Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I knit, so that's what everyone's getting this christmas. But yeah, socks. Or a ticket to a match or something if he's into that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If you can track down some copies of old Irish TV shows that he used to watch that might be a cool way to go. I remember we got Dad a VHS (now kids, VHS was a media format in ancient times) of Hall's Pictorial Weekly which he really got a kick out of.

Match tickets are a good shout too. If he's into soccer maybe organise a trip to a game for him?

How about a set of drillbits, sockets, spanners, screwdrivers?

Do I place a bid on this top or not? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Gorgeous-Black-Lace-And-Baby-Pink-Corset-Style-Top-14-/261343196810

It's really pretty, but also to small for me atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Do I place a bid on this top or not? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Gorgeous-Black-Lace-And-Baby-Pink-Corset-Style-Top-14-/261343196810

It's really pretty, but also to small for me atm.

Too small for my dad too :L

Match tickets would be good (or probably better!), but I just impulse-bought tickets to a Sharon Shannon gig in January after he just proclaimed that he'd found the best piece of music on Youtube, so they'll have to do instead :P

He'll probably also get socks :P Something like that would suit him really well wnolan! My sister actually did a dissertation on Halls Pictorial when she was in final year (and my dad helped her loads) so that would have been perfect, but I think they tracked down loads of it for that, but it would have been ideal! I might try suss out some programmes and things from a similar era that he'd have watched though... Gooood stuff... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I have to buy so much on such a small budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

christmas shopping has been somewhat stress free this year. mother, brother,sister, housemate and granddad all sorted and its not even december.

all thats left now is dad. dads are the hardest.

I'm excused from buying stuff for my family, due to my status as "poor ass student". Have to buy for the bf's family, they're going to be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Happy final day of Hanukkah, everybody! :D

plot twist: I'm not even Jewish :p

This is just brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

What do dads like to get for Christmas? We're doing Kris Kringle (spelling?) and I was given him! Food / Drink / Vouchers are banned because they're too easy :(

Worst in the world to buy for. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

pajor wrote: »
    Worst in the world to buy for. :mad:
    We're getting our father some cigar related stuff. Honestly, that was the first thing I thought of, since I remembered that he lost his cigar cutter a couple of days earlier.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

How does one have cheap, tasty but easy nice dinners in college?? Like Im actually in desperate need and cant eat Aldi lasagne and take away for all my life

deise_girl wrote: »
    How does one have cheap, tasty but easy nice dinners in college?? Like Im actually in desperate need and cant eat Aldi lasagne and take away for all my life

Spaghetti bolognese, chicken fillets and various pastas and sauces are your best friend.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Spaghetti bolognese, chicken fillets and various pastas and sauces are your best friend.

It's really sad ive had 2 chicken fillets in my freezer for like 3 weeks but I never think of them until Im actually hungry and its too late to defrost :(
    Might go for spaghetti bolognase though, I feel like that might be a great option
    (Not for today coz its too late, but another day..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

While I do live at home I feed myself. Stew is your best friend, load a spuds, bag a carrots a few onions and a few euro worth of stewing beef feeds me for the week.

Curry and Spag Bol are also great to cook in large batches and freeze.

Probably sounds a bit naff, but you should plan your dinners for the week. Like, this year I started sitting down on a Sunday and writing down what I'll have each night of the week. That way you know what you need to defrost in the morning, rather than suddenly realising you might want chicken and not have the time.

I also find simply googling "15-minute meals" and stuff turns up loads of recipes that are hella easy to make and really cheap. Like, I found this cool curry recipe a while back that I've been meaning to get around to for ages and all it needs is some mince, frozen peas and a few other bits. Like you'd easily whip it up in a half hour for less than the cost of ordering in a takeaway.

Oh, another bit of advice would be get a few decent lunch boxes. Just so you won't be throwing out leftovers due to having nowhere to store them. Two nights' meals for the price of one. :P

Probably sounds a bit naff, but you should plan your dinners for the week. Like, this year I started sitting down on a Sunday and writing down what I'll have each night of the week. That way you know what you need to defrost in the morning, rather than suddenly realising you might want chicken and not have the time.

I also find simply googling "15-minute meals" and stuff turns up loads of recipes that are hella easy to make and really cheap. Like, I found this cool curry recipe a while back that I've been meaning to get around to for ages and all it needs is some mince, frozen peas and a few other bits. Like you'd easily whip it up in a half hour for less than the cost of ordering in a takeaway.

Oh, another bit of advice would be get a few decent lunch boxes. Just so you won't be throwing out leftovers due to having nowhere to store them. Two nights' meals for the price of one. :P

Going to save everything you say as a file under some witty name that will make me open it, because even though eating lasagne for every meal every day is the dream at the moment, im well aware this wont always be the case.

Effort of that.

When you get to my age young man you'll plan everything you do...

:P

Probably sounds a bit naff, but you should plan your dinners for the week. Like, this year I started sitting down on a Sunday and writing down what I'll have each night of the week.

I've been doing that since September. :D

Simply stops me eating sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

deise_girl wrote: »
    It's really sad ive had 2 chicken fillets in my freezer for like 3 weeks but I never think of them until Im actually hungry and its too late to defrost :(
    I have that problem too. I made a curry this week using fillets that have been in my freezer since march!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Came snooping for a creep and yet I recognise an uncomfortable amount of people around here :pac:

Everyone to the forum feedback thread for giving of teh feedbackz!

Oi, you! How'd the last two go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lads i must have a broken heart. but This has left me in bits. Now 2013 has been some year of giving and being thankful. but this takes the biscuit and must be the most generous thing i have ever seen a company do.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Oi, you! How'd the last two go?

Pretty happy tbh :D

EU though could be a disaster :O

You doin alright?

peekachoo wrote: »
    Came snooping for a creep and yet I recognise an uncomfortable amount of people around here :pac:

Stick around :)

One more teensy tiny college hurdle to jump.. and then BOOM.. holidays. :D

decisions wrote: »
    Stick around :)

IM WANTED ♥

• Advertisement

IM WANTED ♥

Not in that way peek, I though you had moved on :P

All you ever do is break my heart :pac:

All you ever do is break my heart :pac:

Yet you still love me :confused:

Yet you still love me :confused:

You wish :P

You wish :P

:pac:

Hmmm.. yeees.. I'm sensing a lot of tension here. :pac:

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    Hmmm.. yeees.. I'm sensing a lot of tension here. :pac:

gal-stupid-clinton-bill.jpg

Thousands wouldn't believe you.. but I do. :D

She'll tell ya the same thing I did ;)

Yep...

Yep...

Whats that supposed to mean :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh dear...

;)

ps. The fact that I'm infiltrating this forum just means when I'm out there'll probably be drunk posts here along with the other forum :pac:

I'm outta here.

Guys please. We can get you counselling. Work THROUGH your problems!

Hehe I kid (I promise) :pac:

Guys please. We can get you counselling. Work THROUGH your problems!

There is no problem :cool:

She is my only problem, so if there is no peek then there is no problem :cool:

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Shít :eek:

<3?

Shít :eek:

<3?

Ninja quote :D
    And unlike the grads this isn't a private forum ;)

All the better :cool::pac:

Hooray for more people drunk posting!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement