Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Ive decided I need to stop apologising, especially for things where I am nowhere near in the wrong, I need to stop being a push over, Im way too nice for my own good, I need to start looking out for no.1 instead of putting everyone else before me! Ive come to realise Iam in the exact same position in my life that I was when I was 6, some sh1t needs to seriously change

The reason Iv written it down here is cause if I dont tell someone this I wont reinforce it, it makes it more real here, even if all Im telling this to is a handful of strangers on the internet.

According to a study apologising is bad for self esteem, even if you had something to apologise for. I'm actively trying to stop apologising altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

According to a study apologising is bad for self esteem, even if you had something to apologise for. I'm actively trying to stop apologising altogether.

WHY ARE YOU HERE

C and H is no place for a grad

Go back home ya mutt

but jeez would you not atleast say sorry when youre in the wrong

if youre actually in the wrong, acknowledging it to the person you hurt is not going to destroy your self esteem
    it makes you an egotistical pr1ck if you dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

My self esteem is at risk, I am too fragile. Like a fragrant daffodil blowing in the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

WHY ARE YOU HERE

C and H is no place for a grad

Go back home ya mutt

I guess I'll have to fcuk off soon too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oh, you think you can just leave? NOW?

Oh sweet summer child...

:P

Wnolan, or CTYI... lock em up!

Oh, you think you can just leave? NOW?

Oh sweet summer child...

Wnolan, or CTYI... lock em up!

I had to google that to get it. I hate not having enough internet data to watch stuff. :mad:

Ah well.. won't be the case for much longer! :D

pajor wrote: »
    I had to google that to get it. I hate not having enough internet data to watch stuff. :mad:

Ah well.. won't be the case for much longer! :D

I am a hardcore GoT fanatic it's all good. But srsly, get to watchin it! So good :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

LOL, people who think they can leave.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    LOL, people who think they can leave.

:eek:

Some film is springing to mind, but not sure what exactly. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

:eek:

Some film is springing to mind, but not sure what exactly. :pac:

Hunger games?

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Hunger games?

Erm.. I don't think so..

Lads where did yas get your debs/grad suits? Did any of ye get em online?
    And if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for it (including or excluding shoes) ?
    Hungover bed day, may as well look up suits

Lads where did yas get your debs/grad suits? Did any of ye get em online?
    And if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for it (including or excluding shoes) ?
    Hungover bed day, may as well look up suits

Black Tie in Cork. Not too many places for suit hire, so nearly all of us went there.

Was €90 I think.

Which was 4 years ago. I feel old. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I think buying a suit rather than renting is a really worthwhile investment, it feels like there's a suit-up occasion once a month in college. And no one's ever gonna be like 'ermaaahgerd he's worn that same suit like four times now, how embarrassing'. As to where to get this suit and prices, I have no idea.

/female opinion

Love dies and people are weak.

You just need to dust yourself off and keep on keeping on.

Damn Junco, that is dark!

• Advertisement

Black Tie in Cork. Not too many places for suit hire, so nearly all of us went there.

Was €90 I think.

Which was 4 years ago. I feel old. :o

Was gonna buy one but thanks!

I hope to one day own a vast array of suits and it shall be glorious. And by vast array I mean more than 5.

Slow Show wrote: »
    I think buying a suit rather than renting is a really worthwhile investment, it feels like there's a suit-up occasion once a month in college. And no one's ever gonna be like 'ermaaahgerd he's worn that same suit like four times now, how embarrassing'. As to where to get this suit and prices, I have no idea.

/female opinion

I haven't had to wear a suit on any occasion since my grad :pac:

But seriously tho.....I haven't been to anything all year that would require a guy to wear a suit
    ....what do you be at :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I don't know where you are but my boyfriend bought suits recently in Kildare village. He get a French connection one for €150. There were loads of decent ones for similar prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I haven't had to wear a suit on any occasion since my grad :pac:

But seriously tho.....I haven't been to anything all year that would require a guy to wear a suit
    ....what do you be at :P

Ah like there's balls and after-parties and whatnot, once a month is probably a vast over-exaggeration but a lot of the guys I knew in college this year seemed to use any excuse at all to go out wearing a suit. Not complaining tbh, big fan of the suit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

FWIW, I'd say don't buy a suit for your Debs. It's likely going to get destroyed (depending on how your school does Debs, ours was a 13 hour drinking marathon...).

I guess you could buy a cheap ass one that you don't really need to look after, might come in handy for balls at college and stuff, but idk, I wouldn't be spending too much on it really.

I got rented mine for €90 including shoes and some yoke for the girl.

About the only thing about my Debs that I got right... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Buying a suit is probably a good investment all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Damn Junco, that is dark!

Not trying to be dark :p just trying to be brutally supportive.!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

On my way to Lyon at last, detoxing from life. Whooooooo
    Day 1 of travelling down, tomorrow will be the real adventure! Trying to fly to Lyon by myself and making my way to my friends place of work is going to be a real adventure!!!

This is me trying to dust myself off Junco!

Breakups are **** but this is the worst I've ever felt so hence the ongoing drama!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    FWIW, I'd say don't buy a suit for your Debs. It's likely going to get destroyed (depending on how your school does Debs, ours was a 13 hour drinking marathon...).

I guess you could buy a cheap ass one that you don't really need to look after, might come in handy for balls at college and stuff, but idk, I wouldn't be spending too much on it really.

I got rented mine for €90 including shoes and some yoke for the girl.

About the only thing about my Debs that I got right... :(

My debs sucked too bro, it's all good!

My debs sucked too bro, it's all good!

Can I join the sucky debs parade too :D

Aw guys youre getting me all excited......

Aw guys youre getting me all excited......

Mine was only bad cos my gf couldn't go which, at the time, sucked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

What seriously. Who does that. I went to the ex's out of being a pure gentleman. But ya my own one sucked out in the back ass of no where

Jhcx wrote: »
    What seriously. Who does that. I went to the ex's out of being a pure gentleman. But ya my own one sucked out in the back ass of no where

Mine was grand on the night

The following morning pics showed my friends to be liars and backstabbers #girldrama

• Advertisement

Mine was grand on the night

The following morning pics showed my friends to be liars and backstabbers #girldrama

It happens to guys too. :p

Remember kids..

Because of the suit discussion.

There's an HIMYM OST? Oh dear.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Because of the suit discussion.

Barney + singing = ♥♡♥

Why couldnt she go? The girl im taking is in thr gaeltacht on the other side of the country for it so shes leaving the gaeltacht for 3 days to go to my grad and then going back haha

It happens to guys too. :p

Ive heard of it but I only though it was a myth. A legend. Are you telling me guy drama is real o.O

Ive heard of it but I only though it was a myth. A legend. Are you telling me guy drama is real o.O

Oh no, no drama. :pac: Backstabbers and liars is true though. Very true. Thieves too.

Barney + singing = ♥♡♥

The actually video of that in the episode is on YouTube somewhere it makes it so much more epic!!
    Jhcx wrote: »
    Why couldnt she go? The girl im taking is in thr gaeltacht on the other side of the country for it so shes leaving the gaeltacht for 3 days to go to my grad and then going back haha

We wernt allowed to bring dates to ours cos our school is stupid as hell, only our year can go.
    Obviously the gf wanted to go but actually wasn't allowed :P

• Advertisement

We wernt allowed to bring dates to ours cos our school is stupid as hell, only our year can go.
    Obviously the gf wanted to go but actually wasn't allowed :P

Same. Private school. Woo hoo :rolleyes:

Still didn't even go with anyone from in our year. :(

That is ridiculously stupid

LOL, my school didnt have a debs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I tend to focus on the negatives of my Debs... One of my friends getting paralytic to the point where he couldn't stand up under his own strength by the end of the night. A girl bawling her eyes out on my shoulder because her date had shifted some girl in front of everyone in the smoking area. The condescending comment from one of the teachers who showed up to the Lodge (that one still hurts...).

Plus the usual angsty hormonal bullsh*t which still plagues my soul to this day... y'know, the "What if she hadn't been going out with someone at the time..." unanswerable question..

Basically, Debs are wasted on Leaving Certs because you're all f*cking teenagers who don't realise none of it matters. You'll probably see at most (and this is on the high side probably) half of those people again. Even less you'll actively stay in touch with for a while. Even less you'll still call "friends" in a year. If I could go back now, knowing what I know now, it could have been an epic night. But no. Just nothing but a string of what ifs and maybes.

Oh, this post also explains why I have an undying hatred for The Lodge... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

wnolan1992 wrote: »

You'll probably see at most (and this is on the high side probably) half of those people again. Even less you'll actively stay in touch with for a while. Even less you'll still call "friends" in a year.

I think I'm in weekly contact with maybe 2 people from my graduating class of 60 plus people. talk to another 10 or so whenever I go back to Tipperary for visits. Don't think I've spoken to the rest in the 3 years since I've left. :pac:

Lies all lies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Fixed. Love that song

So told my gran about my relationship status. Not impressed to say the least. she wants to see mini me's in the future. Hold up. please slow down im only 21. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I left 5 years ago this year (fúck I'm old) out of the 150 I'd say I'm still very good friends with one person, still in contact with 10 or so but work and stuff makes it difficult to stay in touch the first year or so we all stayed in touch a lot but as people make friends in college, get into relationships and move away most of us drifted apart. We meet for dinner every month or two but that's usually it. The people I would have been best friends for life I haven't spoken to in two years, turns out some people are judgemental when you drop out of college. Although at the moment I'd say I have 4 very close friends and tbh that's enough. Free time is much rarer these days! Enjoy college/school/summer holidays while you can kids!

Out of 50 people in my year, I'm still in contact with zero.

Secondary school was where I was moulded as the person that I am, for the worst. TY was easily the most miserable experience of my life ever. I've kept having awful dreams (not quite nightmares, but close) about school.

I really hate when this sh*t gets raked up in my head every so often. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Since graduting exactly a year ago yesterday, I'm still like best friends with one girl, have had all of two conversations with other people and am fairly friendly with one of the girls who was in the year above us. Our whole TY group just seemed to make no effort and have completely disintegrated. I moved to Dublin for college knowing not a single soul in the city apart from my brother. No wonder I completely broke down last night at the prospects of my summer. One of the lads posted a photo earlier of what was the front door of our apartment building, which my bedroom window was right above, and nearly set me off again. Bleak times ahead. Bleak.

From 1st year onwards we had a group of about 6 lads and I would still consider them to be best friends to this day, even though I don't see them that much, some living like 6 hours away due to college and stuff but while I may not see one or two of them for like 6 months when I do see them it's like nothing has changed. Went through too much **** with them lads to forget about them, even if we do have our different groups now and so on!

Pretty lucky in that regard I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

The prep has began for my 18th. Yis are all invited!

• Advertisement
Advertisement