Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I've never seen Glenroe (I think that's why yas call him Blackie) so I can't comment, but Jesus, he is so wooden.

I dunno how the directors lets them away with the horrible performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Glenroe was on once a week in fairness and they had ample time to rehearsals. I was listening to one of the directors who used to work on The Riordans and she said that they had a 3 week schedule for 3 shows, were they would rehearse for during week one and two and start filming week three. (something like that anyway).

Soap Operas nowadays are about a quick turn around and as many episodes as possible, the audience would stand for a summer break. Just look at the posts when RTÉ were cutting episodes because of the EUROs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    Glenroe was on once a week in fairness and they had ample time to rehearsals.

Glenroe was like The Godfather next to tonight's acting performances..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

The old toothpaste on a lovebite trick. Ah, memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Why do RTE change the times of Fair city, it was always on at 19:30 every Wednesday but they changed it to 8pm tonight.

I think it was because Corrie was on at 7.30 this evening - FC and Corrie don't normally clash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

Samich wrote: »
    Why is Sean never out of his suit? He looks stupid.

He looks like an undertaker's assistant.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

+1 on Bella shagging off to retirement village..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

deelite wrote: »
    I think it was because Corrie was on at 7.30 this evening - FC and Corrie don't normally clash.

They've clashed a couple of times in recent weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

sue z wrote: »
    +1 on Bella shagging off to retirement village..

The sooner they send Bella and the bell off to the retirement village the better. Sick of looking at his moany face, I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for Yvonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I am getting sick of the sh1te that Bela is spouting. Going on like the devoted husband. Makes me sick. Has he forgotten that he used to be separated from Rita when he was off shagging Linda (Barry O'Hanlon's missus) and if I remember correctly, when Bela & Linda's baby (Alice) died, he fecked off to England for a while? As far as I remember, Bela and Rita only got back together the time Jimmy married Robin.

• Advertisement

Shakyfan wrote: »
    They've clashed a couple of times in recent weeks!

and probally lost ratings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Yvonne is nearly always dressed in black, i like it. She's getting better looking as she gets older too. Saucy minx.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

MJ23 wrote: »
    Yvonne is nearly always dressed in black, i like it. She's getting better looking as she gets older too. Saucy minx.

Anyone know how old she is? Late thirties?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 55,677 ✭✭✭✭walshb

el diablo wrote: »
    Anyone know how old she is? Late thirties?

I think Ciara O'Callaghan is 38. A real old style stunner in the mould of Liz Taylor and Kim Novak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

walshb wrote: »
    I think Ciara O'Callaghan is 38. A real old style stunner in the mould of Liz Taylor and Kim Novak.

Huh! I'd have put her at 32-34 years old.

She's aging well and is a class A stunner!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

IMDb says she's 40! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0639952/

She looks very well in fairness. and her clothes are probably one the nicest out of all the women in fair city.
    Temaz wrote: »
    Huh! I'd have put her at 32-34 years old.

She's aging well and is a class A stunner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Ciara-O_Callaghan_990531t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Samich wrote: »
    I remember years ago when MSN was the big thing. Somehow got chatting to this girl and ended up it was Rachel from FC. She told me it's **** but it's better than nothing :pac:

unless you are in your mid to late teens, this mail sounds slightly creepy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Dunny! wrote: »
    Ciara-O_Callaghan_990531t.jpg

A1 ;)

Are Dearbhala and Sean leaving the programme then? I dislike Sean, boring character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

This might have been asked before but is that Finn in those ads for road safety? You know the ones with the motorbikes?!

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    This might have been asked before but is that Finn in those ads for road safety? You know the ones with the motorbikes?!

Didn't think of that, doubt it is?

so I see the character of Caoimhe has completely altered her personality. While im delighted that the scowls have ceased, its annoying, but expected, that character personality continuity once again is lost on Fair City scriptwriters.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, bella is staying. He trolled us :(

damn, looks like Bellas staying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Oh lord, Bela, you whingy moaner. :/ I hope this isn't an ongoing storyline. I'm not able for his breathy moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    damn, looks like Bellas staying.

I hate the moaning b@stard. He'd put years on ye.

do leo and christy share Val?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Brilliant lines from Cass to Bella tonight -
    'You're being childish, you should be in a kindegarten not a retirement village' and 'you could be lucky and get hit by a bus'. Classics !

• Advertisement

Send Bella to Hella. Campaign needs to be taken up a notch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement