Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Can someone tell me whatever happened to malachy and also kay? I used to love him in behind the bar a great actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Malachy ran off with a young recovering drug addict called Lara and her baby daughter who was going to be taken into care AFAIR Lara had been raped by Terence (the madman who kidnapped and killed Lana) and found she was HIV+

I think I have that right anyway? I can't remember what became of Kay, did she go off to France to Noeleen and Stephen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

rogercar wrote: »
    Hi Angel01. Welcome back. You were missed. I suppose in fairness the actors concerned can only work with what they are given. I like Deegan, but discussing the case so openly in the local pub with one of the Bishops behind the bar and in earshot! Not very believeable! And yeah I really like all the Bishops. As I have said before any episode that has even one of the Bishops in it, is good,so I am a very happy camper when all the Bishop clan are in it. Long live the Bishops! Let's hope Paddy soon gets released!

Thanks!

I agree with the discussing in the pub, that would never happen but I put that aside, I loved him in the interview room with Barry, shouting at Barry, made good viewing!

I know my OH isn't a FC fan but has been glued to it lately, with this Denzo/Barry story and he is loving it and for a non FC fan, that says something :D

I love the Bishops, best family in the soap for me by far. I love Decco and can't wait to see how he reacts when he hears the truth... drama at it's very best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

angel01 wrote: »
    I am afraid last night was weak, Bob was like a cheshire cat smirking through telling about his son, what was that about? :confused: I normally think Bob is superb but that was a very poor scene.

As for her mother, she is hardly grieving, first she strolls into Carrigstown trying to find Sarah, tries to hop into bed with Barry (so much concern for her daughter :rolleyes:) then when she finds out she has been murdered, she is all over Bob... :eek:

Very unrealistic and who the hell drew that picture of Sarah on the wall... it is dire and if I was her, I would be insulted :D

On the upside, Wayne was brilliant, I can't get enough of watching him in the soap, he is brilliant and a fantastic actor.

Couldn't agree more, my sentiments entirely. Very unrealistic.

C-J wrote: »
    Can someone tell me whatever happened to kay?
    Saw her walking around Nolan's supermarket today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Heres a helping hand for the fair city bosses. You can raise the level of the show automatically 50 percent by getting rid of these actors.
    Someone has already pointed out that the vibe of the show is ruined, when you have a scene with good actors immediately followed by sh**e ones! It makes everybody, including the talented actors look bad.

Heres my cut list! My criteria for being a bad actor is this. Do I believe theh person? Or am I constantly aware of someone "acting"

1. Caoimhe. One of the worst actors I have ever seen in my life! The girl cannot deliver a realistic line of dialouge. Constantly has a sour puss on her and is totally OTT in dramatic scenes. Dont get me started on her drunk scenes.

2. Zumo. Just Brutal. Everything he says sounds the same!

3. Denzo. Appallingly bad.

4. Granny Bishop. Dire

5. Mark. When someone is angry. They dont have a permanent frown on their face and talk through gritted teeth ALL THE TIME!

6. Finn. He has kind of slipped under the radar because he never has a storyline. Lets keep it that way. He is one of the biggest "acting" culprits. We the audience dont need to be hit over the head with everything. Your playing a happy go lucky guy?? Great!! We dont need the "waaahay" and the winks and the clicks!! Hes like the guy at a party who pulls out a guitar and goes "Ok everybody!! Now its time to have fun!".He is OTT and forces everything.

7. Jo. Pure Panto. Never believed her for a second in the affair storyline.

Louie gets a pass because the character is useful. But he should never be given anything emotional ever again after the wretched scenes in the Carol/Christy storyline. Pretty to look at no doubt about it, but bad bad actor.

Its not a long list, and maybe ive left out 1 or 2. But i believe if these characters went. The show would be all the better for it. Its just an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

pavcro10 wrote: »

1. Caoimhe. One of the worst actors I have ever seen in my life! The girl cannot deliver a realistic line of dialouge. Constantly has a sour puss on her and is totally OTT in dramatic scenes. Dont get me started on her drunk scenes.

Yeah but she looks great in a nurse's uniform. ;)

Deegan was awful trying to interrogate Barry...he looked like he was doing an impression of Jack Nicholson in " A Few Good Men " :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I love all the Bishops so wouldn't want to lose any of them (bar Charlotte as she tends to annoy me :o) I adore the Bishops and what a superb family. I like Zumo, I wish they would have more scenes with him & Charlie, good pairing.

I would happily axe Caoimhe and maybe Sean, just as well I am not in control of the cast, I don't want to lose any others :o:D

I enjoyed Deegan interrogating Barry, I was glued to it....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"But you slept with Ian... and STOLE Keith.. "

lol... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Ah, jaysus. Two episodes ago Sarah's mammy was screaming and roaring about how everyone in Sarah betrayed her and were at fault for her death. Now, she's talking about how great Carrigstown is?

Gotta admit, I laughed when Dopey Denzo got to his feet and did his whole: "I'm sorry. I'm sorry!"

• Advertisement

Where trouble melts like lemon drops
    High above the chimney top that's where you'll find me

When she was missing did anybody try looking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

When she was missing did anybody try looking there?

Are there chimney tops in the Dublin mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

Jeez...I wouldn't kick Neasa out of bed...&I'm a girl!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So still no sign of a body for Sarah

Not mad on the communion dress all the same..

neasa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That dude playing Finn must be cursing the writers :D His character more worried about the pub and doesnt have time to get involved with Neasa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

I'll have you Neasa if you want....;)

Unrealistic storylines ?? What man would turn Neasa down ? Come on Finn, get your act together.

jos28 wrote: »
    Unrealistic storylines ?? What man would turn Neasa down ? Come on Finn, get your act together.

Unless he's after Yvonne. But seriously theres no competition there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FUNKYTOWWWN

whats neasa at with 'the wanted' posters IN HER SITTING ROOM!

• Advertisement

I was thinking that too.. I mean she's not fourteen..

Must admit i didnt even notice the posters

What a measly memorial service....Probably only about 25 people there....not exactly Ms. Popular. Surely they could have had a few more extras. :eek:

Why did Denzo and Decco go to the memorial??? They were not her friends!!!! :mad:

No Keith, Esther, Charlie, Bela, Ray, Christy, Dolores, Pete, Dermot, Jo, the rest of the Dillons, Leo, Cass, Dean or Robert at the service ?????? :confused:

Neasa looked very very very very very very very very HOT tonight. ;);););););)

max life wrote: »
    No Keith, Esther, Charlie, Bela, Ray, Christy, Dolores, Pete, Dermot, Jo, the rest of the Dillons, Leo, Cass, Dean or Robert at the service ?????? :confused:

Agree. twud have been like a who's who of fair city.

Bela should have been there at least. He was her colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Neasa should try Wayne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Neasa should try Wayne

Id hate to see that...he was bad enough trying to score Laura.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Neasa should try Wayne

He would be punching way above his weight !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I agree with you Angel. I think that Decco is a good character to watch. I think he plays (the actor) so well in that role. I had to laugh when Denzo was shaking like a leaf
    at the memorial service. Decco's reaction to him is entertaining. Bob and Rebecca was a bit too much for me this evening. I can't really understand Rebecca at all. She is just too unrealistic for me. She should be grieving for her daughter, not after every man who offers her sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Deegan reminds me of Midsomer murders at the moment or Inspector Japp in Poirot.
    I think Poirot's little grey cells are needed in Carrigstown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

ameliajane wrote: »
    I think Poirot's little grey cells are needed in Carrigstown.

Funny you should say that, because in an upcoming storyline, Charlie gets arrested by Deegan for flashing his little grey cock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement