Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Samich wrote: »
    What's the story with that? There's a different writer for every episode.
    Well they're chugging out 4 half hour episodes a week so I'd say things move fairly fast in FC HQ. I doubt one writer could keep on top of it if they had to do four episodes in a week.

On Breaking Bad there would be one lead writer per episode and they would take it in turns. The rest of the writing team would pitch in and embellish or polish up bits of the story but it would still be the main responsibility of one writer. This was mentioned on one or more of the BB podcasts. (it's probably sacrilege to mention BB on the FC thread :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Well they're chugging out 4 half hour episodes a week so I'd say things move fairly fast in FC HQ. I doubt one writer could keep on top of it if they had to do four episodes in a week.

On Breaking Bad there would be one lead writer per episode and they would take it in turns. The rest of the writing team would pitch in and embellish or polish up bits of the story but it would still be the main responsibility of one writer. This was mentioned on one or more of the BB podcasts. (it's probably sacrilege to mention BB on the FC thread :pac:)

(Yes) :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 roise8

This link is not the best but it is www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/storywriters.html

The actress who played Shelley wrote episodes for FC as did the actor who played Terrence. If Ali did write an episode, she seems to be another former cast member writing for FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Id love to see niamh and emily have a sumo wrestle! For charity of course! With their trenchcoats on!

That would be inner city sumo I think:D

Looking forward to seeing Yvonne's story next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Could they not give Eamon morrisey a serious storyline. The comedic cass is getting a little boring (very boring). The only serious storylines they grant the pensioners on FC revolve around health problems so it would be nice to see a change. Although they have stereotyped his character so much, a serious story would be very difficult. Most soap writers are able to give their characters both a comedic and personable side. Only a few characters in F C are capable of both.

Jack Duckworth in Corrie was good at the comic and the serious stuff too.
    This is only a personal opinion but sometimes I think there are too many characters in FC.
    They have so many, they don't know what to do with them, yet they are always bringing in new characters and making them centre stage for a while before they either disappear or emigrate to Australia or Cork.

roise8 wrote: »
    This is only a personal opinion but sometimes I think there are too many characters in FC.
    They have so many, they don't know what to do with them, yet they are always bringing in new characters and making them centre stage for a while before they either disappear or emigrate to Australia or Cork.

id disagree, you can never have too many characters. It is just how they use them. The characters they have only interact mostly with certain other characters which is why they arent developed properly. Or else they disappear for 6 weeks (where is Leo?!) and return to continue the same storyline? Character interaction is what builds up a character and when you see a character like for example caoimhe spending a year just scowling at Decco or carol spending the overwhelming vast amount of her screen time arguing with her onscreen husband, it irritates you subconsciously. It isnt that you are irritated by Carols hottempered personality but that you only see it being exasperated with (mainly) one other character. Even the lucy story is starting to get a little interesting now that a few other characters (the only gays in the village) have been thrown into the mix. For too long it was just dolores, wayne and lucy. Stories need layers, character interaction offers such.

Also, id have to say there are better examples of comedy and serious roles out there than jack although he was good. The best at the mo are the massoods (the father and mother) imo and steve mcdonald can pull both off also, although somewhat unintentionally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The actress who played Shelley wrote episodes for FC as did the actor who played Terrence.

Yes. Terry McMahon. The tool who brought us this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

and Galway:)

Jack in Corrie was a legend, not replaced at all. Maybe its also a case of too many writers in FC, storylines can be very disjointed at times. ie each writer favours a particular set of characters, so its a bit merrygoroundish

I'd say it's terry McMahon chap that favours them Kilkenny ones. They're a dose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Has anyone seen Charlie Casanova? I just saw the trailer there and googled it. It has its detractors, but there seems to be a small group of people who love it.

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Charlie Casanova? I just saw the trailer there and googled it. It has its detractors, but there seems to be a small group of people who love it.

Yes. I thought by looking at the trailer it could be a good one. Didn't read up on it before and suggested to go see it with a few others.

Spent the rest of the evening and few weeks trying to defend that heap of shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

DeepBlue wrote: »

Could you imagine Walter and Jessie cooking meth in Cass's ice cream van ? And selling it to Bella Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

MJ23 wrote: »
    Could you imagine Walter and Jessie cooking meth in Cass's ice cream van ? And selling it to Bella Doyle

If you had to recast Breaking Bad from Fair City, who woud you pick? I think Bob Charles is a no-brainer for Walter, but after that I'm struggling.

Jessie - Doug, yo.
    Skylar - Yvonne.
    Hank - Paul Brennan.
    Gus Frings - Louie

The new guy, Tracy and various Bishops could supply the meth-heads and trailer-park hookers. Special guest appearance from Goo Eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I bet Caddle will ride Bob soon. Poor Bob hasn't got the ride for ages. He must be very blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bjer

Fair city, Breaking Bad in the same sentence - impossible.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bjer wrote: »
    Fair city, Breaking Bad in the same sentence - impossible.:confused:

Yes Fair City is miles better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Havent watched FC in a while, but this story about Rita being in the nursing home is ridiculous... The whole storyline is happening off screen.. I mean if it was on the radio, they could at least make a few hospital noises.

• Advertisement

Séan has lovely biceps.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bjer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes Fair City is miles better :p

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Havent watched FC in a while, but this story about Rita being in the nursing home is ridiculous... The whole storyline is happening off screen.. I mean if it was on the radio, they could at least make a few hospital noises.

Agreed and we haven't even heard Rita's bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I think it's about time Yvonne puts Bella in a nursing home,the old man is starting to get on my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

IsMiseLisa wrote: »

Friends of the director probably

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I'd avoid Charlie Casanova, it purely a rant. Like my Big Bang Theory thread, but not as enjoyable. :)

Fair City V Breaking Bad mmmm yes any soap V Breaking Bad

Walter - Barry O'Hanlon
    0003186f-120.jpg
    Skylar - Niamh
    00033617-120.jpg
    Hank - Pete
    00031864-120.jpg
    Jessie - Dezzo Bishop
    00033616-120.jpg
    Walter Jr - Robert
    00031882-120.jpg
    Marie - either Orla or Caoimhe
    0003df96-120.jpg0003a20d-120.jpg
    Saul - Bob
    0003185c-120.jpg
    Gus - Louie
    00031863-120.jpg
    Mike - Tommy
    0003a20f-120.jpg

As for Rita's storyline, they could always have her in a wheelchair and we only see her back, or we see her being moved in and out of ambulances in a stretcher, and every now and then her hand and a slight mutter.

Rita: [mutters]Where's me Jimmy? Is he still at the football in England?
    Bella: No love he's of in Australia
    Rita: [mutters] Where's me Yvonne?
    Yvonne: I'm here ma.
    Rita: [mutters] when did you get so goodlooking?
    Yvonne: 1999 or so
    Rita: [mutters] where's my younger daughter.
    Yvonne: Younger daughter you mean Suzanne
    Rita: [mutters] no the other one
    Bella: No it is just Yvonne and Suzanne, and the dead one
    Rita: [mutters] no the youngest, show me my youngest
    Yvonne: No ma, just me, Suzanne and Jimmy that is all
    Rita: [mutters] stop playing with my mind your not my Yvonne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Graham with headphones hung over his neck after just coming from the cinema apparantly :P

Samich wrote: »
    Graham with headphones hung over his neck after just coming from the cinema apparantly :P

If he can skateboard with headphones on without getting tangled in them or his ridiculous hair, he can go to the cinema with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's time someone held that Graham down and cut that stringy mop of hair off him. I know some teens have a unique fashion sense but he just looks silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I thought it was funny when Rachel said he should wear a helmet skateboarding.
    Who wears a helmet skateboarding?!

Besides it would mess up his hair :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement