Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Jhcx wrote: »
    Ive decided randomly to go to drive to cork tomoro to watch the sun rise on The Vee. i should check the weather first though

The Vee is in Tipperary. :D

In other news, my faith in humanity is gone. Kaput. Never coming back.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/the-plastics-faces-bieber-jennifer-lawrence-music-video-1462978-May2014/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

pajor wrote: »

In other news, my faith in humanity is gone. Kaput. Never coming back.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/the-plastics-faces-bieber-jennifer-lawrence-music-video-1462978-May2014/

Channel 406 and 407 on www.pluto.tv should help restore your faith...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Channel 406 and 407 on www.pluto.tv should help restore your faith...

I appreciate it, but I've been on AH far too much too recently. It's definitely not coming back now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

LoveLamps wrote: »
    I REALLY should read the books :rolleyes:

IMO you're missing out if you don't! I could write a thesis on why, but basically there are a lot of cool plot lines that had to be trimmed or cut from the movies. Some small character moments and nuances are also absent.

Going by personal experience, you could have them all read in no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Get the LC ou of the way and HP and Breaking Bad here I come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Yes yes it is but I have to go into cork first .

Re Harry Potter discussion

I am the devil's advocate. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I've decided that I'm done with Ireland and the lack of work here and want to go to London to work for the summer (have family out there). Has anyone done anything like this before? Like sorting out work before you go somewhere/going there and crossing everything you have that you find work? Any advice would be welcomed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I moved over to London about a month ago. If you want any advice feel free to PM me. It's a great city and I love it so far, expensive though, but if you have family you can stay with then you'll be fine. Loads of places seem to have staff wanted signs around so I'd say finding work wouldn't be too difficult, I already had a job sorted before I came over so not too sure what job hunting is like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Slow Show wrote: »
    I've decided that I'm done with Ireland and the lack of work here and want to go to London to work for the summer (have family out there). Has anyone done anything like this before? Like sorting out work before you go somewhere/going there and crossing everything you have that you find work? Any advice would be welcomed. :)

I went over last year knowing no one but my friend who I went with and his cousin was over there too. Went over, cousins friend sorted us a house, joined the local gaa football team and manager got me a labouring job working in Heathrow. It was pretty slick but the work was very hard. But that probably is irrelevant to you!! Anyways the city is amazing, once you get the hang of the tube you can get around so easily, I'd recommend it to anyone as I can always go back to London now and be able to find my way around as well as anywhere else!

• Advertisement

I'm so bored. I just can't wait till Monday comes and I get the fck home. I'm just hating life right now cause I have no where to live and I'm.fighting with friends and everything is just going wrong. I bought a subway and I can't even eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Ive worked out that if I drink only my naggin tomorrow I will have at minimum consumed 35 units of alcohol in under a week

Thats more than what ive had all year.....combined

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

How many units are in a naggin?

God love my inners and what theyve been drowning in all year..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

deise_girl wrote: »
    How many units are in a naggin?

God love my inners and what theyve been drowning in all year..

About 6, I believe.

An File wrote: »

Is your user name an file(terrible English) or on feela(Irish pronounciation)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is your user name an file(terrible English) or on feela(Irish pronounciation)

Irish pronunciation. :) Sounds like "on fil-leh". Means The Poet.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Your old tagline for your profile doesn't work as well with 'An File'. :pac:

Your old tagline for your profile doesn't work as well with 'An File'. :pac:

That's my new tag-line. ;) I added it so people could hopefully figure out the connection with the old name! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

That's my new tag-line. ;) I added it so people could hopefully figure out the connection with the old name! :D

Did I ever tell you about the last time you did a name change I was wondering for ages where an file went and who that new insect overlord mod was? It got me for a few weeks, back when I was a wee n00b. #c&hmemories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't remember the first time he was An File...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I don't remember the first time he was An File...

It was the ever so grammatically correct An Fhile ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Go to bed!!

/runs away

Go to bed!!

/runs away

Chinny! <3

All we need now is for Randy to post about 80085 at 4:30 in the morning and this place will feel almost like the old days again...

*reminisces*

Ooh! I like 80085! Can I post about them?

Mr o leary is flying with us this morning

Met him once, absolute legend.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ooh! I like 80085! Can I post about them?

The more the merrier! \o/

The more the merrier! \o/

I laughed wayyyyy too much at the article title.
    http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/rosanna-davison-official-wedding-lingerie-photoshoot-1471210-May2014/

'National sweetheart' my arse. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Advertisement

Got my first "bus ****" there

Feeling proud :D

So i was coming down in the car listening to my music. Just wanna point out how great music is. That is all. :P

So ya coming down in the car and im like Everyone needs to know this is my life theme song. I live and die by it. Its just so real! Whats yer theme life song?

So then i was thinking and i came up with a question. How long Does it take to heal after a breakup. I think ive healed that or its just turned into anger. but ive found a few songs that can sum up everything

Start.

and End it off questioning everything

And you will either tell yourself all of this as if you were talking to them because its really what you should do but your unable to let go... for now.

We know its over, were wasting time searching for happier days we know we will never find.

Probably 'Morning Glory' by Oasis.

I love cooking to Oasis blaring.

This forum gets awful philosophical sometimes too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Is a tree smarter when it's alive, or when it's chopped down and turned into encyclopaedias?

Ive been sleeping on coins the padt few days and now I have 5 perfectly circular bruises ony hip as a result

A huk a huk a huk

• Advertisement

Mine is this:

:(

Have you tried Tinder. i joined last night got 6 matches this morning. but im breaking too many hearts in the process. Im sorry guys.

Here i
    share_the_love.png

This = brilliance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Video = No worky

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Closely having a breakdown because I am trying to pretend I am not heartbroken by this breakup and that it doesn't bother me that he doesn't want anything to do with me again

• Advertisement

CTYI, I can't find your post (I'm actually just lazy) but whereabouts are you in Dublin? I'm actually on the border with Kildare, but I'm in court in Dublin tomorrow :D Stick with the course, it sucks but actually working in a firm is AWESOME!!

Closely having a breakdown because I am trying to pretend I am not heartbroken by this breakup and that it doesn't bother me that he doesn't want anything to do with me again

Seriously i feel your pain. HUGS.

Seriously i feel your pain. HUGS.

Being the ultimate Moaning Myrtle at the moment. I hope you're ok too seriously. Breakups suck.

I just know I would have done anything to fix it but he didn't even try whoch makes me sad

HUGS.

You called.......

Ah no.....

Maura

Hes not worth the pain...I know that doesnt seem like it now but youll see in the future hes not worth it if he doesnt want to be with an awesome girl like you :)

Cheer up

And most importantly Hugs from Hugsie :D

I do realise you are probably asking who the hell am I......soz

Maura, if you need a chat message me. Seriously. <3

Being the ultimate Moaning Myrtle at the moment. I hope you're ok too seriously. Breakups suck.

I just know I would have done anything to fix it but he didn't even try whoch makes me sad

Your right too. Yes they do. I know all too well when the other person doesnt try. But my sadness has turned to anger over that fact. Its like one minute were happy. i get picked up at airport. and bam we should break up. my mind is completely blown. what makes no sense is there is no explanation so now i have to wait a few weeks before i can go on the hunt to find these god dam answers. meanwhile im straining my friendship with them. :mad::(:mad:

I may be wrong here as I can't quite recall your previous posts and correct me if I'm wrong here but, is it the case that you both felt at the time that a break up was the right thing to do as it wasn't working but then after the break up when he started ignoring you, that was when you started to be like why didn't he even try to fix things?

I'd also say, when I went through my horrific ordeal last summer, as some here may recall :P , the only way I got through it in the end was by ignoring her completely, I mean 0 contact, for, maybe up to even 3 months. Only by having no contact with her could I realise that I didn't actually need her, and found my independence again. That could be what he needs, and it may be what you need.

But, at the same time, I don't think I have the necessary expertise to give advice in such a situation as everyone is different, so my bad if I'm way off :P

I know I go on about things and I know deep down, it probably is for the best [second long(ish) term relationship in 5 years for both of us].

I am saddened that he just didn't try to make things work, that giving up on us was his solution. Makes me feel like the last year meant nothing to him :mad:

I am going to Lyon for four days as of Friday, so trying to ignore everything and remain happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Love dies and people are weak.

You just need to dust yourself off and keep on keeping on.

Ive decided I need to stop apologising, especially for things where I am nowhere near in the wrong, I need to stop being a push over, Im way too nice for my own good, I need to start looking out for no.1 instead of putting everyone else before me! Ive come to realise Iam in the exact same position in my life that I was when I was 6, some sh1t needs to seriously change

The reason Iv written it down here is cause if I dont tell someone this I wont reinforce it, it makes it more real here, even if all Im telling this to is a handful of strangers on the internet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement