Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Try to go to the diving! Unf, Tom Daley (pretty sure I'm older than him actually...>_>_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

flyswatter wrote: »
    Just tuned them all in on Sky!

There's 7 football matches on tomorrow.

Oh are they tomorrow? :o

I saw the "Mens Football" listing but assumed they were on Saturday. Happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Namlub wrote: »
    Try to go to the diving! Unf, Tom Daley (pretty sure I'm older than him actually...>_>_

There's an ad on every so often with him in it. Unf indeed...he's 18 now, was 14 in the last Olympics!

I'd love to go to the swimming or diving. I wouldn't be all that bothered with athletics. Seeing Michael Phelps would be amazing. I stayed up to watch all his races in Beijing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What were everyone's favourite PS1 games?
    I remember loving FF7, Crash Bandicoot 2, Spyro Year of the Dragon and Croc.
    Must root out the 'aul thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Want 24 channels of Olympicy goodness?

Of f**king course you do!

[SIZE="1"]It just dawned on me that this might be more appropriate in the sports or TV thread...[/SIZE]

Found those by accident yesterday when retuning the tv! Delighted! The Olympics should be in London every year! :-)

Eathrin wrote: »

Metal Gear Solid. Best. Game. EVAR. :)

Also loved the Spyro games. The first two games we ever got for the PS1 were Gran Turismo and Worms (cool £99 bundle that gave you the PSone[the little one], the two games and two controllers). Worms is one of the best games to watch being played. My Dad would spend ages blowing the sh*t outta the little feckers. :P

I still maintain that the original Gran Turismo was the best Gran Turismo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Is the Diving still on in Crystal Palace Olympic pool. There going knocking it think after the Olympics :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

in relation to PS1 games, Bushido Blade was brilliant.

Metal Gear Solid. Best. Game. EVAR. :)

Also loved the Spyro games. The first two games we ever got for the PS1 were Gran Turismo and Worms (cool £99 bundle that gave you the PSone[the little one], the two games and two controllers). Worms is one of the best games to watch being played. My Dad would spend ages blowing the sh*t outta the little feckers. :P

I still maintain that the original Gran Turismo was the best Gran Turismo. :)

Can't believe I forgot worms!
    And GT was really ahead of its time for a driving game.
    I feel like I missed out with MGS. Never owned one, had Xbox afterwards.

Another great one was Tekken 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Really liked this one myself:

Rugrats_-_Search_for_Reptar_Coverart.png

Some game for one game, really brought out the intense gamer that resides somewhere inside me.

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    Really liked this one myself:

Rugrats_-_Search_for_Reptar_Coverart.png

Some game for one game, really brought out the intense gamer that resides somewhere inside me.

When I was in hospital a good few years ago, that was the only game they had for the PS1 in the game room... Remember teaching a 3 year old to play it one day. :P

It's weird not seeing your username in bold btw...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The original PS1 version of Destruction Derby was the business. I spent hours playing that with my brother. Tomb Raider 2 was epic for its time, same with the Crash Bandicoot games.

Also, does anyone remember Abe's Odyssey?

The original PS1 version of Destruction Derby was the business. I spent hours playing that with my brother. Tomb Raider 2 was epic for its time, same with the Crash Bandicoot games.

Had all of those games:D Destruction Derby was unrivalled really as far as racers go.

Abe's odyssey was terrifying to a young me! I got so much laughs from the fart feature though:P
    Brilliant game.
    172016-O017.Oddworld_Abes_Odyssey-front.jpg

The Abe games were excellent. So much fun. :)

Skullmonkeys kinda had the same vibe, got it for €1 in Gamestop when the PS1 was dead in the water. Best euro I've ever spent on games. :P

'Tis immature, but feck it, I was young. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Skullmonkeys was fantastic! As was Abe's Odyssey. And this:

37148-Medievil_II-1.jpg

MediEvil

Played it at my friends house, and I loved it!

Did anybody have Rollcage?
    1415883-rollcage_front_large.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The Malahide festival starts today :pac: I feel like I should go, but at the same time, I can't be bothered moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Played it at my friends house, and I loved it!

Did anybody have Rollcage?

Another good 'un! Think I might still have some of these games lying around. Probably a few Actua Soccer discs too.

Just took a look at my PS1 game collection:

Metal Gear Solid
    Monkey Hero
    GTA2
    Skullmonkeys
    Worms
    Hogs of War
    Die Hard Trilogy
    Spyro 2 and 3
    Gran Turismo
    C+C: Red Alert!
    Silent Bomber
    A golf game, a skiing game and a Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game.

Monkey Hero is actually pretty damn good, as is Silent Bomber even though it's a bit cheesy.

Makes me sad to list them like that... I used to have in excess of 100 but sold them all when we got the PS2... one of my biggest gaming regrets is selling them for a euro a piece. :(
    Did the same with a lot of PS2 games...
    Thankfully I've learned the lesson and am never selling a game again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

This has brought back many memories of Battle Arean Toshinden., mostly spent just laughing at it. Watch and be amazed as the chainsaw wielding player battles a weird monkey with red wolverine claws.

52414-Tekken_3_(E)-1.jpg
    Anyone? :)

I was such a winner at Tekken. And by that I mean I just mashed the buttons until I knocked the other guy out.

Crash Bandicoot was the best though, that "ooga booga" noise when he got the mask thing

I never had a playstation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I never had a playstation...

-_-
    We dont take kindly to your type around here -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Youtube has changed again, anyone know how I can get it to stop recommending videos in what use to be the subscription bar? I don't like the two being mixed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I was such a winner at Tekken. And by that I mean I just mashed the buttons until I knocked the other guy out.

Crash Bandicoot was the best though, that "ooga booga" noise when he got the mask thing

We still have Crash Bandicoot here...best game ever!

I'm coming over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

All I remember from my PS1 days is Tomb Raider, Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, Fifa World Cup '98 and a few PES games. All I did in Tomb Raider was lock the butler in the freezer. :pac:

I didn't have a playstation till my PS3 either.... I got the N64 cos it had pokemon stadium.

-_-
    We dont take kindly to your type around here -_-

I did play Worms on the computer if that's any good :pac: Also Age of Empires...I loved that game! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I did play Worms on the computer if that's any good :pac: Also Age of Empires...I loved that game! :D

Ok youve redeemed yourself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I didn't have a PS1 either I had a PS2 . I had played the first before , I loved crash bandicoot too. I used to love that game Dexter and Jak I think it's called I didn't have but played it at my friends all the time. I also loved the fighting game dead or alive.

Jak and Daxter! We have that here too, it's really good! And Sly Raccoon is full of win!:p

F*ck yes!! What a game. :)

On the Jak and Daxter note, they were always the poor cousins to Ratchet and Clank. :P

The really cool kids had gamecubes, not ps2's :cool:

cloud493 wrote: »
    The really cool kids had gamecubes, not ps2's :cool:

Oh, so the really cool kids spent five years playing one or two games over and over while the rest of us played what is the undisputed best console of that generation?

:P

F*ck yes!! What a game. :)

On the Jak and Daxter note, they were always the poor cousins to Ratchet and Clank. :P

Nearly forgot Ratchet & Clank! I have to agree with you there:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Metal gear solid 2 & 3

/thread

Oh, so the really cool kids spent five years playing one or two games over and over while the rest of us played what is the undisputed best console of that generation?

:P

I'd dispute it. The gamecube clearly had better games. Quality over quantity :pac:

Conor108 wrote: »
    Metal gear solid 2 & 3

/thread

That's how you want to end this thread?
    This is what the den has been building towards all this time, I just didn't see the answer at first, good work Conor!

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »
    Metal gear solid 2 & 3

/thread

I didn't really care for MGS3 tbh. It was good, but just not as good as MGS or MGS2 in my opinion. Tried to play it again when I got the HD collection and gave up pretty quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Thought this was a good video

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I was full sure i knew what i wanted to do in college. Now I'm split between the two and i know which ever i'll pick ill always wonder what i'd be doing if i picked the other. I'm only going into 6th year in September so i've another little while to decided.. and they're totally different choices too! Hmmm

I was full sure i knew what i wanted to do in college. Now I'm split between the two and i know which ever i'll pick ill always wonder what i'd be doing if i picked the other. I'm only going into 6th year in September so i've another little while to decided.. and they're totally different choices too! Hmmm

I'm two years into a degree, and I'm still wondering what things'd be like if I'd gone down the other road. In situations where you've got it narrowed down to two options, I don't think you'll ever be certain whether you made the right/wrong decision tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'm two years into a degree, and I'm still wondering what things'd be like if I'd gone down the other road. In situations where you've got it narrowed down to two options, I don't think you'll ever be certain whether you made the right/wrong decision tbh.

What are you studying?

flyswatter wrote: »
    What are you studying?

Multimedia and Computer Games Development in UL.

I was torn between that and TV, Radio and New Media Broadcasting in Tralee. I literally made the final decision ten minutes before the CAO deadline in July, Games winning out because I'd been interested in doing that course since I was 15, whereas Radio was (at that time) just a growing interest. :)

Story of my life! Even repeating I thought I'd be sure, but I still made my final decision only this month. And I'm still not 100% sure. My top two couldn't be more different. To decide I just went with the area of study I thought I'd be more upset to not be able to continue on with. :o Made a pros and cons list for both too. What two are you interested in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Thats what I'm thinking, it'll always be on the back of my mind that i should have picked the other. I don't like grown up decisions.
    Story of my life! Even repeating I thought I'd be sure, but I still made my final decision only this month. And I'm still not 100% sure. My top two couldn't be more different. To decide I just went with the area of study I thought I'd be more upset to not be able to continue on with. Made a pros and cons list for both too. What two are you interested in?

What are your top two? I don't know how I'm going to decide between them. Culinary arts and nursing, they couldn't be any more different. I don't think ill ever be happy with my decision which ever i go for.

What are your top two? I don't know how I'm going to decide between them. Culinary arts and nursing, they couldn't be any more different. I don't think ill ever be happy with my decision which ever i go for.

One is pure languages, the other is a design course. Certain I'd love both! In the end I went for the first one because I think it gives me more options, like I've no idea what kind of area I'd be working in with the languages I've chosen. The other was more like 'this will be your job', except not that restricting, but still, I like the openness of the languages course! Not even sure which one I'll actually get yet. :o

You could try to get work experience in places like restaurants and nursing homes just to get a feel for each option. Research both loads anyway before you go into sixth year, you won't have a huge amount of time for looking into them during the year. Loads of people end up having to decide between two very different courses for college, it's so hard to know what you want when you're our age! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Haha...do ye guys remember Clifford that big ass mega dog who could talk. It used to be on TG4.

Edit: Anyone? No.....:(

Advertisement