Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I've been knocking around, under various guises, since 2008. Jaysus. It's a bit mad to think of all the stuff that's happened in my life in the last 6 years and yet some things always remain, albeit changed somewhat. Good ol' Boards, where would we be without ya! (Don't answer that.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I saw BN biscuits in Dunnes yesterday...BNBNBNBNBN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    BNBNBNBNBN!
    du doo du doo doo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I saw BN biscuits in Dunnes yesterday...BNBNBNBNBN!

Been there for months and in tescos too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Seriously filling out the interest section in my CV is REALLY tough.....

Glad that I'm not the only one. :pac:

• Advertisement

dont even know if mine are real things lol

interestsandhobbies_zps54dfc60c.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Socializing is one of those things that most people would advise you to leave out of your CV. It usually implies going on the lash!

An File wrote: »
    Socializing is one of those things that most people would advise you to leave out of your CV. It usually implies going on the lash!

We were told that in college too.

As long as you can actually explain them all if asked in an interview, neat.

I am baffled by properties though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I wouldn't mention this particular "sport" tbh. :pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Macavity. wrote: »
    I wouldn't mention this particular "sport" tbh. :pac: :P

shhhhhhhhhhh

>.>

I had like literally nothing else to write

oh keep in mind i was applying for a job in a nightclub

yep

I was that stuck-we all know nightclubs love _____players

• Advertisement

Well socializing for me is interacting with monkeys, and customers lol so bad. As a good human i dont really get to drink. I like meeting new people and helping friends over come the obstacles of life that the world throws at them. i gots your back you gots mines.

Property, well i studied Actioneering Valuations and real Estate. plus i like walking in and out of peoples houses being nosy

It's Saturday night and I have a rare weekend off. I had all these plans to be sociable. I Was gonna rally a posse and head to town.
    Pizza and Netflix; amidst a cloud of smoke, have turned all these plans into a bridge too far for Junco and the allies . Gonna spend another night being wonderfully apathetic.
    Who needs a social life. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It's Saturday night and I have a rare weekend off. I had all these plans to be sociable. I Was gonna rally a posse and head to town.
    Pizza and Netflix; amidst a cloud of smoke, have turned all these plans into a bridge too far for Junco and the allies . Gonna spend another night being wonderfully apathetic.
    Who needs a social life. :pac:

If you add Arcade Fire's Neon Bible into the mix I had an eerily similar night. Having Netflix on a smart tv is killer.

If you add Arcade Fire's Neon Bible into the mix I had an eerily similar night. Having Netflix on a smart tv is killer.
    I turned
    On frys planet word and the English language rocked me off to sleep. Netflix is like an opiate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Well, I feel like an untalented and uncoordinated sh*tebag now...

Welcome to da club!!!!

No refreshments provided as none of us posses any hobbies, such as baking. :cool:

Lack of musical talent has never been a major concern of mine. I seriously need some kind of hobby. Never mind that it's a good CV filler, I need something more constructive to do for this period of unemployment. :P

And unfortunately baking makes me fat. :pac:

So my mam gave me a crapton of clothes that she was getting rid of. I FIT INTO CLOTHES THREE SIZES SMALLER THAN ME! This is a major, major achievement.

did anyone else have issues upgrading itunes to the 64 setup? i had to uninstall the application and download manually

Jhcx wrote: »
    did anyone else have issues upgrading itunes to the 64 setup? i had to uninstall the application and download manually

Just ran the Apple Software Update programme and it installed no problem after restarting.

Got a new layout and the logo is now red. Woohoooooooooo. :pac:

Kept saying wasnt allowed links were missing

• Advertisement

Like file not found?

shortcut path not found log in as administrator

Sitting here at 8 in the morning. Debating with myself about whether to wear to wear a red shirt or blue shirt to work. Solely based on which workstation will offer the most easy day having potential . A red day today I think. It's through these Lovecraftian struggles in the mornings that I've finally realised, just how truly dull my life has become.

I'm afraid to update iTunes. Last time I did it deleted all my podcasts and it took like a week to put things back together from backups. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

SharePod is a nifty little program if you have an iPod but dislike using/don't use iTunes. I have an old version of it but I assume it still works in the same way - makes putting music onto your iPod, backing it up or giving other people your iTunes library a breeze. A veritable breeze, I tells ya.

I'm the same with updating my iTunes. I won't update until I'm forced to. (And I'm so old I remember when the itunes logo was green!)

(And I'm so old I remember when the itunes logo was green!)

I do remember cursing loudly at Apple when they changed it alright. :pac:

I think the first iTunes I used was 7.x in '07 or something. Back when my dl speed was around 3kbps... simpler times. Now my download speed is almost a steady 30kbps.

I'm not joking. :(

I actually think iTunes has improved immensely since 10.0. It used to run like such a pig but now it's really rather smooth.

The new update is actually really good imo. It has a nice new interface and runs a lot smoother :)

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to update iTunes. Last time I did it deleted all my podcasts and it took like a week to put things back together from backups. :\

This one is actually much better. Bit improvement. as stated I had to uninstall v11 when I installed this one it already had me signed in, library upto date asked me for nothing. I always keep a back up of my music on its own harddrive and some server in America I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

1920033_10152898535166840_1066021911739338073_n.jpg?oh=5af268f341ac944a301f161410b83b8e&oe=551F1A2B

Playing gta with my brother. He runs in a store to rob it and immediately blows the cashier away with a shotgun He turns to me and says.

"That's what's going to happen to you at work one of these days".

:O
    I think my brother is the omen.

Sidebar - Does anyone recall that Stephen Fry quote where he's talking about people who get offended? It's a gud'un.

offended.jpg

It's what this thread is for. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jesus I love that quote so much, I swear people do think they become superior if they can find anyway of being offended by something or other..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

It's a fantastic quote, so true as well.

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    It's what this thread is for. :pac:

Kudos on finding it, it's a quote that get's better every time I see it!

I don't know what the hell has come over me. But I think this lifestyle changes is really impacting on me and now.... I want to have a child. A baby that with hold my finger, a child that will call me to protect them, to hold and love them. Another person that will be my family

I like abba and their songs but listening to them and dubstep. I'm choosing dubstep it's more relaxing than take a chance take a chance take a chance chance . The other song too is take a chance take a but I'll take a chance and fall asleep to dubstep than high pitch 70's

What's going on with everyone needing cuddles or am I just so cuddly everyone's gonna die?

Like do the lads here of C&H look for cuddles? Seems to be turning into a fashion. I swear I'm only flesh and bone yet told I'm so cuddly wtf?

Ever since my uncle's wife's funeral in June I can't stand Abba. They played 'Fernando' when we were walking out of the church. :o

But I fecking love cuddles with my gf. Makes me feel.. whole or something. And spooning inevitably leads to forking. :pac: :D

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    And spooning inevitably leads to forking. :pac: :D
    wish I had some cutlery
    :p

I wish i just had some food

Ive been living off coffee and eggs for 3 weeks

You can do lots of things with eggs.
    Mix it up! :p
    Coffee not so much

Dealz do deal 2 loaf's of bread for 3€

Stop buying eggs and coffee and buy something different then... :P

Make omelettes with ham cheese and chorizo :D

But that means trekking down to aldi......i can just buy eggs at the centea across from college like

Yes my laziness is now preventing me from eating a normal diet
    mehhhhh

Yeah I buy a chicken roll in that centra almost everyday out of sheer laziness :D

How is the centra still in business if all it sells is coffee and eggs...

:P

Possibly doing a day trip to Birmingham next year to look at studying medicine. NBD, NBD.

But that means trekking down to aldi......i can just buy eggs at the centea across from college like

Yes my laziness is now preventing me from eating a normal diet
    mehhhhh

By some fillets and breadcrumbs. Whisk an egg. Dip the fillet in the egg and then the breading. Et voila. Eggs used in new tasty way.

I went into town today specifically to buy face cloths from Guineys. I have become so domestic. :O

• Advertisement
Advertisement