Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Adventure Time never ever fails in making me laugh like a maniac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I always mix up The Animals of Farthing Wood and Noah's Island. They both used be on at like 7am on the Den IIRC.
    Just had a big discussion about Animals of Farthing Wood and Noah's Island with my friends the other week!
    We came to the conclusion that Farthing Wood was really dark; burtal and frequent deaths, racism, I think bagder had dementia. I don't think they'd get away with showing that to kids now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lawliet wrote: »
    Just had a big discussion about Animals of Farthing Wood and Noah's Island with my friends the other week!
    We came to the conclusion that Farthing Wood was really dark; burtal and frequent deaths, racism, I think bagder had dementia. I don't think they'd get away with showing that to kids now

I used watch it every so often on tv, I was born in 95 so I musta seen the end of it before it was taken off tv but I remember my mam watching it with me and she couldnt even watch the end of it but I was sitting there(like the eejity child I was :L).. Just googling it now and wow.. That show was tough going definitely nothing light hearted about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jesus... I started reading about and watching clips...

:(

There's a lot to be said for shows like this though. Like, maybe there are shows with more mature themes in them these days, but all I see when I randomly flick throough the kids channels now is happy, lovey-dovey, "Everything'll be OK if we just stick together and be friends!" drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I actually watched "The Animals of Farthing Wood" fairly regularly up until like 2 years ago. :oWas "Noah's Island" the show with the mammoths and there was also a long nosed mouse animal who would go "Oisky Poisky!"? If so that was the best show ever.

noahsisland_zpsde088840.jpg

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Jesus... I started reading about and watching clips...

:(

There's a lot to be said for shows like this though. Like, maybe there are shows with more mature themes in them these days, but all I see when I randomly flick throough the kids channels now is happy, lovey-dovey, "Everything'll be OK if we just stick together and be friends!" drivel.
    Anyone remember the time when that one field mouse gave birth?

124714.jpg?v=1

Only for this to happen to the babies not too long after.

124715_v1.jpg

Yup. This show had balls.

Awww lads so awks, was buying drink in a supermarket and your woman starts out by laughing at me then I hand her my age card which silences her laughter but then asks me for another form of ID, which luckily I did have my passport with me coz Im a bit psycho and incase I lost my card or something for some reason. Then she finally agrees to sell me the drink but is laughing again.
    Its a hard life and I didnt think I even looked 14 :(

deise_girl wrote: »
    Awww lads so awks, was buying drink in a supermarket and your woman starts out by laughing at me then I hand her my age card which silences her laughter but then asks me for another form of ID, which luckily I did have my passport with me coz Im a bit psycho and incase I lost my card or something for some reason. Then she finally agrees to sell me the drink but is laughing again.

Savour this feeling. One of the best feelings you can have in a shop is actually being able to produce ID when asked. :)

Then you get old and disheveled and they don't ask any more. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deise_girl wrote: »

Wait until youre offended they dont ask you for ID :pac:

Chinpool wrote: »
    Wait until youre offended they dont ask you for ID :pac:

Which either happens because you look like a haggard aged person, or because you've been frequenting the place just a little too often...

Alas, I have experienced both... :( :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Speaking of i.d's is there anything worse than arriving to a club i.d in hand only to have the bouncers tell you with glee "sorry buddy, it's 21's"

or the even more loathsome 23's (i'm calling you out nancy blake's)

Speaking of i.d's is there anything worse than arriving to a club i.d in hand only to have the bouncers tell you with glee "sorry buddy, it's 21's"

at 19/20 they are sometimes lenient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Which either happens because you look like a haggard aged person, or because you've been frequenting the place just a little too often...

Alas, I have experienced both... :( :P

Usually just hobo style for me

For all the girls who take about 7days to get ready just to go out. This is how to sped up getting ready by 90%

How to do your make up and wop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It's not that great in there!
    (I'm 21 and never get stopped ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Jhcx wrote: »
    For all the girls who take about 7days to get ready just to go out. This is how to sped up getting ready by 90%

16hrs and 48 minutes still seems a bit long!

I think it was either St. Patrick's Day or Arthur's Day one year when Angel Lane's (not my choice to go there, believe me) bouncers decided it was "Over 19's". :rolleyes:

Loosely translated: "We don't need your business here. F*ck off."

TBH, the "Sorry, not tonight." is far less annoying.

16hrs and 48 minutes still seems a bit long!

The song is only 3minutea 50seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

The song is only 3minutea 50seconds.

Was referring to that. I hope my maths were ok.

• Advertisement

Well Id be a bit creeped tbh if I wasnt asked for ID, freshly turned 18yr old I dont want to look like an old person :(
    But to be asked for 2 forms was pushing it I thought :L Like I dont look thattttttt young!! But yea, sauntering in for free as an U16 at matches so its not all bad <3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

At least Nancy's are consistent like that! They've pretty much always been Over 23s. There's a little sign inside the front door (to the old man pub section of the premises) that backs it up.

As SarahBeep! said though, it's really not that great. Lots of creepy men. And a few creepy women too! :eek:

At least Nancy's are consistent like that! They've pretty much always been Over 23s. There's a little sign inside the front door (to the old man pub section of the premises) that backs it up.

As SarahBeep! said though, it's really not that great. Lots of creepy men. And a few creepy women too! :eek:

I only get in coz I know a lad on the door. (Not our cousin IO :P ) and he knows I'm not trouble like. Tbh it's always overfilled and full of Middle Ages creeps, men and women!!

tis the principle,

So I found out that I'm possibly a 16th german.

Always knew there was a small part of me with genocidal tendencies, now i know why!

So I found out that I'm possibly a 16th german.

Always knew there was a small part of me with genocidal tendencies, now i know why!

Da hell you say you are? Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

You don't have to go too far back until your calculated number of direct ancestors around a certain time is larger than the world population at that time.

You inbred.

Davidius wrote: »
    You don't have to go too far back until your calculated number of direct ancestors around a certain time is larger than the world population at that time.

You inbred.

Bit random. As far as I can tell I'm English born my parents born there, their parents are Irish born whos parents are Indian born who's parents are English born who's parents are Irish born who's parents cane from Spain or somewhere. I'm still trying to figure out my love affair for German stuff. We have German relatives but I don't know when they moved there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My great great uncle fought in the 1916 rising and ended up in prison for it, I guess you could say I'm pretty irish.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    My great great uncle fought in the 1916 rising and ended up in prison for it, I guess you could say I'm pretty irish.
    I ate nothing but potato waffles and chips as a child. I guess you could say I'm pretty Irish, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I once drank so much that I got sick down a girl's top and we both ended up crying. IN THE GAEILTACHT. I'M IRISH.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

the brits took my great grandads army pension(he was in the somme and the like) off of him because he stood outside the ruc barracks in our village shouting up the ra. totally worth it.haha

My Great Granddad was in the Ra, shot some English Army lad, and got 2 medals for it.

My Mom's in the ICA.

I win. :P

My Mom's in the ICA.

I win. :P
    And I'm gonna put you in the ICU.

I WIN! I'M MORE IRISH! NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAA-NAAAA!

PLEASE DON'T BAN ME! *cowers in fear*

well my moms in the AA.

she told me it means awesome association.

i win

I'm from Galway, I win :P

I'm from Galway, I win :P
    Galway is full of hippies. You lose.

Galway is full of hippies. You lose.

Nerdkiller eh?

Bring it on!!!

Nerdkiller eh?

Bring it on!!!
    Alright then.

simpons-wedgie.gif

Also, Scrubs is unfunny.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tá Gaeilge agam. Tá an bua agam. :cool:

• Advertisement

Tá Gaeilge agam. Tá an bua agam. :cool:
    ...¿Qué?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

My dads great uncle fought in Flanders and was hit with a mustard bomb then came back to Ireland to recover then fought in the rising and then on the opposite side of his brother in the civil war!

As far back as we can trace is Irish! My mam was born to Irish parents in Manchester though but only lived there for a few years!

Also, Scrubs is unfunny.

No. Old Scrubs is not unfunny.

All scrubs is unfunny

Damn you all.

All scrubs is unfunny
    pimp-kramer-o.gif

Question, can anyone remember there being a thread here before along the lines of 'stuff you'd tell your younger self', I had a quick scout around but I cant spot it. I'm sure I posted here before!!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Question, can anyone remember there being a thread here before along the lines of 'stuff you'd tell your younger self', I had a quick scout around but I cant spot it. I'm sure I posted here before!!

Ladies Lounge, perhaps? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68859667

You clearly have a better memory than me!! :P

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    You clearly have a better memory than me!! :P

I'm not sure now! I couldn't see your name in that thread at all. No evidence of a similar thread here either, even though something tells me there was at one stage. Weird!

Advertisement