Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I nearly had to turn it off last night, Bella Doyle's grey depressing face is a real put off. I hate him. That story of Rita is going nowhere, it's brutal. Damo should have punched him in his grey face when he got onto him about working at the nursing home place.
    And the stupid haircut on that douchebag that's sniffing around Rachel, the state of him, id break that skateboard across his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I really hope one of the writers puts in a storyline where bella gets a smack of a bus, he annoys me something awful and only serves to annoy the crap out of everyone on the show.
    Also has anyone noticed how Yvonne gets on the wrong side of everyone, insults her customers yet the cafe is nearly always full

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Rita's bell as Hector Salamanca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Ray, speaking about Rachel: 'forbidden fruit is all the more tasteful'. Are we about to see a RAYchel storyline....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Ray, speaking about Rachel: 'forbidden fruit is all the more tasteful'. Are we about to see a RAYchel storyline....

images.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ray sees himself as her grandfather

I did think at some stage we'd see Rachel have a crush or maybe get with Uncle Sean :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ray sees himself as her grandfather

I did think at some stage we'd see Rachel have a crush or maybe get with Uncle Sean :p

oh my god. VOMIT! LOL!!
    Then again, it wouldn't be that crazy for FC!

Oh wait, sure they're only related through Niamh, right? so no relation at all really. At times I even forget that Sean is Niamh's brother because they never use that relationship!

Was it Sean that got beaten up by Mark Halpin all those years ago when Mark set up a fight club on Bebo at school or something?!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

MJ23 wrote: »
    I nearly had to turn it off last night, Bella Doyle's grey depressing face is a real put off. I hate him. That story of Rita is going nowhere, it's brutal. Damo should have punched him in his grey face when he got onto him about working at the nursing home place.
    And the stupid haircut on that douchebag that's sniffing around Rachel, the state of him, id break that skateboard across his face.

Got a great laugh outta all that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Made me laugh :D

Ray and Keith are 2 fave characters in FC

this graham guy needs a haircut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

this graham guy needs a haircut

Recession really hitting Graham. Can only afford half a hair cut.

zack back next week pic of digital spy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Wednesday:
    Bela withers Yvonne and Damien with his contempt. Luke sympathises with Yvonne and offers her plans for the retirement village to mollify her father. Cass then counsels Yvonne to fix things with Bela and offers to mediate.

Yvonne shows the plans to Bela who, along with Cass, is appalled by the proposition. Bela confronts Luke and is further enraged when he learns that Yvonne stands to make a sizeable profit from her investment. Brimming with bitterness, Bela says that he will give life in his own home one more year, then move into Luke's development and cut ties with Yvonne forever…

Meanwhile, Sean begins to share his plans to go tree-planting in the Canadian wilderness. Caoimhe teases Dearbhla about the privations she will experience when camping. Judith approves a plan to throw a party for the couple at The Station before they leave. Cass gives Sean his lucky compass and Sean is buoyed up by Cass's praise and encouragement.

Elsewhere, Paul struggles with the reality of Rachel going out with her first proper boyfriend, while Leo comes to the conclusion that it would be better for Shannon to live in Carrigstown, but will Shannon want to stay?

Thursday:
    Bela and Yvonne continue their stand-off. Cass intercedes with both Bela and Yvonne, but it's to no avail. Bela admits to Cass that he has no intention of entering the retirement village in a year but is merely calling Yvonne's bluff.

Later, Yvonne is horrified when Bela announces to assembled locals in Vino's that his daughter tried to get rid of him by placing him in a retirement home while making a profit, but that he's decided against leaving Carrigstown. Ashamed and upset, Yvonne flees the restaurant floor. Later, Yvonne chides Bela, clarifies her motivations and he feels some remorse.

Meanwhile, Sean increasingly looks forward to his camping experiment in Wicklow with Dearbhla, as preparation for their travels in Canada. However, Judith believes that Dearbhla is completely misguided about the camping in Canada plan. Later, Sean is disappointed that Dearbhla insists on taking the car, as he was planning to rough it by hiking. As soon as they arrive at the designated field, Dearbhla is unhappy, having envisioned more deluxe camping facilities. Dearbhla and Sean's camping trip soon descends into squabbles and sulking.

Elsewhere, Leo hopes to persuade Sandie to let Shannon stay with him, but has to enlist Val's help when Shannon refuses to talk to Sandie, while Rachel tries to convince Paul to allow her to go to a disco with Graham.

Sunday:
    Sean and Dearbhla return from camping, subdued, cranky and confused. Caoimhe grills Dearbhla as to what went wrong but gets nowhere. Caoimhe advises Dearbhla to gloss over this with Judith because Judith is so keen for Sean to accompany Dearbhla to Canada and look after her. Tommy and Judith disapprove when Dearbhla fails to make a fuss over Zak who has just returned from Kilkenny. Sean summons Dearbhla for a summit in which he says he no longer thinks they should go to Canada together. Dearbhla is shocked but she calls Sean's bluff by agreeing. After another chat with Caoimhe, Dearbhla decides she needs Sean in Canada for practical reasons.

Christy notes tension between Val and her son, Eddie who is looking for business opportunities when she thinks he should be looking for a job. Eddie sees Luke as a possible prospect and tries to find out more about him. Eddie is scornful of Decco's humble new jobs of passing out leaflets. Wayne tells Neasa he thinks Eddie fancies her. Wayne tells Eddie to persevere because he thinks Neasa fancies Eddie.

Meanwhile, Pete is grateful for Dolores's ongoing support and lets her know it. Orla is irked by Neil's lack of contribution to the housework but Neil tells her if he gets this new restaurant job he's trying for, he'll be out of her hair for good. Neil also tricks Orla into kissing him for good luck. Pete is hurt that Neil hasn't told him about his new job prospect. Dolores encourages Pete to start afresh with his efforts to get closer to Neil and they invite him to dinner where Neil confesses he did not get the restaurant job because his injured hand was slowing him down. Pete gives Neil the rest of his prescription painkillers because his own back injury has now healed. Neil snaps at Orla for revealing his restaurant prospect to Pete. Neil is down about his Paris plans being delayed.

Elsewhere, Tommy is frustrated when all Zak wants to do is play on the computer. Luke introduces himself to his nephew but Zak's not interested. Luke and Tommy bond over memories. Eddie makes an approach to Luke, in financial advisor mode, but gets slapped down. Sean breaks up with Dearbhla and, from his tone, she can't misunderstand the fact that he means business.

Tuesday:
    Judith confronts Zak about his sulking and he admits that he misses his friends in Kilkenny and wants to move back there and live with Kitty, leaving Judith very upset.

Sean confesses to Christy that he and Caoimhe have broken up and he is no longer going to Canada. Sean is taken aback when Christy reminds him that he has given up his job and house so there's nothing left for him in Carrigstown. Orla suggests to Sean that he at least go to Canada for a few weeks' holiday.

Dolores advises Pete to discuss with Neil before trying to help him secure work but Pete goes ahead and asks Yvonne and Luke about jobs for his errant son. Orla deliberately tells Neil about Pete interfering. Neil is furious and rows with Pete. Wayne warns Dolores not to get involved between father and son and worries about Neil's temper. Pete apologies to Neil for interfering - and also for not being the best father. They begin to make amends until Neil announces he is going to move to Paris straight away, leaving Pete gutted.

Val tries to match-make between Eddie and Neasa. The would-be couple makes a joke of Val's manipulation attempts but there is an undeniable spark between them.

Luke receives a worrying phone-call from his solicitor. Reluctantly, Luke decides to ask Eddie to help him try to bury some assets so that his wife's solicitor can't access them. Luke warns Eddie that he guards his privacy fiercely.
    Elsewhere, Wayne goads Neil about not getting the job in The Grainstore.

Great - a week of Bela bitching and the interminable Deabhla/Sean Canada trip. I think the TV will be getting a rest this week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Jesus, the first scene and we have Bella's moany face whinging again, please writers kill the miserable oul fella out of it

how did Jim Bartley get an acting job. That is all I want to say.

the funny thing is I bet the writers assume we depict Bella as a loveable rogue, the protaganist, if I may, in Fair City. whereas he is no more likeable than The Scowel or The Ram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

"What about his hair?" - Keith to Paul.

The truest words ever spoken on Fair City.

IsMiseLisa wrote: »

Keith can hardly speak. He went around with tuffets of hair exhuming from his severely balded noggin for years. looked like he was either a 80 year old man or someone just pulled out of a fire with hair scorched!! At least Paul shaves his!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

where's the lucy story gone ..... again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

betonit wrote: »

In the looney bin where it belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

betonit wrote: »

And Eddie's disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

fifi234ie wrote: »
    And Eddie's disappeared.

And Gonzo and Deco and the other brother. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I hate Bella

Nice to see that fair city are taking a different approach to their usual 'argue.. make up... argue... make up.... argue.... ' storyline with this boring canada travel story. Oh wait, no, its the same approach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

IsMiseLisa wrote: »

I had to laugh when they said he may as well enjoy it while he has it. Really funny.

jesus just kill on rita

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

Hello all!

I've just been dipping in and out lately but could someone tell me please why Bella is moaning and groaning like an old woman?

I know that Rita has been moved but it sounds like she is no worse so what is Bella's problem ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The daughter wants to put him in a nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

She only wants him to go into it when he aint able to live on his own anymore or something like that.

Feicin Dearbhla or however ye spell it. Annoying little fart! She doesn't even have the money for the plane tickets over, Daddy is buying them and she is whining about Sean looking for work. How the hell do you plan on getting money for eating, somewhere to sleep at night, travel expenses in the country itself etc! :rolleyes:

Also camping is messy and dirty ...DUH! Silly fart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Feicin Dearbhla or however ye spell it.

Cad a feicann sí? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement