Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is anyone watching Isle of Wight Festival on Sky Arts? Is it me or is Example miming his arse off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I missed it >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

tbh people need to stop acting like the friendzone thing only happens to guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The popular use of 'friend zone' makes me think too many people took Friends to be an accurate thesis on the dynamics of human relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Namlub wrote: »
    tbh people need to stop acting like the friendzone thing only happens to guys

True. Many's the time I've friend-zoned some dog for humping my leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Im living with 6 girls and one lad next year.. Better not be b*tchiness
    I think where i'm going to stay is usually 3 lads and 2 girls, or the other way around! All year the thing I was looking forward to was moving out and meeting new people, can't wait. Longford's a bit small you know! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Trying to decide if going for breakfast is a good idea with dodgy hungover stomach.. Why must i be such a light weight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Trying to decide if going for breakfast is a good idea with dodgy hungover stomach.. Why must i be such a light weight :(

Plain bread is the perfect hangover cure it makes it go away :).

Plain bread is the perfect hangover cure it makes it go away :).

I went with the healthy route of a double cheese burger and two alk seltzers. Feeling much better now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

edit: Dont let this scare you Togepi bbz :p Coz I don't regret anything! (bar the few drunken moments..) and lived with unreal peeps.
    UL is unraaaaaaaaaaaail. Better be your number 1! :D

I'm both scared and excited about the whole thing. :D :P And hells yeah! I think UL I've UL down five or six times on the CAO, and it's definitely going to remain my number one and number two. :D
    Jhcx wrote: »
    Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it. Friend of mine was in a 50/50(4/4) house in.......*googles UL* Kilmurry Village had an awful time with the lads apparently besides takin out the lighs and busting up a few things they got the boot in the end afaiautd(as far as i am upto date)

To be honest I don't care what gender they are, I'm just hoping half or more of them are sound. :o

• Advertisement

I've watched 4 series of Podge and Rodge A Scare at Bedtime in the last two days...

It's a good thing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I can't decide whether to go to England or stay in Ireland for uni. If I move I can have more of a chance to become independent and live away from home. If I stay I have to stay at home which I don't want and I live too close to get student accommodation. I'm not sure though my family are all in Ireland it'll be weird leaving. Everytime I make a decision start overanalysing it. I'm just letting my results decide my fate :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I can't decide whether to go to England or stay in Ireland for uni. If I move I can have more of a chance to become independent and live away from home. If I stay I have to stay at home which I don't want and I live too close to get student accommodation. I'm not sure though my family are all in Ireland it'll be weird leaving. Everytime I make a decision start overanalysing it. I'm just letting my results decide my fate :D.

Cant go wrong moving away you will have to at some stage may as well get a taste of it now. Further-est i went was to Dublin After that i realized i have missed out on everything. All my friends are in limerick so.... but that's the great thing friends can be made anywhere you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I am feeling fat and sassy

ME TOO! I had Mc donalds this morning and I've just finished chinese food. I rarely have fast food/takeaway so now i feel like a fat horrendus cow but at the same time proud that I've managed both on the same day

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

ME TOO! I had Mc donalds this morning and I've just finished chinese food. I rarely have fast food/takeaway so now i feel like a fat horrendus cow but at the same time proud that I've managed both on the same day

Im very near to finishing a monster sized bar of Aldi chocolate! Want to finish but I fear Ill never forgive myself if I do..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My spoon is too big.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Im very near to finishing a monster sized bar of Aldi chocolate! Want to finish but I fear Ill never forgive myself if I do..

Eat it and be proud!! have a glass of water, all about balance.

Wish I had chocolate :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Eat it and be proud!! have a glass of water, all about balance.

Thats enough persuasion for me! *Finishes the last 4 squares*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I love eating cherries, even if it briefly turns my life into the worst skin flick ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Trying to decide if Síle Seoige is hot or not...

Trying to decide if Síle Seoige is hot or not...

She's nothing special imo. Gráinne is more attractive but neither of them are anything to write home about.

Plus, Síle always seems like a bit of bitch, so that could be what turns me off her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin has a first honours degree in Theoretical Physics. Just saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin has a first honours degree in Theoretical Physics. Just saying...
    She was one of the judges for this chemistry presentation our year did a few months ago. She is outstandingly stupid. She didn't understand why a substance that causes chronic diarrhoea couldn't be used as a weight loss aid.

Lawliet wrote: »
    She didn't understand why a substance that causes chronic diarrhoea couldn't be used as a weight loss aid.

...puts down dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

...puts down dinner.

It's working already.

Colm! wrote: »
    It's working already.

bahahahahahahha!

Lawliet wrote: »
    She was one of the judges for this chemistry presentation our year did a few months ago. She is outstandingly stupid. She didn't understand why a substance that causes chronic diarrhoea couldn't be used as a weight loss aid.

Really? Oh dear :( Well, perhaps she'll learn the hard way...! She was the quizmaster for a chemistry quiz we took part in during sixth year and she seemed fairly clueless about it, come to think of it! BUT at young scientist she said we looked like a boy band! :')

Really is a shame about the diarrhoea, though :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

That was a lonnnng 14 hours at work. Only another few hours work tomorrow though and then heading to Dublin for RHCP on Tuesday :D

It was a really big competition day where I work today as well, where people were able to place bets on the winners, and I'm prettttty sure (if my understanding of odds is correct, which is questionable >_>) that I just won around €60 off a €10 bet!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Glad you're still alive QoL! :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Glad you're still alive QoL! :D :P

Why thank you :D :cool:

Starting to feel like death, for once I might actually go to bed early! :D

Barack Is quiet the Singer :D :pac:

The guy has serious talent. must take a lot of time to pull all those clips together

Just fyi, if you ever send a postcard and are worried that the people in the post office will read it and judge you - yes, yes they do.

UGH! My neighbors are arguing outside, I'm more annoyed that they're not speaking in english so i can't understand what they're saying rather than them arguing.

• Advertisement

Just fyi, if you ever send a postcard and are worried that the people in the post office will read it and judge you - yes, yes they do.

So the life lesson is to go to the next town and post it there :pac:

Jhcx wrote: »
    So the life lesson is to go to the next town and post it there :pac:

It all goes to mails centres anyway. I see everything >_>

... Well then you may see my 2 flying past. Maybe i could scan it and send it via email... :rolleyes:

I'm going to send 50 postcards tomorrow with nothing more than:

"Hey Namlub! Quit reading my private correspondence!"

Lemme know how many of them pass though your hands. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm going to send 50 postcards tomorrow with nothing more than:

"Hey Namlub! Quit reading my private correspondence!"

Lemme know how many of them pass though your hands. :pac:

Lol That would be something to see. . . just a load of cards to a worker.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I really need to go to Electric Picnic this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

M&S* wrote: »
    I really need to go to Electric Picnic this year!

I'm not that impressed with the lineup really. Only one act (The Roots) who I absolutely want to see. A few others would appeal like Grizzly Bear and Sigur Rós but overall not too enamoured with it.

flyswatter wrote: »
    I'm not that impressed with the lineup really. Only one act (The Roots) who I absolutely want to see. A few others would appeal like Grizzly Bear and Sigur Rós but overall not too enamoured with it.

Electric Picnic announced a few new acts including EITS, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Vaccines, Ben Howard, The Antlers and Villagers. I can't really see Explosions going but this would be my dream come true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Electric Picnic announced a few new acts including EITS, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Vaccines, Ben Howard, The Antlers and Villagers. I can't really see Explosions going but this would be my dream come true.

No one there that would really change my initial opinion on the lineup.

flyswatter wrote: »
    No one there that would really change my initial opinion on the lineup.

Different tastes and opinions :)

Knowing The Vaccines they'll pull out of doing it the weekend before. :( :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I feel like a bit of diy.

Palytoxin wrote: »
    I feel like a bit of diy.

You don't look like a bit of DIY!

hawhawhaw :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

You don't look like a bit of DIY!

hawhawhaw :P
    harharhar-de-har :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad