Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ah lads, I appreciate the celebrity status and all but...really?!!

And, replace smoking with E and well, smoking weed it would be closer to the truth...but meh, I'm not particularly proud of it, I was in a bad place at the start of college, I'm past it to be honest. Twas a phase.

Well, still drinking and canoodling but that's besides the point! I'm happy. Think I've met I girl I may genuinely really like to so..yeah, thing's are cool :)

*cough* 1100 words done in Sociology :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Yes really. Its a once in a life time thing aint gonna happen again.:pac: Well yes.. i was implying weed. cause well you smoke that :pac:

Jhcx's happy all things are cool. dont become a swot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I love the title so much!!! Hon iamaengine for being a mad yoke :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Well Michael O'Leary just tweeted me...quite an odd experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Speaking of Michael O'Leary, it seems as though Ryanair just got a hell of a lot better!

I know! I'm almost looking forward to going to London next year...

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Well Michael O'Leary just tweeted me...quite an odd experience.

What's he charging you for.
    Tbh all this "NEW" Ryanair stuff is scary there's certain aspects I like about the new product such as frequent flyer miles. But people are starting to look for too much which is worrying because ivlike the way it is it works it's not broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Speaking of Michael O'Leary, it seems as though Ryanair just got a hell of a lot better!

Still treat their staff like shít, so no it hasn't.

Oodles of canoodles <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

So Cracked.com continues in its fine tradition of teaching a few facts every day.

apparently the anus is the first body part to develop from the embryo.

I find this kinda sad and kinda hilarious.

Canoodling is fun :)

(Yes, this is a "I've gotten to spend a whole day with my boyfriend, heh" post. Whut of it.)

AND I've almost got that blasted essay finished.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Canoodling is fun :)

(Yes, this is a "I've gotten to spend a whole day with my boyfriend, heh" post. Whut of it.)

AND I've almost got that blasted essay finished.

But wait...citation and bibliography?! Groan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Speaking of essays, I'll be writing two, yes TWO essays that have to be six pages long and conform to the IEEE standard (whatever that is...) over the next four weeks.

I haven't written an essay in two years, and haven't written a real essay in four years...

I SIGNED UP FOR PROGRAMMING, NOT ESSAYS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Speaking of essays, I'll be writing two, yes TWO essays that have to be six pages long and conform to the IEEE standard (whatever that is...) over the next four weeks.

I haven't written an essay in two years, and haven't written a real essay in four years...

I SIGNED UP FOR PROGRAMMING, NOT ESSAYS!

I feel your pain, to a lesser extent - I have develop the remaining use case documentation for our 3rd Year Project (well, 1/5 of the remaining ~25) for next Monday, after having developed most of the first 20 by myself (begrudgingly, but voluntarily because I'd rather do them myself than proof-read someone else's) along with UI mockups :(

I signed up for software development, not... oh wait :P

went home to Tipp for a few days to visit the folks. Went for a few drinks with my dad last night. The pub was practically empty all night. Conversation turned to the dying culture of the country pub. All these middle aged people and older people in the pub talking about it and becoming visibly sad about it. Must be sad watching it die if you're of the age where you were young when it was booming. A piece of old Ireland being shunted into the grave by supermarket chains selling booze for a pittance, the pub landlords could always drop their prices a bit but with their own overhead costs as well as the predrinking culture that now exists they could never drop them far enough to compete with Tesco and still be a viable business. It's inevitable really, they'll die out sooner than later. Pubs have always been near empty as long as i've been drinking but hearing my dad and all his friends talking last night about how they used to be and I got a little sad too.
    getting langers at home for twenty quid is all well and good. but there's nothing like sitting in a country pub on a busy night and just soaking up the atmosphere and tales.

• Advertisement

What we all doing for Halloween night. Shots, vodka, triple vodka ?
    Who's dressing up as the slutty pumpkin

I'm sitting in my room writing a lovely mix of C++, C, C# and two essays. #yolo

Having a wine and scary movies night with my housemates. Lovely change from last year!

Dressing up in a tiger onsie and getting hammered :D ...Hey I finished my sociology essay I deserve this one!

I'm jealous. EIGHTY PERCENT DONE, THANK FECK!. Then I shall be handing it in, and opening a bank account because I'm so cool like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

My dog is already frightened of going out the door to do her business. I'd hate to see what she will be like once the fireworks go off. Friggin' YOOFS!

Everything seems weird when your drunk. Was with few hot girls but unable to pull. guys any tips on how to be confident?

Jhcx wrote: »
    Everything seems weird when your drunk. Was with few hot girls but unable to pull. guys any tips on how to be confident?

I got incredibly drunk and wrangled myself a 3-way shift <3 (2 girls)

**** knows how! :D

Apt Den title is apt...

Your up in galway yeah? I must come up and learn Ha Ha.

Jhcx wrote: »
    Your up in galway yeah? I must come up and learn Ha Ha.

Haha correct.

Honestly, I get drunk enough so that I get confident and then just talk pure sh*te, also I'm pretty sure the beard helps by about 200%!

I'm generally very shy/awkward-ish around girls...drunk me does not care for such awkwardness!

I'm generally very shy/awkward-ish around girls...drunk me does not care for such awkwardness!
    Drink is great for that ain't it.

Junco + 3 double jamesons = clark gable levels of charm

Haha correct.

Honestly, I get drunk enough so that I get confident and then just talk pure sh*te, also I'm pretty sure the beard helps by about 200%!

Drink is great for that ain't it.

Junco + 3 double jamesons = clark gable levels of charm

I like to try that but i never seem to get quiet there im just so tense and aware. could have as many shots and nagging possible and may seem pissed but still too self concious. and prolly just around the wrong girls. ahh dont have one. Im more of a stubble guy.

We like drink here in IAECDOTCC&H :pac:

Im still so drunk. Was talking to my friend and went to call her name and ended up calling her Amy. Nothing like her name was totally thinking of another girl.. still am hence why im here. hmm...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hello, little folk! Ye've gone awfully quiet in here. How's life treating ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I can't sleep. And I think I'm getting sick. Blah.

I have so many projects. :(

On an unrelated note (:P) have you guys seen the new YouTube comments?

They added hashtags...

WHY IS EVERY SITE ADDING HASHTAGS! :mad:

EWWWWW HASHTAGS.

I think I've decided to defer a few exams. I just amn't coping, so yeah...fun and games!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well, I've been waking up earlier than usual now, seeing that I'm now responsible for feeding the dog now that my brother has moved out.

So many lab reports, so little time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    On an unrelated note (:P) have you guys seen the new YouTube comments?

They added hashtags...

WHY IS EVERY SITE ADDING HASHTAGS! :mad:

This is an outrage! #hashtags #irony

:pac:

Listening to music and reading the messages on my phone they conflict and my face has gone through more emotions than a baby. Don't know whether to laugh or cry or be shocked

Anyone want to help me with a problem?

On excel, doing graphs and have gotten the equation of the line of best fit. But when I put in a point on Y into the equation, I am not getting the corresponding x and vice versa. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I see an Image like this and wonder what waslife like before. How are they going to rebuild will this ever be cleared up or will it lie there for hundreds or years as a reminder that humans are monsters to themselves.

Image too big for boards
    http://historysshadow.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/haret-hreik8_jpg.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone want to help me with a problem?

On excel, doing graphs and have gotten the equation of the line of best fit. But when I put in a point on Y into the equation, I am not getting the corresponding x and vice versa. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Anyone in Limerick wanna go to Angel Lane some night and pick up my student card and post it to me? No? Sigh, how do I do these things? :(

Slow Show wrote: »
    Anyone in Limerick wanna go to Angel Lane some night and pick up my student card and post it to me? No? Sigh, how do I do these things? :(

Where are you these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Where are you these days?

In NUIG doing Medicine these days, so basically all of of my hopes and aspirations came true :) I think I've come a long way since my beginning days! Soccy or else someone I know from school is gonna pick up my ID, saving me thirty euro, so all is well. :)

How's everyone else? Feel so detached lately. :(

Jaysus. Just realised I've passed the 1k post mark!

A milestone like that deserves celebration. So, I shall celebrate...by doing more study..wooooo!!

The fire alarm went off in my building at 12.40. I still can't sleep. I think I have to get up now so I can work on cleaning my room for my inspection.

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    In NUIG doing Medicine these days, so basically all of of my hopes and aspirations came true :) I think I've come a long way since my beginning days! Soccy or else someone I know from school is gonna pick up my ID, saving me thirty euro, so all is well. :)

How's everyone else? Feel so detached lately. :(

Your first mistake was going to Angel Lane... :P

:eek: Interview in under two hours :eek:

I'm eskay-ood... :\

Work has sent me to Mayo for a week of cover in one of our shops. Having a grand auld time in a beautiful part of the country except for two things. The fact that Three seem unaware that Mayo is a place where people would enjoy some fuppin Internet cover that doesn't drop every twenty minutes. Secondly, the fact that the water coming out of every tap I've used since I've been here is bloody yellow. It's like the plumber connected all the mains to the same place where Chris Martin's nonsense lyrics come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

It's like the plumber connected all the mains to the same place where Chris Martin's nonsense lyrics come from.

This is brilliant.

That is all.

Hon Emma Blackery! :D

Seriously, this new system is genuinely awful. I've had the same username on YT since around 2007, now I can't post comments or upvote comments (didn't do it that often, but I liked doing it on smaller channels) unless I either:
    a) Use my real name -> Eh, no. The YT comments section is a cesspit. You can **** right off if you think I'm putting my real name out there for some of those ***** to track me down on Facebook...
    b) Set up a G+ page for my channel -> WHY THE **** WOULD I DO THAT?! I mean fine, if you're actually looking to build an audience then that's a nice option, but I'm not! I don't put up videos, and if I were to start (because I have been thinking about starting something) I wouldn't use the YT account I already have because, well, I've had the username since 2007...

Ugh. Just **** off Google+. I actually liked it as a platform, I prefer it to FB, but just face it, it's failed. Move on.

I don't mind the real name thing too much If anonymity is taken away from the gob****es who make the Youtube comment section so saddening then people might think twice before posting "your video sucks go kill yourself" but Google have been really heavy handed in the way they've approached it. they could and should have done it better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement