Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Some serious thunder and lightning going on outside here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Is it called a clap of thunder? Well yeah, there was this massive clap of thunder when I was coming home from work and like the whole car just went bright and I thought the car had crashed and I was dead. I do not like this weather >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'm jealous, I want thunder and lightning but there's nothing happening here! :(

It just knocked out the power in my estate for a few minutes, sitting in your room in the pitch dark with thunder making your windows shake is not fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Namlub wrote: »
    It just knocked out the power in my estate for a few minutes, sitting in your room in the pitch dark with thunder making your windows shake is not fun

Dont lie. Its awesome!

No :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I think smoking should just be banned everywhere forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

It's really annoying at matches and concerts, or even if people are walking along in front of you, smoking, while you're out shopping or whatever. I was walking into a pub last week and a woman I'd never even met blew smoke right into my face as I passed her at the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Togepi wrote: »
    It's really annoying at matches and concerts, or even if people are walking along in front of you, smoking, while you're out shopping or whatever. I was walking into a pub last week and a woman I'd never even met blew smoke right into my face as I passed her at the door.

I was at a concert in the point a few months ago, standing fairly close to the front so completely squashed when some tool a few people away from us decided to light up a smoke. Unfortunately security didn't notice and they has at least another 2 during the concert, I moved away after the first one, it was difficult enough to breathe as it was.

• Advertisement

I tend to just not breath (much) when I have to be in the same place as someone who's smoking. The smell still gets on your clothes though.

Had a horrific moment at the weekend when a few if us left the nightclub to get some air. I soon realised that we were leaving for an absolutely packed smoking area, rather than anywhere else where there would have been fresh air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No Smoking = No Smoking Areas
    No Smoking Areas = No Peace and Quiet When You Go To a Club
    No Peace and Quiet When You Go To a Club = AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

About a year and a half on and this video is still hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

He's soooo cute :3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Thats so freaky... Literally last night (honestly, genuinely!!) I was talking about this video with my buds.. Thats so weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »

And then I LOL'd! :)

Although, that fake trailer is probably better than movie it's mocking will be. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Piranha 3DD is one sick movie. :eek: Think im glad i didnt see it on the big screen.

Channel 4 are launching ANOTHER channel?

So now...

Channel 4
    Channel 4 +1
    E4
    E4 +1
    More4
    4Music

and in case you didn't have enough Made in Essex and Chelsea Shore, you'll now have

4-7.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Channel 4 are launching ANOTHER channel?

So now...

Channel 4
    Channel 4 +1
    E4
    E4 +1
    More4
    4Music

and in case you didn't have enough Made in Essex and Chelsea Shore, you'll now have

4-7.

:confused:
    Apart from some of their low brow stuff, Channel 4 have a lot of decent programming on their channels. I certainly wont object to getting another free channel off them, especially if it leaves more space for decent programming on other 4 channels :)

Apart from some of their low brow stuff, Channel 4 have a lot of decent programming on their channels. I certainly wont object to getting another free channel off them, especially if it leaves more space for decent programming on other 4 channels :)

The new one is going to be all of the programmes from Channel 4 from the previous week repeated.

I know it's not a bad thing to have more channels (especially free ones), but I just find it funny just how many virtually identical channels they have.

I also forgot the two FilmFour channels in the above list.

• Advertisement

I don't know about you guys but I'm counting down the days until I get RTE1+1 on the digital switchover.

I don't know about you guys but I'm counting down the days until I get RTE1+1 on the digital switchover.

And RTE News Now and RTEJr. :cool:

Is that just going to be on the free2air Saorview or will us beloved sky goers get it too

Jhcx wrote: »
    Is that just going to be on the free2air Saorview or will us beloved sky goers get it too

Sky got the HD version of RTE2 (it's channel 20? I believe) so I reckon eventually they'll get all of the ones Saorview has.

I hooked up Saorview to my bedroom TV, and it turns out Saorview is the only thing that has near perfect reception in this area. :P

Sky got the HD version of RTE2 (it's channel 20? I believe) so I reckon eventually they'll get all of the ones Saorview has.

I hooked up Saorview to my bedroom TV, and it turns out Saorview is the only thing that has near perfect reception in this area. :P

The downside to the HD is you need a HD box and you have to ring up sky:( pain in the A

Well i should hope Saorview has perfect reception after all its digital but ive kinda lost track of everything ppl in north,east and west clare are giving out about x,y and z over transmitters are they not all the bloody same

The downside to the HD is you need a HD box and you have to ring up sky:( pain in the A

Well i should hope Saorview has perfect reception after all its digital but ive kinda lost track of everything ppl in north,east and west clare are giving out about x,y and z over transmitters are they not all the bloody same

If you have the HD box you can get RTE2HD for free. ;) No need to ring Sky...

If you have the HD box you can get RTE2HD for free. ;) No need to ring Sky...

hmmmm. .... we cant. says you have to ring..`im going to look into this again.. :confused:

hmmmm. .... we cant. says you have to ring..`im going to look into this again.. :confused:

Go to Services > Add Channels. Then it's:

H
    5/6

Has to be on the HD box though, we have one of each and it only shows up on the HD box (which is ironically, the box that isn't hooked to the HDTV :pac:)

Also has to be an ROI Sky card. :)

Go to Services > Add Channels. Then it's:

H
    5/6

Has to be on the HD box though, we have one of each and it only shows up on the HD box (which is ironically, the box that isn't hooked to the HDTV :pac:)

Also has to be an ROI Sky card. :)

Ya its all legit we called to set up HD cause the card wouldnt work. ya we havent added it through the other channels just the one thats already shown on the listings. Thanks

Someone really needs to do something about our internet
    2038466564.png

• Advertisement

Someone really needs to do something about our internet
    2038466564.png

Thought you were doing bad
    2038475905.png

Thats a bloody landline which thinks im in fecking offaly or some place like that. Must get onto eircom Monday. Apparently im living halfway up the country. when in fact im in Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

1957265513.png

I think 24mb is the max we can get here, but it's expensive.

Also, yay for Dundalk.

2038490393.png

It's never this fast in the middle of the day. Hence my insomnia. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

2038499352.png

A relatively bad result for me, I'm on wifi atm. Usually sits around 6.8 down, 3.3 up. Ping is usually about 60ms.

Sad state of affairs when this is the best so far.

UPC are the only provider up to the standard of the UK companies and they have limited coverage. Broadband is a joke in Ireland, though in fairness, I am lucky our house got it in 2006, which is good going.

We only got proper broadband when I went into Leaving Cert.

Worst. Timing. Ever!

flyswatter wrote: »
    UPC are the only provider up to the standard of the UK companies and they have limited coverage.

Broadband in the UK is pretty shit, tbh. UPC are at 3x the UK's nearest equivalent by speed.

That said, we actually have one of the best fibre backbones in the world (the MAN) but no-one wants to take up the cost of installing new cabinets, as Irish consumers are flaky and will supposedly take the cheaper option over the more reliable

2038499352.png

A relatively bad result for me, I'm on wifi atm. Usually sits around 6.8 down, 3.3 up. Ping is usually about 60ms.

Sad state of affairs when this is the best so far.

Leave.

Now.

:mad::mad::mad:

Why am I using a server in Galway when I'm in Cork? That's just stupid. :\

Broadband in the UK is pretty shit, tbh. UPC are at 3x the UK's nearest equivalent by speed.

That said, we actually have one of the best fibre backbones in the world (the MAN) but no-one wants to take up the cost of installing new cabinets, as Irish consumers are flaky and will supposedly take the cheaper option over the more reliable

BT in the Uk have 76mb for 26 pounds p/m sterling and that's including calls.

• Advertisement

From what I've heard, that's extremely hard to come by.

Leave.

Now.

:mad::mad::mad:

Why am I using a server in Galway when I'm in Cork? That's just stupid. :\
    Mine's Dublin and I'm in Cork, odd

Unless our respective ISPs only have one server... I knew 3 are based in Galway, but thought surely they'd have a few regional bases. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

2038904628.png

Ehh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Mine has always been either Limerick or Maynooth, for some reason. I stopped trying to make sense of it long ago. Given the backward part of Cork I'm stuck in, I'm just glad I have an internet connection more advanced than a Commodore 64 connected to a rotary phone with a ball of twine....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

2038964014.png

My upload speed is always a million times crapper than my download. It makes it all look bad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

2039013612.png

That's the work one, not too bad, pity the computer is a piece of crap that dies if its asked to do anything complicated!

My home one is much faster thankfully, got a 3 modem a while ago which is a million times better than the 0.1 download we were getting before that >.< UPC in my college house is brilliant though.

Yay internets!
    2039021603.png

Dungarvan in waterford have a fiber optic owned by a local business.
    120mb line is their fastest at the moment.
    Bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

:(
    2039031111.png

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Hurrah!

2039044498.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement