Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Revealed next week Lucy storyline and how she knows Emily (well sort of)
    (For those who havent died of impatience)

Tuesday 10 July
    Pete is frustrated at being caught between warring Orla and Neil. Orla complains to Keith about Neil's outrageous messiness in the kitchen, before ruining one of Neil's professional chef knives to pay him back. Neil is incensed when he finds the knife. Vino's then descends into panic when Neil shows up, brandishing his chef's knife. Damien and Pete intervene, trying to get Neil to put down the knife as he and Orla go at each other. Neil refuses to yield the knife even as Damien restrains him physically, but Yvonne gets a hold of it and bars him from Vino's for life.

Pete is mortified by Neil's scandalous behaviour, but Neil is furious with Orla for her reaction to the situation - thinking that she should have known he had no intention of hurting her. Neil does not seem to appreciate the havoc he has caused, but Pete reaffirms how close he is to kicking Neil out.

Meanwhile, Wayne makes sure Lucy knows he is on her side and thinks she is a virtuous person when she pretends she has forgiven Emily for the 'bullying'. Lucy continues to make references to herself and Emily's fictional shared past in college for Wayne's benefit. However, Emily corners Lucy later and tells her that she won't tolerate a repeat of this lying behaviour. Lucy then tells Wayne that Emily has been intimidating her again, but swears him to secrecy.

Elsewhere, one of the boys who bullied Rachel shows an interest in her after she quits Vino's, Louie tries to convince Carol that an American wedding is just what she needs, while Niamh gets ready to pick up an award.

Wednesday Jul 11
    Wayne breaches Lucy's trust and confronts Emily, who denies being a bully. Wayne then tells Damien about Emily's alleged history of bullying, but Damien cautions him not to speak loosely of this before he knows the facts. Soon afterwards, Bob and Wayne leap to Lucy's 'defence' when she overreacts to Emily asking to have a conversation with her. Emily later tackles Lucy again and threatens to blow her cover, but is shaken by Lucy's fierce resolve not to own up to her deceit.

Emily decides not to let Lucy get away with her behaviour, but soon finds herself blackmailed on a technicality - one night, Lucy ran away from the psychiatric hospital and Emily took her in, as opposed to bringing her straight back to the hospital as per the rules of social work. Lucy threatens to claim sexual abuse by Emily during this runaway incident, if Emily blows her cover with Wayne…

Meanwhile, Carol is annoyed when she realises that Louie intended for them to marry in Boston, with Joey and Clara as flower girl and groomsman. Bob overhears and tells Carol that Louie doesn't deserve her. Later, when Louie deflects conversation away from Carol's strengths, Bob plants seeds about how much Louie underestimates Carol. As the day continues, Bob and Louie turn the dial way up on their hostilities in an emotional exchange about which of them is a worse father, with Bob pushing every button to get on Louie's nerves. Alone with Carol, Bob urges her to see the person Louie really is and to not marry him or she will regret it forever…

Elsewhere, Orla threatens to notify the police about Neil's knife-wielding unless Pete kicks him out, while Paul informs his staff that Rachel will be working with them.

Thursday 12th July
    Laura senses something is amiss with Emily and arranges for them to have a heart-to-heart. Lucy reiterates her threat to Emily when she sees her and seems to be getting bolder by the day. Soon afterwards, Laura is gutted when Emily breaks it off with her. Emily is upset when Laura presses her, but feels she can't explain further. Later, a devastated Laura blames Wayne and Damien for making Emily feel unwelcome, suspecting that's the reason behind the break-up.

As the day continues, Lucy shares her story of Emily's bullying with Laura, who doesn't quite believe her. Emily then drops in to see Lucy at work and advises her to see her doctor and resume medication. Lucy enlists Bob's 'protection', while piling on further threats to have her removed from the Hungry Pig for harassment and then tell the police about their fictional sordid past.

Meanwhile, Carol is annoyed that Louie keeps electing to keep Jack home from crèche to increase their quality time levels. Later, Dermot plants a seed with Louie that unmarried fathers are not entitled to fight for custody in Ireland. Louie then offers Carol the chance to select where in the States she would like to marry instead of Boston and she chooses Vegas.

Elsewhere Dolores insists that Pete should stay with her until his back is better, while Rachel declines a date with an eager Graham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Neil is a chef like Dean was but no mention of any of them training at it at all :rolleyes:

Pete was unfair kicking Orla out

Neil is some dope
    It was mentioned before that Dean was qualified the time he wanted to teach that female chef with the brown hair. Neil probobly trained in London, he was there long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

eternal wrote: »
    It was mentioned before that Dean was qualified the time he wanted to teach that female chef with the brown hair. Neil probobly trained in London, he was there long enough.

I think Dean trained in the Navy.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to Pete's wife aka Doug and Neil's mother? Is she dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

What happened to Pete's wife aka Doug and Neil's mother? Is she dead?

She walked out on them, I dont think we've ever met her. I have to say I'm liking Neil, at least he has a bit of energy about him.....I wish they'd bring Doug back, reckon they'd have some good banter together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Im hoping dougs bro gets with sash to reunite the dan and becks chemistry.
    I hope pete is throwing a few quid to delores for his keep now that he is subletting his room and making a fortune from the luke business.
    There is a lot of canadian money flowing around carrigstown all of a sudden. Its great for the economy.
    The funny thing about fair city is nobody has been made redundant what with the recession an all. Ray was a dole cheat but apart from that they have no mention if it. Cas even works a few hours in vinos. Even neill would he not have to go sign on now that he turned up with nothing but the clothes on his back . Maybe he should take a jobsbridge scheme and work in currys as a van assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

cloptrop wrote: »
    I hope pete is throwing a few quid to delores for his keep now that he is subletting his room and making a fortune from the luke business.
    There is a lot of canadian money flowing around carrigstown all of a sudden. Its great for the economy.
    The funny thing about fair city is nobody has been made redundant what with the recession an all. Ray was a dole cheat but apart from that they have no mention if it. Cas even works a few hours in vinos. Even neill would he not have to go sign on now that he turned up with nothing but the clothes on his back . Maybe he should take a jobsbridge scheme and work in currys as a van assistant.

Emmet Kirwan (Neil) was in Sarah & Steve not Dan & Becs. Stephanie Kelly (Sash) wasn't in either programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Wasn't Orla (Niamhs cousin) let go from her great PR job cos of the recession and she had to move somewhere else and thats how she got into trouble using Dermots/Niamhs credit cards to pay for stuff and then she couldn't pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Did Paul's mother suffer a mental breakdown and will she be making a reappearance?

Emmet Kirwan (Neil) was in Sarah & Steve not Dan & Becs. Stephanie Kelly (Sash) wasn't in either programme.

Yepsarah and steve exactly

• Advertisement

Jewow wrote: »
    Wasn't Orla (Niamhs cousin) let go from her great PR job cos of the recession and she had to move somewhere else and thats how she got into trouble using Dermots/Niamhs credit cards to pay for stuff and then she couldn't pay it back.
    Yeah but in all that time she never signed on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Orla was flat stony broke down to her last few quid and reduced to pawning off personal possessions for a fraction of what they were worth.
    A few weeks later she was back buying expensive dresses, shoes and handbags etc.
    That's what I love about FC - it's so true to life. ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

The single is out August 5th. I reckon it'll tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

The new chef guy is really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Huh?! Do we know what the story is with Lucy and Emily or is it going to be dragged out for aaaaaaaaaages!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I hate him, most annoying character ever. The accent is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I remember she did try to sign on but was told she was entitled to nothing as she was self-employed and there was some issue with her taxes (prob in arrears I think)
    There was an episode going through the mortification of signin on etc blah blah and then was told that she could not get a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Sash's hair is like straw, she needs to get it sorted, it's Cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

MJ23 wrote: »
    I hate him, most annoying character ever. The accent is painful.
    How quickly Val gets forgotten. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

DeepBlue wrote: »
    How quickly Val gets forgotten. :pac:

Who's Val?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

that chef guy drives me mad thinks hes better than everyone else even tho hes lower thank everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Don't ask me why but I kinda get turned on when I see Laura and Emily together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I went to school with Emmet Kirwan (Neil). He is a sound enough bloke but he really only has the one default setting when it comes to acting which he has been doing since the school plays all those years ago. The accent and shapes he makes are the way he goes on in real life. I hope it works out for him but I'm not sure if the character will be that successful if I'm honest.

Cazale wrote: »
    I went to school with Emmet Kirwan (Neil). He is a sound enough bloke but he really only has the one default setting when it comes to acting which he has been doing since the school plays all those years ago. The accent and shapes he makes are the way he goes on in real life. I hope it works out for him but I'm not sure if the character will be that successful if I'm honest.
    I think he is kinda cute really. Something about him.

closeline wrote: »
    Don't ask me why but I kinda get turned on when I see Laura and Emily together.
    It is completely normal for a guy to have lesbian fantasies. It would be the number one thing which would turn a guy on. Wouldn't worry about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Cazale wrote: »
    I went to school with Emmet Kirwan (Neil). He is a sound enough bloke but he really only has the one default setting when it comes to acting which he has been doing since the school plays all those years ago. The accent and shapes he makes are the way he goes on in real life

I'm guessing that we're not talking about Blackrock College here...

I dont mind him tbh I dont think he is the worst character

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

eternal wrote: »
    It is completely normal for a guy to have lesbian fantasies. It would be the number one thing which would turn a guy on. Wouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't call those two fantasy material though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Yepsarah and steve exactly

He was in Sarah & Steve, Sash wasn't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement