Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I quite liked Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker,he awkward and cringey quite well.

Emma Stone is a babe so anything she's in gets a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm not much into movies but according to my friend this Spiderman was pretty much the same as the first one.

I couldn't remember the first one. I remembered certain parts. I was told the new one is more like the comics. It was weird watching a new spiderman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I loved the new one. Spiderman was more like he should be, Parker was more like he should be.
    Origin stories are always gonna be similar and a few things were glossed over but in general it was a huge improvement.
    A lot of people have said its the same as the 1st but outside the bite and his uncle dying (which were both a bit different) there was a massive amount of difference in the films

I found it quite sad when the uncle died I really felt for Parker :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I preferred the new Spiderman rather than the first batch, alot more HD and realistic i felt just the costume and the glasses just to such high quality. Friends weren't gone on the spider web thingy's but i actually liked them. i know twas the same as the first one in many ways but like starting all over again is not too bad and Andrew plays Spiderman great Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Emma Stone is a babe so anything she's in gets a thumbs up from me.

Couldn't agree more:pac:

Also, spent all night trying to figure out where I knew Uncle Ben's voice from, turns out he's the real Seymour Skinner in The Simpsons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I think it was quite different from the first one, and I think I enjoyed it more. Or maybe I've just forgotten what the first was like...

And Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are going out in real life, apparently. They're gonna have some REALLY cute babies!

They do have great chemistry on screen more than Kirsten and Tobey. I think they look really good together :).
    I loved the effects in this Spiderman it seemed very realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Looking back on the first set of spiderman films, they were actually really bad. Tobey McGuire was so miscast, and both spiderman and MJ act nothing like they did in the comics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I found it quite sad when the uncle died I really felt for Parker :(.

Thanks for the spoiler. :mad::mad::mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »
    Looking back on the first set of spiderman films, they were actually really bad. Tobey McGuire was so miscast, and both spiderman and MJ act nothing like they did in the comics

They were early days for comic book movies. Blade & X-Men were really the only ones before it so they were still learning how to adapt them after the Batman & Superman franchises went silly. 2 is still actually pretty good but both peter & spider-man were emos in them all (especially 3 -_-)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoiler. :mad::mad::mad:

:pac:

oh sorry I forgot it wasn't in the other movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

They were early days for comic book movies. Blade & X-Men were really the only ones before it so they were still learning how to adapt them after the Batman & Superman franchises went silly. 2 is still actually pretty good but both peter & spider-man were emos in them all (especially 3 -_-)
    Yeah it's just funny because at the time most people thought they were really good (well except three) but they just haven't aged well at all

oh sorry I forgot it wasn't in the other movie.

Ah don't worry about it. At least you didn't reveal the big plot twist.
    Peter Parker gets bitten by a spider and becomes Spiderman.

Double post but...

Wooot! The Android console is going ahead. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

Anyone else excited for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

"Don't use spoilers," they said.

"It'll be grand," they said.

(I'm not even joking, I've honestly never seen a Spiderman movie in full...)

/Hides

Togepi wrote: »

/Hides

I think I've seen one... I didn't care for it.

/joinsHidingSpot

Togepi wrote: »

/Hides
    I think I've seen one... I didn't care for it.

/joinsHidingSpot

Hmmm... I suggest you get to your nearest VHS DVD, Xtra vison store right this minute... or alternatively a streaming site ha ha im sure nexflix does them... and watch. which reminds me i still have to watch the end of lord of the rings 2 tooooo infinitey and beyond to the streaming site..... now i feel like watching toy story...:rolleyes:
    Goes a little something like this The Bill> H&A>Le Tour>LOTR's> Toy Story.. i should get cracking so..

Jhcx wrote: »
    Hmmm... I suggest you get to your nearest VHS DVD, Xtra vison store right this minute... or alternatively a streaming site ha ha im sure nexflix does them... and watch. which reminds me i still have to watch the end of lord of the rings 2 tooooo infinitey and beyond to the streaming site..... now i feel like watching toy story...:rolleyes:
    Goes a little something like this The Bill> H&A>Le Tour>LOTR's> Toy Story.. i should get cracking so..

Probably not a good time to mention I've seen a total of 10minutes of LOTR? And about 20mins of Star Wars... :cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah just saw the new Spiderman, way better than the old ones! +100 for Emma Stone

tumblr_m5kt5jOdE01ry92t0o1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And about 20mins of Star Wars... :cool::cool:

Woohoo, finally somebody who's seen less Star Wars than I! :D

Woohoo, finally somebody who's seen less Star Wars than I! :D

I've seen more of the Family Guy parody of SW than the actual movies. :pac:

I just watched an episode of Geordie Shore and it's actually class.Cant believe I've been missin out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Double post but...

Wooot! The Android console is going ahead. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

Anyone else excited for this?
    Why the hell do Google need to ask people for money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

flyswatter wrote: »

Its not google, its a relatively small second party, from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056696789
    I demand you all go awkward questions to Togepi now.

When's the next version of android released?

Eathrin wrote: »
    When's the next version of android released?

Jelly Bean is rolling out now for Nexus devices. God knows about different manufactures.
    Next one will probably be announced around the end of the year

flyswatter wrote: »

Not being developed by Google. And even if it was, Kickstarter would be a good way to judge market demand. There're two posts on my blog about the OUYA, it's being designed and manufactured by a guy who did the One Laptop Per Child tablet thingy a while back. The CEO is an Ex-IGN marketing exec I believe.

I'm psyched for it. I'm pretty sure every aspiring game developer had a mini orgasm when this was announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I'm psyched for it. I'm pretty sure every aspiring game developer had a mini orgasm when this was announced.

I'd be less inclined to agree. It's not as powerful as a lot of android *phones*, it's bulkier, and it won't have any exclusives. It'll also be running on a completely different architecture to "real" consoles, so ports are awkward. Hardware wise, it isn't great. It still beats out the Wii, but the wii isn't known as a powerhouse.

Exclusives? It can't have any, due to being android. If it runs on OUYA, it'll run on every other phone out there. Hell, you can run android within your computer with ease (though it's not exactly lightning quick, as you have to emulate ARM within). Android isn't a gaming platform. It's designed for phones, not consoles.

My honest opinion is that this will fail.

I'd be less inclined to agree. It's not as powerful as a lot of android *phones*, it's bulkier, and it won't have any exclusives. It'll also be running on a completely different architecture to "real" consoles, so ports are awkward. Hardware wise, it isn't great. It still beats out the Wii, but the wii isn't known as a powerhouse.

Exclusives? It can't have any, due to being android. If it runs on OUYA, it'll run on every other phone out there. Hell, you can run android within your computer with ease (though it's not exactly lightning quick, as you have to emulate ARM within). Android isn't a gaming platform. It's designed for phones, not consoles.

My honest opinion is that this will fail.

You could be right, but I still think anything that opens up development to a wider community is a good thing for the games industry as a whole. Even if it's a complete and utter financial disaster for the creators, I'll at least be able to come home at the weekends, hook up the thing to the TV and show my parents I'm not actually wasting my time with my college course. :pac:

I would also disagree that everything that'll run on OUYA will have to run on phones. Granted, they may load on phones, but phones don't have a Wii U like second screen as a controller. It opens up development possibilities.

Guess we'll find out in 10 months. :)

EDIT: I just read the specs of the thing, and it will have exclusives. The OUYA has a controller that has two analog sticks, a touchpad, d-pad and 8 buttons. What phone has that?

And very few phones have a HDMI-out, as well as a quad core processor and 1GB RAM.

Anyway, on another note, does anyone want to recommend me some fun Android apps? Looking to get a few more things on this new phone since it can actually handle stuff. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I really want to not be disappointed by The Killers but... :/

Not really loving this right now, and don't really expect to. It sounds like an amalgamation of The Killers' more recent crappier stuff and Brandon's solo stuff which is a bit hit and miss tbh. I'm sure no one else really cares but I reaaally want this album to be good. Sigh, maybe the rest will be better.

EDIT: Not really sure why I didn't post this in STYA. Maybe because I'm not really liking it all that much. Oh wellllll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Love the sound of rain on the roof :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

cloud493 wrote: »
    Love the sound of rain on the roof :)

And the sound of Sun on the roof!

(Today is summer in cork :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is Irish summer though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Slow Show wrote: »
    I really want to not be disappointed by The Killers but... :/

Not really loving this right now, and don't really expect to. It sounds like an amalgamation of The Killers' more recent crappier stuff and Brandon's solo stuff which is a bit hit and miss tbh. I'm sure no one else really cares but I reaaally want this album to be good. Sigh, maybe the rest will be better.

EDIT: Not really sure why I didn't post this in STYA. Maybe because I'm not really liking it all that much. Oh wellllll.

Have you heard the drummers solo stuff? His voice sounds the exact same as Brandons.

Love to know where this thingy came out of :/
    IMG_20120711_194558.jpg

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like something out of a voodoo layer :pac: you practicing witchcraft?

Jhcx wrote: »
    Looks like something out of a voodoo layer :pac: you practicing witchcraft?

...........No comment >_>

IMG_20120711_194558.jpg

Did you find that at home or what?

I like dragons but that is one uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly set of wind chimes.

Did you find that at home or what?

I like dragons but that is one uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly set of wind chimes.

Found it buried in my wardrobe along with
    2 belkin dsl routers
    A car stereo
    Old halloween costume bits & pieces
    Rock band drum set
    Atari Jaguar (but I knew that was there)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Found it buried in my wardrobe along with
    2 belkin dsl routers
    A car stereo
    Old halloween costume bits & pieces
    Rock band drum set
    Atari Jaguar (but I knew that was there)

I've lost track of all the things in mine tbh. I swear it's breeding more stuff or something, don't remember getting all that stuff!
    I found a bottle of vodka in it once. That was a good day...kinda like finding money in a pocket but money that could make you drunkded. :pac:

I have a chimes in my room too! If any robbers ever came in they'd smack off it and wake me up, and I'd...I dunno, cower in fear? :P

:
    I have a chimes in my room too! If any robbers ever came in they'd smack off it and wake me up, and I'd...I dunno, cower in fear? :P

I've got three sets and one used to be at my door so that if people were coming in and out I'd hear it but it got too annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Couldn't agree more:pac:

Also, spent all night trying to figure out where I knew Uncle Ben's voice from, turns out he's the real Seymour Skinner in The Simpsons!

He was also the President in the West Wing among many other things... He's Charlie Sheen's auld lad!
    Yeah it's just funny because at the time most people thought they were really good (well except three) but they just haven't aged well at all

Part of the problem is that they came out so soon after September 11th they had to try and be very patriotic and show New Yorkers united together- its left them dated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Martin Sheen was Skinner? And Uncle Ben? :eek:

Ah he's a great actor, anyone ever watch The Way? Probably not, I watched it in religion for somewhat religious reasons but unlike most of the films we watch in that class, I actually loved it. Changed my life...in a minuscule way, but changed it nonetheless. Gonna go listen to its soundtrack now. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Sheen studied here a few years ago and took the same seminar I ended up in last year. :cool:

I now want to watch Apocalypse Now.

He's our most famous alumni, second only to this guy.

letsomeoneknow300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Is that Mondo from Fair City?

No, its just the guy from this ad. I often see him around the college and find it quite amusing.

He seems to be a lot happier than he was in those ads.

Our most famous alumni is....oh wait dit have none:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

UCD has some pretty famous alumni. There's James Joyce, Patrick Science Hub, Martin Engineering, Alan O'Student Union. Loads of them.

Advertisement