Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder then i stop... pause and die a little inside.

Playing the sims, 8 hours worth of playing 6 birthdays 40 deaths(of friends) and just had a baby. alls great then i go menu ... freezes and then

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/17/34/99/53/sims_311.png

another 20 seconds and it would have all been saved.

Now i cannot play this game for a long time...

You left it go for 8 hours without saving? :confused::confused::confused: Isn't quicksave on F-something? Longest I'll go without saving in games without autosave is a half hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Lawliet wrote: »
    Since we're talking brands, avoid Nivea young like the plague. I used it a couple of time and it made my skin ten times worse. I thought maybe I was allergic to it, but several of my friends have said it made their skin worse as well.

Brands you say?
    Lil bit off the point but...I can't use Head and Shoulders shampoo, stings my scalp like fcuk. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Marfield wrote: »
    This isn't very off topic but does anyone know any good type of thing for getting rid of spots, I only have 2 or 3 but they're getting annoying. I got Clearasil ages ago and it teared up my face altogether so I guess I must have sensitive skin or something.
    I've you're willing to spend a bit more, the Vichy NormaDerm range is really good as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

My kitten is an idiot. He just jumped into the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Wants bath time maybe? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

There's a joke here about Lawliet's cat being a KamikazeKitten...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

If you gotta go, you gotta go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm attempting to pack for my holidays. I'm going for two weeks and I so far have 9 dresses, 7 tops, two skirts, and three pairs of shorts. I think I may need to narrow it down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Yep thats the one. I still find it weird that she quit and moved for him.

Small world!
    Yeah its fairly weird now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Namlub wrote: »
    I've you're willing to spend a bit more, the Vichy NormaDerm range is really good as well

The one I use is La Roche Posay...similar to Vichy, both are very good but a bit more pricey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I'm attempting to pack for my holidays. I'm going for two weeks and I so far have 9 dresses, 7 tops, two skirts, and three pairs of shorts. I think I may need to narrow it down a bit.

Interailling? Seriously pack as little as possible into as small a bag as possible, and don't bring a suitcase on wheels! I nearly threw out half my possessions to make it easier to do all the trekking around. Those 7 tops you think you'll definitely wear? You won't :pac: You'll end up despising them for sitting there being all weighty :P

Interailling? Seriously pack as little as possible into as small a bag as possible, and don't bring a suitcase on wheels! I nearly threw out half my possessions to make it easier to do all the trekking around. Those 7 tops you think you'll definitely wear? You won't :pac: You'll end up despising them for sitting there being all weighty :P

I have it narrowed down a good bit now, and I'm bringing a rucksack. I'll probably pack and change everything over the next two days though!

I have it narrowed down a good bit now, and I'm bringing a rucksack. I'll probably pack and change everything over the next two days though!

And wipes. Lottts and lottts of wipes.

I knew I meant to buy something else, I must get some hand sanitizer also! Anything else essential I should bring that you didn't think of?

I knew I meant to buy something else, I must get some hand sanitizer also! Anything else essential I should bring that you didn't think of?

I don't think there was anything we were stuck for, and there were always supermarkets if we needed stuff. Adaptors are the only other thing I can think of. I somehow manage to mess up the whole adaptor thing when I'm abroad, or at least I buy the ones advertised as "European adaptors" and then that type is only used in some countries, or in some hostels in a country and not others...I just don't understand it all! :P

I completely forgot to answer your question about the Bled hostel on the Travel thread! It was this one...it has good reviews but he was an angry man, at least to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

This has to be one of the best college pics i have ever seen/read

544402_397923130272566_307943228_n.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Since we're talking brands, avoid Nivea young like the plague. I used it a couple of time and it made my skin ten times worse. I thought maybe I was allergic to it, but several of my friends have said it made their skin worse as well.

Jumping back a few hours, I know, but still:

The Nivea after-shave balm in the white bottle can be really good for clearing up the face. It did wonders for me when I first started shaving all those years ago. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

30 euro for 8 and half hours babysitting and they were late by nearly five hours. Thats just mean :(

30 euro for 8 and half hours babysitting and they were late by nearly five hours. Thats just mean :(

Willy kick them
    Hard

• Advertisement

Willy kick them
    Hard

Im not impressed at all! Especially when they were so late and i didn't get home until nearly half 6 in the morning.

Out of curiosity, whats going rate for babysitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I feel your pain, my neighbours usually text my dad to ask me to babysit with a maximum of 30 minutes notice, they have never once been back on time (ever, and I mean that) and for ~3 hours I get like 10 euro ._.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Once my friend's sister was babysitting for this family with 6 children from 7pm to 11pm. At 10pm, she put the kids to sleep and was expecting the parents to be home at 11-12ish. At midnight she got a call telling her that they'd be a few hours late as they had met some old friends. So she sat there in front of the telly for another few hours. at 4am they rang and apologised, saying that they'd be back in the next half hour.
    She was awakened by the sound of one of the kids running downstairs at 8am, no sign of the parents.
    At 10am, they eventually pulled in and gave her €50.
    THIS IS WHY I WILL NEVER BABYSIT.

Im not impressed at all! Especially when they were so late and i didn't get home until nearly half 6 in the morning.

There really isnt one that I know of (although Ive never been ababysitter. hate children)
    Mainly depends on if theyre knobs or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

That's just not on.
    Happened to me before, as a secretary, got paid €25 and I was there for 6 hours. It's hard to argue when you haven't agreed a rate.
    30 euro would be fine for 3-4 hours I think.

tr0llface wrote: »
    Once my friend's sister was babysitting for this family with 6 children from 7pm to 11pm. At 10pm, she put the kids to sleep and was expecting the parents to be home at 11-12ish. At midnight she got a call telling her that they'd be a few hours late as they had met some old friends. So she sat there in front of the telly for another few hours. at 4am they rang and apologised, saying that they'd be back in the next half hour.
    She was awakened by the sound of one of the kids running downstairs at 8am, no sign of the parents.

And nine months later they rang her again asking if she'd babysit for 7 kids...

;)

I feel your pain, my neighbours usually text my dad to ask me to babysit with a maximum of 30 minutes notice, they have never once been back on time (ever, and I mean that) and for ~3 hours I get like 10 euro ._.

Thats unfair, thats just not even worth it!

They didn't even call me to say when they'd be home! I was told half 1 at the very latest, never again!
    There really isnt one that I know of (although Ive never been ababysitter. hate children)
    Mainly depends on if theyre knobs or not

I Wouldn't be a fan myself either, but I'm seriously broke and needed the money but i wish i didn't even bother, they totally took me for a fool!
    That's just not on.
    Happened to me before, as a secretary, got paid €25 and I was there for 6 hours. It's hard to argue when you haven't agreed a rate.
    30 euro would be fine for 3-4 hours I think.

30 Euro for 4 kids for over 8 hours is so unfair and they're not the easiest to handle either, and they weren't even sorry about it. Jesus i need a proper job soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Haha all this babysitting talk reminds me of something that happened to my friend a few years ago. There was this young couple who were planning to stay out till about four am so they told my friend who was babysitting she could stay the night in the guest bedroom and they drop her home in the morning. That was grand anyway friend went to bed at a reasonable time, then woke up at six am with the guy asleep in the bed next to her. She got straight out and slept on the couch, and then had to explain why she there to the girlfriend in the morning.
    I don't think they ever asked her to babysit again.

Haha all this babysitting talk reminds me of something that happened to my friend a few years ago. There was this young couple who were planning to stay out till about four am so they told my friend who was babysitting she could stay the night in the guest bedroom and they drop her home in the morning. That was grand anyway friend went to bed at a reasonable time, then woke up at six am with the guy asleep in the bed next to her. She got straight out and slept on the couch, and then had to explain why she there to the girlfriend in the morning.
    I don't think they ever asked her to babysit again.

Suuuuuuuuuuure she did :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Heh, nice parody of all this instagram shite that's clogging up the net.

There's no going rate really, but you should have gotten 50 euro anyway since they were so late. The family I babysit for give me a fiver an hour, but they're always gone 4 - 5 hours so it's grand. The kids are generally already asleep in bed when I arrive so I don't do anything really! If they arrive home late, or after midnight they'll give me extra out of courtesy.

I've never had anything like you've described happen to me, very cheeky imo!!

Double post...meh:pac:

Was having a gander at the Latest Purchases thread when I came across this by wnolan...
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So much better than the crappy GALAXY Mini I had. The strip at the bottom is purty as well. :)

Is the Galaxy Mini really that bad? I was planning on buying it just cos I want an android phone, but can't afford to break the bank:P

Please advise:(

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Double post...meh:pac:

Was having a gander at the Latest Purchases thread when I came across this by wnolan...

Is the Galaxy Mini really that bad? I was planning on buying it just cos I want an android phone, but can't afford to break the bank:P

I'll explain why I called it crappy.

The Main Reason:
    I bought it after I lost my old Galaxy Spica, which was more expensive and more powerful than the Mini (cost about €150 more than the Mini), and I always thought of the Mini as a kind of punishment for the idiotic actions which led to me losing the Spica.

Various Other Reasons:
    • The camera is shockingly bad.
    • The earpiece is terrible. You'll struggle to hear people on calls unless you're in a relatively quiet room.
    • It can't scan QR codes or barcodes.
    • Games and apps can take ages to load because the processor isn't great in it.
    • It's running Android FROYO, which isn't the best implementation of Android by a long shot.

There are other gripes, but these are just the ones that jump out at me right now.

But don't get me wrong, it has it's good points:
    • Being able to change message skins in your inbox is a feature I miss on my new phone.
    • You can set an unlock pattern so others can't unlock your phone, and it's added insurance that it won't unlock in your pocket.
    • It has an SDcard slot.
    • FM Radio, GPS, Google maps and navigation work great on it.
    • IT'S CHEAP AS F**K! (in a good way)

I think if it's your first Android phone it's a good place to start, but I downgraded from a better phone, so my opinion of it was always going to be slightly tinged with bitterness. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Heh, nice parody of all this instagram shite that's clogging up the net.
    I didn't realise they'd made taking and uploading pictures of mundane objects so accessible. That explains a lot.

There's no going rate really, but you should have gotten 50 euro anyway since they were so late. The family I babysit for give me a fiver an hour, but they're always gone 4 - 5 hours so it's grand. The kids are generally already asleep in bed when I arrive so I don't do anything really! If they arrive home late, or after midnight they'll give me extra out of courtesy.

I've never had anything like you've described happen to me, very cheeky imo!!

I spent about 2 or 3 years babysitting about 3 weekends every month. There were 6 families I'd babysit for and 3 of the families had 4 kids each, all under 6. I usually got €25-30 per night, and I'd generally be there from 6pm until around 2 or 3am. I should have made the fiver an hour rule!

The latest anyone came home was 5am, on the night that the time changes forward. So when they dropped me home at what was now 6am, I had to start getting ready for work at 7am straight away...:(

The stingiest ones I ever babysat for were when I minded the kids every week day, from 9-2, for 2 summers. All I got was €80 per week! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I've babysat for a few families in my time, I only have one really regular family though. During the school year, I used to babysit once a week regularly, and sometimes another night or two. I usually babysit for three/four hours and get between €15-25 per night. My babysitting adventures are much more sporadic during the summer, I get the odd night here and there, and sometimes a full day, and I get about €30 or so for a 9-6 day, which is a lot less than I'd make at work doing the same hours, but it's also a lot less work. :p

Anyway, we all know that the real crime is when there isn't any nice food in the house...

Im always like... Marketing is wasted on ppl like me. But im watching Breaking Badand yer man is eating what looks to be nuggets. So i just made myself a bowl of nuggets... now thats what i call effective marketing :pac: no one forcing me to have their product no one mentioning it but i choosing myself

Jhcx wrote: »
    Im always like... Marketing is wasted on ppl like me. But im watching Breaking Badand yer man is eating what looks to be nuggets. So i just made myself a bowl of nuggets... now thats what i call effective marketing :pac: no one forcing me to have their product no one mentioning it but i choosing myself

And that's exactly what they want you think. :pac: :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And that's exactly what they want you think. :pac: :pac:

It wasnt even mentioned. just sitting there eating... and was like listening to him crunching... but either way if they fooled me or not was the best marketing ever Although dont think they benefit in anyway from me eating another brand of nuggets:pac:

Slow Show wrote: »
    I get the odd night here and there, and sometimes a full day, and I get about €30 or so for a 9-6 day, which is a lot less than I'd make at work doing the same hours, but it's also a lot less work. :p

Really? :eek: Urgh, babysitting every day during the summer was soul destroying. I really, really hated kids after that. They were little brats though, old enough not to fall for all the usual lies..."No, we can't buy that, I have no money"..."Yes you do" *snatches purse out of bag* "Look at all your money here! Ha!" and so on. I'd pick any other work over it! I'm gunna be the best parent ever...:pac:

Babysitting younger kids is grand though, the first baby I started to mind is now 8 :eek:

• Advertisement

Think I'm going to try and come up with a list of things I want to achieve before I turn 30....though i probably won't do half the stuff but looking onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Really? :eek: Urgh, babysitting every day during the summer was soul destroying. I really, really hated kids after that. They were little brats though, old enough not to fall for all the usual lies..."No, we can't buy that, I have no money"..."Yes you do" *snatches purse out of bag* "Look at all your money here! Ha!" and so on. I'd pick any other work over it! I'm gunna be the best parent ever...:pac:

Babysitting younger kids is grand though, the first baby I started to mind is now 8 :eek:

Didn't we gather last Summer that you are the oldest person in C&H? :pac:

All you need to know
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/huawei-ascend-g300-payg

Absolute tank of a phone for a low price

Hey hey hey! There are LOADS older than me! Kids these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Suuuuuuuure.... ;)

3q76y6.jpg

How old are you?I bet you're only a paiste!

How old are you?I bet you're only a paiste!

21 :P You've been talking about your 21st coming up? I'm just a few months older :P

Ooooh...I like the look of that...and only €29 dearer! I take it that Huawei > Mini? Thanks for the lowdown on the Mini wnolan!!:p

The stingiest ones I ever babysat for were when I minded the kids every week day, from 9-2, for 2 summers. All I got was €80 per week! :(

That's really bad form! A couple of summers ago, I minded 2 kids (who were then 12 and 10 I think) for 5 weeks, Monday to Friday, 9 - 3. I used to get €125 a week and there wasn't really any minding in the kids as they were so old. Some people are getting seriously screwed over!!

Ooooh...I like the look of that...and only €29 dearer! I take it that Huawei > Mini? Thanks for the lowdown on the Mini wnolan!!:p

Bigger higher resolution screen
    More powerful processor
    Android ICS upgrade in the works (literally a few weeks at this rate but availble unoficially)
    More internal memory.
    Tbh it actually pisses over a lot of much higher priced phones. Only the camera lets it down apparently (useable but not the best)

• Advertisement
Advertisement