Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

maggienx wrote: »
    Haven't seen Fair City all week until tonight... But can someone tell me who in the name of God was that guy with the most awful hairstyle I have ever seen in my life? :eek:

That was Christy Phelan. He runs the Spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

eternal wrote: »
    Could you extend your explanation?

Its fairly self explanatory. Fat jokes about Niamh, Emily, whoever, its obvious that they are big girls so why point that out? Its not like we cant see what size they are?! Whereas some people on this thread have made actually witty comments about FC characters without having to resort to make cliche (who ate all the doughnuts, niamh will break that swing etc) fat jokes about someone, anyone could come up with them, they've been done to death, hence my comment 'lazy'. Hope I extended my explanation enough for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 roise8

I am fed up with Louie and Carol too. I find Louie boring and I think it was only a watchable relationship (well sort of) when it was the Louie/Carol/Christy scenario. It has gone downhill since it was revealed that Jack was indeed Louie's son. I couldn't care less whether they split up tbh. Fair City needs to get some decent storylines soon or I'll be turning off the remote and watch the rain falling outside. I think it would be more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

roise8 wrote: »
    I am fed up with Louie and Carol too. I find Louie boring and I think it was only a watchable relationship (well sort of) when it was the Louie/Carol/Christy scenario. It has gone downhill since it was revealed that Jack was indeed Louie's son. I couldn't care less whether they split up tbh. Fair City needs to get some decent storylines soon or I'll be turning off the remote and watch the rain falling outside. I think it would be more interesting.

+1. From what I remember, Louie used be a pretty good character when he came into it first but he's just been doing the same thing in every single episode for the last few months. Either get rid of him, or let his cocaine habit relapse and that might be a bit more exciting!

+1. From what I remember, Louie used be a pretty good character when he came into it first but he's just been doing the same thing in every single episode for the last few months. Either get rid of him, or let his cocaine habit relapse and that might be a bit more exciting!

There was some bit of tension there at the beginning between Yvonne and himself and a bit of an edge to Louie. He was a sort of shrewd business man, The cocaine habit story was neglected and he became a bit boring for my liking. If he had an affair with the ex-wife or had a dodgy dealing with a criminal or something. Carol and himself had a bit of a spark but it has gone and he has definitely become a bit of a Ken Barlow character now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :(. Louie, you need to get yourself some cocaine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Its fairly self explanatory. Fat jokes about Niamh, Emily, whoever, its obvious that they are big girls so why point that out? Its not like we cant see what size they are?! Whereas some people on this thread have made actually witty comments about FC characters without having to resort to make cliche (who ate all the doughnuts, niamh will break that swing etc) fat jokes about someone, anyone could come up with them, they've been done to death, hence my comment 'lazy'. Hope I extended my explanation enough for you

my sumo wrestling comment had never been done since this thread started, so I plead immunity on the charge of it being 'lazy'. If someone else repeats it though, i will let you know Angel!

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    my sumo wrestling comment had never been done since this thread started, so I plead immunity on the charge of it being 'lazy'. If someone else repeats it though, i will let you know Angel!

Who the fudge is Angel?!

Who the fudge is Angel?!

A biker probably.

Don't take the comments personally. This is only a chat about a tv soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JJ_JJ

I dont think anyone can say "dont take it personally" its only chat. I log in here from time to time cos peops are usually good at guessing the storylines. and the spoilers are good too :) .
    But all the comments about peoples weight etc is awful. so what they are big an if ya want to say it fine. but constantly putting people down cos of Can we talk about the show? rather then coming on here to take our stuff out on the way people look. its not fun anymore.

whats lucy gonna do next? cant believe what shes at...scary!

• Advertisement

Don't take the comments personally. This is only a chat about a tv soap.

Thing is Im not taking them personally, Im a size 10 so if I guess if I was overweight or whatever than yeah, I probably would be taking it personally. My only gripe was that there are genuinely funny comments on the FC thread, which is why I comment on them myself, its just the fat jokes have been done to death and repetitive and when I said that, some people took that personally, that is all!

I wonder does Lucy have any equally mad relations?
    Fair City could do a spin off called NOT THE WALTONS

Jesus, Im sorry I opened my mouth, now Im getting private boards messages over it, all I said was how many more fat jokes are there to be said over certain fc characters that havent been said before, ie they have all been done and theyre tiresome, THATS ALL!!
    Im not some campaigner to remove all fat jokes from forums because they are offensive! my post was to do with with the repetitiveness of the jokes. That is all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

how come there appears to be a different writer every night????

Pete is asking for raspberry jam, looks like hes got the munchies from those painkillers

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

how come there appears to be a different writer every night????

They're going to keep going till they get a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Jesus, Im sorry I opened my mouth, now Im getting private boards messages over it, all I said was how many more fat jokes are there to be said over certain fc characters that havent been said before, ie they have all been done and theyre tiresome, THATS ALL!!
    Im not some campaigner to remove all fat jokes from forums because they are offensive! my post was to do with with the repetitiveness of the jokes. That is all :rolleyes:

Report the PMs.

Thats ridiculous.

I knew Graham looked familiar

chandlera.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

the poor boy with the 'hair' is only trying to be a cool teenager. he looks a bit like the boy who collects my milk money!

is louis leaving?....

lucy is starting to frighten me with her big eyes and her lies

i think the only people who find fat jokes offensive are fat people. what people are trying to say, and i think its valid. that in the real world a fitness instructure would not date an obese person unless they wanted to starve them and train them and make them thin. people in this line of work tend to find fat people repulsive/or a challenge....

iceblue wrote: »
    the poor boy with the 'hair' is only trying to be a cool teenager. he looks a bit like the boy who collects my milk money!

is louis leaving?....

i think the only people who find fat jokes offensive are fat people. what people are trying to say, and i think its valid. that in the real world a fitness instructure would not date an obese person unless they wanted to starve them and train them and make them thin. people in this line of work tend to find fat people repulsive/or a challenge....

Sounds like a Kenny Rogers song

• Advertisement

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I wonder will Doug come back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

I wonder will Doug come back?

Who's Doug?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

el diablo wrote: »
    Who's Doug?

Pete's other son he was friends with Sean

Does Bob have a thing for Carol or is he just winding up Louis?

I think it is a bit of both tbh.

Pete certainly has two unusual sons.

I think it is a shame that Wayne didn't overhear his nutty girlfriend warning Emily the other night. I hope that Laura or Dolores will overhear one of her warped messages and get an idea of how weird Lucy is.

Just saw the clip of Lucy's interview (Lorna Quinn). She didn't give much away but at least she is not like her character at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I saw "Lucy" (Lorna) playing Jo in Little Women a few months ago and she kinda ruined it for me - played Jo as some sort of hyperactive hysteric - much like Lucy. So sick of this story now.

Just wondering - I though I saw Doireann Ni Chorragáin's name (Ali) as a writer on an episode this week. Was I imagining it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What's the story with that? There's a different writer for every episode. Is there a general story line, i.e Louie is going to America, and then the writers are told to lead up to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone think Lucy really did get Jessica's corneas ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement