Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Anyone going to mockingjay tomorrow?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Whats the difference between a snack box and a dinner box??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

deise_girl wrote: »

I always thought they were the same thing just different portion size (dinner box being larger).

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I always thought they were the same thing just different portion size (dinner box being larger).

Is it? I dont know??
    And what kind of chicken is in a dinner box?

Amazing when my idea of branching out in TakeAways involves getting a dinner box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I discovered the difference in my local chipper last year in college. Snack box was a load of food for one person, but you could have fed a small army with the dinner box.

Is it? I dont know??
    And what kind of chicken is in a dinner box?

Amazing when my idea of branching out in TakeAways involves getting a dinner box

I haven't had either in years, but isn't it usually a leg?

I haven't had either in years, but isn't it usually a leg?

And/or drumsticks.

Quite the connoisseur. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I never understood the dinnerbox/ lunchbox difference. Never no what I'm asking fir in different chippers

And like this is a lovely treat for myself.. Would I have enough chips within that portion or should I get more/something else?

Aww I really want a burrito tbh but there is none :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And like this is a lovely treat for myself.. Would I have enough chips within that portion or should I get more/something else?

I am really very tempted to get a burrito this evening! If it all works out, thank you for the idea! :)

An File wrote: »
    I am really very tempted to get a burrito this evening! If it all works out, thank you for the idea! :)

Buy 2 and send one to Maynooth :(

I've never had a burrito. I feel like I've missed out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pop into Badass Burritos on Catherine Street sometime in Limerick. Ignore all the silly complaints about it on the Limerick forum. It's awesome.

Pop into Badass Burritos on Catherine Street sometime in Limerick. Ignore all the silly complaints about it on the Limerick forum. It's awesome.
    Oh they just moved? I thought they were gone. Speaking of I wanna try the sushi place that's in there now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The only place worth going for burritos in Ireland is boojum. If in a disaster, pablo picantes is an acceptable substitute.

I've been in London over 6 months now and have yet to find somewhere as nice as boojum :'(

• Advertisement

Woah woah hold up there is a major difference between a snack box and a dinner box. One is you get extra fries two it's bigger, 3 it contains more chicken thsn than snack box upto two extra whole pieces and four the chicken contains more meat and 5 you have the choices of an extra breast,drumstick or wing.

I feel like some chicken now. Hillbillys where are ya

Jhcx wrote: »
    Woah woah hold up there is a major difference between a snack box and a dinner box. One is you get extra fries two it's bigger, 3 it contains more chicken thsn than snack box upto two extra whole pieces and four the chicken contains more meat and 5 you have the choices of an extra breast,drumstick or wing.

I feel like some chicken now. Hillbillys where are ya

Why are we thinking small. A bucket makes a minnow of the snackbox

Ignore IO and his shameless shilling for Badass. Casa De Burritos. It'll change your life.

It's really hard to be disciplined and cook when there are so many top notch munch spots in town.

Everydays a struggle :pac:

I've already had my dinner, but I've convinced myself that a Chinese takeaway tomorrow is a rational and sensible idea. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ignore IO and his shameless shilling for Badass. Casa De Burritos. It'll change your life.

I haven't been in there yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Feck Boards Beers, let's go for burritos in Limerick! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Feck Boards Beers, let's go for burritos in Limerick! :D

That would be fantastic. Can we actually? I need to see if either of these places compare to my beloved boojum.

gotz ma chicken biatches

Got mah Chinese. T'was lush.

pajor wrote: »
    Got mah Chinese. T'was lush.
    Taco chips for me nom.

Taco chips for me nom.

I had a pizza from the pizza place that's opened up in the student village where I live earlier, and I'm having a garlic+cheese chip from Supermacs later on for the long drive home.

Sidebar: The fact that that pizza place is literally a 30 second walk away and that they do a pizza+chips+can of drink for €7 is both a blessing and a curse...

I had a pizza from the pizza place that's opened up in the student village where I live earlier, and I'm having a garlic+cheese chip from Supermacs later on for the long drive home.

Sidebar: The fact that that pizza place is literally a 30 second walk away and that they do a pizza+chips+can of drink for €7 is both a blessing and a curse...

Is that dromroe pizza place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I had 2 packets of skittles, m and ms, and a packet of chicatees

I think we all know who the winner here is
    :cool:

Diabetes.
    Diabetes is the winner. :pac:

If I don't break up with lucozade soon I'll be in the diabetes boat too.

Is that dromroe pizza place

Aye.

Beautiful pizza in fairness. :)

• Advertisement

Pizza makes me so sick after I have it. But I love it. Why do the things we love hurt us so?

Pizza makes me so sick after I have it. But I love it. Why do the things we love hurt us so?

Pizza makes you sick? What are you eatin?

Pizza makes you sick? What are you eatin?

Eating lots of bread just doesn't agree with my digestive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

This is just begging to be posted.

b750e62cac18432cb11ebd69cf92c1fbd63b4467445dae17696c27026d302cba.jpg

Thats a tough life to live

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I live about a 10 minute walk away from Boojum in Galway, the King of all the foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I pass by boojum most days. Never been there.

Macavity. wrote: »
    I pass by boojum most days. Never been there.

It's unreal. But if you have a burrito for lunch, you won't need a dinner! They fill you up.

It's unreal. But if you have a burrito for lunch, you won't need a dinner! They fill you up.

I think I'm put off by the menu system, it seems to have "steps" and stuff. It's also always packed. I'll probably give it a go next week just to see. Will report back.

• Advertisement

I had to get D4rk Onion (the Cat Mod for Education on Boards) to teach me how to order in Boojum. :pac:

I need someone to teach me how to order in Subway. It confuses and baffles me so much that I've eaten there once about four years ago and haven't gone back... :o

I need someone to teach me how to order in Subway. It confuses and baffles me so much that I've eaten there once about four years ago and haven't gone back... :o

Pick your bread. Then your meat. Then decide if you want cheese on it and the whole lot toasted. The salads, then sauce.

Then get a cookie. Always get a cookie.

But what bread do I want?!

They have like six trillion kinds!

I'm a simple country boy. When I was growing up your choices were brown or white, none of this fancy sh*te!

Monterey Cheddar used to be my favourite, but none of the Subway places in Limerick do it any more. :(
    Italian Herbs & Cheese does the trick instead this days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

But what bread do I want?!

They have like six trillion kinds!

I'm a simple country boy. When I was growing up your choices were brown or white, none of this fancy sh*te!

I was the same. I just get the 9 Grain wheat cos it's fairly simple.

• Advertisement

Hearty Italian.

Italian Herbs and Cheese, turkey and ham, plain cheese, toasted, letticue, red onion, sweetcorn, mayonnaise
    And then you try and keep some self control once you taste

Foot long Sub of the Day.. whatever that may be. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Boojum - White wrap, burrito, no beans, mexican rice, shredded chicken, spiciest salsa, cheese, sour cream...can of coke on the side...oh sweet jesus.

And that ladies and Gentlemen how imanengine was no more

• Advertisement
Advertisement