Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Started to listen to Hollywood undead. Their actually very good. for ages i had only been listening to Bullet. and i remember first listening to that im like wtf is this sht. seriously as a first time listener you'd be puzzled . but it grew and grew more on me. and then out of the blue being the day before yesterday i decided to watch on youtube again and then it ended and i didnt know what else to listen to so i clicked lion. i enjoyed that so then cam outside. and all my feelings of what i had been feeling where suddenly on the screen in front of me. Yesterday i decided to soundcloud the sounds for on the go. and because there is no repeat button on soundcloud i had to let the songs run on and great choice it was. all there songs are so catchy and one can certainly relate emotion to the songs.

Bullet, Outside, comin in hot, Rain, Lion, Pour me, Dead in Ditches, Hear Me Now, Levitate

Versus what i normally listen to

Alchemy, Walter White

anyway moral of the story. Music is my Religion, Music is God :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Jhcx wrote: »
    Started to listen to Hollywood undead. Their actually very good. for ages i had only been listening to Bullet.

clicked on bullet heard the muted guitar and thought to myself oh this sounds happy sort of a "Train" vibe then the lyrics start. I see what they did there! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Do you ever get that thing where you think that you might like a girl but you don't know them that long so you think that it's weird for you to like them and then your not sure if you should like them or not cos you've only been with them like twice and for them it's probably just this casual thing and therefore not sure if yaaaah or arghh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Dude, go for it. What's the worst that'll happen? She says no? Nothing gained, nothing lost.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Dude, go for it. What's the worst that'll happen? She says no? Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Yeah but...jeeeeez, I'm trying to play it cool :P

This is weird for me, I wasn't expecting to like a girl for a long time after the break up!

• Advertisement

Yeah but...jeeeeez, I'm trying to play it cool :P

This is weird for me, I wasn't expecting to like a girl for a long time after the break up!

**** happens. wish i could find someone i like... my standards are high at the moment. :( . Dont judge me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Ask her to marry you.

Ask her to marry you.

You. You know the craic.

Thanks fellow boardsie bro.

If you did find the person you really love.. would you ask them to marry you?

Opinions peeps i know i wouldnt at 20

If you did find the person you really love.. would you ask them to marry you?

Opinions peeps i know i wouldnt at 20

Good God no, I don't have the maturity or sense for that kind of commitment!!

Plus I don't know if I fully believe that there is someone out there that I could happily spend my life with anymore. #Deep****

• Advertisement

I know people younger than me who are married and a few more who are engaged. Wonder how many of them will actually last. seems like such an unnecessary thing nowadays.

I know people younger than me who are married and a few more who are engaged. Wonder how many of them will actually last. seems like such an unnecessary thing nowadays.

Its not that its not right... but its not. met a friend from america. he was supposed to get married when he was 18... :eek: im like WHY?

Not engaged or married or any of that, but the boy's basically said that he wants to marry me, but we're too young and I'm still in college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Its not that its not right... but its not. met a friend from america. he was supposed to get married when he was 18... :eek: im like WHY?

Probably from a small town where they still believe in that no sex before marriage sh*t. Logical way to get laid is to marry some other poor deluded young fool.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Probably from a small town where they still believe in that no sex before marriage sh*t. Logical way to get laid is to marry some other poor deluded young fool.

Los Angeles, Cali. lol I actually asked him that the otherday. he doesnt believe in that but he gave me a long text about the whole thing Basically its too late for me to turn back the clock . :pac:

If your girlfriend can do this she's a keeper

Not to mention fine ass body

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I keep getting really excited when I think of the fact that I'll be moving to Dublin and starting college in 10 months provided everything goes as it should!

All I need to do is decide what it is I want to do....

I've more or less narrowed it down to two out of Law, German and Irish.

I can do any combination of two! But I just can't chooooose! :(

Well I'm assuming it's Law + a language you'd prefer to do as opposed to German+Irish...

TBH, as much as I love the Irish language, I'd go for German. I'd imagine it'll open up fr more opportunities than Irish would. (This is based on zero research and just a random musing)

In other news, I just used just-eat.ie for the first time. It's class. It removes the one part from ordering food that I hate - talking to people. :P

And I realise that sounds like I'm an anti-social hermit, but really it's just cool to be able to browse a menu and add/remove things from an order without the PRESSURE of HUMAN INTERACTION on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I'd love German and Irish too though :(

WHY CANT I BE ONE OF THOSE FUSSY PEOPLE WHO ONLY LIKE SOME THINGS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Maths.

• Advertisement

Unemployed Thursday week. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The last two weeks I've been on three and four day weeks in work while it's quiet. I was in work on Saturday, had sunday off, was in on monday for 3 hours for a training thing and I'm not back in until Thursday. It's nice having a break and I've caught up on sleep and am rested which is great, but jaysis I'm bored. I'm not used to having free time and genuinely don't know what to do with myself! Give me suggestions people of things to do! I can't just sit around the house all day, it seems like such a waste >.>

Do one of my many, many, MANY assignments for me?

Do my essay on gender for me?

Seriously. I study law. Why on earth do I need to write an essay about gender structure?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I did my first aseptic lab today and made injections and didn't stab myself with any needles. PLUS ONE FOR TODAY.5762305.jpg

Do my essay on gender for me?

Seriously. I study law. Why on earth do I need to write an essay about gender structure?

If it makes you feel better I did culinary arts and had to do marketing assignments, an art class, computers and many other completely irrelevant things. It was great >.>

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better I did culinary arts and had to do marketing assignments, an art class, computers and many other completely irrelevant things. It was great >.>

It makes me feel better, actually. I'm now just sitting here knitting instead of working. Yay!

could gender structure not be interesting in a law standpoint when it comes to the plight of fathers being denied access or women being paid less than men in the same position. How women get raped but men only get "assaulted"

If that was the title of the essay, it would be. Instead it's "Where a person's sex is not clear at birth, should they be forced to conform to being male or female, or do we need to recognise the existance of a third sex?” Discuss.

So it's a bit of a weird question.

• Advertisement

I see, I'd assumed they would have made it somewhat law related.
    Sociology manages to shoehorn itself into every course doesn't it.

My mother keeps on sharing those chain status'. The god is loving and great one; you know the like.
    The latest one was basically young woman walking alone late at night down an alley sees a scary looking dude ahead. Prays to god to protect her and makes it through the alley unscathe. Cue to woman reading papers next day and a different young woman got raped and murdered in that alley later that night and turns out twas the scary dude. Post then goes into the morale of the story that god protects those who ask him to protect them. all lovely and uplifting. Couldn't help but see the glaring plot hole that god didn't protect the other girl,she obviously didn't pray.

Pray to god, he'll save you
    be an atheist? Have fun getting murder/raped.
    It's like a biblical protection racket.

God is love my bottom.

worst part is my mother has told me in many kitchen table debates point blank that she believes none of it she told me I was only put through the whole catholic craic as a kid cause she didn't want the neighbours judging and gossiping. Yet every few days a new status.

If that was the title of the essay, it would be. Instead it's "Where a person's sex is not clear at birth, should they be forced to conform to being male or female, or do we need to recognise the existance of a third sex?” Discuss.

So it's a bit of a weird question.

800 words done, BOOM.

800 words done, BOOM.

Can I ban him for this? Please?

I've...135. Feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Can I ban him for this? Please?

I've...135. Feck.

20090624120658!Ban_Hammer.jpg

Use with extreme prejudice

Every mod gets one unquestioned banning per year... use it wisely.lies

• Advertisement

Nope he cant get a ban for having 800 words done when hes been drinking, smoking and kanoodling in college. that's pretty difficult to maintain. but can for using B O O M in a sentence :pac:

banhammer_forecast1.gif?w=300

Maybe I should take up drinking, smoking and canoodling...nah.

Damn it guys, trying to turn my life around and this is what I get?

Ban Hammer for the lot of you!! :pac:

TBH man, if you've 800 words of an essay done and have been out drinking, smoking and canoodling as well, your life is pretty much on track... :P

But you know we all love ya still. Isint that right everybody! gotta love Urban dictionary
    kanoodling
    Any sexual activity above the waist, including (but not limited to)cuddling, kissing, breast fondling.

• Advertisement

But you know we all love ya still. Isint that right everybody!

Totez. :)

Best. Title change. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

lads this title doesn't have "den" in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Colm! wrote: »
    lads this title doesn't have "den" in it
    Why should it? Ray D'Arcy isn't on these forums.

Heh. Now it does

Lol if you have my mind you will understand this I C D :pac:

No? I'll grab my coat

Heh. Now it does

Now there's no alliteration. :(

Damn you all and your insatiable desire to have Den in every one of the titles! DAMN YOU!

The Den its very much an american word. used to have a friend who was like lets go into the Den. Twas only the sitting room

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Now there's no alliteration. :(

Damn you all and your insatiable desire to have Den in every one of the titles! DAMN YOU!

But that's the fun part. You have to come up with some fantastic puns. That's the main part I miss about being a mod tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

also bold text

• Advertisement
Advertisement