Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emily was her social worker?! When?

I assume that is how they meet and why Emily took her in and let her stay the night with her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What I dont get is Emily and Laura are around the same age how could Emily be her social worker or was Emily a child prodigy :p

You mean Lucy and not Laura?
    Don't think Emily was her social worker. She found her when she "escaped" or whatever from the mental hospital and tried to calm her down by bringing her to her flat as Lucy refused to go back to the hospital that night. Which I guess aint protocol! Lucy is trying to make out Emily made advances to her on perved on her. Not many people esp in Emilys work know she is gay and she likes to keep it private so she might be worried people would believe lucys claims!

When it all comes out I hope Dolores smacks Lucy that would be great seeing how much Lucy is obsessed with her!

Louie is a passive aggresive fart.
    Carol is a complete cow to Sash as much as Louie likes to be in control so does Carol and she takes it out on Sash as she's the only one she could try and control.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    You mean Lucy and not Laura?
    Don't think Emily was her social worker. She found her when she "escaped" or whatever from the mental hospital and tried to calm her down by bringing her to her flat as Lucy refused to go back to the hospital that night. Which I guess aint protocol! Lucy is trying to make out Emily made advances to her on perved on her. Not many people esp in Emilys work know she is gay and she likes to keep it private so she might be worried people would believe lucys claims!

When it all comes out I hope Dolores smacks Lucy that would be great seeing how much Lucy is obsessed with her!

Louie is a passive aggresive fart.
    Carol is a complete cow to Sash as much as Louie likes to be in control so does Carol and she takes it out on Sash as she's the only one she could try and control.

I meant Lucy :o

I think Emily must have been involved in Lucy's case that landed her in the looney bend or else why would she take in a looney stranger off the street

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I meant Lucy :o

I think Emily must have been involved in Lucy's case that landed her in the looney bend or else why would she take in a looney stranger off the street

True! Or maybe just because she was a social worker and likes to help looney strangers :pac: Think she mentioned something about working on another case of some other girl and seeing Lucy at the hospital...maybe she then recognised her on the street.

Really hope they don't drag it out.:mad:

I think about this whole wedding in Boston, Louie is thinking off moving over there bet he will bring up the idea nearer the wedding. Folks making reference to how fast the kids grow up and him looking sad about it and missing out on loads of stuff with them. It's tricky but Carol really shouldn't dig her heels in about the other kids esp all this they are "half brother and half sister" and "it's good to establish that early on". Feic sake Carol they are just as equally important as Jack is! No need to try and cause a feicin wedge between them just because you are feicin insecure :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Louie will move to Boston and Carol will start shifting Cass on the same day :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

lauras acting like a needy puppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 roise8

Psycho Lucy is doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

i want the lucy story to end cos im impatient.

Carol & louie is just awful stuff, i sky+ FC(kids bedtime) and fwd straight through the louie scenes. It would have been better if Christy turned out to be jacks father, as it is theres nothing left in louie's story..carol can always go on the razz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Has anyone a rational explanation for yer man Graham's hair????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Watched Fairly ****ty for the first time in 2 months today. Its amazing, basically nothing has changed! Between the bickerings of Carol and louie and that ridiculously prolonged lucy story, glad to see our tv licence is well spent! Only positive was not a Bishop or a Kilkenny Clan member in site. Only plot change was laura likes her BBWs and Sarah and Steve have joined the cast, although no sign of Sarah, just Steve with a terrible Dublin accent and an even worse depiction of pain. Ill say something, fair city writers, ye are consistent!

• Advertisement

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Watched Fairly ****ty for the first time in 2 months today. Its amazing, basically nothing has changed! Between the bickerings of Carol and louie and that ridiculously prolonged lucy story, glad to see our tv licence is well spent! Only positive was not a Bishop or a Kilkenny Clan member in site. Only plot change was laura likes her BBWs and Sarah and Steve have joined the cast, although no sign of Sarah, just Steve with a terrible Dublin accent and an even worse depiction of pain. Ill say something, fair city writers, ye are consistent!

sash is a bishop...:D

Id love to see niamh and emily have a sumo wrestle! For charity of course! With their trenchcoats on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

youwould wrote: »
    For anyone who might be interested, actress Lorna Quinn gave an interview about Lucy. Her answers are pretty vague (I guess she can't give much away) but from the way she was talking, I'd say the Lucy storyline is far from over.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/video.html#3340005,3340005,flash,255

Sidenote: I'd rather the Lucy storyline any day over the Louie/Carol storyline. At this point I'm ready to pack Louie's bags and buy him a one way ticket to Boston.

After watching this I am so relieved to see that the actress seems much more normal that Lucy. I was afraid that she was a robot in real life too! :D

xylophones wrote: »
    sash is a bishop...:D

thanks padantic Pat, i didnt see her tbh. Heard a reference that she was outside the shop with louies kid @ 1 stage but must of missed her. Its inevitable that all i missed was her and carol hissing at eachother or her serving a pint so no harm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Has anyone a rational explanation for yer man Graham's hair????

He thinks it's "kewel"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Congrats Galwayguy, you just got the 5000th FC post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Niamh said that Rachel will be buying the cakes with the money she has earned.
    She needs to stay away from the cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Id love to see niamh and emily have a sumo wrestle! For charity of course! With their trenchcoats on!

Two BIG units. What a battle that'd be. I'd pay to see it. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Jikashi wrote: »
    Regarding Lucy - she was introduced to Dolores as the benefactor of her dead daughter's organ donation. It was so long ago I can't remember, did Dolores actually have medical evidence of this or did she just take Lucy's word for it? Because if it turns out to be false it could add to her Dolores obsession and/or possibility of her being Harry's illegitimate daughter. Guess when this storyline finally comes to a conclusion, I'll get my grandkids to tell me how it finished.

I was only thinking about earlier on - I hope when the storyline comes to an end we find out why Lucy made a beeline for Dolores and also about Lucy's mother - remember she made the phone call and got her mother's voice mail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

Haven't seen Fair City all week until tonight... But can someone tell me who in the name of God was that guy with the most awful hairstyle I have ever seen in my life? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

deelite wrote: »
    I was only thinking about earlier on - I hope when the storyline comes to an end we find out why Lucy made a beeline for Dolores and also about Lucy's mother - remember she made the phone call and got her mother's voice mail...

I'm sticking to my original prediction - Lucy was or felt responsible for her Mother's death, hence the fascination with Dolores. If there is a prize at the IFTAs for most dragged out storyline, this would win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

After watching this I am so relieved to see that the actress seems much more normal that Lucy. I was afraid that she was a robot in real life too! :D

I thought she was trying too hard to appear normal and is actually a robot underneath it all.

i liked that guys hair,however it doesnt really go with the look of short tracksuit bottoms (though does anything) methinks he's in need of some skinny jeans or chinos....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Im a size 16 due to serious illness and to be honest the comments on here about weight are a bit much. Sometimes people can become overweight due to no fault of their own. Don't be so judgemental, even though I hate this size and am usually a ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

eternal wrote: »
    Im a size 16 due to serious illness and to be honest the comments on here about weight are a bit much. Sometimes people can become overweight due to no fault of their own. Don't be so judgemental, even though I hate this size and am usually a ten.

I agree. I don't think anyone would say anything like that if we knew emily had a condition but the chances are she doesn't.

Samich wrote: »

I agree. I don't think anyone would say anything like that if we knew emily had a condition but the chances are she doesn't.
    I wouldn't be as big as her and you're probobly right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

The comments are lazy if anything

WHY DO fair city but that wrong thumbnail on there video tonight episode on the player should rachel with a hickey

pookiesboo wrote: »

The comments are lazy if anything
    Could you extend your explanation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Angel01?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement