Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

pajor wrote: »

7ruxCiw.png
    Jhcx wrote: »
    That was seriously fcked up.
    That particular couch gag was directed by Don Hertzfeldt, who you may know him from his Rejected cartoons.

This is obviously more quick and dirty version of his work, as in his shorts he still draws on paper and photographs on film. That doesn't look to be the case with this gag (probably because of him working with the show's animation staff instead of on his own like he usually does).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Riiiight.. the 'my anus is bleeding' guy.

Explains a lot. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Hugsie, STOP DELETING YOUR POSTS (Because many of them are amusing and deserve to be read)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah here, she deleted the one about Don Conroy?

Now I look like a mental up there... :(

I'd love to know Hugsie's true post count... I'm guessing it's somewhere nearer to 6 billion than 10,000... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Hugsie Serious question. why do you delete all your posts ? or the large majority of them?

still think asdf is funnier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

First night back in Limerick after a week in England. Walking home from Tescos past a group of three guys drinking on the street. As I pass them a bottle flies past my head and smashes a few feet ahead of me. It's good to be home :pac:

HugsiePie wrote: »
    You all seem to be under the illusion Im relatively normal

Ill never tell :pac::D

lol thats the funniest thing ive heard lol. Hugsie how long have i been here? how many posts of mine have you read? by this stage do you seriously think im Normal? im on a totally different scale ha ha ha. tbf i dont do normal. i dont like normal. normal is boring, why do you think im here. ya'll will prolly bit my ass off but i dont think anyone here in the den is normal by any standard. Someday you will tell and the only people who will laugh are the normal people but it wont be us cause we'll hug you or you'll hug us.

Happy Birthday Hugsie. Welcome to the team. :pac::D

I think it's a fair assumption, that anyone here is not 'normal'. :pac:

• Advertisement

Does anyone ever feel like they're standing on a crossroads; only to find that somebody has stolen all the roadsigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Does anyone ever feel like they're standing on a crossroads; only to find that somebody has stolen all the roadsigns?

That is precisely how I've been feeling lately, I just didn't know how to put it into words.

Yes.

But to be fair, I live in a rough area so most of the roadsigns don't last too long.

I placed an ad on Donedeal at 10:49pm last night for my Dad to sell his car.

He got a call at 10:51pm, and the car left our yard at 11:50am this morning.

Seriously, a 2002 diesel car with cracked spoiler, cracked bumper, paint chips, filthy interior, broken aircon and broken CD player and it sold in 13 hours?

What the hell guys. :P

But it was a dayyyyyyyyyyysel! :pac:

But it was a dayyyyyyyyyyysel! :pac:

To be fair, twas driving lovely, twas just a mess to look at. :P

And he got five calls in 10 hours, all basically offering full price. :P

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And he got five calls in 10 hours, all basically offering full price. :P

What was it?

What was it?

A Primera FFS. :pac:

A Primera FFS. :pac:

If it was a Passat or a nice old E200 I'd get it.. but..

Only in Ireland a dayyysel Primera would sell like hot cakes. :pac:

Nothing at all wrong with diesel! Especially the green variety.

Nothing at all wrong with diesel! Especially the green variety.

Nothing at all. It's just a trifle amusing how da boys have gone Civics to Golf and A4 TDayyyye. Dump valves etc etc :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

My dad will only buy diesal cars now he lurrrrves them

Hi, someone buy me a car please

Durty deysal ftw. My audi sounds like a truck but I love it. It roars

HugsiePie wrote: »
    By jeepers Im drunk and my family knows (including distant relatives) why can I only drink vodka straight, I have to start and finish an assignment now, wish me luck :D

MY TOLERANCE HAS GONE TO ABSOLUTE SHÍT

(On the bright side I save money :D)

I would love to see this assignment when complete....

So im a bit curious. i like following star signs but im beginning to wonder is it getting out of hand.. since when did Aquarius become perfect... anyone else believe.

10533737_10152425948582670_7728571162057819007_n.jpg?oh=e8a3c7c7e2af0884d4c20080431255cc&oe=54CAF06C

Charming? I'm smooth as silk. :cool:

That's totally inaccurate! I mean I'm a Leo and I'm.... not....

Hmmmm.....

Sorry, got distracted by the nekkid lady on my second screen.

What was I saying?

Oh yeah, star signs. I think they're just a bit of fun. Like, they're complete nonsense if you look at them objectively. I mean, people read the horoscope and say "OMG, how was that so accurate?" Well, it's accurate because a) it's vague as hell, b) because the stuff they say is probably going to happen you at some point during a month and c) you're ignoring the millions of other people who probably read it and though "Eh... no."

Very true like a lot of it is probably pure nonsense but lot of it can be true specially if you read it daily but then sometimes it does not apply to you as rightly so there are a million other people sharing the same sign. but when it comes to the romantic side of things a lot adds up but no one is perfect.

You should check out the Briggs personality tests bit more rooted in science than astrology. Can be scarily accurate too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Truisms are good for that kind of thing, in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

It's official. My enjoyment of going out to clubs has ceased at the ripe age of 19. When did this premature ageing happen? :(

Now, where did I leave my knitting?

• Advertisement

It's official. My enjoyment of going out to clubs has ceased at the ripe age of 19. When did this premature ageing happen? :(

Now, where did I leave my knitting?

To be fair, clubs are the most awful places on the planet with the possible exception of a room filled with Ebola patients.

Too soon?

You're not the only one. I much prefer to just go to a pub and drink myself under the table. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Not loving my nights out as much this year either tbh (Also since turning 19)
    Sad times
    And I drank 50cl of vodka one night last week, I dont think I can drink anymore of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

QcfHBOiyZl2Du.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

To be fair, clubs are the most awful places on the planet with the possible exception of a room filled with Ebola patients.

Too soon?

Well, you wouldn't be telling a lie, anyway :pac:
    Nonsense

Youre just in need of more vodka :cool:

Hugsie, you could definitely be on to something, but I keep getting elbowed in the head cos I'm small and I mightn't be able to dodge them if I was any more inebriated :D

At least I know I'm not alone in my cranky-old-womanliness. I'll take anything else; party, pub crawl, box social, Japanese tea ceremony, I'll not be a recluse, mind :P

Playing with the new Ubuntu, for an xp upgrade. feel like a kid at
    Christmas

really like it but still love my windows 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Playing with the new Ubuntu, for an xp upgrade. feel like a kid at
    Christmas

really like it but still love my windows 7.
    New Ubuntu? does anybody still use Ubuntu lol..

loads of people use Ubuntu just updated to 14.04. and are targeting xp users cause all the certificates are expiring and when its free why would you not.

loads of people use Ubuntu just updated to 14.04. and are targeting xp users cause all the certificates are expiring and when its free why would you not.
    I see and I wouldn't design websites or program on the Ubuntu interface but for browsing and stuff I wouldn't mind it.

• Advertisement

To be fair i like its layout looks neat and simple but id miss windows born and raised. but look the business only use chrome and xp is slowly but surely dying before our eyes taking upto 2 minutes to start chrome. think its time to more on.

To be fair i like its layout looks neat and simple but id miss windows born and raised. but look the business only use chrome and xp is slowly but surely dying before our eyes taking upto 2 minutes to start chrome. think its time to more on.
    Indeed as XP is not supported by Microsoft anymore it makes sense to move onto an OS that is being updated and reliable.

Linux Mint is nice. I've that as my Linux OS on one of my laptops for college work.

Fedora on the other hand... well, Fedora can die in a fire.

Or else try Red Star OS.

It was designed by the Supreme Leader himself. :pac:

(I know nothing about Linux..)

So passionate.

Fun fact just learned. I enjoy talking to my friends than having the same conversation with a stranger.

• Advertisement

My name is J and I'm an alcoholic. OK not yet but it runs in the family and with life just seeming ever so hard just looks so easy to turn to the bottle. I'm sitting here on the edge of the bed the vodka and seven up is staring at me. Headphones are in to try and drown out the temptation. But the longer I leave it the more I crave it. Last drink was 31st August. Tbf I'd take driving and music over drinking any day but moments like now just seems so easy to give up my low paying job, my ambitions to be nothing, and go out on the piss, have sex and just forget the world ever existed. I'm not an alcoholic but definitely walking that way.

Da hell is a Dermatologist anyway. what happened to the doctor and dentist. have to go there tomoro. again. grr

Da hell is a Dermatologist anyway. what happened to the doctor and dentist. have to go there tomoro. again. grr

Skin doctor.

Went to one last week about my eczema which I've had since birth. Am already experiencing massive improvement. Less itchy so sleeping better, which was a big problem recently. Fúcking expensive but so worth it. :)

Trying to create a Gantt chart in excel, and it keeps putting the start date on the Y-Axis as July 2014 instead of October 2014. I have no idea where it's getting that figure from...

Trying to create a Gantt chart in excel, and it keeps putting the start date on the Y-Axis as July 2014 instead of October 2014. I have no idea where it's getting that figure from...
    I found this video helpful when doing Gantt charts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdsjVN3du78&list=UUjXUIvMeiEUna3KTQtYmScA

• Advertisement
Advertisement