Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

marko93 wrote: »
    Woah, nice looking desktop. What computer you running?

Computer? It's a Lenovo G560 laptop :p

Eh, Ubuntu 11.10.
    Desktop Environment is just Unity, and I'm running KDE's Plasma Desktop yoke for the widgets. Didn't know you could do that, till I googled "Unity Widgets", pretty cool. Nice having the best bits of KDE and Unity :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Don't be fooled, its still cold!

I was fooled. Just walked home and it's actually icy outside. Frozen Jasper would have been more appropriate an image.

Jasper.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Computer? It's a Lenovo G560 laptop :p

Eh, Ubuntu 11.10.
    Desktop Environment is just Unity, and I'm running KDE's Plasma Desktop yoke for the widgets. Didn't know you could do that, till I googled "Unity Widgets", pretty cool. Nice having the best bits of KDE and Unity :D

Looks absolutly lovely. Is Ubuntu/Linuix easy to run? I was thinking of setting it up or even trying it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

this time last year i was panicking over mocks. silly past me.

marko93 wrote: »
    Looks absolutly lovely. Is Ubuntu/Linuix easy to run? I was thinking of setting it up or even trying it out.

If you've ever set up (and installed windows), its easier then that. Google is your friend. Just set it up on another partition and mess around with it.
    Ubuntu is designed for idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Coach Carter is such a great sports film, funny how a movie can be so inspirational.

If you've ever set up (and installed windows), its easier then that. Google is your friend. Just set it up on another partition and mess around with it.
    Ubuntu is designed for idiots.

Thank man! I'll certianly have a look at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Nah, The Hurt Locker is where it's at tonight!

Nah, The Hurt Locker is where it's at tonight!
    What an amazing movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Just closed my Bebo account.
    Reason for cancellation: Times have changed, we grow up, we move on. We must put the past behind us. Its been a fun few years.

Feel so sad. My name was Jack Ryan and that was my second bebo account from 2008-2012 :(

I have 1 hour to make a decision. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

My biology exam results so far this year goes as follows- 82% 84% 28% and the latest edition 11%. P/T meetings today and she told my mother I was making great progress, eh what?!

My biology exam results so far this year goes as follows- 82% 84% 28% and the latest edition 11%. P/T meetings today and she told my mother I was making great progress, eh what?!

well your beating my 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

well your beating my 2%

At least you got your name right... :P

At least you got your name right... :P

I had no name. Its college your a number not a name.

Reminds me a bit of like prison :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'm so easily amused by this...:D

• Advertisement

Everyday my life flashes before my eyes. Not because stuff is happening but because I choose to remind myself of the terrible and great things I have accomplished in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You don't wanna be doing that do you? Lifes too short to keep looking at the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

In the past 9 days I have made coffee cake, white chocolate pecan and raspberry cookies, rocky road, flapjacks, chocolate fudge cupcakes and a chocolate fudge cake. I think I have a serious problem. Either that or I'm not used to having free time. Oh dear.

cloud493 wrote: »
    You don't wanna be doing that do you? Lifes too short to keep looking at the past.

Life is as long as u let it be make the most follow ur dreams what more can u ask for bar ur health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    In the past 9 days I have made coffee cake, white chocolate pecan and raspberry cookies, rocky road, flapjacks, chocolate fudge cupcakes and a chocolate fudge cake.

If I was doing your course I would be seriously obese by now...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If I was doing your course I would be seriously obese by now...:P

The sad part is, none of it has been for college or work. I've just too much time on my hands. The coffee cake and cupcakes were for birthday presents, so it's not too bad, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    In the past 9 days I have made coffee cake, white chocolate pecan and raspberry cookies, rocky road, flapjacks, chocolate fudge cupcakes and a chocolate fudge cake. I think I have a serious problem. Either that or I'm not used to having free time. Oh dear.

Dear lord I wish I was your friend, I would murder choclate fudge cake right now!

I'm coming home , I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home, let the rain wash away all the fears of yesterday, in my spirit I can breathe in my dreams I can see I'm coming home I'm coming home....

Anyone lurking around limerick? Contemplating getting the bus home if I miss the train at 6.05.12.56 or wait for the next one at 7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Pictures from Bebo... :pac:

THE SHAME :o

Life is as long as u let it be make the most follow ur dreams what more can u ask for bar ur health.

I don't think about life like that. Bloody depressing.

cloud493 wrote: »

I don't think about life like that. Bloody depressing.

Yes life is depressing .... Well I've been depressed free for the past 9months. Anyway moving on I'm nearly home whoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Meehan, would you be so kind as to tell me how much an average pair of converse is in Schuh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Fair play to Russel Brand, mentioning Guy Debord in an interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Meehan, would you be so kind as to tell me how much an average pair of converse is in Schuh?

Low-tops or high-tops? They'd be between 45 - 50 euro!:) They can go up to 60/65 euro if the style is a bit unusual, like if they're made of leather or are covered in sequins and stuff!:P

Best way to sum up life is by quoting Doctor who

'sometimes impossible things just happen, and we call them miracles'

• Advertisement

Im way in over my mind,

image_2.png

Time to sleep on it. 9am start, and im not even in college. :(

They say money doesnt bring happiness true, but it brings me comfort which makes me happy . Knowing I have money to feed me and get me places makes me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

They say money doesnt bring happiness true, but it brings me comfort which makes me happy . Knowing I have money to feed me and get me places makes me happy.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it doesn't deny you it either:)

If anyone asks you. Im too good to be on social networking. Also i was never here. What you are reading is an illusion ;)

Now.... am..... i really dont know what im doing. Time to watch tv. .... ya lets do that.... Interesting.

I need a topic for a speech thing as Gaeilge, any ideas anyone? :pac:

I've been thinking for ages but can't come up with anything :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I need a topic for a speech thing as Gaeilge, any ideas anyone? :pac:

I've been thinking for ages but can't come up with anything :/

What are you interested in? Or did you get any hints on topics?

What are you interested in? Or did you get any hints on topics?

I wasn't given any hints but one of the other lads is talking about teen drinking.

I like everything really :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wasn't given any hints but one of the other lads is talking about teen drinking.

Teen drinking is the ultimate Irish College debate cliché! :D

You could always write an argument about things you don't like too, if you can give decent enough reasons for it. :)

Teen drinking is the ultimate Irish College debate cliché! :D

You could always write an argument about things you don't like too, if you can give decent enough reasons for it. :)

Yeh, but I still don't know what to write about :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeh, but I still don't know what to write about :pac:

Weirdos on the Internet. :p

Dont bother doing it on teenager problems or sports, teachers arent a fan of common titles, even in Irish.

Look, you could do it on the interesting and topical subject of what to do with the UK's nuclear waste heap.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/feb/02/nuclear-waste?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/feb/02/nuclear-reactors-consume-radioactive-waste

Dont bother doing it on teenager problems or sports, teachers arent a fan of common titles, even in Irish.

Look, you could do it on the interesting and topical subject of what to do with the UK's nuclear waste heap.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/feb/02/nuclear-waste?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/feb/02/nuclear-reactors-consume-radioactive-waste

That might be a little bit hard to say in Irish...

Right im off. Gluck to ye all. See ye around. Hope to meet one of ye someday. . . :cool:

Have fun i'll be lurking in the background doing what i do best. :pac:

Right im off. Gluck to ye all. See ye around. Hope to meet one of ye someday. . . :cool:

Have fun i'll be lurking in the background doing what i do best. :pac:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    C&H will be altogether too readable now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    C&H will be altogether to readable now :(

He'll be back, they always come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is anyone watching Tallafornia? Something strangely draws me into this programme. Car crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Is anyone watching Tallafornia? Something strangely draws me into this programme. Car crash.

Heeelllz yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Has anybody heard of the mobile network 48? Google it. It's only for 18-22 year olds hence the '48' months, but I want it it looks so much better than any others.. I wonder could I pretend to be 18..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Has anybody heard of the mobile network 48? Google it. It's only for 18-22 year olds hence the '48' months, but I want it it looks so much better than any others.. I wonder could I pretend to be 18..
    Its a marketing gig. They don't ask for ID or anything, so lie your hole off.
    Id like to use them, but my current deal with three is pretty sweet as I signed up for all their benefits when they came out (if I top up by 20€, I get free internet, calls and texts for a month, keep the credit, and they also give a bonus tenner of credit for the hell of it), and 48 don't accept ports, and my current number is fukkin sweet. It's such a good number a load of people think it's fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

(if I top up by 20€, I get free internet, calls and texts for a month, keep the credit, and they also give a bonus tenner of credit for the hell of it)

I really want to switch to 3 if that's still around. I get similar on Vodafone, but for €30, no free calls and the bonus is only a fiver... that and the data is limited (whereas 3 is unlimited iirc) and untetherable

• Advertisement
Advertisement