stuff can be fixed. So on the whole I like it. I think if you have $100 to spare it's a nice thing to have to mess around with, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a "must have" device just yet.

Is Burning Man a NSFW event....

Also dafuq WN92 you have me baffled on your seriousness for one of the best threads.... in a critical time. Although my critical time can vary from 10minutes to infinity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Yeah WN92! :mad:

Soz guiiiz. xoxox

<3 yhoo all rely <3<3

Not being bad here, but friend just posted a crash that happened last night in her home town of cork. awful sad as always and even though i didnt know them i send my respect anyway.

But im just thinking there on several occasions i have had near miss accidents with other drivers and pedestrians in last few weeks. one with a near head on collision with the Gardai and one when a pedestrian stupidly crossed a main road busy main road not at a junction or anything and decided to stand right in front of me instead of continuing to run across i had to swerve past them.

Doing 50kmh they would have been seriously injured if not killed and im thinking i dont know how the hell i would be able to live with myself knowing i managed to kill someone. how do you even begin to contemplate such an event?

I was only reading this yesterday: http://www.thebigroundtable.com/stories/crash/

Food for thought alright.

D'you've(lawl some word) to be 21 to buy alcohol in supermarkets or whats the craic there?

• Advertisement

D'you've(lawl some word) to be 21 to buy alcohol in supermarkets or whats the craic there?

If your lucky to look under 25 we will ask for id so don't worry if we ask.

No is the answer. Bought some in Tesco the otherday

Jhcx wrote: »
    If your lucky to look under 25 we will ask for id so don't worry if we ask.

No is the answer. Bought some in Tesco the otherday

I dont get that.. If youre lucky enough to look under 25? Why wouldnt it be if you look under 18 we'll ask? :confused:

But thanks x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

So was in bed last night listening to some podcast about 4 am. through the noise in the speakers I can hear a noise from outside my window. "bap bap bap bap bap"
    Thinking to myself "what the fonk is that?!"
    go to the window to lookout thinkin maybe tis a bird or something tapping something.
    It wasn't.
    no siree.
    glance out the window on the the next door balcony on the floor below is a couple "enjoying the cool night air" so to speak.
    quite a surreal moment.
    fun fact : headphones are quite innefectual at blocking out those noises

I dont get that.. If youre lucky enough to look under 25? Why wouldnt it be if you look under 18 we'll ask? :confused:

But thanks x

I know considering the law is 18. But I guess even at 23 up could still look under 18. Some are blessed ha ha. Then again even at 33 can still pretend to be 16 lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Weather, if it stays below 30 degrees I'll appreciate it.

Then again even at 33 can still pretend to be 16 lol.

O__o

O__o

You know Yer man from that Disney programme had to face of a child

You know Yer man from that Disney programme had to face of a child

Bahahahahahaha Jackson! Thats actually ridiculous tho :L

was on the waterford-limerick bus today and there was someone on it listening to a walkman, did not realise they were even still in production. first time i've seen a cassette tape in yonks. waterford is still stuck in the mid nineties it seems. the poor innocent deises!

was on the waterford-limerick bus today and there was someone on it listening to a walkman, did not realise they were even still in production. first time i've seen a cassette tape in yonks. waterford is still stuck in the mid nineties it seems. the poor innocent deise's!

Don't you DARE knock cassettes! Kids of today are missing out tbh, they'll never know the joy of hitting stop on the tape just before the DJ started talking.

These days if they want a playlist of tracks all they have to do is go into iTunes and right click, back in my day you sat with your fingers hovering over the play+record buttons during the weekly chart show on Today FM waiting for the song you wanted, and if you missed it? Tough ****, wait till next week!

Simpler times... /looks wistfully into the distance

• Advertisement

Don't you DARE knock cassettes! Kids of today are missing out tbh, they'll never know the joy of hitting stop on the tape just before the DJ started talking.

These days if they want a playlist of tracks all they have to do is go into iTunes and right click, back in my day you sat with your fingers hovering over the play+record buttons during the weekly chart show on Today FM waiting for the song you wanted, and if you missed it? Tough ****, wait till next week!

Simpler times... /looks wistfully into the distance

you obviously never suffered the trauma of having the tape unravel and not having any pens lying around!. (wonder how many c+h'ers are too young for that reference)

you obviously never suffered the trauma of having the tape unravel and not having any pens lying around!. (wonder how many c+h'ers are too young for that reference)

I remember that as a 3yr old. You learn quickly to use anything when Thomas the tank is in jeopardy o being destroyed

And making a mix tape actually took longer then the tape length.
    Pick 1 track record
    Pick another record
    record
    record
    recordrecordrecord >_O

Meh. I could do that with my pinkie finger, back in the day.

Lads im just gonna put it out there. We grew up in a great era

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Lads im just gonna put it out there. We grew up in a great era

Even if you merely judge it on a television standard. TV for kid's today is pot.

Even if you merely judge it on a television standard. TV for kid's today is pot.

You can trace the decline of kids' TV to Teletubbies. I swear, everything after that was complete crap.

You can trace the decline of kids' TV to Teletubbies. I swear, everything after that was complete crap.

The fact that that there is no longer Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Animals of Farthing Woods beginning at six am is a tragedy imo.

The fact that that there is no longer Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Animals of Farthing Woods beginning at six am is a tragedy imo.

New turtles is awesome tbh

• Advertisement

I always mix up The Animals of Farthing Wood and Noah's Island. They both used be on at like 7am on the Den IIRC.

I always mix up The Animals of Farthing Wood and Noah's Island. They both used be on at like 7am on the Den IIRC.

I know, I got up at six to watch Power Rangers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I know, I got up at six to watch Power Rangers :P

David the Gnome <3

Dude...Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles are still around.

And if you think new children's shows are cack, clearly you're missing out on this gem.

regular-show-logo.png

In short...

David the Gnome <3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3lU8PIaz_9Ewt-Aqgx3SVt8mDEJg1PL4PBVdFZbxywjuAwAKELVbyI-qO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

And if you think new children's shows are cack, clearly you're missing out on this gem.

[adventure time]

[adventure time]
    First person to mention My Little Pony gets a swift kick up the bum.

• Advertisement

kids television is great these days.
    adventure time.
    chowder.
    phineas and ferb.
    regular show.
    amazing world of gumball
    gravity falls

if these are on i'll sit with my little brother and watch them with him way better than the shows that were aimed at my sister when she was little

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Still though, in comparison to these....

First person to mention My Little Pony gets a swift kick up the bum.

So does that mean you're the first person. After all the two words are in you're post ha ha.

(One prepares their foot)

So does that mean you're the first person. After all the two words are in you're post ha ha.

(One prepares their foot)
    BRING IT ON!

The_Simpsons_Bart_Vs_Australia_1995_5.jpg

So finally finished prison Break.
    Totally fcking gutted at the ending
    . Not even interested anymore in watching Tv. I woke up this morning thinking the world was ending.. Yep i was right! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement