Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

What the hell is this goddamn ukelele craze all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

wnolan1992 wrote: »

EDIT: It's also electro-acoustic! I didn't know that when I bought it! And it has an inbuilt tuner! This is awesome! :D

I'd imagine a uke would sound very interesting with a pedal or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Holy ****. Anyone else hear about this? http://imgur.com/gallery/MmcQrqE

Warning, gif at the start is pretty graphic, but if you look at the full post it's a happy story in the end :)

Some people are seriously sick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd imagine a uke would sound very interesting with a pedal or two.

This guy doesn't need a pedal... :pac:

Lefty, this should also answer your question. :P

This is the only reason anyone needs a ukuele.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

wnolan, which one did you end up getting? A ukulele and some pedals would definitely make some interesting sounds.

wnolan, which one did you end up getting? A ukulele and some pedals would definitely make some interesting sounds.

Got this guy. It feels a little cheap (but not overly so, and still sturdy enough for a basic beginner one). I also think some of the electro stuff is a little loose, but I'll live with it while I see if I'm capable of actually learning to play this thing. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So I've been looking through job sites lately because work sucks, just came across a pastry chef job in buckingham palace. Why am I oddly tempted to apply for it? I would love to live in London...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

All my cats kittens are now given away, I'm gonna miss them so much! But I just realised I never put up a picture of them even though I planned on when they were born. So for all you kitten lovers here ya go! Their names are Smokey, Columbus and Duke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So ickle and cute!!!!!! Ermahgerd. I miss my cat so much :(
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    So I've been looking through job sites lately because work sucks, just came across a pastry chef job in buckingham palace. Why am I oddly tempted to apply for it? I would love to live in London...

Go for it!! London is aaaaaaawesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Aoifey! wrote: »
    All my cats kittens are now given away, I'm gonna miss them so much! But I just realised I never put up a picture of them even though I planned on when they were born. So for all you kitten lovers here ya go! Their names are Smokey, Columbus and Duke.

tumblr_lvhuuq55N71qhoyau.jpg

The street in front of my apartment block is a very popular spot for "ladies of the night".
    walking home from town tonight and there were four of them standing in the entrance of the driveway leading up to the block. Had to walk through the group. I don't know if there is anything more terrifying for someone as socially awkward as myself as when they started solicting "hey baby!"
    thank you for the offer miss but I would not like to pay you for sex please let me pass and enjoy the rest of your shift.

my neighbour is a heroin dealer and my front door is a brothel.

The letting agency didn't mention either of these facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

The street in front of my apartment block is a very popular spot for "ladies of the night".
    walking home from town tonight and there were four of them standing in the entrance of the driveway leading up to the block. Had to walk through the group. I don't know if there is anything more terrifying for someone as socially awkward as myself as when they started solicting "hey baby!"
    thank you for the offer miss but I would not like to pay you for sex please let me pass and enjoy the rest of your shift.

If you really don't like having to put up with them, you could pay them to leave, in the same vein as Charlie Sheen.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lads HIMYM just broke the awful truth to me that in 9 years im going to be old and sitting at a table reminiscing of old stories with my other half while we drink.

That is just awful in 9 years Feck that. LA i'll be there with you

Any of the Limerick C&H'ers looking for a flat?. My flatmate moved out and I'm slowly going bankrupt paying rent by myself.
    I swear I'm a super awesome flatmate!

• Advertisement

Any of the Limerick C&H'ers looking for a flat?. My flatmate moved out and I'm slowly going bankrupt paying rent by myself.
    I swear I'm a super awesome flatmate!

Hookers and heroin... you certainly are selling this place to me! :P

Where abouts roughly are you living? I'm looking into places to live for the summer (obvs that's not very helpful to you :P).

Henry Street near enough Jurys Inn.

I had everything sorted. Myself and another fella from work were gonna move into another guy from works flat a. would have been 200 feet from work and dirt cheap . Find out today that his landlady is renovating the whole building and he has to move out for a while. Dunno what to do with myself now. Landlord wants me to either renew my lease or go by Paddy's Day. Being an adult is so bloody stressful sometimes.

So I downloaded the Windows Phone equivalent of Tinder today.

I'm beginning to doubt its' legitimacy, there seems to be a lot of girls with Eastern European names in Cork compared to more traditional names... :P

Anyone have an idea as to how much one might get for a 32gb 4th gen ipod with a cracked screen and broken jack?

Also just an idea, instead of always going towards off topic how about a thread for just random questions people have?

As in, how much would I get for this iPod? Whats going on in Ukraine? What the hell is C&H?

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Anyone have an idea as to how much one might get for a 32gb 4th gen ipod with a cracked screen and broken jack?

Also just an idea, instead of always going towards off topic how about a thread for just random questions people have?

As in, how much would I get for this iPod? Whats going on in Ukraine? What the hell is C&H?

Meh.

Isnt that what an off topic is?

• Advertisement

Isnt that what an off topic is?

Actually, yes. Haha

I just remember people saying everything tended to just get thrown into off topic and it was harder for new people to get involved etc.

But, you are correct!

This is an excellent read, it's all about OCD:

Link

Extract:
    I was never a hoarder, contrary to so many portrayals of OCD in modern pop culture. Sure, I kept lots of things I shouldn't have, but it was out of a sense of obligation that someone had given them to me... and by giving something away, I would be hurting them and telling them their gift wasn't good enough. It didn't matter, even if the gift had been given years ago.

... I still have a remote control robot my Nana gave me for Christmas more than 10 years ago in the bottom of my bedside locker. I've thought about getting rid of it so many times over they years, but for some reason I can't bear to part with it. I mean, it's not like it's one of those toys I played with for months and months, in fact I think it was probably put away mid-February, with only occasional use for the next few months before resting in the locker. But sitting here writing this and thinking "Y'know, I really should get rid of it..." puts my stomach in a knot. I can't explain why. There's no rational reason, my Nana probably wouldn't even recognise the bloody thing if I had it proudly mounted for all to see...

Last paragraph of the post is me at times too.

(Oh, and to be clear, I'm not trying to say I have OCD, I doubt I do, I just found this post interesting and it got me thinking)

On a lighter note, Travoltify Your Name... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Whats going on in Ukraine?

If you really wanna know :P :

Timeline

Slightly creepy story

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So I downloaded the Windows Phone equivalent of Tinder today.

I'm beginning to doubt its' legitimacy, there seems to be a lot of girls with Eastern European names in Cork compared to more traditional names... :P

What's that called? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Stupid laptop screen is getting ridiculous. Dirty spots embedded on it now.

But I bet you'll wipe this ->>`

An File wrote: »
    What's that called? :pac:

Badoo. There're some gorgeous wans on there to be fair. (Or maybe my standards are really low.. :o)

A guy got a full cup of fanta dumped all over his expensive looking jacket last night in work by a woman him and his girlfriend been arguing with. he'd been mouthing off about how he "makes more money than you and your boyfriend put together"

I was so happy to see that twat get soaked.
    People who view themselves as superior because of the number on their payslip or view wealth as what gives value to a person deserve much worse than a cup of fanta over their head.

you could see the arrogance resonating from him.
    cowered in his seat while his girlfriend threw punches at the fanta throwers boyfriend.

So, my headphones have broken again so it seems like it's time for a new pair. I'm looking to upscale slightly, or at least get ones that are similarly good, any suggestions?

My current ones are Sennheiser's HD205.

So, my headphones have broken again so it seems like it's time for a new pair. I'm looking to upscale slightly, or at least get ones that are similarly good, any suggestions?

My current ones are Sennheiser's HD205.

What killed them? I got Sennheiser HD202 last Christmas..

pajor wrote: »
    What killed them? I got Sennheiser HD202 last Christmas..

Don't know to be honest, the right headphone has just stopped working :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Hey lads, never go into a depressive state that involves you essentially just lying in bed for three weeks straight, ok? Because the college work to catch up on isn't worth it.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Hey lads, never go into a depressive state that involves you essentially just lying in bed for three weeks straight, ok? Because the college work to catch up on isn't worth it.

Odd, yesterday was the 1st time I went into college in 3 weeks! You feel much better when you do, or so I found!

Odd, yesterday was the 1st time I went into college in 3 weeks! You feel much better when you do, or so I found!

I've been in the library since noon, it's a never ending cycle of attempting to catch up.

So heres the sad realistic truth. A cheeseburger from Ronald Mc Donald costs €2.30
    A double cheeseburge(Bare in mind has 2 burgers) costs €2.00
    WHAT DAFUQ! Clearly its not a double cheese burger your getting.

Jhcx wrote: »
    So heres the sad realistic truth. A cheeseburger from Ronald Mc Donald costs €2.30
    A double cheeseburge(Bare in mind has 2 burgers) costs €2.00
    WHAT DAFUQ! Clearly its not a double cheese burger your getting.

But you can't get the double cheeseburger in a meal (at least I don't think so).

It's a way of catching out the shmucks. :pac:

But you can't get the double cheeseburger in a meal (at least I don't think so).

It's a way of catching out the shmucks. :pac:

sure whats a meal, a burger, chip of choice and drink. :pac: lol.

Jhcx wrote: »
    sure whats a meal, a burger, chip of choice and drink. :pac: lol.

Still going to be more buying them separately then buying it as a meal deal. Probably completely wrong about that though. :pac:

Still going to be more buying them separately then buying it as a meal deal. Probably completely wrong about that though. :pac:

bout the same price really. or less. 1 Double cheese burger €2, large chip ? and a milkshake €3.? is 7.20 :pac:

THey know how to make their simoleons

I dunno about ye, but McDonalds in Galway do a double cheeseburger meal for €4.50

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Is youtube broken for everyone orrr?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Is youtube broken for everyone orrr?

Grand for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Grand for me.

Nooooooooooo :(:(:(:(

deise_girl wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo :(:(:(:(

If you're still having issues:

0) Turn off your computer and turn it on again.
    1) Try clearing your cache (just Google "How to clear cache in [whatever browser you use).
    2) Try switching to the YouTube Feather Beta (tbh, you all should do this anyway, cos it's way faster to load and doesn't show the icky comments)
    3) Go into your plugins (Tools > Extensions in Chrome) and try uninstalling and reinstalling flash.

oh ya forgot to tell ye that this morning. Trusty google kept telling me that the video link trying to access was unsecure.

oh well. its back since when ever. im still catching up on dvd

• Advertisement

It's too early to go to the airport. Stoopid Ryanair.

So Failté Eire made a video. And yes watching it makes me proud to know that i am in so way part of its heritage. To be fair Ireland is not a bad country. it has lovely landscapes great musicians. and great influence. But its simply a hand full of the people that bring the country down. In the video they mention a few things but yet as a Citizen Of The Republic Of Ireland i fail to see the changes the developments. and its the attitude to the way this country is run that i wish to leave. Of course if i had the Job i want, the Money needed. I would probably stay right here in my home county, Enjoying the views and just going away every 6 months to a sunnier country. even if it has many faults. what country doesnt?

But yes i am proud to call myself and Irelander, and even prouder to support and wear the green today and everyday for the foreseeable future

ireland-rugby-wallpaper-i18.jpg

I somehow let a lecturer/parent of a child I work with convince me to come in and talk to one of her classes about Autism next week. I can barely talk to 1 person I don't know never mind 60 :/

And what if they ask me things I don't know, ahhh, help :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I somehow let a lecturer/parent of a child I work with convince me to come in and talk to one of her classes about Autism next week. I can barely talk to 1 person I don't know never mind 60 :/

And what if they ask me things I don't know, ahhh, help :/

To Wikipedia! o/

An File wrote: »
    To Wikipedia! o/

But I'm meant to already know it all :P which I sort of do, but I dunno what they're gonna ask

• Advertisement
Advertisement