Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Jhcx wrote: »
    I just roared out 'why' :pac:
    You can see my frustration. A no Vote is a no vote Yes?

It's democracy but not as we know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I reckon if "no" won out, they'd make us hold another referendum, like last time.

Nope. No second chances on this one, 'cos the rest of Europe will just move on without us, as a unanimous decision isn't needed.

The way it is with me, I support the yes side because voting yes guarantees access to the ESM.
    But on the other hand, I'm wary about what changes the new French PM is going to make to it, really think we should have deferred the vote tbh. The govt's excuse was that we couldn't defer it so close, even though the opposition brought forward legislation which would have made it possible which the govt voted down.

Enda's refusal to debate the issue on TV as well really pissed me off, so rather than vote No in anger I decided to just let it play out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

We need a guy like this to loose it in the dail.... oh wait

Were all in Egypt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Lads do you write the babies name or the mothers name for a christening card? or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

My Dad went out fishing today. He hardly ever catches anything, and always comes back extremely frustrated. Before going out the door this morning, his exact words were: "If I don't get anything today, I'm never fishing again."

5 hours later, he comes home with 80 mackerel. The lesson here kids: impulsive, bitter promises always have a happy ending.

• Advertisement

I've heard of certain Events happening and you remember them, where you where, what you were doing i.e 911 . But honestly i cant understand why this song stands out in a day on its own.... :confused: Never the less im not complaining :D

Oh i see why now.... Twas my brothers Birthday

Do yourself a favour, and get on Youtube and watch what's left of Brian Adams at RockinRio (linked on Youtube homepage).

It's....

Amazing!

He just brought a randomer from the audience to sing "When You'ter Gone" and it was just so epicly awesome.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour, and get on Youtube and watch what's left of Brian Adams at RockinRio (linked on Youtube homepage).

It's....

Amazing!

He just brought a randomer from the audience to sing "When You'ter Gone" and it was just so epicly awesome.

Nooooooooooo I bet I missed it!!

ILY BRYAN ADAMS!!!! Only fan under 40 they say!!! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Watching the Brendan O'Connor show...yes, yes, I have no life...but the interview with Alan Cumming from The Good Wife is hilarious :D

deise_girl wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo I bet I missed it!!

ILY BRYAN ADAMS!!!! Only fan under 40 they say!!! <3

Just ended there. :(

I'm sure most of it will be on YT eventually.

Words can't describe how frickin' awesome it was. I'd forgotten how many absolute belters of songs he has.

Such a brilliant performance as well, voice is still as amazing as ever. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

flyswatter wrote: »
    It's democracy but not as we know it.
    The electorate had changed it's mind, there was a majority appetite to vote again. It's democracy that takes into account people being stupid until the shít needs the fan and they realise we've needed the EU since we signed up to it, and have never have had an era of prosperity without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

jumpguy wrote: »
    The electorate had changed it's mind, there was a majority appetite to vote again. It's democracy that takes into account people being stupid until the shít needs the fan and they realise we've needed the EU since we signed up to it, and have never have had an era of prosperity without it.

What do you mean by this?

As in retake the vote or people wanting to vote?

flyswatter wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

As in retake the vote or people wanting to vote?
    The people (electorate) wanted to change their mind, as was evident in the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lads, on a serious note - what happened to the property tax?

Namlub wrote: »
    Lads, on a serious note - what happened to the property tax?
    I would say the government let that furore settle for a bit so as to not piss people off before the referendum. The government will either try and get people to pay up through threatening letters and all that, which'll probably cost a good bit of what they made out of the tax anyway, or they'll try to find it somewhere no more pleasant.

It was a terrible idea, mainly because it depended on people voluntarily paying it. That still doesn't mean people who can pay it shouldn't have. The government doesn't get money to pay my college fees, pay for your secondary education and whatever else most of us are probably entitled to on this forum from trees...

Lads where does one go when they wish to buy a cheapy webcam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lads where does one go when they wish to buy a cheapy webcam?

Internet, Tesco, PeeCee Werld

Internet, Tesco, PeeCee Werld

I was in Tesco and their cheapest was 36..
    My demand is much too elastic to pay that!
    What areas of the internet? Ebay and shizz?

I was in Tesco and their cheapest was 36..
    My demand is much too elastic to pay that!
    What areas of the internet? Ebay and shizz?

Yep. Or Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Webcam-Camera-MegaPixel-Microphone/dp/B000Q3VECE/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1338736923&sr=1-1

• Advertisement

Go raibh míle is míle maith agat! :)

Ah words.......I get words.............

Ah words.......I get words.............

Tbf theres probably a hundred errors in my sentence >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

PeeCee Werld

Where in the world???

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Where in the world???

Pissy Werld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Pissy Werld

<3 WEEBL AND BOB <3

Where do they find the presenters for Spin SW :pac:

Totally Culchie like.... :rolleyes:

I must of done something to my arm last night. so sore today just i cant even remember half the stuff i was doing :D . Truely a good night. probably get the hang over tomoro :confused: . Only I can pull off something that makes no sense what so ever.
    Every person I've met I've asked them what is Guinness like. Im dying to try it im just worried i wont like it. and it just could of been a bad pour. My friend will end up drinking it and i will be out of pocket. Thank god i'll never be fond of drink. Besides vodka. But thats not the point.

Watch the Queens Jubilee. Something else ehy? Anyone got any chicken im dying for some but its too late to put on the fat fryer.

Handed my first CV in today. It was kind of a interview and i know in my heart and soul i botched it up. I was the first interviewer. all i can do is pray! To something. :pac:

Happy Sore arm day.... Back to SSW they are insane :pac:

^do not get me started on Spin SW.... :P

I've transferred to US time for E3 this week. Hoping to do a blog entry for every press conference and a few other random ones. Of the four conferences today, I've watched one. :pac: gonna be a long night. :P

ROFL:pac:

You cant go saying that US has loads of timezones are we talking east coast or west

ROFL:pac:

You cant go saying that US has loads of timezones are we talking east coast or west

LA.... so west? I suck at geography :o:o:P

My 9:30am is actually Ireland's 5:30pm for the next few days. :pac:

• Advertisement

Just pulled an all nighter. I'm in so much danger. my head just felt like it exploded got a massive wallop of air straight into the face just felt like I was hit by a frying pan wtf? Seeing things too. ugh sleep already ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Patiently waiting for the new Three Days Grace album, apparently being released in October - it's killing me...

Where the hell does Ireland manage to get its weather from. Jeez one minute its all hot spa's and cocktails with the barbie then its run for ur life Godzilla is back in town. What a strange country I swear someday I will find a leprechaun. There not just made up y'know! :P well least not with the weather I've seen.

I can wait no longer, no one replies :(

Just realizing tonight that i dont think a day has gone by when a program/soap/show has shown a baby and i have not shed a tear. They are just so cute... Really makes one appreciate life.

Also think i've found my favourite video Which i could just play it on hundreds of screens and share it with the world. or put it as a wallpaper or screen saver. Its gotten me all excited about going to the West coast San fran. Considering i've never been outside of Europe it hopefully will be a trip of a life time. but shh only ye know im going not even my friends know. im Having great will power to fight not putting it on bookface. Cant help but tell someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Quiet enough around here tonight!

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Quiet enough around here tonight!

There all on holidays sure ya see. weve been forgotten about y'know :P

I rest my Case, There is not a whole lot that can be done when i am at fault. but i tell ya that Ba8tered will be mine.. oh im not wrong about this. if i am i shall hold my head forever in shame. as if it wasnt hung i enough. Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me. But there will be no second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Pretty much given up on the getting paid work, now I'm just volunteering for places so I'll have something to do for the next few months. Bit weird switching from "I'm awesome you should hire me" to "I'm nice, you should let me help!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Lawliet wrote: »
    Pretty much given up on the getting paid work, now I'm just volunteering for places so I'll have something to do for the next few months. Bit weird switching from "I'm awesome you should hire me" to "I'm nice, you should let me help!"

It's looking the same for me. Most of my summer plans were centred on the money I'd get from work.

Although it's okay because my record for nicest rejection has just been broken! The man who runs a bookshop in town posted a handwritten letter explaining that they didn't have any vacancies at the moment, but that they'll keep my application in case anything comes up.

To the volunteering forum!

Lads...
    How do I get the password of my Eircom router thingy?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads...

It might be on a sticker on the bottom of it. Turn it upside down (carefully! :P ) and check.

It might be on a sticker on the bottom of it. Turn it upside down (carefully! :P ) and check.
    It wasnt.. Couldnt be handy like any of my friends routers!
    But Im act so proud of myself I googled how to do it and started typing in ip codes and came to this thing about wireless and just typed in this random code which wasnt actually random at all!
    Buzzzzzzzzzzzin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Lads...

Use responsibly >_> http://s4dd.yore.ma/eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Or plug your laptop into it, go the router address 192.168.1.1 and change it.

How much nudity within reason is allowed on Boards:pac:

Ya know i only dare to wonder what the hell runs through yer heads when we read one of my posts. It must be like ' oh sweet jesus here we go feckin ejits at it again' Rofl :pac:

Pics or GTFO!

*Had to be done... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

None. We insist that if you post a picture every bit of bare skin is covered in cloth. People might have impure thoughts otherwise.

Lawliet wrote: »
    None. We insist that if you post a picture every bit of bare skin is covered in cloth. People might have impure thoughts otherwise.

perfect. Danke :D believe me they would be having very impure thoughts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

What does one buy someone as a gift for their hospitality? I've basically been living in their house a lot past few weeks. Chocolates?wine?new mattress? bread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

.... directed at none of my friends list in particular....

>_>
    <_<

I hate limerick junction waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Zooey Deschanel is dead to me.

Who gets soup delivered?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement