Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Does anybody have experience with buying concert tickets in a shop? Me and a friend are going to try it tomorrow because I only have a 3v card and I don't wanna spend eighty euro on it just in case we don't get them.. Argh the stress of no credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Does anybody have experience with buying concert tickets in a shop? Me and a friend are going to try it tomorrow because I only have a 3v card and I don't wanna spend eighty euro on it just in case we don't get them.. Argh the stress of no credit card.

oh kids today...never knew what it was like queueing all night outside a shop

/sighs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RolandIRL wrote: »

/sighs

Ah the memories :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Went for a nap at 7, just woke up and was convinced it was the morning and freaked out because I should have left the house forty minutes ago...

Namlub wrote: »
    Went for a nap at 7, just woke up and was convinced it was the morning and freaked out because I should have left the house forty minutes ago...

Win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Namlub wrote: »

That happened me Monday or Tuesday. I felt sick, went to lie down at about 5pm. My mom came into my room at 8 to see how I was. When she left, I looked at the clock and I was full on convinced it was 8am the next day so I was got dressed in my uniform before I coped it was still night. >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

RolandIRL wrote: »

/sighs

could never hack that. my friends would turn midnight releases and such into big events but i just don't have the patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

If you're in DIT, a bunch of the SU shops are ticketmaster outlets. I used it to buy tickets for Skrillex that I never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

I did that for my fees for college and then it wouldn't let me pay online...it was a really fun week of internet shopping after though :o until now when I can't afford a loaf of bread :P

DON'T DO IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I did that for my fees for college and then it wouldn't let me pay online...it was a really fun week of internet shopping after though :o until now when I can't afford a loaf of bread :P

DON'T DO IT!

Janie Mac! Postman must have thought you'd won the lotto with all the packages :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Janie Mac! Postman must have thought you'd won the lotto with all the packages :pac:

I genuinely can't even remember what I bought now and that was only 2 months ago! :eek:

But yeah I was getting calls from home (cause stupid galway postman leaves them sly notes) like every day from Mam freaking out that I had bought more stuff :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Work tomorrow but I'm dreading it too much ebcause I'm finishing at 5 instead of my usual 8.Delighted.I'll get to go to the cinema now.

And has anyone seen the show mongrels on bbc?Its kinda cool.Ended up watching it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hmm... what to do with my day...? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

This winter has actually been so mild; I just walked past my granny's house for the first time in months and some of the roses in her garden are still hanging in there.

Lads I need help, what should I get the other half for Christmas? I'm lost..

Well what are their interests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

God created perfume so that men wouldn't have to think about what they were going to buy women for Christmas.

/fr.ted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Its much easier to get clothes, because men wear clothes but we don't wear perfume.
    Except Fr Bigley.

I'm going to try shopping tomorrow, couldn't find anything for her today. On the bright side though, I bought lovely clothes for myself \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm going to try shopping tomorrow, couldn't find anything for her today. On the bright side though, I bought lovely clothes for myself \o/

A tshirt that say property of doublechinlolz. Girls love that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

Why not throw in another saying "I'm his bitch ->" for good measure >_>

Aw darn! I knew I should have given her a tshirt that said "property of doublechinlolz". All I got her was a Cliff Richard CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

It doesn't have to be too shiny or ridiculously expensive, I'd say. Think of things she's said about aaanything! Then get her a bunch of small things related to those? Like... Totally random stuff :P It will let her know you've been listening and that you care and that you pay attention to the small things and she'll be feeling the lurrrve :P

Like, maybe if she said 'Oh, I hate the Simpsons!', first of all there must be something strange about her because the Simpsons is just brilliant! :P:P But yeah like... you could buy her a toy Homer and a small bin, so if she's feeling sad she can put Homer in the bin and it might cheer her up?!

Or if she said she likes a particular type of coffee or hot chocolate or something, you could buy her a ridiculous amount of that?! It seems silly but she'll be like 'He's been listening! Awwwlright!'

Or if she's learning to drive you could get her like.. a voucher for go-karting to help her on her way?

This is big and awesome, so if you can resist the urge to keep it for yourself, it'd be good!

And then you havvve to do what Pigwidgeon said! :P Like... She'd love a tshirt saying 'I LOVE DOUBLECHINLOLZ' :P You could even throw in a picture of yourself on the back cos she'd love that :P (This crowd accept laser, which may add to the convenience of internet shopping :P - They have I(Heart) templates for added awesome :P)

As a girl, she has more than likely been dropping unsubtle hints for the last while. Anything she has said she wants/likes/is cool is probably a hint.

I might just outright tell my bf next year though what I want. He never picks up my unsubtle hints >.>

It also doesn't have to be too shiny or expensive. Us girls love sentimental crap that you've put effort into.

might just outright tell my bf next year though what I want. He never picks up my unsubtle hints >.>
    Some people don't even get it when you do spell it out for them, like my mum:
    "What do you want for Christmas?"
    "Well there's some books I want, I can write a list and maybe you could pick up some of them"
    "...Really? I was thinking of getting you some perfume"
    "I don't really wear perfume, just some books would be good"
    "Still, just a little bottle? You don't have to wear it"

I kind of have to admire her determination to get me to like generic girl presents after all this time

I might just outright tell my bf next year though what I want. He never picks up my unsubtle hints >.>

Neither do I, clearly. She just said "Since you're probably going to get me something I don't really want, how about we go shopping tomorrow and you just pay for one of the things that I'm getting".

The thinking has been taken out of Christmas! Huzzah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Maybe ye could help me out lads! We're gonna be having a cheesey Christmas jumper day in work on Christmas Eve..can anyone tell me where I can get something half decent that won't burn a hole in my purse?:p

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Maybe ye could help me out lads! We're gonna be having a cheesey Christmas jumper day in work on Christmas Eve..can anyone tell me where I can get something half decent that won't burn a hole in my purse?:p

I got mine off bagit.ie for €23 delivered. It was the cheapest I could find anywhere.

I got mine off bagit.ie for €23 delivered. It was the cheapest I could find anywhere.

Thank you! I'll have a look on that, some of them are so expensive:eek:

• Advertisement

Umm yeah I just found a dead bird lying on one of the tables in the living room. I've been in here for like 2 hours with the dog and we only noticed it like a minute ago. It was lying perfectly on its back. There's no blood or anything but there's a few footprints on the footstool. I'm so confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Umm yeah I just found a dead bird lying on one of the tables in the living room. I've been in here for like 2 hours with the dog and we only noticed it like a minute ago. It was lying perfectly on its back. There's no blood or anything but there's a few footprints on the footstool. I'm so confused.

RIP Bird </3

RIP Bird </3

LyK diS iF U CriEd.

RIP Bird </3

RIP.

I think it may have flown down the chimney then tried to escape and flown into the window and bounced onto the table. That's the only semi-logical explanation I can think of.

But my dog would have noticed it was sooner, or I should have when I was turning on the Christmas tree lights seeing as it was beside the tree.

I thought it was some sort of weird decoration at first.

I remember my dog killed a bird once. They kept landing in the garden and he finally lashed out. So cute seeing how proud he was pushing around a dead bird <3

I remember my dog killed a bird once. They kept landing in the garden and he finally lashed out. So cute seeing how proud he was pushing around a dead bird <3

He didn't kill it though, he just found it.

IT'S SUCH A MYSTERY. Guess I won't be able to study for my exam in the morning, I'll be going scooby doo on this shít for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Thank you! I'll have a look on that, some of them are so expensive:eek:

Penneys and Heatons both have ones for €15 atm if your stores lucky enough to have stock! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

IT'S SUCH A MYSTERY. Guess I won't be able to study for my exam in the morning, I'll be going scooby doo on this shít for the night.
    I think an autopsy will be required first to determine the exact cause of death. :-/

Grindylow wrote: »
    Penneys and Heatons both have ones for €15 atm if your stores lucky enough to have stock! :D

Imma take a little drive for myself tomorrow:D Thanks Noel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

We can make a little Law and Order meets Scooby Doo.

I BAGGSY BEING SHAGGY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Holy ****, Coldplay's performance on The X Factor looks unbelievable with the glow sticks and everything. I'm going to see them live someday, it's going on the bucket list.

• Advertisement

Everytime I dye my hair I keep saying I'll by a brown close to my natural colour and go back to normal but once again I'm sat here with my blonde boxes.Let the burning scalp feeling commence!

Holy ****, Coldplay's performance on The X Factor looks unbelievable with the glow sticks and everything. I'm going to see them live someday, it's going on the bucket list.

Seen them this year. You realise after about 30 minutes the lights and lasers hide how shockingly boring they are live

Seen them this year. You realise after about 30 minutes the lights and lasers hide how shockingly boring they are live

I thought that about muse.The show was good but its a bit meh

Muse actually have some exciting songs which help a bit. Coldplay just speed up a slow song and think its exciting :pac:

No, no. Muse are amazing live. One of the best bands I've seen.

I'm tempted to ban you right now >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ban her. Ban her right now.

In your opinion:p

In your opinion:p

Ah yes, but as moderator, I moderate everything including peoples opinions. And my moderation expertise denotes that your opinion is wrong :P

Coldplay are great, but as a bunch of lads they seem incredibly boring :p

Dar god the hair dye burn is kicking in,somebody kill me.The phrase beuty is pain hasnt been this literal to me in a while!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement