Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bet that'd cost a few quid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Veggie burgers rock :cool:
    Especially the ones in Eddie Rocket's

sweetjesus.jpg?1304464025

How do I change my settings to show sigs and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

cloud493 wrote: »
    How do I change my settings to show sigs and stuff?

It's in your User CP. I never turn sigs on, they just annoy me.

Ah there we go. Lovely jubbly and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Lads. George Monbiot is some man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Well ladies, I've got a half empty bed, a bottle of aldi whiskey, and the offer of a good breakfast, if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Well ladies, I've got a half empty bed, a bottle of aldi whiskey, and the offer of a good breakfast, if you're interested.

Braped??

Can I say braped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Skintwin wrote: »
    Braped??

Can I say braped?

Lonely...

:pac:

• Advertisement

Never mind the ladies, I'l take up your offer.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Quick question: How old were you when your parents decided you could drink?

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Depends on how much and of what. Small glass of wine when I was about eight put me off the stuff until I was 16, anyway... But yeah, my mum never had a problem getting a few bottles for me and my friends between then and 18, so long as it wasn't an amount that'd get us hammered. Even now, I wouldn't be the biggest fan of doing shot after shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Aoifey! wrote: »
    It's in your User CP. I never turn sigs on, they just annoy me.

Then why do you have one!?!?!?! O.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Its so strange at first, but now I can't even bring myself to look at the default! Get well soon Beta :D
    Beta skin sucks and hurts my eyes, Cloud is where it's at! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

My mum has always let me drink, she use to give me the odd glass of wine since I was eight, never minded if anything was missing from the drinks cupboard, and even use to encourage me to bring alcohol with me to friends houses when I was fourteen. It was her attitude towards drink that completely put me off the stuff, I refused to touch it until I was almost eighteen and ever since I've been a very-little-and-not-very-often kind of drinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

CHANGE PLACES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

15 when I was having A glass of wine at home

16 it was 3 smirnoff ices on holidays

17 I was going out

18 myself and the mother would have a sociable few at home as well...

and now at 19 I do shots with my mother.

Guess I had it pretty handy.

I've never drank alcohol in my whole life :cool: the idea just doesn't appeal to me. J20 for ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My parents don't drink, and never approved of me or my brother drinking. Since I was about 15 or 16 they probably had an idea that I drank but we'd just pretend it didn't happen. Now I'm 19 and I still feel uncomfortable mentioning alcohol around them.
    Then why do you have one!?!?!?! O.o

I just don't like seeing em coming up in between all the posts, I'm easily distracted :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I began to drink at 15, but my parents knew at 16 and were buying it for me when we went out for dinner or whatever. But it was pints I was bought :p Mine are totally relaxed with me drinking but I aint a big drinker anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Sure my father goes out more than I do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Started drinking at 16 three months before I turned 17. Started on cider ended up on shots. The lighter the drink the better.

So most people started around 16-17? That's what I had thought...well I'm 16 now and have been drinking (not always getting drunk) for around half a year (started late age 15). They are so against drink, if they found out they would kill me.

They are typical country parents (both brought up on a Catholic, farming background). Last night my mother practically said she doesn't want me to ever drink, even when I'm 18 :eek:

I hate lying to them. I just don't see the need of scaring me off drink. I have been caught once, around 4 months ago, and the morning after was one of the worst of my life.
    I don't get how they don't know that most 16 y/os drink every weekend? They seem to think any of my friends who drink are scum who I shouldn't hang around with. What should I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I don't see the point in snoods, they're scarves that don't end? Why would you bother wearing one would an ordinary scarf not make more sense? Felt this didn't belong in yaaaaaah or aaaaaarrrrrrgh so it ended up here.

• Advertisement

So most people started around 16-17? That's what I had thought...well I'm 16 now and have been drinking (not always getting drunk) for around half a year (started late age 15). They are so against drink, if they found out they would kill me.

They are typical country parents (both brought up on a Catholic, farming background). Last night my mother practically said she doesn't want me to ever drink, even when I'm 18 :eek:

I hate lying to them. I just don't see the need of scaring me off drink. I have been caught once, around 4 months ago, and the morning after was one of the worst of my life.
    I don't get how they don't know that most 16 y/os drink every weekend? They seem to think any of my friends who drink are scum who I shouldn't hang around with. What should I do?

Kill you say? bit over dramatic. but what would i know im a brat anyway:pac: I take no s it from them. The punishment is worth it me think made me a better person. :confused: ha ha. As i said to someone last night your 18 now you have the right to fight back. The only fear is being kicked out of home, i walked out at 16. Told my dad i was drinking when 17. he was sound bout it but gave me a lecture on it and dont follow my mothers footsteps(didnt end great:() Let them say what they want. Its your life you know how to live it use their words as advice you know how to make your own judgement. :D

M&S* wrote: »
    I don't see the point in snoods, they're scarves that don't end? Why would you bother wearing one would an ordinary scarf not make more sense? Felt this didn't belong in yaaaaaah or aaaaaarrrrrrgh so it ended up here.

I think I've worked out the idea. They give you the warmth of a scarf without the ends from the scarf knot, which doesn't go well with certain types of clothes. They're great for wearing when playing sports when you can't have anything dangling off you.

I've just been asked to join in a threesome :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Is it just me, or do other people consistently end up in the 'Collectibles / Antiques' forum when they try to click on Clearasil & Hormones?! :P

Cant be too bad:P

• Advertisement

Why is this indecision? DO EEET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

that's it you've earned my vote for "Most Inspiring" in the Jizzlers this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Fjsanchez you sound like my family :pac: they've kind of learned to accept me and my brother drinking but when I was 15 there was always war over drink.. Like really war, but as I've said it bothered them less with time. Really it's your choice and you can tell them that and go through all the punishments etc but once you're at least 17 they'll probably live with it, and at 18 you're your own responsibility.

Why is this indecision? DO EEET

Cos like... wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

M&S* wrote: »

I think snoods are better than scarves tbh. If you get them long enough you can wrap them around your neck a couple of times without having then ends hanging off you. I think they cover up more if you get me..I'm always warmer in a snood than a scarf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Pics or didnt happen tbh

You mean, pics of me being asked?

You mean, pics of me being asked?

Rehearsals everyone we take in 2:pac:

Kill you say? bit over dramatic. but what would i know im a brat anyway:pac: I take no s it from them. The punishment is worth it me think made me a better person. :confused: ha ha. As i said to someone last night your 18 now you have the right to fight back. The only fear is being kicked out of home, i walked out at 16. Told my dad i was drinking when 17. he was sound bout it but gave me a lecture on it and dont follow my mothers footsteps(didnt end great:() Let them say what they want. Its your life you know how to live it use their words as advice you know how to make your own judgement. :D
    Fjsanchez you sound like my family :pac: they've kind of learned to accept me and my brother drinking but when I was 15 there was always war over drink.. Like really war, but as I've said it bothered them less with time. Really it's your choice and you can tell them that and go through all the punishments etc but once you're at least 17 they'll probably live with it, and at 18 you're your own responsibility.

Thanks for the advice.

Maybe I'm over reacting slightly, they aren't going to kill me :P. I don't want my parents to go out buying me drink or anything, I just wished they didn't mind as much if I occasionally drink. I can understand that they wouldn't want to see me drunk.

Of course it'll be my decision when I'm 18, so I suppose that's something. But I feel even at 17 they will be still anti-drink, which is kinda stupid since I'll be in LC year and I'm a lot more grown up than most people my age. I suppose there are a lot of young adults who have been/are in the same predicament.

Rehearsals everyone we take in 2:pac:

We were just talking, as we do, I was advising her on how to build her team in the new copy of pokemon black she has, she suddenly just said

"you know what would be fun? threesome. me you xxxxx"

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice.

Maybe I'm over reacting slightly, they aren't going to kill me :P. I don't want my parents to go out buying me drink or anything, I just wished they didn't mind as much if I occasionally drink. I can understand that they wouldn't want to see me drunk.

Of course it'll be my decision when I'm 18, so I suppose that's something. But I feel even at 17 they will be still anti-drink, which is kinda stupid since I'll be in LC year and I'm a lot more grown up than most people my age. I suppose there are a lot of young adults who have been/are in the same predicament.

Well ya its perfect imo if your not drunk no parent wants to see that. But Yes it should be that your parents are happy to let you drink as long as you tell them and they are with you. bit iffy i know but its the way our family role. Even in the uk its preferred if you tell your parents rather than drink behind their back. personally id prefer that.
    Yes so many are in the same boat so dont worry. If you feel safe enough you should tell them for when da S it hits the fan some night when it all went horribly wrong. imo

We were just talking, as we do, I was advising her on how to build her team in the new copy of pokemon black she has, she suddenly just said

"you know what would be fun? threesome. me you xxxxx"

Oh... .That.... I do that all the time with my friends male and female. sitting in the living room. roaring out i want a threesome. just to make ppl laugh.

Oh... .That.... I do that all the time with my friends male and female. sitting in the living room. roaring out i want a threesome. just to make ppl laugh.

We then spent the next 3 hours discussing it in a sexual manner(its just the two of us) and what we would do, and googling how to actually do a threesome.

We then spent the next 3 hours discussing it in a sexual manner(its just the two of us) and what we would do, and googling how to actually do a threesome.

all you need to do now is strip and into bed. just need the 3rd:D
    Looks like someone's dead serious. but id totally go for a threesome if offered im dying. or so i said last night walking down the street with my friend. Its why you should always carry minimum 2 condoms on you in person at all times :D:P:pac:

I don't carry condoms on my person! Goodness gracious. My englishness/bad experiences, makes me awkward about sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

How cheap of me would it be to wrap Christmas presents with bright yellow "floor to ceiling" tape that I found in the garage instead having to go to the trouble of going to Tesco and buying normal clear tape?

How culchie of me would it be to wrap Christmas presents with bright yellow "floor to ceiling" tape that I found in the garage instead having to go to the trouble of going to Tesco and buying normal clear tape?

FYP :p

I don't carry condoms on my person! Goodness gracious. My englishness/bad experiences, makes me awkward about sex.

Are you a women or a man? Fairly new to the forum so I don't know.

Are you a women or a man? Fairly new to the forum so I don't know.

I'm a chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm a chap.

It's so much easier to guess when people have Avatars!!

Advertisement