Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I hate Lucy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

That was a pretty good episode, has to be said.

I find Laura hot, anyone with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dunny! wrote: »
    Whats with the hair on your man sniffing round Rachel?!?

Power must have went out in the barbers :D

He's a weird lookin' chap alright.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Samich wrote: »

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

He can only afford half a hair cut :-)

Douchebag.
    Finally we get some insight into the Lucy storyline.

wtf bob crying you got as good as you gave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If she dressed up a bit then maybe.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Douchebag.
    Finally we get some insight into the Lucy storyline.

I was thinking they had a fling back in the day. Mustn't be it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

My mom was thinking that Pete's son is going to end up taking Pete's meds. I think that the whole Pete's back scene was just taken from Fair City's lists of things to do when they run a few minutes short of the timeslot, including:

Pete putting his back out for the millionth time
    Bela moaning to Yvonne about something
    Paul giving Rachel a hard time
    Dermot, and now Lucy, giving someone the thousand yard stare
    Extended scenes of people sitting uncomfortably in the Halpin's front room
    Minutes-long Cass stories
    Bob and Louie sniping at each other
    Carol and Louie arguing
    Louie going on and on about Boston

What else does Fair City keep doing to stretch out the runtimes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emily :p

I hope someone smacks Lucy soon cant stand to see her face anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

they'd want to wind up the lucy story soon, its going on lonf enough and looks like now theyre goin to drag the arse out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 roise8

I miss watching Christy sweeping outside Spar. Those were the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 roise8

Is Lucy related to Hannibal Lecter by any chance?

I get the same feeling watching her scenes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

betonit wrote: »
    they'd want to wind up the lucy story soon, its going on lonf enough and looks like now theyre goin to drag the arse out of it.

How long is it actually going on, looked back through the threads to see when did she start popping up, but couldn't get a definite. Was it this year she started or last? They really know how to drag it out anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Had a look at Digital Spy, no sign of any answers all next week either :( WAAAH!

Oh, and the scene with the 2 of them in the park when Lucy said it's "my word against yours" to Emily...?
    Ya the word of a trusted social worker, or the word of a mentally deranged lunatic??

Hmmmmmmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Decent enough episode - getting bored with the Lucy story at this stage but I have to say the actress does cold and callous quite well (by Fair City standards)
    I have to say that although Bob was antagonising Louis, my jaw dropped when Louis said it to him about his kid and I have to say I felt sorry for him.

What happened Bob's son?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

If I remember correctly, Bob's 3-year-old son drowned at the beach, and Bob couldn't get to him to save him. It has haunted him ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

For anyone who might be interested, actress Lorna Quinn gave an interview about Lucy. Her answers are pretty vague (I guess she can't give much away) but from the way she was talking, I'd say the Lucy storyline is far from over.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/video.html#3340005,3340005,flash,255

Sidenote: I'd rather the Lucy storyline any day over the Louie/Carol storyline. At this point I'm ready to pack Louie's bags and buy him a one way ticket to Boston.

cold case wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, Bob's 3-year-old son drowned at the beach, and Bob couldn't get to him to save him. It has haunted him ever since.

I'm not a big fan of Bob but any time his son is mentioned it makes me sad.

This weeks RTE FC poll: Lucy seems unstoppable. Who could take her down? Laura or Pete?

Okay, I get Laura... but what does Pete really have to do with that storyline right now? He's more upset about his psycho son's chef knives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

youwould wrote: »
    This weeks RTE FC poll: Lucy seems unstoppable. Who could take her down? Laura or Pete?

Okay, I get Laura... but what does Pete really have to do with that storyline right now? He's more upset about his psycho son's chef knives.

I guess because Laura and Pete have always been the characters who never really buy into Lucy's stories and see something is off with her and will be quicker to notice that her stories contradict each other or don't make sense, as opposed to Dolores and Wayne who think the sun shines out her arse and she can.do or say no wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I find emily and laura a bit odd? Laura, a fitness instructor and some one the size of a house.

And would they ever change the small denim jacket on emily and give her something that fits her. I cant stand the look of her.

youwould wrote: »

Pete is going to be staying at Dolores flat while his back is healing so maybe Lucy goes mental on him :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I find emily and laura a bit odd? Laura, a fitness instructor and some one the size of a house.

They do say opposites attract :p

You do know not everything is about looks, right? I don't think Laura is that shallow. And I happen to find Emily quite appealing.

What I dont get is Emily and Lucy are around the same age how could Emily be her social worker or was Emily a child prodigy :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What I dont get is Emily and Laura are around the same age how could Emily be her social worker or was Emily a child prodigy :p

Emily was her social worker?! When?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement