Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I can post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jako8 returns to Boards on Monday.

Site goes down on Tuesday.

Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Jako8 returns to Boards on Monday.

Site goes down on Tuesday.

And then Jackobyte posts!

All we need now is for this lot to show up and we'll have a proper C&H reunion. :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056260603

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

NEW PLAYPEN! PEANUT BUTTER FLAVOURED JELLY! JUNCO'S ADDICTED?

Find out here -> CLICK ME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

And then Jackobyte posts!

All we need now is for this lot to show up and we'll have a proper C&H reunion. :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056260603

Those were the days... *stares off into distance, wistfully*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Im on MSN(hotmail,outlook),bebo,twitter,tumblr,flickr,facebook,google,yahoo,boards,instagram,youtube,myspace,Vimeo,dailymotion,vine.

I think im on some more but i dont know for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Jhcx wrote: »
    Im on MSN(hotmail,outlook),bebo,twitter,tumblr,flickr,facebook,google,yahoo,boards,instagram,youtube,myspace,Vimeo,dailymotion,vine.

I think im on some more but i dont know for now.
    :eek: The heck.. I'm only on a few of those. Social media nerd you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    :eek: The heck.. I'm only on a few of those. Social media nerd you!

Same! Just three of those.. and no others. :P

pajor wrote: »
    Same! Just three of those.. and no others. :P
    Facebook, Twitter, Boards and YouTube is enough for me. I don't get the point of Instagram but thats just me :p

Facebook, Twitter, Boards and YouTube is enough for me.

:pac:

• Advertisement

:pac:
    I wish I was the same to be honest. Good thing about Twitter is that the stupid people on Facebook don't know how to use it and I hope it stays that way!

I wish I was the same to be honest. Good thing about Twitter is that the stupid people on Facebook don't know how to use it and I hope it stays that way!

Life is.. simpler without it. :P

I don't really like Twitter all that much. I hate when someone says something completely idiotic on there (I've gottan a few stupid comments sent at me) and I can't express an opinion on their comment in the 140 characters.

I also abhor txtspk and hate not using punctuation... These aren't the best qualities to have on Twitter it seems. :P

I know a lot of people argue that "Oh well, if you can't express your point in 140 characters then you just shouldn't express it!", but when you get stupid comments about your stance on a particular issue it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about it.

I'm on YouTube, but I've gradually cut down on using it since the G+ integration. Don't comment anymore, have switched to Feather so I don't even see comment sections. The community there is dying a death. I can't remember the last time I've discovered someone who has less than 10k subscribers like I used to in the olden days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

txt lmts r d sht

I hate the EU. But there is no point in me arguing it cause my view is stupid. its 22 odd countries being ruled from germany. The irish would give their left nut if it ment more money. They have stolen everything from us. Granted they gave some in return but ireland has nothing its like america. Each state can make its own laws but has to conform to the United states government. I just really hate the way ireland gets bullied around.
    I like the way its open but i dont like the fact we all have to share. some countries demand more than others and then some are left with nothing

I don't really like Twitter all that much. I hate when someone says something completely idiotic on there (I've gottan a few stupid comments sent at me) and I can't express an opinion on their comment in the 140 characters.

I also abhor txtspk and hate not using punctuation... These aren't the best qualities to have on Twitter it seems. :P

I know a lot of people argue that "Oh well, if you can't express your point in 140 characters then you just shouldn't express it!", but when you get stupid comments about your stance on a particular issue it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about it.

I'm on YouTube, but I've gradually cut down on using it since the G+ integration. Don't comment anymore, have switched to Feather so I don't even see comment sections. The community there is dying a death. I can't remember the last time I've discovered someone who has less than 10k subscribers like I used to in the olden days.

I know I'm one of the few, but I'm never signed into youtube or gmail, only gmail when I check it about once again month. Boards, Reddit, Soccermanager and Facebook are the only sites I sign into regularly. And in saying that, I don't post on facebook, its just a handy way to talk to friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

A soldier came into work tonight in full fatigues with his pack and stuff. Guess he was back on leave from U.N stuff maybe . All the insignia on the uniform however pointed to him being in the Polish army. I found it odd. I can understand maybe getting yank soldiers in because of the proximity to Shannon airport but Polish?

Maybe we're getting invaded. :confused:

I hate the EU. But there is no point in me arguing it cause my view is stupid. its 22 odd countries being ruled from germany. The irish would give their left nut if it ment more money. They have stolen everything from us. Granted they gave some in return but ireland has nothing its like america. Each state can make its own laws but has to conform to the United states government. I just really hate the way ireland gets bullied around.
    I like the way its open but i dont like the fact we all have to share. some countries demand more than others and then some are left with nothing
    To be honest if Ireland wasn't in the EU then we'd be royally screwed. Yes, Germany are the big players in the EU but without the regional infrastructure fund we received from the EU to help build and improve our roads we would be back in those awful 1980 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I like the majority of the EU. I like that it's a common market, that it helps countries improve their infrastructure. But I detest the political aspect of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Ireland has gotten far more out of the EU than the other way around. Take a look at where we were in '73 and compare it to the years since.
    It has its problems, sure but Ireland has benefited from membership more than most. For one thing, we would be in serious bother if they hadn't bailed us out.

Regarding being 'ruled by Germany' as you put it, Ireland is a dualist state and treaties are not part of Irish domestic law unless incorporated by the Oireachtas. So it isn't that different to the American system really.

And if anyone has stolen everything from us, it would be the bankers and politicians IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

The printer is alive and working again like a beauty xox

Boards being under maintenance Tuesday was terrible. What was that about like?

Also Bebo is shut down and being "reinvented". sad. Wanted to look at my bebo StUnN@H photos the last day and werev= nowhere to be found!

The printer is alive and working again like a beauty xox

Boards being under maintenance Tuesday was terrible. What was that about like?

Also Bebo is shut down and being "reinvented". sad. Wanted to look at my bebo StUnN@H photos the last day and werev= nowhere to be found!

Official answer: Two of Boards' hard drives failed at once and the entire thing crashed. The brave men and women of the tech team worked all day to get it back online.

Unofficial answer: Twas all Dav's fault again. :P

Re Bebo: I remember reading that when they're back online they'll let you download all your old photos and stuff, which is cool I guess.

Though I think I'm the only person in the world that is actually interested in a new Bebo... :pac:

Ireland has gotten far more out of the EU than the other way around. Take a look at where we were in '73 and compare it to the years since.
    It has its problems, sure but Ireland has benefited from membership more than most. For one thing, we would be in serious bother if they hadn't bailed us out.

Regarding being 'ruled by Germany' as you put it, Ireland is a dualist state and treaties are not part of Irish domestic law unless incorporated by the Oireachtas. So it isn't that different to the American system really.

And if anyone has stolen everything from us, it would be the bankers and politicians IMO.

But its not 1973 anymore. ireland is way too dependant on the eu and they know that

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Official answer: Two of Boards' hard drives failed at once and the entire thing crashed. The brave men and women of the tech team worked all day to get it back online.

Unofficial answer: Twas all Dav's fault again. :P

Re Bebo: I remember reading that when they're back online they'll let you download all your old photos and stuff, which is cool I guess.

Though I think I'm the only person in the world that is actually interested in a new Bebo... :pac:

I signed up for the "download your photo" thing. Too many memories to just disappear!!!
    Also I put my heart and soul into my top 16. To think it is gone, is devastating!

You obviously haven't seen this video then

• Advertisement

Has anyone used Google music?

I remeber yonkers ago in the year of 2008 when my friend bought an iPod touch 3months later bought an iPhone because could have a phone and music. Then bought a Mac because it simplified syncing the iphone and computer together plus it was faster on itunes than pc. then apple came along and was like yolo we made you buy all that now you dont even need a computer rofloflofl.

Well i said fluffy to all that and stayed old fashioned because im awesome like that. Then google came along and i love them. but it still didnt solve my music crisis. i had my ipod which i loved and still love and would never let it go unlike rose who just dropped Jack into that freezing ocean the biotch. Anyway Google improved and improved and now they are totally owsum like me. and then they brought out google music and me being so busy. and hating the idea that i would have to fill up my poor android with all my music i ignored it. but now, now i finally got round to reading what google music can do for me and unlike before you can now have upto 20,000 songs added for fee yes fee not free. i still have 18,200 odd slots left. and Now i get the best of everything i can still use my ipod and itunes and have all my music carefully organised spent years organising and google will dip into those folders and carefully upload them to the cloud so i can listen to them on my Android, when i dont have my ipod. my android stay clutter free, i get my music on the go and google just gets better.

So ya thats todays gospel you may go in peace to love and serve the robots, amen

I have indeed used Google Music.

The download manager is handy for just planting it all into iTunes. Got a daycent Android phone in November but still have my iPod touch and I have no plans to get rid of that anytime soon.. no no no sirry.

Only problem is the 2 download limit on songs when downloading from the web. Because as I discovered on Tuesday, you can't just download one song with the Music Manager programme, you gotta download the whole library. Harumph. Ah well, still better than that AAC sh*t from iTunes which I just end up converting to mp3 anyway.

I have indeed used Google Music.

The download manager is handy for just planting it all into iTunes. Got a daycent Android phone in November but still have my iPod touch and I have no plans to get rid of that anytime soon.. no no no sirry.

Only problem is the 2 download limit on songs when downloading from the web. Because as I discovered on Tuesday, you can't just download one song with the Music Manager programme, you gotta download the whole library. Harumph. Ah well, still better than that AAC sh*t from iTunes which I just end up converting to mp3 anyway.

I dont understand what your doing? Im uploading all my music to the cloud from itunes on my laptop. so i can listen to it on my android(and now other devices) without downloading it. If it was from itunes to itunes just sign in on both computers and copy the albums across. Did you already have the music on your phone before the ipod?

I dont understand what your doing? Im uploading all my music to the cloud from itunes on my laptop. so i can listen to it on my android(and now other devices) without downloading it. If it was from itunes to itunes just sign in on both computers and copy the albums across. Did you already have the music on your phone before the ipod?

I'm now buying music from Google Play. They offer a programme then to download it from the Google 'cloud' so it can be played on the computa. It even gives an option to just download straight into iTunes.

Nah, when it comes to music iPod 4eva liiiike. :pac:

I'm now buying music from Google Play. They offer a programme then to download it from the Google 'cloud' so it can be played on the computa. It even gives an option to just download straight into iTunes.

Nah, when it comes to music iPod 4eva liiiike. :pac:

Ahh... your a good citizen of the earth...

• Advertisement

iPod's are second to none when it comes to music players IMO. Wouldn't trade my 160GB classic for anything. <3

Whats the first?

This has to be the scariest thing i have ever seen.

one because Mol is thanking people, that itself is just a bit scary and 2 there doing allocated seating :(:( doesnt help it costs an arm just to reserve a preferred seat. Think i'll just start flying with Aer Lingus again. Greatly disappointed in Ryanair. Thought they were different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Was absolutely yipped tonight, not sure if yaaah or arghhh, I imagine arghh.

Whats the first?

This has to be the scariest thing i have ever seen.

one because Mol is thanking people, that itself is just a bit scary and 2 there doing allocated seating :(:( doesnt help it costs an arm just to reserve a preferred seat. Think i'll just start flying with Aer Lingus again. Greatly disappointed in Ryanair. Thought they were different.

I don't care how cheap Ryanair are but they will never "change". Aer Lingus can be dodgy enough sometimes.

I've been receiving a lot of excited status updates on facebook about Hardwell playing in the O2. I've listened to one track on youtube and all I heard was background noise. Whats so unique about that? I feel I've lost faith in young people's taste of music these days.

Young people have no taste. If its not Jedward,One D or Justin Bieber or rap(excluding Eminem) they dont want to know about it. As a person open to all music, be it great or crap they have produced 1 or 2 catchy songs but nothing to go wow thats a masterpiece.

When you try to show them real music by one person using real instruments they just dont want to know. it is a great shame. thankfully music will never die because it goes in circles. sure our generation of music was probably to those at the time what today's music is to us. But i will always have respect for someone who can listen to a classic and respect it. 80's music is not my taste but i like a handful of songs, 90's is where i live because of the rhythm not because it was the era i was born. from 91-03 is my favourite era of music but i enjoy todays music specially trance as a piece to escape, rock because they use experiences to write their songs, rap because it comes from the heart and emotion. of course there are many others out there that you cant just put to a genre, but some of their songs will capture you and will become a part of your music world. But not everyone of their songs is the best one and those who can admit that for their favourite singers/bands will have taste and taste varies from each person based on their emotions and personality on music.

So yes while i say todays young dont have taste, they dont have my taste. most importantly though is If they cant admit that past music is everyone's taste, they certainly do not have taste.

^^^^

If you look back in time the music we point to to say "music was better back in the day" was no where near the charts. Archies- sugar sugar was number one at a time when we still had the beatles, the stones were still good and led zeppelin were kicking ass. When punk exploded in the seventies disco was king. The eighties gave us R.E.M and the alternative movement but the charts were dominated by synthy drivel. Music isn't crap nowadays , mass-produced, teenage demographic mainstream music is. It's always been that way. Young people as a mass group have terrible taste. Be it the youth in the sixties listening to "do the loco-motion" or the youth today listening to blurred lines. The indie scene is thriving. there are some great bands around.
    Every era has crap as time moves on the bad stuff is left behind and all anyone remembers is the good. In fifteen years the only time anyone will remember one direction is when they read a listicle online saying "you know you're a millenial when...." but I'm certain that half the contents of "soundtrack to your angst" will still be listened to constantly.

"Synthy drivel"... how very dare you! :mad:

Face it, every generation thinks their music is the best and that the next generations is crap. Bet in ten years time all these hipsters who listen to what people tell the is cool will have kids who laugh at Mommy and Daddy's silly oldies music.

We've gotta stop shaming people for liking certain music though, seriously. It's literally just vibrations in your ear. Like what you like and f*ck everyone else's opinion at the end of the day.

Oh, and name change suggestions for C&H are now being taken. Go nuts.

"Synthy drivel"... how very dare you! :mad:

dude I love synthy music. but a lot of the early stuff is crap simply because the technology wasn't there. and early drum machines. *shudder*

forgive me! wnolan1992 :o

feel better now :P

• Advertisement

I got bored today and decided to try my hand at making a curry from scratch(some weird ingredients go into the saucey part :eek:). Apart from slicing the thumb off of myself opening the tin of coconut milk and spilling ground turmeric all over my top I think it went really well. Nice beef curry bubbling away in the oven. Feeling right chuffed with myself.

Course my mother ruined it when I said I was making one.
    "oh who are you going to all that effort for junco? she must be nice"

No one mam It's just for me I was bored thats all.. Way to remind me of the fact i'm all alone in the world :P

*clutches Jameson bottle closer*

Was absolutely yipped tonight, not sure if yaaah or arghhh, I imagine arghh.

My God you drugged up idiot!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My God you drugged up idiot!!

We can't stop here. This is bat country.

We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Love that film. :D

I got bored today and decided to try my hand at making a curry from scratch(some weird ingredients go into the saucey part :eek:). Apart from slicing the thumb off of myself opening the tin of coconut milk and spilling ground turmeric all over my top I think it went really well. Nice beef curry bubbling away in the oven. Feeling right chuffed with myself.

Course my mother ruined it when I said I was making one.
    "oh who are you going to all that effort for junco? she must be nice"

No one mam It's just for me I was bored thats all.. Way to remind me of the fact i'm all alone in the world :P

*clutches Jameson bottle closer*

11247304.jpg

Tonight has been an very very weird night.

This week has started very very weirdly

By the end of the week I'll be 21 and don't know if ill still be single.....

I'm having a real acoustic night god I love acoustics natrual singing is always beautiful. Would love to do a music session and work on my vocals. On that side more my voice is going hoarse again . I've been having a sh t winter had a running cold since before Christmas I'm doing serious damage to my body I'm sure.

Right time for bed me thinks

That Andrex wet wipes ad is just too weird.

Like who the fcuk is going to chat in a pub about wiping their ass?? :pac::

Things are prolly as good as they could be at the moment, but I still have this completely MEH feeling about me...meh

• Advertisement

Meh, what can you do.

Advertisement