Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Im afraid this is me :/

What's a Radiohead? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I didn't say I didn't like Blink 182. On the contrary, I really like their music. But it's undeniably aimed at angsty as hell teenagers. :P

iamanengine, how old were you the summer before last? I was under the impression that you were younger than me, but clearly you must be a grizzled old man if you weren't a teenager then...

TROLOLOLOLOL :pac:

Well...ok, I may have been 19...damn you :P

But that's a far reach from the 15/16 year old angsty phase surely...why wnolan I'll have you know I am mature and learned beyond my years :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

pajor wrote: »
    What's a Radiohead? :pac:

I THINK its like a pot head but instead of smoking pot all the time a radio head likes radios alot

Pretty sure Im right tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Radiohead never really had the effect on me that they seem to have on a lot of people. They'Re like Nirvana in that regard I guess. I know they are the big bands I'm supposed to worship but I just can't bring myself to care all that much.I never really was an angsty teenager though. I guess that's why. Political music always drew me more at 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I got into Radiohead when I was 15 doing my Junior Cert lol which in fairness was the absolute height of my teenage angstiness but still. :pac: I remember what kicked it off was hearing Talk Show Host on Romeo & Juliet and then going home to listen to more. I remember that weekend I stumbled on this video and was absolutely blown away and four years later it's still one of my favourite things ever. It's not depressing, it's a f*cking chooooooooon. Imagine being there. If they don't tour again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I was angsty as f*ck (still am :P), but I think I took refuge in upbeat pop music in order to make myself feel better, as opposed to listening to depressing stuff.

I was a really angsty kid , and just a disaster teen...

However while yee were all getting really into music, I was getting really into food

Mmmmmmmmmmm, food

I failed to mention I was stuffing my face full of Dairy Milk while I was listening to the S-Club discography on repeat.

I was a really angsty kid , and just a disaster teen...

So was I. It's why I'm seeing a counselor now.

If I can't joke about it, then what can I do? :pac:

You know how every generation thinks their music is the best?

Well I found this on YouTube this morning:
    I want to cry becouse I know that my childhoow was da best!But Crazy frog was my favourite but now he is not active ;/ 2014 childrens didint know waht is the Carzy frog...Becouse there isnt new crazy frog videos ;/ I want that Crazy frog do a new songs and videos!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They is not troooooolling, they's just Boxxy! ^_^.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Slow Show wrote: »
    I got into Radiohead when I was 15 doing my Junior Cert lol which in fairness was the absolute height of my teenage angstiness but still. :pac: I remember what kicked it off was hearing Talk Show Host on Romeo & Juliet and then going home to listen to more. I remember that weekend I stumbled on this video and was absolutely blown away and four years later it's still one of my favourite things ever. It's not depressing, it's a f*cking chooooooooon. Imagine being there. If they don't tour again...

Sweet Jesus that is epic :eek: Need to see them live...
    Radiohead never really had the effect on me that they seem to have on a lot of people. They'Re like Nirvana in that regard I guess. I know they are the big bands I'm supposed to worship but I just can't bring myself to care all that much.I never really was an angsty teenager though. I guess that's why. Political music always drew me more at 14.

Re: Nirvana (who I admittedly love), they're MTV Unplugged is something special. Check out this Bowie cover they did!

Gotta love Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Gotta love Parcel Motel.

They own my soul :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

They own my soul :(
    Didn't Pazuzu save yours a couple of of times, Professey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

i musta been the only non angsty lad here?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jhcx wrote: »
    i musta been the only non angsty lad here?

Pretty much. I walked home from town tonight thinking about some of the things I wish I could say to some of the people I used to be close to.

That's pretty fucking angsty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I find that opening up doesn't really help me very much.

An File wrote: »
    Pretty much. I walked home from town tonight thinking about some of the things I wish I could say to some of the people I used to be close to.

I do that on a daily basis anyway. my opinions should be heard so they can avoid making the same mistake twice

Not sure if serious... O_o

Just link the "Gaaaaaayyyy" 10 hour video.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Boo

An File wrote: »

I spend most of my walks home from work worrying whether people think I'm following them when our routes match for more than a couple of hundred meters. Ten feet gap of awkwardness.

I watched Interstellar tonight. I thought it was fantastic, very moving at times. Wouldn't be a huge Nolan fan and I hated Inception, so I was pleasantly surprised.

What in the name of jaysus do I get my grandmother for Christmas? :eek:

She won't want plants/flowers, she won't want sweets, she doesn't really read...

Argh I really despise this aspect of this holiday. I've said it before and I'll say it again, can't we all just sit around and have a meal without the need for all this gift giving sh*te?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

She won't want plants/flowers, she won't want sweets, she doesn't really read...

Argh I really despise this aspect of this holiday. I've said it before and I'll say it again, can't we all just sit around and have a meal without the need for all this gift giving sh*te?

No coz I like getting gifts :(

How about a blanket or scarf or something?

Also you like baking, bake this for Christmas http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Velvet-Cake-I/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&scale=12&ismetric=0

deise_girl wrote: »
    No coz I like getting gifts :(

How about a blanket or scarf or something?

Also you like baking, bake this for Christmas http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Velvet-Cake-I/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&scale=12&ismetric=0

I think I might actualy make a basket of different cookies for her... That could work...
    I've found recipes for Candy Canes and Gingerbread Men so maybe a third recipe in the shape of a Christmas tree or some sh*te...

Or better yet, I could combine this idea with Hugsie's and make a gingerbread rosary beads... :pac:

I think I might actualy make a basket of different cookies for her... That could work...
    I've found recipes for Candy Canes and Gingerbread Men so maybe a third recipe in the shape of a Christmas tree or some sh*te...

Or better yet, I could combine this idea with Hugsie's and make a gingerbread rosary beads... :pac:
    Now theres an idea!

Quit college and head straight to dragons den with that one!

I've always been under the misconception that those who can shop online must be very wealthy off because I imagine them buying lots of stuff.

But it's true though to be able to shop online you need Internet and good majority still don't have access to it.

I've always been under the misconception that those who can shop online must be very wealthy off because I imagine them buying lots of stuff.

But but shopping online is usually cheaper..

• Advertisement

But but shopping online is usually cheaper..

Sometimes. But I just like expensive stuff they don't sell in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yankee Candle. Always yankee candle

I like gifts. Especially giving them. Doesnt have to be big or even at christmas. Just nice to show people you were thinking about them

Just loving instagram the likes are awesome

Yankee Candle. Always yankee candle

My sister had the Clean Cotton one before. Smelled so fúcking good.

Has anyone seen those coca cola bikes that have popped up in Limerick? Think they're in the other cities as well. Cool idea.

Has anyone seen those coca cola bikes that have popped up in Limerick? Think they're in the other cities as well. Cool idea.

Never even heard of them unless your talking about the white tricycles

• Advertisement

Never even heard of them unless your talking about the white tricycles
    its like a bikes to go thing. There's a pile of bikes down near Bentley's. Think it's a phone app thing. You set up an account and if you need a bike you just go to the bike rack and take it for as long as you need.

The dublinbikes have been around for a few years now. Never used one in the 4 years I was in college there though. Didn't have a death wish. :pac:

The new stations are popping up around the place here in Cork now too.

Limericks resident population of thieves must be licking their lips.

Limericks resident population of thieves must be licking their lips.

The same was thought before the Dublin scheme was launched, but very few have gone missing over the years. The bikes are too identifiable, for one thing.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I love you, Hugsie. I'll delete them for you, don't you worry about that mean other mod (remember lads, vote early and often for best Mod for the Jizzlers :L)

Ive decided to bump up this post just in time for the Jizzlers

I have an exam tomorrow :pac:

• Advertisement

Ive decided to bump up this post just in time for the Jizzlers

I have an exam tomorrow :pac:

And Hugsie was never heard from again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

We all know who she loves :L

Aoibheann is an absolute hero. One of the essential characters in the story of C&H. She doesn't post much these days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Honorary post about how I remember everyone (although Jizzler was before my time in fairness) and have been here for far longer than is necessary. Also I went to see Interstellar tonight and it has changed my life.

"STAY! STAY!!" :( Such a great scene.
    I had thought for a brief moment that the film was going to end there, meaning he was just going to be trapped there for eternity, reliving that moment over and over again.

Awww guys

Yes its true, I have a favourite mod, I mean it should be obvious, like theyre here everyday all the time, always playful and witty but also with a tough love approach when needed. Sure I chat to them nearly everyday on here, I think theyre the best mod C&H, no, BOARDS has ever seen, maybe the best mod in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!! I really think their talents and efforets go unappreciated around here....so heres to you............Aoibheann, I love you!!!!!!!!!!

(On a more serious note, who is Aoibheann?)

See CTYI? I told you you couldn't trust the plebs. They'll only break your heart. :(

Viva la resistance!

The revolution will be televised on C&H. :P

Is there anything quite like the guilty pleasure you get sitting on a bus as it pulls away and seeing people running for it in the rain but not quite making it?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

anyone know what time the grant money is paid into your account? Getting paid tomorrow and i owe a few dollas

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

LoveLamps wrote: »
    anyone know what time the grant money is paid into your account? Getting paid tomorrow and i owe a few dollas

The grant isnt due till the 19th?
    I normally get mine around midnight but I know that some peoples dont go into until 3am or so

• Advertisement
Advertisement