Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

The prep has began for my 18th. Yis are all invited!

if youre fo real id totz go

like my slang

totz down with the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

HugsiePie wrote: »

like my slang

totz down with the kids

Loike OH EM GEE, it'll be TOTES AMAYZEBAWLLS!!

That is the last time I'll ever talk like that. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I had a thousand in my year, and I speak to two of them. The school I left after third year though, there was 180 in my year and I speak to nobody from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The prep has began for my 18th. Yis are all invited!

like my slang

totz down with the kids
    BAH! 5 years out of school and already I'm out of touch with the youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I went to a psychic yesterday. It's great to have a little closure on the relationship but apparently I handled the breakup wrong. Apparently lot of people are looking to have me. And I'm going to a wedding. That's a bit mad lol.

Just hope it's all true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

"A poor show on the empires side. They all resist"

The last text sent from my phone from 4:25 a.m. Last night.
    Autocorrect once again refusing to play nice with alcohol.

Thats why you

download3_zps8bc75962.jpg

Jhcx wrote: »
    Thats why you never drink and text.

Now I know and knowing is half the battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So I'm watching Vota 2014 on TG4 because RTE aren't covering it until 1pm.

It makes me sad. Irish is such a beautiful language. Just listening to all the different dialects, the cool rhythm to it...

It's sad that so many people actively despise the language because of their experience of it in school. It's sad that most people (including me) will never speak a word of it after that exam, bar the odd line or two when drunk abroad to show off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So I'm watching Vota 2014 on TG4 because RTE aren't covering it until 1pm.

It makes me sad. Irish is such a beautiful language. Just listening to all the different dialects, the cool rhythm to it...

It's sad that so many people actively despise the language because of their experience of it in school. It's sad that most people (including me) will never speak a word of it after that exam, bar the odd line or two when drunk abroad to show off.

I got hit in primary school because I was bad at Irish hence my despising of it which is a pity because while I wish that I could speak it, f*ck Irish. :P

• Advertisement

I got hit in primary school because I was bad at Irish hence my despising of it which is a pity because while I wish that I could speak it, f*ck Irish. :P

Mhm. I get the negative association and all that. But really it's an irrational hate. You should focus the hate on the c*ntwagon that was teaching you, not the subject they were teaching. :P

Like, you never hear people say "Ugh, I hate English!", you'll hear them say "Ugh, I hated English in school because of the poetry!", or "Ugh, my English teacher was a bitch!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Mhm. I get the negative association and all that. But really it's an irrational hate. You should focus the hate on the c*ntwagon that was teaching you, not the subject they were teaching. :P

Like, you never hear people say "Ugh, I hate English!", you'll hear them say "Ugh, I hated English in school because of the poetry!", or "Ugh, my English teacher was a bitch!".

We had a few Irish teachers in secondary school. One who was an absolute legend, one young lady who was.. easy on the eye, a couple of others who were pretty good teachers and really tried and then just one lad who was an unbelievable bollocks.

Not the problem there anyway.

Then again.. what problem? I got a B3 at gnáthleibhéal. :cool:

True but look at it from the point of view of a 10 year old, "I'm gettin bet here cos of Irish, **** Irish." :pac: Woah, I was only 10 ffs.

So, once I hit secondary school I immediately dropped to ordinary level at the first possible moment and basically did the bare minimum for it from thereon.

True but look at it from the point of view of a 10 year old, "I'm gettin bet here cos of Irish, **** Irish." :pac: Woah, I was only 10 ffs.

So, once I hit secondary school I immediately dropped to ordinary level at the first possible moment and basically did the bare minimum for it from thereon.

But you're not 10 now... :pac:

Well now you're being irrational. :P

It's obvious you've never met him, he acts about ten :P

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    It's obvious you've never met him, he acts about ten :P

:O What do you mean?!

While this may be true I don't recall acting that way publicly :P

I'm saying nathin'

what happened to the rest of the playpens

i want to make people feel uncomfortable dagnabbit!

• Advertisement

what happened to the rest of the playpens

i want to make people feel uncomfortable dagnabbit!

Um...

>_>
    <_<

Er...

Someone... um.. sort of... er... forgot...

>_>
    <_<

Um...

>_>
    <_<

Er...

Someone... um.. sort of... er... forgot...

>_>
    <_<

You do one man :D

You do one man :D

Trust me, my life is too boring to sustain a week worth of questions. :P

Seriously though, I will sort the playpens tomorrow.

100%.

Unless I forget. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ahh school chums. Have a group Id chat to occasionally and meet up with on an even rarer occasion, then 2 girls who Id see a fair bit. But those 2 girls I would have regarded as my best friends before this, definitely wouldnt anymore. Not that we had a falling out or anything but I've definitely changed a good bit since going to college and Im happier now with who I am and my new friends etc etc
    It's just sad though coz atleast 1 of the 2 definitely still hasnt realised this and she still tries her hardest but the bond just isnt as strong anymore. Im trying to keep going as normal as possible but its just not as natural and Id say it wont be long before this becomes really evident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

While it did cause me an inordinate amount of hardship over the past 7 weeks, especially one exam which involved reading and analysing sonething like 35 short stories, still.......Irish <3

People don't seem to understand how hurt I get when you say you'll be my friend and then stop being that friend.I take friendship very seriously no matter how close or far we are as friends I value that it's still a friendship. Think it's one of the things that's killing me. It is like having everything you know ripped away from you. I understand friends come and go but don't make me promise on it because I stick with promises and when you break then you may as well stab me with a real knife because the pain might not be as much. I'm not the clingy type of friend. And I do vanish off the face of the earth but I'm always there for a chat always that shoulder to cry on that hand to hold. And I always come back. I don't expect much just a hello even if it's just once a year. �

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Current Den title is good. GG.

Actually can someone explain the den title to me please

Actually can someone explain the den title to me please

Captain nemo reference I think. Although that was 20'000 leagues under the sea so it should be Den-ty

Captain nemo reference I think. Although that was 20'000 leagues under the sea so it should be Den-ty

Had to Google captain nemo

Thank you :D

Yeah but it wasn't my 20,000th post when I changed the title. :P

• Advertisement

Lads, Do ye know of anywhere looking for northside county dublin renter.

I think a girl I know is looking for someone to move in in Santry? I'll have a chat with her if you want

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I think a girl I know is looking for someone to move in in Santry? I'll have a chat with her if you want

Ya sure. It's getting pretty hard now at this stage to find places within price or reasonable build and close to work. Thanks

Counting down the days till I can say I'm sorry

When you're flattered but spoken for, Coppers is actually rather sh1te. :pac:

I should go there sometime...

pajor wrote: »
    When you're flattered but spoken for, Coppers is actually rather sh1te. :pac:

Coppers is only good if you're looking for the shift and quite frankly you have no place in Coppers if you are not looking for the shift :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Never been to Coppers and was asked on a night out in college to go but declined as I feel it's a tad overrated.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Never been to Coppers and was asked on a night out in college to go but declined as I feel it's a tad overrated.

How does one come to that conclusion if you have never been? :P

Coppers is only good if you're looking for the shift and quite frankly you have no place in Coppers if you are not looking for the shift :P

Was staying at a friend's place and he was desperate for the shift off some young wan. :pac:

Didn't really have a choice!

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    Was staying at a friend's place and he was desperate for the shift off some young wan. :pac:

Didn't really have a choice!

JAYSUS

Crazy reason, why would anyone go out to a specific place specifically for ............oh wait

Carbon.....anyone, whos ever been there, ever. :pac:

JAYSUS

Crazy reason, why would anyone go out to a specific place specifically for ............oh wait

Hahaha so true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

JAYSUS

Lol never felt so violated in a public place as Carbon dancefloor, good god.

Please, the smoking area is where the real banter goes down :D It's actually a far less creepy vibe too out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

How does one come to that conclusion if you have never been? :P
    I heard people say its just a shifting zone.

I heard people say its just a shifting zone.

Then what's the dance floor for?

And don't say dancing! :p:D

Lads, yis are reminding me of bad nights there...bad, bad, bad nights.

This is the greatest gif I have ever seen. 6KTwWXe.gif

Ya know what take the whole damn album it is GLORIOUS.

http://imgur.com/gallery/rRhOW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

The whole reputation that Coppers has is a load of nonsense in my opinion. It's not a whole lot different from any other nightclub really, a part from the fact that it's an absolute shithole.

It is a bit easier to score because it opens until later and people are more drunk. Also, it's dark as fuck which is probably a good thing tbh.

Advertisement