Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Anything to do with cats should be banned. im doing training with the cat lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

'scuse me c and h just trying to do something which will take too long to explain

293152.png

can yee guys see this badge in my sig or is it still a broken image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Still a broken image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

On the afternoon of November 17th, 2012, a young, hairy faced boy signed up for a website which he came across by pure accident. And although interest weaned many times, that hairy faced boy persevered through trials and tribulations to become the glorious specimen you all look at and wonder "Why's he copying wnolan1992?".

Me.

So yeah. This is my 1000th post on Boards.

So much boredom... cured? Postponed? Ignored?

Here's a look at the breakdown of my posts over these last 18 months:
    305774.jpg

I just want to thank everyone on boards for keeping me entertained. It has gotten me through a really tough period where I felt I had no one to turn to.

I know I'm new to C&H but hopefully you'll accept me into your wacky weird place. So, without further adieu, let your worship of me commence :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*grumble grumble*

Stealer

*grumble grumble*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

A glass that disappeared from my apartment about 5 months ago when I went home for the weekend has reappeared in a facebook photo in the hand of a girl I've never seen in my life. Student living never ceases to amaze me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Oh god, this forum shall just become people going "WOO LOOK AT ME!"...well...it kinda is already

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Oh god, this forum shall just become people going "WOO LOOK AT ME!"...well...it kinda is already

We're not there yet.

Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

We're not there yet.

Yet.

I don't understand (im new here)

LoveLamps wrote: »
    I don't understand (im new here)

The forum isn't about people shouting "LOOK AT ME" yet.

• Advertisement

And why would they be shouting ''LOOK AT ME'' ?

(Am I missing something really obvious here?)

Why didn't I get a 1000 post post. . Blah

Pfft, have you read yaaaah?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Pfft, have you read yaaaah?

Yaaaah I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

pajor wrote: »
    Still a broken image.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HugsiePie wrote: »

Did you post it as an attachment to a post?

HugsiePie wrote: »

Upload it to imgur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

305774.jpg

How are people getting these? I can't figure it out!

Leftyflip wrote: »
    How are people getting these? I can't figure it out!

I used meta-chart.com. Basically enter in the information and choose how you want it to look.

• Advertisement

I used meta-chart.com. Basically enter in the information and choose how you want it to look.

Ah! I was really hoping it was something on Boards itself. Posted in so many forums… Maybe I'll do it tonight!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Now one of the rooms across from mine has a blow up doll facing out the window. Looks like I'll be leaving the blind down if I want to get any work done in the next 3 weeks.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Ah! I was really hoping it was something on Boards itself. Posted in so many forums… Maybe I'll do it tonight!

Thanks!

The one I used in mine is a Boards generated one, but only mods can get them. I can get if for you if you want. :)

Finally bought the right phone. Feeling much more content now. Hopefully this one lasts longer than the s4. Lovely phone just too much plastic .

Jhcx wrote: »
    Finally bought the right phone. Feeling much more content now. Hopefully this one lasts longer than the s4. Lovely phone just too much plastic .

What phone?

What phone?

The Z2

• Advertisement

7gdKmZ.jpg

7gdKmZ.jpg

Theme to GOT. But about doorslol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Yis are mad.

Have ye been watching Game of Mobile Homes?

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Have ye been watching Game of Mobile Homes?

Slow down Tommy. Come again?

There're four episodes to date, and the series is ongoing.

It's the same guys that did Tallafornia Swipe, Glenroe Swipe, etc, etc.

Episode 3 is f*cking epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Been feeling a serious case of wanderlust lately. I don't really know what I want to do with myself career wise so I keep putting college off. Was happy working away in Limerick but I'm starting to feel like I'm trapped. Been longing to head to Canada a lot lately I'm young I'm single still have plenty of time to go to uni now is the time to go yet Emigrating as an unskilled terrifies me. but I think if I don't see something different now than I never will. Life is confusing.
    I think about things way too Much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Been feeling a serious case of wanderlust lately. I don't really know what I want to do with myself career wise so I keep putting college off. Was happy working away in Limerick but I'm starting to feel like I'm trapped. Been longing to head to Canada a lot lately I'm young I'm single still have plenty of time to go to uni now is the time to go yet Emigrating as an unskilled terrifies me. but I think if I don't see something different now than I never will. Life is confusing.

Londons a grand old place. Although I hadn't really planned on emigrating, it just kind of happened. But yeah I say go for it! I know personally if I didn't give it a try id regret it. Although working in hospitality makes emigration very easy for me, there's always going to be work. Irish people really don't respect this industry enough, being a waiter is just a job until something better comes along in most other places it's a career, people study it and have passion for it. Most Irish people sense of entitlement gets in the way of the industry and the people moan that non-Irish people get the job about them.

Eh.. Yeah sorry I got a bit carried away there..

Would you consider maybe emigrating to do a college course somewhere else? T'would solve three issues in one go like. :P (wanting to go back to college, wanting to see a bit of the world and you wouldn't be emigrating with the daunting task of trying to find work without a degree)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

It would help alright but College for colleges sake doesn't interest me . Too much money to be spending and too few jobs for me to pick a course I don't like. Done it once already and I won't do it again until I'm sure what I want. Social stigma be damned. Much rather be a nomad and see the world for a While even if I'm stuck behind pub counters or in the fields. To be honest if I thought I could wander forever and not have to do the whole college to capitalist pawn thing I would the rat race has left me awful dissillusioned.

Join an airline. work, see the world. I for ages have been in your boat. Im currently doing a course i have already done but this time just to say its certified by a college. im currently doing training with an airline. And have been told to seize any future opportunities that may arise. part of everything i do will lead me into management. Ive never studied for management and dont have the first clue about it. but with in field on the job training i'll be thought it. And thats pretty much my career set up. some how magically it was chosen for me. So you can go with no skills but what you will get out of it is upto what you put into it and try to find the right people to train you.

Hey college losers! The grant is open now and i was talking to dad about applying and he said he needs to get tax returns and do other boring tax stuff and that it'll be AT LEAST a month before he's ready. Im worried this is a bit late and thought id ask some guys with more experience. My brothers been to college and gotten the grant so i suppose he knows what hes at but still..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Regarding the SUSI grant I read that if I'm still in college and ready to enter 2nd year that they will email me about renewing? This correct?

• Advertisement

Spent 7 hours today wiring up a patchbay for a recording studio, organising cables and soldering.
    I have learned two things.

I fit behind a studio desk very easily
    and
    organising 40-odd cables is more difficult that one would think.

Why must my friends be asleep right now when I need them.

Probably the best song to sum up an ending

But I'm gonna use my sadness and anger to launch my out of this country and never return. I don't have the luck of the Irish.

Can i runaway? Like what would i do. do i live for free or do i work at a beach bar.

Im not cut out for this world. just sitting on that plane yesterday its so magical just being away from the world below. no troubles no problems just oceans of clouds and sunny blue skies. Can i go to the islands and be happy is that possible, is that allowed? Do i have your permission to do that?

Have any of ye had a mutual breakup?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I had, with my ex of three years. It wasn't working out, we weren't making enough of an effort with each other and even when we went to college in the same place, being closer to each other, it still wasn't working.

So we decided to break up, purely because we didn't want it to get to the stage where we were having awful fights and arguments. And we had felt we had tried and failed to fix our issues.

I'd never have a bad word to say about him and any girl who goes out with him is a very lucky girl in my opinion!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Another veteran, reporting for duty.

I won't say too much, but there was one awesome lady I went out with who realised around the same time I did that things just weren't working any more. There was no major argument or big dramatic falling-out, but breaking up was probably for the best before we drove each other totally mad. We cut back on contact a lot, but we've met up a couple of times since and still get on pretty well.

Thanks. ya i wouldnt mind if i could still get to see them. at the rate things are going id rather give up my career just to be with them.

Ive decided randomly to go to drive to cork tomoro to watch the sun rise on The Vee. i should check the weather first though

• Advertisement

HP and the order of the phoenix is on. I love Dumbledore's and Serius' characters, so interesting.

I REALLY should read the books :rolleyes:

Advertisement