Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

when sash first arrived in her pjs i liked her.... but last wk i changed my mind .... the exchanges between her and petes son are terrible one of the worst acting displays ive seen on fc. are they supposed to be acting coy and flirting...i found it painful to watch ....normally i find the 'bad' acting funny....not this time. the new bloke is just dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Not really getting the whole Lucy thing to be honest, the more they drag it out, the more the writes seem to dig the hole.

What is her purpose?

I noticed the other day, that fair city never shows people on there own like they do in other soaps, doing dodgy stuff.

Like they could do a scene with Lucy and give us a hind of what she is up too?

So she worked in a Topaz, went to a mental home when she was younger. What reason etc..

There's plenty the writers could do with her but are pissing around with stupid story lines which are boring.

Whats with all this dodgy accounting crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Was Fair Sh1tty on last night (Sunday)? My NTL didn't record it if it was... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

msg11 wrote: »
    Not really getting the whole Lucy thing to be honest, the more they drag it out, the more the writes seem to dig the hole.

What is her purpose?

I noticed the other day, that fair city never shows people on there own like they do in other soaps, doing dodgy stuff.

Like they could do a scene with Lucy and give us a hind of what she is up too?

So she worked in a Topaz, went to a mental home when she was younger. What reason etc..

There's plenty the writers could do with her but are pissing around with stupid story lines which are boring.

Whats with all this dodgy accounting crap?

Thats genius they should do a flashback episode or something like lost where they flash back and foreward. Lucy as a teen crazy burning and looting then flash back to her now schemeig and plotting then build to the big present finale. Itd win loads of them silly awards you never heard of until fair city win them. Itd catapult Pete into the big time. The offers would be flying in for him to play all sorts . Maybe even Steve the barman would get his big break playing batman in the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

sue z wrote: »
    Was Fair Sh1tty on last night (Sunday)? My NTL didn't record it if it was... :(
    No, it's only on Tuesday and Thursday this week.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2012/0727/txdisruption.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I think Lucy is too old to be Harry's lovechild with Shelley - their affair made it onto Reeling in the Years the other night (I think it was 1999) so that would make Lucy only 12 or 13!
    Glad Pete has an ally in Bob. Hopefully it wont be dragged out too much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Are ya joking? Dragging it out is what Fair City does best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Ah no, Charlottes back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

pookiesboo wrote: »

i think its great shes so jealous of rachel its exactly what she deserves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And Rachel is friends with her again :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Okay, where did Cass get the car?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Okay, where did Cass get the car?

It's that youngfella Seans car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

And John Deegan!

Is Lucy trying to set Bob up with Dolores or what?

happyday wrote: »
    And John Deegan!

Is Lucy trying to set Bob up with Dolores or what?

John Deegan handing out the traffic tickets like a good Garda he is..

I can see Lucy taking Bob to the cleaners, give some bollix about harassment that ****, might get the end of the story there next year some time..

****** Charlottes back

and someone give john a storyline i like to see him act

and that graham will someone hold him down while i get a sciccors

gwan pete give lucy what for

why no fair city on wednesday

Neil is a legend, if it wasn't for him and Cass there'd be no point in watching. Especially now the delectable Dearbhla is gone.

http://youtu.be/0uvepC85hpU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Deagan is back on the beat,
    cracking skulls and smashing teeth,
    parking fines he eats raw meat
    life in uniform blisters on feet.

Alot of people may not know this but deagan was the lead singer in an ian drury and the blockheads tribute group with leo when they were only young lads in their 40s. It was this murky world of sex drugs and rock n roll and a smack of a large senegalese mans rythem stick that led john to a life of law enforcement .

I see hes being brought back into it because its close to lucy getting arrested/getting away.

John deagan would rather you left town than went to prison. Hes busy looking after carrickstown . He doesnt owe you a bed

msg11 wrote: »
    It's that youngfella Seans car.

Where used Sean park it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where used Sean park it before?

Outside his and Finn's house? Back of Spar?

That's a good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

People trying to make voting out to be cool. :rolleyes: At least Bosco understood the bull****, Colin Farrell also seemed to.

• Advertisement

Colin Farrell should film a few scenes in Fair City :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I've been away a month. Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of whats happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Bob now realises that there's something odd with Lucy. That's pretty much the only thing that happened in the last month. :pac:

Sean went off to Canada after all but might come back sooner than expected, he hinted at that. A long-haired wonder called Graham has been introduced to take Rachel's heart. Pete's son, Neil, is working in Vino's and is a huge success but that is bound to come down soon since he seems to have a recent dodgy past (possibly drugs?). Eddie has gone into business with Deco, working in the office with Dermot and Ester (yep the same one he robbed a while back).

14/08/12
    Paul is moody with his employees at the garage, leaving Ray and Keith puzzled by his behaviour. Feeling lost and fearing he has wasted his life, Paul goes AWOL. On his return, he levels with Niamh that his working life at the garage has to come to an end. Niamh reminds him of his responsibilities and even suggests evening classes, but Paul doesn't take it well.
    Later, Paul is delighted when Niamh gives him the go-ahead to do some research and start over. Paul asks Wayne to manage the garage for a month while he sorts himself out. His spirits are lifted by the prospect of freedom, but Niamh is concerned.
    Meanwhile, Rachel looks for an opportunity to lose her virginity to Graham. Yvonne gets suspicious when she hears of a planned sleepover at Shannon's. She calls Rachel on her plan and gets stern with her young niece. Later, Shannon refuses to be Rachel's cover while she attends Graham's party. Yvonne also delivers some words of warning to Graham, and he is suitably intimidated.
    Elsewhere, Neil is surprised when Pete gives him advice on winning Sash over, while Cass is livid when Keith causes him to get a parking fine.

15/08/12
    Paul is relieved when Wayne accepts his offer of a month's trial managing the garage. Wayne is delighted and buys flowers for Lucy and his mum, which he presents to them while breaking the news. Wayne also asks Lucy to move in with him again and she finally agrees. Soon afterwards, Lucy feels increasingly dissatisfied and panicky as Dolores shares the news with Pete. When Dolores is out, Lucy and Pete spar - showing their true hostility towards each other.
    Later, Lucy feigns distress in front of Wayne over how Pete has been treating her. Lucy tells Wayne that she called out Pete over faking the back injury and Pete lost his temper, telling her how he would turn Wayne and Dolores against her. A fuming Wayne takes a break from work to confront Pete about his alleged threat to Lucy and indeed his fake back injury. However, Dolores arrives and interrupts before Wayne and Pete can clarify their positions.
    Meanwhile, Yvonne finally tells Niamh about the Rachel situation. At the same time, Rachel is displeased when she finds out that Charlotte is planning to play gooseberry throughout her illicit date night at The Station. Later, Rachel is turned away by the bouncer and she is hurt when Graham continues on through the doors with Charlotte, instead of walking her home.
    Yvonne and Niamh then find Rachel at home, feeling sorry for herself. Niamh's relief lets Rachel know that Yvonne has broken her confidence about sleeping with Graham. Yvonne and Niamh are delighted when Rachel says that she never wants to see Graham again. Back on the night out, Charlotte kisses Graham and convinces him to take her home with him…
    Elsewhere, Sash agrees to go on another date with Neil, while Cass devises strategies to obtain free parking but they backfire.

16/08/12
    Wayne asks Pete to stay away from Lucy. However, Pete defends himself against Lucy's allegations, claiming that this is her manipulative agenda at work. Later, Dolores is pleasantly surprised when she finds that Pete has organised a day out for the two of them. Pete feels reassured by Dolores's warmth towards him, and makes a call to a jewellery shop in town about rings.
    Soon afterwards, Lucy comes home pretending to have a headache. Dolores steps out to get painkillers for her, and Lucy takes the opportunity to threaten Pete that if he turns Dolores against her, he'll regret it. When Dolores returns, Lucy pretends to feel faint and Dolores decides she must stay home to look after Lucy. Lucy then continues her campaign to make Wayne think Pete is a work-shy gold-digger. However, Pete finds his mettle and proposes to Dolores on bended knee. Dolores accepts and rejoices.
    Meanwhile, when Rachel meets Graham, she is cool to him but she still doesn't know that he slept with Charlotte. Soon afterwards, Charlotte tells Rachel that she went home with a guy last night and that she saw Graham chatting up some other girl. Later, Charlotte gets pressure from Graham not to reveal what happened. Graham doesn't exactly let Charlotte down easily when he tells her they're finished, and he'd rather Rachel didn't find out.
    Elsewhere, Decco attempts to drum up business for Chariot, while Sash and Neil have taken their relationship to the next level, but can straight-laced Sash handle Neil's party lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

I dont normally watch fair city but forgot to turn the tv off after ee:D but whats the deal with rachels boyfriend the acting is absoulty awful and his haircut .. i dont think fair city know anything about teens

Dublinfan wrote: »
    I dont normally watch fair city but forgot to turn the tv off after ee:D but whats the deal with rachels boyfriend the acting is absoulty awful and his haircut .. i dont think fair city know anything about teens

Who does in all fairness? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Dublinfan wrote: »

Who does in all fairness? :D

In the real world, Charlotte would be told to "f..k off" and that "everyone hopes you get a relapse you f..king b..ch" by her peers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I can appreciate Wayne's character is the comic relief, but jaysus, he annoys the shyte outta me whenever he comes on screen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Couldn't agre more Booters, couldn't agre more

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement