Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Loling at how the ten most recent statuses in my news feed are about the price of naggins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/09/texas-police-schools?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

I'm actually so disgusted after reading this. Police patrolling the corridors of Texan schools. And the utter rubbish that the kids are charged with...

America: Land of the Free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Luckily,Unfortunately we don't have a Supermacs within 50km of us. One of the many benefits curses of living in Arklow.

FYP :P

I will not have such slagging of Supermacs! Supermacs = greatest chips & burgers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Evening all. o/

Anyone around tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Evening all. o/

Anyone around tonight?

Me me me

No...

>_>
    <_<

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The usual crew, so. :p

\o/ that means i'm not a n00b anymore :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nah, yore a b00b ... >_>

• Advertisement

Everyone here is a n00b to me. :cool:

(Apart from Aoibheann. She's not a n00b... >_>)

Nah, yore a b00b ... >_>
    And you're a m00b >_>

I haz a sad now :(

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Story peoples,two assignments done,4 days off college and exams aint for another 7 days.
    While not a yay or an aaargh stil kinda sweet.

Just finished the newest episode of toddlers and tiaras,I've said it many times but that show is amazeballs!

RolandIRL wrote: »
    \o/ that means i'm not a n00b anymore :pac:

Me too, woo \o/

Just finished the newest episode of toddlers and tiaras,I've said it many times but that show is amazeballs!

3cd8a33a.png

That was my reaction last time she mentioned that show.

*high-fives*

• Advertisement

*high-fives*

We're so cool :cool:

That was my reaction last time she mentioned that show.

*high-fives*
    3cd8a33a.png

Shaddap!

It's car crash tv at its best.
    I'm just jealous I never got to be that glitzy that often.

Reality shows deserve to be killed with fire!

But but but,that halves my tv watching then!

I love deadliest catch,master chef,dancing on ice,toddlers and tiaras,jersey shore and outrageous food!

I just don't watch TV any more. Sports and wrestling don't count, honest.

• Advertisement

They're so shit, but so addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Trying to jokify that into b00b.. Failing...

Over christmas with limited net access, i realised that TV has gotten so shíte lately. Honestly there was nothing good on. A load of shows i start to invest in just get cancelled! I fear for the future of scripted television :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Silence, pleb! :P

Oooooh whos your favourite wrestler?
    I just submitted a 3,000(ish) word essay on wrestling fans.
    Aoifey! wrote: »
    They're so shit, but so addictive.

Ah some are and some aren't.Most I just watch to fill the evenings when I'm avoiding study.
    Over christmas with limited net access, i realised that TV has gotten so shíte lately. Honestly there was nothing good on. A load of shows i start to invest in just get cancelled! I fear for the future of scripted television :(

I know and a lot of my shows seem to be getting bad reviews these days so I'm really hopeing they don't get cancelled!

I know and a lot of my shows seem to be getting bad reviews these days so I'm really hopeing they don't get cancelled!

It's gotten to the stage where i don't watch *any* new show until it's at least been renewed for a second season. Obvious exceptions are cable shows like Game of Thrones.

Cable TV is the last bastion of hope for decent shows...on my way through Damages atm. 'tis bloody addictive.

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Silence, pleb! :P

Pfft, I'm awesome. And I've been on this forum longer than you too. :P
    Oooooh whos your favourite wrestler?
    I just submitted a 3,000(ish) word essay on wrestling fans.

Big fan of Sheamus (and not just because he's Irish! :P ) and Dolph Ziggler, and I like the work R-Truth has been doing over the last 6 months. Hard to pick just one favourite though.

What was the essay for?

Pfft, I'm awesome. And I've been on this forum longer than you too. :P

Only in posts! I lurked forever. Superior because I could keep my mouth shut and not spam a forum... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Haven't spoken to anyone all day...:( Feels so wired. and very lonely:(

Big fan of Sheamus (and not just because he's Irish! :P ) and Dolph Ziggler, and I like the work R-Truth has been doing over the last 6 months. Hard to pick just one favourite though.

What was the essay for?
    Audience study module.

I love Zigglers mike work,sheamus is alright ( I am one of those oooooh he's Irish people).Dear god R-Truth does my head in,I don't think I've liked anything I've seen him do except for a duck impression.

Though in saying that I'm not really a wrestling fan.My boyfriend watches it so I only see it occasionally.I'm a huge Broski though,fricking love Zack!
    It's gotten to the stage where i don't watch *any* new show until it's at least been renewed for a second season. Obvious exceptions are cable shows like Game of Thrones.

Cable TV is the last bastion of hope for decent shows...on my way through Damages atm. 'tis bloody addictive.

Is cable tv not like digital?:confused:

Yeah I watched the first season of Hellcats and then they cancelled it.dagnabbit!

• Advertisement

Only in posts! I lurked forever. Superior because I could keep my mouth shut and not spam a forum... :pac:

And now you've gone back to mostly lurking again. ;)

How're you doing?
    Though in saying that I'm not really a wrestling fan.My boyfriend watches it so I only see it occasionally.I'm a huge Broski though,fricking love Zack!

WWWYKI is awesome! :D It's great to see I guy getting success off the back of his own ideas and hard work.

Ah are ya ok?
    I've had that before,makes you feel so isolated and lonely.

WWWYKI is awesome! :D It's great to see I guy getting success off the back of his own ideas and hard work.

Take Care and Spike your hair!

Well being a broski for Halloween if he's still around.

I've had no free time between college and work! Posting is for people with time.. A precious commodity that I was sorely lacking up until now. Delicious Christmas holidays, at last. \o/

Is cable tv not like digital?:confused:

Yeah I watched the first season of Hellcats and then they cancelled it.dagnabbit!

Cable TV are stations like HBO (Game of Thrones, The Wire, True Blood, etc) and AMC (Breaking Bad). Stations like Fox (Fringe, House), NBC (30 Rock), ABC (Lost) are terrestrial networks kinda like RTE and BBC.
    Cable TV shows are shorter in series length but of higher quality, whereas network shows have longer series but have a lot of filler episodes. It's kinda the tradeoff between them.

I've had no free time between college and work! Posting is for people with time.. A precious commodity that I was sorely lacking up until now. Delicious Christmas holidays, at last. \o/
    But but but ....what do you do when you're procrastinating?
    :eek:
    Cable TV are stations like HBO (Game of Thrones, The Wire, True Blood, etc) and AMC (Breaking Bad). Stations like Fox (Fringe, House), NBC (30 Rock), ABC (Lost) are terrestrial networks kinda like RTE and BBC.
    Cable TV shows are shorter in series length but of higher quality, whereas network shows have longer series but have a lot of filler episodes. It's kinda the tradeoff between them.

Ah now I gets ya so the series' with say 12 episodes as opposed to the standard 24 or so.

Had no time to procrastinate! When I wasn't in college, I was working.. ;_;

Had no time to procrastinate! When I wasn't in college, I was working.. ;_;

I'm the same but tis madness!!!
    You must have a normal sleeping pattern....:P

Ah now I gets ya so the series' with say 12 episodes as opposed to the standard 24 or so.

Them's the ones. They're the only good shows left on TV that i can be sure won't be cancelled mid season

What's a normal sleeping pattern when it's at home? :P I do not.. Insomnia is a bitch!

• Advertisement

I've loads of free time this week too. Only working 3 shifts and giving 1 grind. Lots of time for sleeping. :)

I probably should go to bed earlier to try and fix my sleeping pattern, but doesn't seem to be happening tonight >_>

Ugh, i think i have my timetable sorted out now. I'm hoping to bully a lecturer into changing my one Friday lecture to another day so I have it off :P

I've loads of free time this week too. Only working 3 shifts and giving 1 grind. Lots of time for sleeping. :)

I'm only working twice! \o/ But I have a party to throw, study to do, sleep to get.. Some time. I have not been sleeping enough. ;_;
    I probably should go to bed earlier to try and fix my sleeping pattern, but doesn't seem to be happening tonight >_>

Ugh, i think i have my timetable sorted out now. I'm hoping to bully a lecturer into changing my one Friday lecture to another day so I have it off :P

What is this utter ridiculousness? A day OFF?! I don't recall you being an arts student.. :eek:

What is this utter ridiculousness? A day OFF?! I don't recall you being an arts student.. :eek:
    I'm a science student :cool: Though i'm doing Maths Physics so no labs that take up time :P

All in all, i think i have about ~14 hours a week minus tutorials and a 2 hour practical for modelling.

I'm a science student :cool: Though i'm doing Maths Physics so no labs that take up time :P

All in all, i think i have about ~14 hours a week minus tutorials and a 2 hour practical for modelling.

Ah, I remember labs. Pesky things.. Another bonus for getting rid of the physics part of my degree! :pac: I've 18 hours a week this semester, but I'll probably attend some extra modules as I did last term (there's a couple of special modules that aren't guaranteed to be offered every year and I'd kick myself if I didn't take them so I may as well) so my hours will go up to 21-24 depending on how bothered I am to go to more than just one extra. :D Yang-Mills theory, woop! \o/

I'm a fecking film student and I had more hours than that last semester!
    Though I've had at least one day off each semester,2 in second semester last year.

• Advertisement

Ah, I remember labs. Pesky things.. Another bonus for getting rid of the physics part of my degree! :pac: I've 18 hours this semester, but I'll probably attend some extra modules as I did last term (there's a couple of special modules that aren't guaranteed to be offered every year and I'd kick myself if I didn't take them so I may as well) so my hours will go up to 21-24 depending on how bothered I am to go to more than just one extra. :D Yang-Mills theory, woop! \o/

Do the extra modules count as credits or are they just to go to learn something and not examined in?

Believe it or not, i had less hours last semester. They divided my course up weird in that i'd 4 modules last semester and now 6 modules this semester. Still as long as I don't have fecking 6 hours of physics labs, i'm happy :D
    though i did take up astrophysics to make myself feel as if i was still doing physics :P had to take it really to make up credits though. nothing else interested me

I've 18 hours this semester

I hope you mean 18 hours a week this semester! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

i've attempted to sleep at 1.... and failed... sigh.

Do the extra modules count as credits or are they just to go to learn something and not examined in?

Believe it or not, i had less hours last semester. They divided my course up weird in that i'd 4 modules last semester and now 6 modules this semester. Still as long as I don't have fecking 6 hours of physics labs, i'm happy :D
    though i did take up astrophysics to make myself feel as if i was still doing physics :P had to take it really to make up credits though. nothing else interested me

Basically, if I sit more than 60 credits worth of exams, they'll take my best 60 and the rest don't count. So it works out rather nicely! Some of them I don't intend to take the exam in though.. I was attending a final year only course this term (standard model) and will be doing so again this term (Yang-Mills) - most courses can be taken by either third (which I am) or fourth years as the years are equally weighted, but some are at a higher standard/have more pre-requisites hence are just for final years.

Astro?! Why would you do that to yourself? D: What modules are you taking apart from it?
    I hope you mean 18 hours a week this semester! :eek:

Nope! I always say exactly what I mean..

>_>

<_<

Basically, if I sit more than 60 credits worth of exams, they'll take my best 60 and the rest don't count. So it works out rather nicely! Some of them I don't intend to take the exam in though.. I was attending a final year only course this term (standard model) and will be doing so again this term (Yang-Mills) - most courses can be taken by either third (which I am) or fourth years as the years are equally weighted, but some are at a higher standard/have more pre-requisites hence are just for final years.

Astro?! Why would you do that to yourself? D: What modules are you taking apart from it?
    :eek: Lucky you, them picking your best 60. We can't do any extra. 3rd years FTW :cool:

I like astronomy :o but the lecturer has awful handwriting, which makes revising that much more FUN! >_<

• Advertisement
Advertisement