Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd probably be too busy bleeding to care that he got hurt tbh.

I think we'd all like to see ourselves as the person that would be cool and calm after it, calling an ambulance, putting pressure on the wound, fashioning a tourniquet out of your own intestines, maybe even sewing up the wound Rambo style while you wait. But realistically I'd say 90% of people, including me, would be on the ground sobbing and calling for my Mommy. :pac:

On a side note, I'd love to be in your brain for a few hours Jhcx. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'd probably be too busy bleeding to care that he got hurt tbh.

I think we'd all like to see ourselves as the person that would be cool and calm after it, calling an ambulance, putting pressure on the wound, fashioning a tourniquet out of your own intestines, maybe even sewing up the wound Rambo style while you wait. But realistically I'd say 90% of people, including me, would be on the ground sobbing and calling for my Mommy. :pac:

On a side note, I'd love to be in your brain for a few hours Jhcx. :P

I disagree tbh, I reckon it's more like 90% would be calm of it happened to them.

Instinct kicks in and you just go into 'auto-pilot'. That's from my experience of being the person that was with the person that was injured, but in a hell of alot less dramatic situation :p

It's amazing how quick you react with out even thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Happy Christmas fellow C&H boardies. Hope Santa was good to ye.
    Have a great day enjoy dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

My sister got my little brother a copy of san andreas for the ps2. A second hand copy of a nine year old game from 2 generations ago caused the most excitement for my brother and i this morning. so bloody jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I love the fact that my parents still insist on doing Santa, despite the fact that I'm 20. Got loads of knitting stuff, make up, perfume, loads. Oh, Christmas. <3

• Advertisement

I got a USB powered vacuum cleaner. :)

That's the pick of the bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

My parents gave my 13 year old brother a nice big cash sum because basically I gave them my old iphone to give to my sister and I took my parents tv as my present, so they could keep everything to a minimum.

And he was most excited about the ten quid toasted sandwich maker from Argos.

I love Project X. So fire, movie and oh no alcohol. dafuq is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Just got in from the night-shift about 45 minutes ago. Got changed, put my uniform in the wash and was heading to bed when there's a knock at the door. I thought it was Tony from work who lives on the floor below; who'd just gotten home too. Opened it to find not Tony but a very inebriated blonde girl of about my age. She'd been locked out of her friends flat and asked me could she have a blanket as she was freezing in the hall and couldn't wake her friend.

How she came to be knocking on my door is a mystery as her friends flat is two floors below mine. I considered offering her my couch but she looked a bit like a vomit risk and also didn't want to wake up to discover my flat cleared out.

one of the more random knockings at my chamber door at 6 am anyway.

probably not gonna see that blanket again either :pac:

^ Ever so slightly jealous :P

Lads is it possible for one to fall in love with themselves. What breaks my heart at the end of the day is that I've never been called ugly. Always been givin compliments. But yet im still single. I respect a girl too much to just shift them in the nightclub and those throwing themselves at ya scare me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Jhcx wrote: »
    I respect a girl too much to just shift them in the nightclub and those throwing themselves at ya scare me.

Well that right there is your problem :P

Well that right there is your problem :P

Don't I know it :( . Ah well for all the time I go to the nightclub. I'd rather be drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

But yet im still single. I respect a girl too much to just shift them in the nightclub and those throwing themselves at ya scare me.

You can always shift in a nightclub and then call her again!

those throwing themselves at ya scare me.

Yeah... those are the worst! I mean, pfft, it's like, jeez, I'm not a piece of meat...

<_<

>_>

:(

pajor wrote: »
    You can always shift in a nightclub and then call her again!

I don't know if that's possible in ennis. :/

speaking as the girl who met her boyfriend in one of the...more intriguing clubs in Dublin, shifted, got scared and ran off to Limerick, go for it.

Also, said boyfriend's mother bought me loads of Christmas gifts, and called me her "like a daughter" when speaking to one of her friends. This is good, yes?

I don't think I could do it. I'm old fashioned.
    My first gf I met in study at school. Second gf was my ex's friend and 3rd I met in Lourdes. I've never had to shift any to get them.

Also that's good. Always a good sign when the mother likes you.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2014 is good for ye and some of ye graduate and that yer successful in what ever lies ahead for ye in the year.

Also we need a new name for the den. New Year and all that. How bout 'the wacky success den' in that celebrating five years old our forum and it's one of our most successful surviving threads?

Hmm...new den name will have to be considered.

How was everyone's new year, actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Hmm...new den name will have to be considered.

How was everyone's new year, actually?

Marvellous really. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

How im not dead from last night I dont know.

I good start in all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Lads if your girlfriend kissed a girl would you consider it cheating?

anirishlad wrote: »

Depends on the circumstances.

Depends on the circumstances.

Night out, drunk and only lasted a minute. I'm actually friends with the girl as well.

Night out, drunk and only lasted a minute. I'm actually friends with the girl as well.

Was it like a shift or a peck and was it just a spur of the moment joke thing?

Kinda ****ty but nah. I know a girl who does it all the time and bf thinks nothing of it!

Also the current Den name is unbeatable

My Ex used to do that to piss me off. failed miserably i find it a real turn on :pac:

I'd consider it cheating tbh.

Like, would you be pissed off if she did the same thing with a guy?

Don't really see the difference.

Was it like a shift or a peck and was it just a spur of the moment joke thing?

She said they both wanted to experiment. I do feel a bit annoyed about it but some lads do seem to find it class :P but seriously we had only been going out for a day :L

• Advertisement

Oh I would be seriously pissed off if it was a guy.

She said they both wanted to experiment. I do feel a bit annoyed about it but some lads do seem to find it class :P but seriously we had only been going out for a day :L

That part makes it a bit iffy.

Although if she wants to experiment you could work in the idea of a threesome. Just saying.

In my relationship, it's not. But that's because my housemate and I basically shift all the time.

With a guy Ya i think thats where you can draw the line. But when you know there not a lesbian(my ex before that was) its not really going to go anywhere.
    Sure ive been asked to kiss guys in front of ex's course if it was a girl i'd prolly have a fat lip.

So in all honesty Irishlad if you find it cheating well thats upto you. but i wouldnt take it so serious, just a bit of messing but if she started going off with a guy think thats where the messing stops.

Thanks for your advice lads I think I'll just go with the threesome idea :P

Glad to be of service.

• Advertisement

Guys...SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK

Guys...SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK

Yes? I lived beside them in Ennis. :(

But Yesh Yesh Yesh. absolutely brilliant. I cant wait for it to be back. i should google it.

I really wouldn't worry about it, most girls think nothing of that and because they're not actually physically attracted to each other and blahdy blah I wouldn't say it's a big deal.

Unless she did it on the sly and didn't want you to find out etc, then it'd be a bit dodge!

Yes? I lived beside them in Ennis. :(

But Yesh Yesh Yesh. absolutely brilliant. I cant wait for it to be back. i should google it.

You are aware it's on...right now?

Bah! I'm only on Episode 2 of Season 2 :(

So good though!!

• Advertisement

i'll watch it online. what channel though. most likely a channel i dont have

BBC1. It was fantastic (although I still haven't seen the earlier stuff)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

You have a girlfriend now? Awww thats so cute god bless <333

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I go into this forum wanting to see how everyone's school nativity play went this year, and lawgollamighty but if I'm not confronted with a veritable keyboard orgy. Electronic incantations from a lecherous ledger of trollop travails. Makes this old chunk of coal fit to be tied. Fit to be tied!

I'm glad I scrolled up a little. Thought this was a completely different problem.
    In my relationship, it's not. But that's because my housemate and I basically shift all the time.

Let me tell ya' folks, I knew a relationship was work, but split-shifts! Gotta be kiddin' me! *rambunctious 50s big band comedian music*
    Unless she did it on the sly and didn't want you to find out etc, then it'd be a bit dodge!

Such lesbian! Wow. Much sexual repression.
    deise_girl wrote: »

And this comment is the most putrid, base and grotesque hormonal lightning-rod it's ever been my displeasure to see.

Happy 2014 everyone. You all sicken me to my chaste, luminous core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Getting physically intimate with another person without prior approval from the other party in a relationship is cheating. 'Being drunk' or 'just a bit of fun' are phrases often employed as poor excuses for reprehensible behaviour.

Wanting to experiment is never a valid excuse. It is massively disrespectful and selfish to go off "finding yourself" without appropriate consideration wrt your partner and their feelings. If she wants to experiment she should get your approval first or do it while single.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

SaltyBet is, without a doubt, the most amazing timewaster ever. Betting imaginary bucks on AI-controlled fights is fantastic. The tension of the close fight, the regret of betting against a top-tier fighter, the apphrension of seeing unfamiliar fighters, the frustration of seeing your Salty Bucks go down the drain after your fighter throws the match by being ****... something like this should not be so entertaining.

The Twitch chat for the stream is pretty fun too :3

Absolutely fcking class. Forest Gump is just an amazing movie. Don't think I have ever spoke highly enough of any movie. Just an amazing story line, Tom Hanks looks nothing like himself but that's was 20 years ago. Just kept thinking about my life. But that movie is probably my favourite movie.

deise_girl wrote: »

Oh lord.

I'll let it go because she did sound upset when she realised I wasn't happy about it and her ex encouraged this sort of behaviour, it turned him on :P I'm asking for advice anymore here this is great Craic!

Me and my random brain have come up with a weird question . Has anyone heard of a wannabe gay?

Me and my random brain have come up with a weird question . Has anyone heard of a wannabe gay?

Its seems easier in ways.

But women tho. Why do they have to be so attractive :(

But no I haven't met anyone who wants to be gay but isnt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement