Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just started taking Wheatgrass powder, it's absolutely disgusting but damn, all those nutrients!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Anyone know the basics of going about getting a J1? Even what the official website is? Don't know where to begin...is USIT the main one?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

USIT or SAYIT are the two main ones. USIT have a good few offices throughout the country so you could call in and ask for their advice.

I organised my J1 last year through USIT and when we (and lots of others) ran into issues with housing USIT were pretty helpful, they sent people over to try and sort everything out and were in constant contact with us. Those in our group with SAYIT found them unhelpful in helping to solve the problem.

I wouldn't be one to go for that 'New Year, New Me' bs usually, but really does feel like it. Moved into new house in a new town today.

F*ckin weird is what it is really.

But yeah.. Happy New Year to y'all. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

HAPPY 2015 YALL

new-years-meme.jpg

I was wondering when somebody would produce one of those pictures. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I went to bed at about 11:30 last night.

I'm well metal me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I went to bed at 7am...well, to armchair. I'm far too exhausted right now

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I went to bed at 7.30 am

I wasnt out or anything, I was watching power rangers :pac:

Please tell me it was Time Force! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

First day off of 2015. Feels a lot like they did in 2014. It's five pm and I'm still in a cocooned state. Maybe if I share enough of my facebook friends' New Years chain posts I'll be able to summon enough New Years Me energy to make myself a cup of coffee and start my way to being productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

everytime I make a New Years resolution I fail at it so I'm making none this year and seeing how my life goes.

Heard Kanye West's new song the other day on 2FM. As the presenter said (can't remember his name) 'that plonker'. Putting it mildly.

Anyway.. I lost another bit of faith in humanity when he was reading out tweets about the song. The number of people (Americans) who don't know who Paul McCartney is, is just.. something. Lauding Kanye for shining light on a new talent. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

There's just a lot of ejits in the world notably America, anyway not getting bogged down in that

The Beatles were 40 years ago guys. Let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

ezgif-1900898533_zps1isxjc9w.gif

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The Beatles were 40 45 years ago guys. Let it go.

Don't you dare get that song stuck in my head Hugsie. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hands up if you've never seen 'Frozen'! :D

o/

pajor wrote: »
    Don't you dare get that song stuck in my head Hugsie. :mad:

Blame wnolan......he started it....dont click play and youll be grand.....

<snip, I decided it was too cruel :pac:>

Controversial opinion time-Frozen is overrated :pac::o

\O

The Beatles were 40 years ago guys. Let it go.

No. I refuse to accept this as a justification for people saying "Omg, I don't know who Paul McCartney but Kanye just gave this guy a career"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad:

I just have to hear those 3 words and it's in my head for the rest of the day. Haven't even seen it.

Gf and myself are planning on it soon though. To see what all the fuss is about. :pac:

In 40 years, Harry Styles will collaborate with Bleep-Bloop-XJ6 and all the kids then will be saying "Aw cool! We haven't seen an actual human singer in a while! So nice of Bleep-Bloop to include a fading relic in his new song.", and all the people who don't know who McCartney is now will be up in arms. And the cycle shall continue until the end of time.

• Advertisement

Yes.. but.. Harry Styles is shíte now and still will be in 40 years time. :p

pajor wrote: »
    Yes.. but.. Harry Styles is shíte now and still will be in 40 years time. :p

I submit to you that The Beatles were sh*te 40 years ago and still are.

So the outrage is exactly the same then?

Trololo!

Yes! Rabble rabble rabble! :mad:

I wouldn't be a Beatles fan, wouldn't say they were shíte though.

Trolling mods, tut tut. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

<3 you forever Hazza, never forget that.

I have never seen Frozen

How can NONE of you have seen frozen....I can't discuss my controversial opinion (controversial as everyone I divulge this opinion to generally replies with a gasp and a "I cant even" .....I need less basic bítches as friends :pac:)

Cute moral great characters good music....story is flawed and boring

That is all you need to know

I've heard a few of the songs on the radio, and they make my ears bleed.

Everything I've heard about the film makes it sound like standard Disney guff like that tripe Up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Hugsie, what's your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I've seen Frozen too and want to know your opinion too Hugs :P

Never seen frozen either.

Also I never knew there was so many gay reference in friends. just surprised for a 90's sitcom.

They were originally gonna make Chandler a gay character

The "Could I be any more ...." Catchphrase would have worked well with a campy delivery.

My Sister is drunk snapchatting me. She just turned seventeen last week so the folks are leaving her off the leash a bit. Kind of cool. She's growing up. Fighting the urge to be the overbearing big brother, telling her about Drinking responsibly and the like. Guess I kind of have to though. She's pretty funny with drink in her.

I was never good with night time. And all those thoughts of the days events running through the head just make it a nightmare

Because I know some of you don't actually visit the forum and get here via followed threads, here's a link to a forum feedback thread we've started.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057356324

If a girl in your circle's go to compliment when your being funny or chatting or whatever is
    "You're adorable" or "you're so cute"
    Would you take that as a sign that there's no real point in ever even attempting anything.

Cute is for puppies. Granted a "youre handsome" isn't a response you'd expect from a joke but cute just seems dismissive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

If a girl in your circle's go to compliment when your being funny or chatting or whatever is
    Would you take that as a sign that there's no real point in ever even attempting anything.

Cute is for puppies. Granted a "youre handsome" isn't a response you'd expect from a joke but cute just seems dismissive.

I feel like its taken up a lot more condescending and dismissive than its intended to be..
    I dont think its v telling as to whether she says yea to you or not

"KILL, BART! KILL, BART! KILL, BART!"

"KILL BART! KILL BART! KILL BART!"

• Advertisement

"KILL, BART! KILL, BART! KILL, BART!"

"KILL BART! KILL BART! KILL BART!"

Was watching that too! I love that episode because of the ending where they both have flashbacks. It's those moments of true tenderness and love that define early Simpsons series for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The cute thing usually comes when you're over-doing it with the jokes and chat, generally playing court jester, as a thin veneer lain over your secret liking for someone or some other anxiety you have. The cliché that women like a sense of humour has validity - everyone likes a sense of humour, but no-one really likes a dose of it. Unfortunately, you can overdo it until you become a pleasant diversion or an annoyingly frivolous conversational prospect. Women/people are seriously attracted to neither of these qualities.

Save up that comedic genius for one or two big hitters, then be a sincere friend and interlocutor the rest of the time. You'll get to know her better, be able to gauge how she feels towards you more accurately, and then find out that she was calling you cute and complimenting you because she wanted to set a lonely friend of hers up with you the entire time and that's fine because it's exactly what you wanted and won't make you feel at all like the lust-wracked wereloser that you are when you stop wanting to be friends with her.

TL;DR:

Was watching that too! I love that episode because of the ending where they both have flashbacks. It's those moments of true tenderness and love that define early Simpsons series for me.
    OH CRAP, I thought I was in the Dental Plan thread!

Have you ever had to psyche yourself up for a really difficult conversation that you know you absolutely have to have.?

Have you ever had to psyche yourself up for a really difficult conversation that you know you absolutely have to have.?

Too many times it feels, yup.

So I ordered books from Book Depository on the 6th of December.

Three books I had ordered hadn't arrived by 22nd of December (well longer than the 4 days they said it would take). Contacted customer service, they dispatched replacement copies.

On the 23rd, an envelope arrived containing two copies of one of the books I'd ordered.

Monday morning, the last two books I was missing arrived.

This morning, another envelope arrived containing all the books again.

So I now have four copies of one book, and two copies of two others.

So, my moral dilemma is, do I return the extras or just sell/gift/give them away?

I had the same with books off ebay before. Turned out the seller had claimed off insurance for an undelivered item. Just told me to keep both.

Ultimately it's all their fault for sending more than once. F*ck em, keep them. :P

So I ordered books from Book Depository on the 6th of December.

So, my moral dilemma is, do I return the extras or just sell/gift/give them away?

I'd gift them away. 1 your doing a good deed 2. Not being held responsible for making any profit should they ask. Give them to the local library or something

I couldn't be bothered finding the purchases thread.

My faithful Ativ S has been giving trouble over the Christmas period and today was sort of the straw that broke the metaphorical camel's back because it switched itself on and off about 15 times in a 4 hour period causing me to have to input my PIN each time.

So I bought this from Spanish Amazon...

61O1T4KqSHL._SL1138_.jpg51dngIYo%2BHL._SL1115_.jpg

The Sony Z2, 3GB RAM, a 20MP camera. Now if only I had things to take photos of!

Bit disappointed to be leaving Windows Phone for Android again, but I couldn't justify buying a Lumia when I would have had to buy an Android phone eventually for testing purposes.

• Advertisement

Welcome to the team. The z2 is beautiful elgant and so much more superior.

Advertisement