Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I've been feelling fairly bored lately. I'm stuck in a very aimless rut . I'm working a job that is solely an income. I have no desire to work in a kitchen forever. Not that I don't enjoy it. Living in Limerick is the happiest I've ever been. I know that I want to go back to school eventually. As of yet though, I am not certain of what I want to go back and do. I'm not willing to waste another course solely because of the social stigma of not being in third level. Until I know; I ain't going back. Through all the hours of pondering I've put into this two possibilities have arisen. Either I emigrate. Go to Canada and work on the oil rigs. My grandad died in April. He was the greatest man I ever knew. He spent his twenties and early thirties walking from building site to building site the length and breadth of Britain. Following the work. A true Navvie. The toughest of the tough. A year on a rig would show me if I'm made of the same iron as him.
    Option two is to join the British Army. See Afghanistan. See combat and maybe make a difference. As much as I disagree with war on an intellectual level. I can't help but feel that my personality was handcrafted for combat. A tour would tell me if I'm right.
    I've never felt so unsure as to what my next step should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Bla bla bla bla bla. Just no more words left just the same thing over and over.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

How long does it take post to deliver within Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

deise_girl wrote: »
    How long does it take post to deliver within Ireland?

Regular post? Prolly a day or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's supposed to take a day. Sometimes it takes two.

I just told the first person (apart from iamanengine) that I'm repeating...*gulp*

Thanks guizzz Hoping that the letter I send Wednesday reaches my bud Friday.. Fingers are crossed

So while not a man of beards. I have come to the decision that i can never get rid of this The Chin Strap Beard. I dont like beards they are not me. but I need this. Without it i dont look as awesome. still awesome but just not at that level. But yes i'll agree when guys have a tidy beard. i'll thumbs up that shiz.

For those of you who say you cant i do apologize. but recommend the The Chin Strap Beard. it doesnt require much

Some of the comments on Fb a priceless ha ha

"Whats the difference between Garth brooks and Germany ?
    Germany can get 5 in a row..."

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I think I am over my ex and that's my thought for the day

One of the guys from work posted a picture on FB of his young son, grasping a sausage with the caption {The Sausage Hunter}.
    Almost choked on my tea as I strolled through my newsfeed.

• Advertisement

This world is so strange. Our minds are so strange. But i guess sitting in a room all day you begin to go a bit simple. I've developed this habit of wanting to tell everyone everything. so hard to stop. The temptation to not put anything on facebook is hard. But wanting to say hello to friends is hard. even if its just once a week. i guess those friendships are dead and i have to once again meet new people.

Anyway just cant wait to get home and start from the beginning with my life. Do my courses and figure out what i really want to do because money doesn't grow on trees

Lads, how do I get concert tickets for a sold out concert for my little sister??
    She was dying to see them and sob story sob story, I really want her to be able to go

Like what tips, websites etc do I look out for??

deise_girl wrote: »
    Lads, how do I get concert tickets for a sold out concert for my little sister??
    She was dying to see them and sob story sob story, I really want her to be able to go

Like what tips, websites etc do I look out for??

Try toutless.ie or adverts.ie, in my experience toutless is pretty good you could try there. But if it's a v high demand gig you could be out of luck :/

Try toutless.ie or adverts.ie, in my experience toutless is pretty good you could try there. But if it's a v high demand gig you could be out of luck :/

Thanks I was looking at adverts, Ill post on toutless now..
    Tbh I didnt think theyd sell out like that at all, totally underestimated the teen-fandom..

Hopefully something comes up.

On a totally separate, unrelated note, anyone who knows of two 5sos tickets for sale the Friday night, a pm in my direction, would be cool :)

5sos? My sister's pretty involved in that bandom on twitter, I'll get her to keep an ear out. I got her a soundcheck ticket for the first show, she's delighted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If there's a Facebook page for the event, it could be worth posting there too. I picked up tickets for two Limerick gigs in the past 18 months from people who saw my requests when they couldn't go to the gigs themselves.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    5sos? My sister's pretty involved in that bandom on twitter, I'll get her to keep an ear out. I got her a soundcheck ticket for the first show, she's delighted.

Yeaaa! Thanks so much, it was just total disorganisation on my part that caused this..
    Worst part is that I actually have a lovely standing ticket for the Thursday that some girls in college got but my sis wasnt able to go that night so we were praying for the Friday, and..

You'll probably see my sister there then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Before I get overwhelmed by searching for it on google; anybody know of good job search sites in the UK?

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    Before I get overwhelmed by searching for it on google; anybody know of good job search sites in the UK?
    http://www.jobs.co.uk/

Sound, was feeling lazy.

Sound, was feeling lazy.

Not the best start to a job search :pac:

Not the best start to a job search :pac:

Probably not. :pac:

If you know how to work on United. There might be an opening lol

I heard about an opening for a highly paid job in Liverpool. I think you just need to be a decent biter.

• Advertisement

I heard about an opening for a highly paid job in Liverpool. I think you just need to be a decent biter.

:confused:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

OHHHH NO YOU DI-INT!

:D

Seriously, that was glorious. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

totoro_and_friends_by_mycks-d7aqzra.jpg

I just feel that this picture needs to be shared with the world

I went for a nap and woke up all weird. like not happy not sad. Just feel quiet lost. Just realized I will be out of a job. Dont know where my future is going. And the search for someone to spend time with is hard.

Just an emotionless ball of thunder

Hup Holland Hup. :D

Not the worse end to a World Cup.

• Advertisement

Hup Holland Hup. :D

Not the worse end to a World Cup.

The Apres Match analysis made that game worth watching. :P

"They were all at sixes and sevens, and he ended up in a cube." :pac:

I shifted a boy for the first time since I broke up with my ex last night and that's my achievement for the day

Can I just say, it really creeps me out when y'all say "boy" in that context?

:P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Can I just say, it really creeps me out when y'all say "boy" in that context?

:P

I didn't know what else to say? Guy? Male?

(I actually hate using "boy" because it seems much younger than "girl" does!)

I didn't know what else to say? Guy? Male?

(I actually hate using "boy" because it seems much younger than "girl" does!)

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :pac:

I thought "guy" was the standard.

Seems to just be you C&H peeps that have started using boy all the time... :P

Boy sounds like you shifted a five year old... :\

I used say "fella" a lot but Ive kinda switched to saying boy too.
    Dunno have I ever said guy...

Lad would be my word of choice.

So what's it for females

Shifted multiple, girls,women, females, ladies?

Ya never use the word boy. Always lad shifted a lad is the correct context. Went out with the guys, lads

For females there's no real equivalent for that post-pubescent/pre-woman stage, so I'd go with girl, because there's no real in-built social connotations to that word skewing it towards really young.

===============

In unrelated news...

Oh. My. Good. God.

I shall attempt to make this either this week, or if I don't get a chance, definitely next week when I have some time off work...

• Advertisement

Jhcx wrote: »
    So what's it for females

Shifted multiple, girls,women, females, ladies?

Ya never use the word boy. Always lad shifted a lad is the correct context. Went out with the guys, lads

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurds. :pac:

Must I teach you young people everything? :rolleyes: :D

Next time I'll use a better word, thanks for the help guyyys

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beors. ;)

I'm now having flashbacks to moving to Galway and some of the lads calling a girl a beour, back before I knew what it meant. Shtupid country shlang.

I'm now having flashbacks to moving to Galway and some of the lads calling a girl a beour, back before I knew what it meant. Shtupid country shlang.

Hey, less o' that now! :P

I am a Dub at heart :P

I am a Dub at heart :P

It started in Cork. Limerick robbed it from them before spreading it north to Clare and Galway. :cool:

Everything cool starts in Cork, moves on to Limerick, and then gradually moves North, perhaps to Sweden or Iceland...

:pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Everything cool starts in Cork, moves on to Limerick, and then gradually moves North, perhaps to Sweden or Iceland...

:pac:

Yup my Family Started in Cork. :pac: So yup everything cool starts in Cork.

For years had this weird thing about cork. But since meeting a few friends down there tis a beautiful county. the hills the valleys, the woodlands.

2.5 weeks left guys and i get to come home

• Advertisement

a9d9yZL_460s.jpg

Advertisement